Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? 18:26 - Apr 6 with 2414 viewsReslovenSwan1

Ipswich struggled for seasons in the Championship and only really changed their trajectory after a rebuild in the league 1. They may, now, after "clearing the decks" get directly promoted to the PL over the parachute teams.

Moore, Broadhead, Lief Davis, Wes Burns, Morsey, Al Hammadi, Harness, Chaplin were all within SCFCs budget.

I am convinced there is a smell of decay amongst the first team squad that a strong manager would have stamped on. "We beat Cardiff" and apart from that 1 point out of four of the notionally easier games. Too many 'going through the motions' performances with 1 or 2 goal defeats seemingly satisfactory. The Martin mantra was dominate possession tire out the opposition then capitalise on their tiredness. It rarely worked.

The captain Grimes recently stated that the club is making 'good strides' and 'the signs are better times are ahead'. The players have been saying this for three years now.

I expect more from Cooper and Cullen. They are flat lining and are not going to get better. There are better players out there. The team need to economise on number and get one or two quality players with something to prove.

No more "sick notes" and lightweight players like Yates who cannot head the ball. Gyorkeres Whittaker, Kukarevych, Fletcher, Al Hammadi all rejected and seen as worse than Cullen. Something is badly wrong with the "culture" of the club.

Swansea is a nice lucrative home for boring 'ordinary joes' who will not take risks. Grimes Fulton, Cooper, Cullen, Yates Pedersen, Walsh. "0-1 that will do nicely. we are making progress" .

Drinking zambucas on Wind Street is only OK if your perform afterwards. If you lose the next three or four horrible blokes like me will ask questions about why the management allowed it.
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:30 - Apr 6 with 1774 viewsonehunglow

No

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:46 - Apr 6 with 1738 viewsunion_jack

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:30 - Apr 6 by onehunglow

No

You’d only know if it happened. But given our owners and wouldn’t expect them to invest in a promotion seeking side with players who could operate in The Championship.

Ipswich have been lucky. You can only be like them with a large element of luck mixed with good planning and scouting of course.

We were lucky in the Martinez days, everything came together but if we went down now I don’t think the slide would stop at L1 if I’m honest.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:49 - Apr 6 with 1728 viewsonehunglow

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:46 - Apr 6 by union_jack

You’d only know if it happened. But given our owners and wouldn’t expect them to invest in a promotion seeking side with players who could operate in The Championship.

Ipswich have been lucky. You can only be like them with a large element of luck mixed with good planning and scouting of course.

We were lucky in the Martinez days, everything came together but if we went down now I don’t think the slide would stop at L1 if I’m honest.

Agreed
I am terrified of us falling right through
I read much “ positive “garbage all of it meant to make the author feel better.

The club is all about the city of Swansea and its people wherever they live in the world and whether they are alive or not.

It’s fair to say I see my arse from time to time

Duff,at least ,spared us the BS

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:58 - Apr 6 with 1711 viewsjack247

Not at all. People were saying this in our last two PL seasons. Are we in a better place now?

There will always be an anomaly like Ipswich who people hold up as a yardstick and think their team should be like. Derby, Charlton, Bolton etc never get mentioned.

Not to mention they were taken over 3/4 years ago by owners willing to invest. They’d be closer to league two than the PL without that.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:02 - Apr 6 with 1699 viewsbuilthjack

Not with these owners.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:14 - Apr 6 with 1684 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve had a few chats with people of late who are more than happy for this shit show to absolutely fall apart and we start up again in step 7 or 8 as an AFC. Trust me, this club will never die. We’ve been here before, And personally I’ve done the hard miles.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:53 - Apr 6 with 1624 viewsBillyChong

A silly OP trying to put some sort of spin on the downfall caused by poor ownership. We’d be looking further down the leagues for cheap gamble signings that fail to pay off.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:06 - Apr 6 with 1614 viewsWhiterockin

Ridiculous attention seeking suggestion.
Login to get fewer ads

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 20:07 - Apr 6 with 1612 viewsBillyChong

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:14 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

I’ve had a few chats with people of late who are more than happy for this shit show to absolutely fall apart and we start up again in step 7 or 8 as an AFC. Trust me, this club will never die. We’ve been here before, And personally I’ve done the hard miles.

