Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This bloke ! 19:32 - Apr 18 with 1553 viewsKeithHaynes

Pays his taxes to the country of his employment, hasn’t got any memory of the struggle in Ireland but still craves the limelight. A rebel without a cause ? Or just a lost soul ? Being interviewed by a man whose father was an IRA recruit. Any sympathy for someone who celebrates the death of Welsh soldiers ? Happy to discuss as adults.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68829125

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

This bloke ! on 20:28 - Apr 18 with 1465 viewsReslovenSwan1

I gave some sympathy with the history of RoI and I am glad they are independent and doing well. If the north joins them it will be their decision. English and Welsh people signalled they did not give a damn about them by voting for Brexit.

As a footballer he represents RoI and it is bad karma to bad mouth the nation you are playing in and doing financially very nicely.

Kurdish players in Turkiye would never talk like this and would be jailed or possibly eliminated. They never do proves the point.

Fans time and time again ask players not to bring their politics in the the EPL and EFL. Fans do not like it.

I have no problem at all with not wearing a poppy but bad mouthing the state while representing the club is poor form. He was representing Wrexham FC. Players should do political stuff in their own time not when representing the club. BLM support was clearly a mistake adopted without due diligence.
[Post edited 18 Apr 20:30]

Wise sage since Toshack era

This bloke ! on 20:30 - Apr 18 with 1465 viewsunion_jack

He should be given serious sh1t at every game he plays. Piece of detritus!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

This bloke ! on 21:00 - Apr 18 with 1426 viewsFlashberryjack

I suppose to some he's a hero, to others he an absolute flamboyant rose bush of a man.

I'm with the others.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

This bloke ! on 21:26 - Apr 18 with 1384 viewsDr_Winston

He's entitled to his beliefs. He seems to take great pleasure in how those beliefs rile others up.

Personally I couldn't imagine hating a country so much yet being happy to profit by being employed there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This bloke ! on 23:14 - Apr 18 with 1274 viewsReslovenSwan1

This bloke ! on 21:26 - Apr 18 by Dr_Winston

He's entitled to his beliefs. He seems to take great pleasure in how those beliefs rile others up.

Personally I couldn't imagine hating a country so much yet being happy to profit by being employed there.

People point out he is actually a British citizen who chose to turn out for the Republic. He is therefore the same as the Wrexham fans egging him on as a British anti monarchy activist.

My beef is he was doing it in a Wrexham shirt so has no right to take a political position on behalf of the club. Similarly the club had no right to force their political views on him and force him to wear a poppy on his shirt. It is a two way street of mutual respect.

The shirt is deemed to have "values" attached to it and Wrexham republicans hijacked it.

The Swansea shirt was hijacked by the clubs weak management (Birch) when they bought into the values of BLM without considering what those values were. They reversed out backwards from this mid season and carried on with the charade as cover by repackaging it.

This bloke ! on 07:27 - Apr 19 with 1181 viewsYrAlarch

Whilst, like the rest of us, he is entitled to his opinions, I believe the best thing to do is to simply ignore him.
Similar thing with 'Clueless' at the Stadium last week. It would have been better to have ignored him rather than allowing him to wind us up.
Don't give these people the oxygen of attention.
This bloke ! on 09:29 - Apr 19 with 1098 viewsTreforys_Jack

This bloke ! on 07:27 - Apr 19 by YrAlarch

Whilst, like the rest of us, he is entitled to his opinions, I believe the best thing to do is to simply ignore him.
Similar thing with 'Clueless' at the Stadium last week. It would have been better to have ignored him rather than allowing him to wind us up.
Don't give these people the oxygen of attention.

Is obviously the correct answer. Especially your last sentence.
[Post edited 19 Apr 12:13]
This bloke ! on 10:12 - Apr 19 with 1050 viewsonehunglow

When I see him,I think of dismembered bodies and children blown apart by his heroes as they crawl away after planting a device
Entitled to his opinions?
Are child killers ?
Winston,again is bang on the money here with his comments

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

This bloke ! on 17:18 - Apr 19 with 819 viewsReslovenSwan1

This bloke ! on 10:12 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

When I see him,I think of dismembered bodies and children blown apart by his heroes as they crawl away after planting a device
Entitled to his opinions?
Are child killers ?
Winston,again is bang on the money here with his comments

I saw a thing on Youtube. It was about places in the world the UK had at some point attacked.

The editors of the podcast found it simpler to identify the country that UK had NEVER attacked like like Ecuador and Tajikistan. There were a handful the UK military had not touched. Only 22 countries never to feel the end of a UK bayonet. I am surprised we never had a crack art Sweden.

You will love this OHL . The reference to 'gay' in this song is in the meaning of jolly. I posted on one youtube spat to a Russian h who called us 'gay ####' that Uk promotes Elton John and turns up with Tyson Fury. The list is so short there was not enough time for the whole song.

