Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stadium Update Meeting 19:28 - Apr 13 with 6270 viewsBLEEDRED

A small number of fans attended a meeting before today's game. It was very informative with a few surprises.
1- 9000 safe standing places will installed The whole of the Northam will be safe standing, some of the Chapel and some in the away end
2- in the next couple of weeks, a special deal will be announced (Cheaper tickets?) for the Northam
3 Prices in other areas may rise
4-The club are looking to build a pub open 7 days a week They are tied into Kingfisher beer for 1 more season, but hope to get the beer prices down to £4/£4.50 a pint
5- Most of the parachute payment went on loan repayments (something to do with how the contracts were set up)
6- if we don't get promoted, many players have said they will leave (no names!!)
7-If the club can get the season tickets up to 24000 for a few seasons they would look at the possibility of expanding the ground
8-The players notice that the noise from home fans is not that good compared to the support they get from Saints fans away
9-There was more but can't remember!!!
Stadium Update Meeting on 14:51 - Apr 15 with 1789 viewsSaintNick

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:35 - Apr 15 by dirk_doone

1. Ipswich
2. Leicester
3. Leeds

Interesting.

And how many of those clubs have their home section in a corner?

Interesting home data

Ipswich Won 15, drew 6 Lost 1 = Points 51

Leicester Won 15 Drew 1 Lost 4 = Points 46

Leeds Won 16 Drew 5 Lost 1 Points 53

Saints if they win tomorrow night

Won 15, drew 3 Lost 4 Points 48

Not a great deal in it.

On Saturday we had almost 4,000 fans in the Northam with under 2,000 in the away section, guess what part made the most noise in a like for like battle.

It is not about where supporters are in the ground it is what noise they make individually and collectively.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Stadium Update Meeting on 16:09 - Apr 15 with 1723 viewscocklebreath

Exactly and the yoof don’t seem to sing anymore, they like to chat about love island

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Stadium Update Meeting on 17:00 - Apr 15 with 1677 viewsgrumpy

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:51 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Interesting home data

Ipswich Won 15, drew 6 Lost 1 = Points 51

Leicester Won 15 Drew 1 Lost 4 = Points 46

Leeds Won 16 Drew 5 Lost 1 Points 53

Saints if they win tomorrow night

Won 15, drew 3 Lost 4 Points 48

Not a great deal in it.

On Saturday we had almost 4,000 fans in the Northam with under 2,000 in the away section, guess what part made the most noise in a like for like battle.

It is not about where supporters are in the ground it is what noise they make individually and collectively.

So come big games your happy for our most vocal fans to be in corners of their own ground?
[Post edited 15 Apr 17:32]
Stadium Update Meeting on 18:30 - Apr 15 with 1625 viewsUTS1885

One of the things not on the list is home fans not being able to buy STs in adjacent blocks to away fans. That might be permanent or when other areas are near capacity.
Stadium Update Meeting on 19:16 - Apr 15 with 1565 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 18:30 - Apr 15 by UTS1885

One of the things not on the list is home fans not being able to buy STs in adjacent blocks to away fans. That might be permanent or when other areas are near capacity.

Not heard that one!
Stadium Update Meeting on 08:58 - Apr 16 with 1434 viewsBLEEDRED

Just remembered something else that was said at the meeting

The clue intend to bring ex players back into the fold, he was meeting Glen Cockrell before the game
Stadium Update Meeting on 10:58 - Apr 16 with 1398 viewsarfurdent

Stadium Update Meeting on 08:58 - Apr 16 by BLEEDRED

The clue intend to bring ex players back into the fold, he was meeting Glen Cockrell before the game

would he be fit enough for the Championship?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Stadium Update Meeting on 12:26 - Apr 16 with 1360 viewsfranniesTache

Stadium Update Meeting on 10:58 - Apr 16 by arfurdent

would he be fit enough for the Championship?

can't be any worse than mara, at least he knows where the net is
Login to get fewer ads

Stadium Update Meeting on 14:19 - Apr 16 with 1295 viewsUTS1885

No mention of the Chris Nicholl snub ?
Stadium Update Meeting on 14:47 - Apr 16 with 1278 viewsUTS1885

Stadium Update Meeting on 08:58 - Apr 16 by BLEEDRED

The link being Woking FC ? Has mr Parsons mentioned anything about him playing football ?
Stadium Update Meeting on 15:13 - Apr 16 with 1256 viewsPatfromPoole

Out of interest, and I should add I had absolutely zilch interest in attending this, how did the Club decide who could attend this?

The e-mail sent out by the Club mentioned the word “select” which had me sceptical to put it mildly.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Stadium Update Meeting on 16:14 - Apr 16 with 1204 viewsfranniesTache

Stadium Update Meeting on 15:13 - Apr 16 by PatfromPoole

Out of interest, and I should add I had absolutely zilch interest in attending this, how did the Club decide who could attend this?

The e-mail sent out by the Club mentioned the word “select” which had me sceptical to put it mildly.

They checked people's social media to see who agreed with the idea, then invited those people so they could say they'd consulted the fans and everyone agreed it was a great idea.

WE PRAVDA ON!
Stadium Update Meeting on 17:03 - Apr 16 with 1170 viewssaint901

Stadium Update Meeting on 22:19 - Apr 13 by BLEEDRED

Yes, all signed off and approved by the police/authorities .
The Industrial estate will become the parking for the away coaches.
Still unclear if it will be closed off to home fans.
There is a little bit of work to do to build barriers at the Chapel end.