I wonder what the OP (who conveniently forgets the trusts role back then) would have to say about that
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 22:42 - Apr 6 with 1480 viewsAnotherJohn

I seem to remember this line of argument when we were still in the EPL; that we needed to go down to regroup for a season or two. Of course, getting back up was probably always beyond our capabilities. If we went down again then we might well stay there for a while.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:15 - Apr 6 with 1430 viewsWhiterockin

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 18:58 - Apr 6 by jack247

Not at all. People were saying this in our last two PL seasons. Are we in a better place now?

There will always be an anomaly like Ipswich who people hold up as a yardstick and think their team should be like. Derby, Charlton, Bolton etc never get mentioned.

Not to mention they were taken over 3/4 years ago by owners willing to invest. They’d be closer to league two than the PL without that.

And that investment is paying off. £105M fresh investment last month for a 40% share. Just shows how the club, team and owners can benefit from sound investment and decision making. Lessons to be learnt there for those who are not too arrogant to learn. Sell your best players and replace with cheap and there is only one way you are going.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:34 - Apr 6 with 1391 viewsReslovenSwan1

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 19:14 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

This revelation is no surprise at all.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:40 - Apr 6 with 1386 viewsReslovenSwan1

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:15 - Apr 6 by Whiterockin

And that investment is paying off. £105M fresh investment last month for a 40% share. Just shows how the club, team and owners can benefit from sound investment and decision making. Lessons to be learnt there for those who are not too arrogant to learn. Sell your best players and replace with cheap and there is only one way you are going.

This investment came after the closing of the transfer window. Ipswich are top two and it is nothing to do with millions of investment.

"The Blues brought in four players during the window, with Kieffer Moore arriving on loan from Bournemouth on deadline day in addition to Jeremy Sarmiento (Brighton, loan), Lewis Travis (Blackburn, loan) and Ali Al-Hamadi (Wimbledon, undisclosed)" - google

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:45 - Apr 6 with 1386 viewsmajorraglan

My take on this is a resounding no. Things are pretty poor at the moment but they’d get a lot worse in League 1.

Quite a few players are out of contract at the end of the season and there’s a need to rebuild, but doing it in League 1 is going to be tough. As things stand Championship teams pick up around £9m in tv money and solidarity payments, that drops to around £1.75m for a League 1 team. Rebuilding on on 5 times less that their picking up now is a massive task. Also need to factor lower attendances in and the club will be facing massive problems.

A couple of different online sites state that Grimes is n around £1.2m per year, that’s not going to leave much over!
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 05:33 - Apr 7 with 1322 viewsjack247

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 23:40 - Apr 6 by ReslovenSwan1

This investment came after the closing of the transfer window. Ipswich are top two and it is nothing to do with millions of investment.

"The Blues brought in four players during the window, with Kieffer Moore arriving on loan from Bournemouth on deadline day in addition to Jeremy Sarmiento (Brighton, loan), Lewis Travis (Blackburn, loan) and Ali Al-Hamadi (Wimbledon, undisclosed)" - google

Ipswich have spent just over £7m the last two years according to transfermarkt and received a fee for 1 player (£580k).

If you’re going to hold them up as an example of anything, it should be not selling their best players.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 07:06 - Apr 7 with 1292 viewsPawelAbbott

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 05:33 - Apr 7 by jack247

Ipswich have spent just over £7m the last two years according to transfermarkt and received a fee for 1 player (£580k).

If you’re going to hold them up as an example of anything, it should be not selling their best players.

If we were to go down, there would be another fire sale of players. Then we would buy cheaper players of poorer quality. Each summer we would sell anyone of value and buy cheaper than we received. Slowly we would fall down that division until we were in a yearly relegation battle.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 07:13 - Apr 7 with 1284 viewsjack247

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 07:06 - Apr 7 by PawelAbbott

If we were to go down, there would be another fire sale of players. Then we would buy cheaper players of poorer quality. Each summer we would sell anyone of value and buy cheaper than we received. Slowly we would fall down that division until we were in a yearly relegation battle.

100% agree. Get relegated and come back like a phoenix from the ashes is romantic nonsense. One thing if we get taken over by owners who are prepared to fund a bid to get back up, but no one like that is going to buy us.

However bad we’ve been the last couple of games, I don’t see relegation as an issue, there are too many bad teams below us. Next season it could well happen if we carry on as we are.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 08:00 - Apr 7 with 1251 viewsPawelAbbott

When we rose through the divisions, we kept our best players and replaced the poorer ones. We made slow progress, then each of Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup came in with a list of players that they wanted and we made a bigger advance.

