Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea suing our Russ! 12:43 - Apr 15 with 770 viewskingslandstand1

Aparaently for breach of contract according to T/Sport this morning. Simin Jordan on his high horse about it as usual as in "so what, a contract is a contact!", and he's probably right, but wonder what did happen as it was quite quick appointment.

Did SR go about it the right way, then if so, what was in RM's contract that he didn't lt on?
Swansea suing our Russ! on 12:54 - Apr 15 with 729 viewsIfonly

Just to help resolve this issue, I think we should offer that he goes back and serves out his contract at Swansea.
Swansea suing our Russ! on 13:10 - Apr 15 with 711 viewsPatfromPoole

If memory serves, we delayed announcing him as our manager until after the EFL Annual General Meeting at the end of June (or Prem, I forget which...), at which point our relegation was officially confirmed.

This meant that we would not have to pay so much in compo to Swansea as we were not a Prem club at the time of him officially joining us.

I think this meant us paying £400k as opposed to £800k if we were still in the Prem.

This obviously stank to Swansea, as we had clearly tapped Brighton Buddha up a long time before this, as it was well-known he was coming to us.

Swansea therefore have had a big grudge against us and Brighton Buddha, and wouldn't sell any of their players to us. Manning's contract had expired there.

TBF I don't blame Swansea at all. We were penny-pinching to save £400k and we had clearly tapped Brighton Buddha up.

I am just surprised we weren't charged by the League for doing this.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Swansea suing our Russ! on 13:14 - Apr 15 with 699 viewskingslandstand1

Swansea suing our Russ! on 13:10 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

If memory serves, we delayed announcing him as our manager until after the EFL Annual General Meeting at the end of June (or Prem, I forget which...), at which point our relegation was officially confirmed.

This meant that we would not have to pay so much in compo to Swansea as we were not a Prem club at the time of him officially joining us.

I think this meant us paying £400k as opposed to £800k if we were still in the Prem.

This obviously stank to Swansea, as we had clearly tapped Brighton Buddha up a long time before this, as it was well-known he was coming to us.

Swansea therefore have had a big grudge against us and Brighton Buddha, and wouldn't sell any of their players to us. Manning's contract had expired there.

TBF I don't blame Swansea at all. We were penny-pinching to save £400k and we had clearly tapped Brighton Buddha up.

I am just surprised we weren't charged by the League for doing this.

I think you're right re awaiting the relegation confirmation, but surely tapping up is the law of the land now if done properly, but who did the tapping up and why sue RM, and not SFC unless he approached us whil under contract to the Swans?
Swansea suing our Russ! on 14:59 - Apr 15 with 641 viewsSaintNick

Swansea suing our Russ! on 13:14 - Apr 15 by kingslandstand1

I think you're right re awaiting the relegation confirmation, but surely tapping up is the law of the land now if done properly, but who did the tapping up and why sue RM, and not SFC unless he approached us whil under contract to the Swans?

Managers contracts are different from fans contracts, a manger can resign from his contract with a notice period, a player can't

The issue is that Swansea released him but having lost bargaining power arent happy that they are not getting the agreed compensation they thought, so they are sueing

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Swansea suing our Russ! on 18:35 - Apr 15 with 525 viewsUTS1885

Swansea suing our Russ! on 14:59 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Managers contracts are different from fans contracts, a manger can resign from his contract with a notice period, a player can't

The issue is that Swansea released him but having lost bargaining power arent happy that they are not getting the agreed compensation they thought, so they are sueing

This has been going on all season according to Martin and he was surprised it only made the media last week. He said it’s the owners of the club that are behind it.
Swansea suing our Russ! on 19:22 - Apr 15 with 482 viewsBLEEDRED

All seems a bit silly over the very small amount (less than £1 million) Swansea will have spent more on Lawyers fees!!!
[Post edited 15 Apr 20:58]
Swansea suing our Russ! on 20:32 - Apr 15 with 438 viewssaintsfanbrock

Swansea suing our Russ! on 13:14 - Apr 15 by kingslandstand1

Breach of contract you sue the person that breached the contract, saints weren’t party to the contract so they couldn’t sue saints. Tapping up regulations aren’t the same as managers and players as managers can give notice.
Swansea suing our Russ! on 00:32 - Apr 16 with 309 viewsChesham_Saint

Swansea suing our Russ! on 12:54 - Apr 15 by Ifonly

Just to help resolve this issue, I think we should offer that he goes back and serves out his contract at Swansea.

Love it. Back up the M4 you go Rylan..!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024