I'm guessing that a third of home fans arrive via the industrial estate and if that is going to be away fans, its means a long detour?

WHy is the club making life difficult for its own fans?
Stadium Update Meeting on 23:16 - Apr 16 with 1078 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 15:13 - Apr 16 by PatfromPoole

They picked a few from Blocks 2& 3 and some from the Northam, not that many less than 50.
I think the idea was to persuade those in Blocks 2& 3 to move to Safe Standing, then the club will turn the Itchen North into Premier Seating (with price rise!!) Definitely no standing.
Stadium Update Meeting on 11:06 - Apr 17 with 960 viewsPatfromPoole

Stadium Update Meeting on 23:16 - Apr 16 by BLEEDRED

They picked a few from Blocks 2& 3 and some from the Northam, not that many less than 50.
I think the idea was to persuade those in Blocks 2& 3 to move to Safe Standing, then the club will turn the Itchen North into Premier Seating (with price rise!!) Definitely no standing.

"Premier Seating" you say?

Padded seats, waitress service, that kind of thing, yes?

Stadium Update Meeting on 11:52 - Apr 17 with 916 viewsfranniesTache

it's going to be next level sh*t, the away fans will be hurling abuse at people in the chapel who don't want to be next to them. They'll also think our home support is sh*t because the acoustics mean the BANTA wall noise won't travel to the away end.

The BANTA wall itself will be full of muppets singing about the skates for 90mins and we'll probably end up with god awful fancy dress ultras, prices will go up elsewhere to pay for the mouth breather section and piss off long standing fans and everyone will want it changed again by about the middle of next season.

Still trowbridge moses will be happy i'm sure
Stadium Update Meeting on 11:59 - Apr 17 with 907 viewsarfurdent

Stadium Update Meeting on 11:52 - Apr 17 by franniesTache

it's going to be next level sh*t, the away fans will be hurling abuse at people in the chapel who don't want to be next to them. They'll also think our home support is sh*t because the acoustics mean the BANTA wall noise won't travel to the away end.

The BANTA wall itself will be full of muppets singing about the skates for 90mins and we'll probably end up with god awful fancy dress ultras, prices will go up elsewhere to pay for the mouth breather section and piss off long standing fans and everyone will want it changed again by about the middle of next season.

Still trowbridge moses will be happy i'm sure

sad but so true

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Stadium Update Meeting on 12:20 - Apr 17 with 895 viewsfranniesTache

Stadium Update Meeting on 11:59 - Apr 17 by arfurdent

sad but so true

If Phill Potts had had half a brain he'd have actually learned a bit about the culture of the clubs and fans before making this move, instead it's a vanity project that will make it worse.

The sad thing is the club were actually looking at the right solution before he joined, which was to have safe standing from the itchen north to kingsland north and keep the away fans where they are.
Stadium Update Meeting on 15:47 - Apr 17 with 826 viewsBLEEDRED

Stadium Update Meeting on 11:06 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

"Premier Seating" you say?

Padded seats, waitress service, that kind of thing, yes?

Maybe not next season, but I get the impression that the club would like to turn the Itchen into hospitality only to cater for our increasing middle class fans who clap quietly!!
Stadium Update Meeting on 09:09 - Apr 18 with 718 viewsManhattan_Lynx

I trust they will provide away fans with binoculars so they can still see the Northam 'oil, you, outside' and onanism gesticulations. Loudspeakers will also be needed on Northam seats to amplify the bodyweight verdicts delivered on visiting goalkeepers taking goal kicks.
Stadium Update Meeting on 11:30 - Apr 18 with 670 viewsdirk_doone

Great news. A proper home end at last, with the away fans tucked away in a corner. The ideal setup.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/2024-25-season-ticket-and-stadium-

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stadium Update Meeting on 12:36 - Apr 18 with 638 viewsgrumpy

Stadium Update Meeting on 11:30 - Apr 18 by dirk_doone

Great news. A proper home end at last, with the away fans tucked away in a corner. The ideal setup.

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/2024-25-season-ticket-and-stadium-

Brilliant.At last CORS😀
Stadium Update Meeting on 13:28 - Apr 18 with 602 viewsBridders2

Stadium Update Meeting on 12:36 - Apr 18 by grumpy

Brilliant.At last CORS😀

Good news. You can't go to sleep if you're standing, so will attract younger fans who want to make some noise.And the the away fans in the darkest, dingiest corner of the ground, where even the TV cameras can't see them!
Stadium Update Meeting on 13:44 - Apr 18 with 580 viewsPatfromPoole

Stadium Update Meeting on 13:28 - Apr 18 by Bridders2

Good news. You can't go to sleep if you're standing, so will attract younger fans who want to make some noise.And the the away fans in the darkest, dingiest corner of the ground, where even the TV cameras can't see them!

I am not convinced that younger fans do want to make noise.

Well, some do. But mainly in the concourse it seems.

There is of course the option to sit on the seats within the safe standing areas, so sleep is still an option.

Besides which, I have been known to sleep while standing. It's quite the acquired skill......

Stadium Update Meeting on 13:48 - Apr 18 with 575 viewsPatfromPoole

Stadium Update Meeting on 13:28 - Apr 18 by Bridders2

As a further point, I also think that quite a lot of our younger fans are relatively affluent.

A lot of them still live with parents and have quite a bit of disposable income.

You can tell just by looking at them that they wouldn't have the sense to know how to look after themselves if they had to.

It's those in their 30's and upwards who have moved out of their parents' homes who are struggling financially.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024