Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict 12:35 - Apr 2 with 1372 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62234/southampton-at-ips

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:01 - Apr 2 with 1304 viewsButty101

KWP couldnt be brought on as we had used as our 3 substitute slots. E.g you can bring 5 players on but you have to do that in 3 lots.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:05 - Apr 2 with 1296 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:01 - Apr 2 by Butty101

KWP couldnt be brought on as we had used as our 3 substitute slots. E.g you can bring 5 players on but you have to do that in 3 lots.

Thanks for reminding me, however the question still remains why he wasn't used at all

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:16 - Apr 2 with 1256 viewsButty101

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:05 - Apr 2 by SaintNick

Thanks for reminding me, however the question still remains why he wasn't used at all

If he is fit he should start every game. Hes possibly our only prem class player. Martins comments suggested that he was dropped for his boro mistake.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:17 - Apr 2 with 1258 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:16 - Apr 2 by Butty101

If he is fit he should start every game. Hes possibly our only prem class player. Martins comments suggested that he was dropped for his boro mistake.

Strange that one our better players of the season should be dropped after one mistake

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:27 - Apr 2 with 1207 viewsIfonly

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:17 - Apr 2 by SaintNick

Strange that one our better players of the season should be dropped after one mistake

Yes, it's bizarre but that's RM for you. I have nothing against Bree but if KWP was fully fit he should start ahead of Bree every time and any manager who can't see that is an idiot. As others have said, he's one of our few PL level players. Not only that, KWP should have started ahead of JS if he wanted particularly to play Bree.
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 15:06 - Apr 2 with 1059 viewskingolaf

I was hoping Bazunu was going to get subbed.

Playing him is like giving the opposition a goal start every game.

A total liability. I couldn’t care less how good he is with his feet.
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 15:08 - Apr 2 with 1053 viewssaint22

Wussell said Bree trained well and KWP didn’t have his best game Friday so was dropped!

WTF! If that’s how you work things Wussell you should be dropping Baz and Jack and Ryan and Che and Will every other week
Just shows he is running on stubborn ego and friends
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 15:15 - Apr 2 with 1035 viewssaint901

KWP had a poor game (for him) with Boro. I thought he looked uninterested and lacked any ambition to drive on when he could have done.

Was he at error for their goal? Scored by their CF who walked past our centrebacks and a cross from wide right which should never have been allowed in?

If that is why he was dropped the RM needs to have a word with himself and his ego. You don't drop your best player all season just for one error. That is not going to inspire him. And it will discourage others from taking a risk or two. Poor management.
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 16:28 - Apr 2 with 949 viewsCity_boy

It did seem odd for KWP to be dropped, even if he did have an average game against Boro. That did not warrant dropping him. Others have had many crap/average games and still get picked (or found a place in the team !!).

I am wondering if he has spoken up and said what most people are thinking that RM didn't like ?

You just dont drop your best player for the most important game so far this season.
[Post edited 2 Apr 16:29]
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 16:52 - Apr 2 with 901 viewsSFC_Referee

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 13:17 - Apr 2 by SaintNick

Well even if he did wanna drop him, I’d of thought the perfect time to of brought him on would’ve been when Bednerak went down injured, as then we could’ve had both centre half’s (Stephens and THB) playing as centre half’s, and had two fullbacks in the fullback positions.
So why he didn’t also make that change when he brought off Fraser or Adams I really don’t get, even more so the fact that he only used 4 of the 5 subs the opportunities he had.
[Post edited 2 Apr 16:53]

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 17:04 - Apr 2 with 877 viewsgrumpy

Lego man struggles when it comes substitutes.
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 17:44 - Apr 2 with 823 viewssaint22

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 17:04 - Apr 2 by grumpy

Lego man struggles when it comes substitutes.

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 18:53 - Apr 2 with 760 views1ASIN12

Walker Peters is our best right back and our best left back and as others have said , if fit should always play. However like a lot of managers , Martin has some crazy ideas sometimes.

We started the season looking like every time a team attacked we were going to let a goal in. Then we seamed to have sorted it. Though we still found keeping clean sheets hard. Now we have gone back to that team that look like we are going to let a goal in every time a team attacks.

As was mentioned in the report the game seemed to change the moment Ipswich hit the post.

1 point from the 2 Easter games is poor but more importantly so is 7 points from our last 6 games .
Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 23:56 - Apr 2 with 518 viewssaint22

Southampton At Ipswich The Verdict on 18:53 - Apr 2 by 1ASIN12

Walker Peters is our best right back and our best left back and as others have said , if fit should always play. However like a lot of managers , Martin has some crazy ideas sometimes.

We started the season looking like every time a team attacked we were going to let a goal in. Then we seamed to have sorted it. Though we still found keeping clean sheets hard. Now we have gone back to that team that look like we are going to let a goal in every time a team attacks.

As was mentioned in the report the game seemed to change the moment Ipswich hit the post.

1 point from the 2 Easter games is poor but more importantly so is 7 points from our last 6 games .

And after that awful run of 4 defeats when we seemed to have sorted out leaking goals and go unbeaten, when did that change again??
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024