Cooper and Martin brought their own players in. We could only loan in Coopers and just missed out on promotion. Martins in general were not good enough e.g. Fisher, Sorinola, Darling.

Our recruitment, without manager input has often been poor e.g the returns of Ayew, Bony, Trundle etc too many poor signings to mention

For the current owners plans to have any success they need to bring in managers with more experience with top sides, someone with great contacts. Not someone who has managed mid table lower league teams.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 08:04 - Apr 7 with 1244 viewsWhiterockin

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 07:13 - Apr 7 by jack247

100% agree. Get relegated and come back like a phoenix from the ashes is romantic nonsense. One thing if we get taken over by owners who are prepared to fund a bid to get back up, but no one like that is going to buy us.

However bad we’ve been the last couple of games, I don’t see relegation as an issue, there are too many bad teams below us. Next season it could well happen if we carry on as we are.

Spot on. If we went down, which I really don't think we will. Out of contract players would not re sign as we couldn't afford to pay them enough. We would get much weaker loans and there would be no chance of Rushworth next season. Players of any value would be sold under value. Any signings would probably be free transfers. But not to worry Coleman and Gude would carry on getting paid for doing a crap job.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 09:49 - Apr 7 with 1141 viewsonehunglow

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 08:04 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

Spot on. If we went down, which I really don't think we will. Out of contract players would not re sign as we couldn't afford to pay them enough. We would get much weaker loans and there would be no chance of Rushworth next season. Players of any value would be sold under value. Any signings would probably be free transfers. But not to worry Coleman and Gude would carry on getting paid for doing a crap job.

I remember many posts stating we didn’t really fit on the PL and would feel more confirtable in the Championship.
Now ,it seems sone would rather go to Burton Albion than the Stadium of Light
Just in credible

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 12:12 - Apr 7 with 1056 viewsSullutaCreturned

If relegation rid us of these owners and these pathetic players then maybe it'd be worth it.
Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 14:35 - Apr 8 with 891 viewsReslovenSwan1

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 12:12 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

If relegation rid us of these owners and these pathetic players then maybe it'd be worth it.

Managers were given great player s to sign on permanent deals but chose Cullen and Lowe instead. Gyorkeres Whittaker Al Hamadi Fletcher. The American wanted Martin to play and get the best out of Whitaker. Martin refused.

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:04 - Apr 8 with 855 viewsswancity

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 14:35 - Apr 8 by ReslovenSwan1

Managers were given great player s to sign on permanent deals but chose Cullen and Lowe instead. Gyorkeres Whittaker Al Hamadi Fletcher. The American wanted Martin to play and get the best out of Whitaker. Martin refused.

That’s because in nearly every instance Managers will want focussed, committed and hard working honest players around them that they can rely on. Whittaker for example is a bit of an enigma. One goal at Derby in 20 odd games and two at Swansea in over 30 appearances did not show that he was worth the baggage albeit he showed in glimpses some ability. He’s now 23 and matured. Settled at Plymouth and is playing regular football and he seems to have grown up.

It’s easy with hindsight. He often looked lazy and you do not want that in your team.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:18 - Apr 8 with 843 viewsonehunglow

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:04 - Apr 8 by swancity

That’s because in nearly every instance Managers will want focussed, committed and hard working honest players around them that they can rely on. Whittaker for example is a bit of an enigma. One goal at Derby in 20 odd games and two at Swansea in over 30 appearances did not show that he was worth the baggage albeit he showed in glimpses some ability. He’s now 23 and matured. Settled at Plymouth and is playing regular football and he seems to have grown up.

It’s easy with hindsight. He often looked lazy and you do not want that in your team.

Yet he showed his ability scoring a screamer against Manchester City.
That should have been a clue
It wasn’t and more a case of our ciaches not prepared to handle him.
Difficult players are often better ones
He will single-handedly keep Plymouth up.
Which of ours is capable of that
None

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:24 - Apr 8 with 824 viewsWhiterockin

Would it be better if Swansea got relegated.? on 15:18 - Apr 8 by onehunglow

Yet he showed his ability scoring a screamer against Manchester City.
That should have been a clue
It wasn’t and more a case of our ciaches not prepared to handle him.
Difficult players are often better ones
He will single-handedly keep Plymouth up.
Which of ours is capable of that
None

Two goals in the last 10 games. We will have to wait and see if he single handedly keeps them up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024