[Post edited 19 Apr 17:30]

This bloke ! on 17:34 - Apr 19 with 794 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This bloke ! on 17:18 - Apr 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I saw a thing on Youtube. It was about places in the world the UK had at some point attacked.

The editors of the podcast found it simpler to identify the country that UK had NEVER attacked like like Ecuador and Tajikistan. There were a handful the UK military had not touched. Only 22 countries never to feel the end of a UK bayonet. I am surprised we never had a crack art Sweden.

You will love this OHL . The reference to 'gay' in this song is in the meaning of jolly. I posted on one youtube spat to a Russian h who called us 'gay ####' that Uk promotes Elton John and turns up with Tyson Fury. The list is so short there was not enough time for the whole song.

[Post edited 19 Apr 17:30]

In a world where the only choice is to kick or be kicked would you rather be the kicker or the kick-ee? Pretty much every people’s every nation on this planet have been colonialists or had empires at some point. We were just much better than it than everyone else.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

This bloke ! on 18:24 - Apr 19 with 739 viewsReslovenSwan1

This bloke ! on 17:34 - Apr 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

In a world where the only choice is to kick or be kicked would you rather be the kicker or the kick-ee? Pretty much every people’s every nation on this planet have been colonialists or had empires at some point. We were just much better than it than everyone else.

Yes indeed we were very unpleasant indeed. I used to work in Turkiye and they are brainwashed.

They never did anyone any harm despite being the second biggest empire in Europe for 400 years.

They call me an Imperialist. I accept the criticism and tell them they were too. They do not accept this as the Ottomans were not really Turkish did not harm the Armenians and were nice kind people overall. I pointed out to them they did not abolish slavery until 1922 over 100 years after the British.

This bloke ! on 19:45 - Apr 19 with 693 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

This bloke ! on 18:24 - Apr 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Yes indeed we were very unpleasant indeed. I used to work in Turkiye and they are brainwashed.

They never did anyone any harm despite being the second biggest empire in Europe for 400 years.

They call me an Imperialist. I accept the criticism and tell them they were too. They do not accept this as the Ottomans were not really Turkish did not harm the Armenians and were nice kind people overall. I pointed out to them they did not abolish slavery until 1922 over 100 years after the British.

I think with all expansionism and colonising there is expected to be a modicum of violence and atrocities but I think any independently minded historian would also agree that some empires were much ‘better’ than others. I mean when you look at the sheer hideous brutality of the mongol, nazi or soviet empires they are beyond the pale. Whereas empires such as the British, Roman or ottomans despite the conquests and subjugation were renowned for being beacons of stability, innovation, culture, science and arts.

It’s no coincidence that many ex British empire territories are free thinking, wealthy, liberal, successful nations. Would you rather live in Hong Kong or mainland China? USA or Mexico? Australia or the Philippines?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

This bloke ! on 20:02 - Apr 19 with 674 viewspencoedjack

I think the majority of decent people who live in the UK think he’s a tosser.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11334234/james-mcclean-joke-ira-school-lesson/

His kids will probably continue with his hatred of the country that’s made him a wealthy man.
This bloke ! on 21:17 - Apr 19 with 620 viewsPlankton

No politics in football. Ever.
This bloke ! on 10:33 - Apr 20 with 501 viewsSullutaCreturned

That's a very good post. How can the Ottomans not be Turkish when their founding father, Kemal Ataturk, was Ottoman.

At least most of us British accept that our colonial past contains plenty of disgrace
This bloke ! on 12:10 - Apr 20 with 476 viewsdobjack2

I think the subject is a difficult one. He is from Derry and it is clear that events from 1972 are still an open sore for some parts of the community there. None of us can know how we would react if we came from that background.

I would just hope that I could act a lot more maturely than he does if I was in his shoes.
This bloke ! on 19:35 - Apr 20 with 394 viewsDJack

This bloke ! on 19:45 - Apr 19 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I think with all expansionism and colonising there is expected to be a modicum of violence and atrocities but I think any independently minded historian would also agree that some empires were much ‘better’ than others. I mean when you look at the sheer hideous brutality of the mongol, nazi or soviet empires they are beyond the pale. Whereas empires such as the British, Roman or ottomans despite the conquests and subjugation were renowned for being beacons of stability, innovation, culture, science and arts.

It’s no coincidence that many ex British empire territories are free thinking, wealthy, liberal, successful nations. Would you rather live in Hong Kong or mainland China? USA or Mexico? Australia or the Philippines?

The Russian/Soviet empire was their latter day continuence of the brutal 150 years of Mongol rule of Moscow and the other Rus principalities.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

This bloke ! on 23:24 - Apr 20 with 339 viewsReslovenSwan1

This bloke ! on 10:33 - Apr 20 by SullutaCreturned

That's a very good post. How can the Ottomans not be Turkish when their founding father, Kemal Ataturk, was Ottoman.

At least most of us British accept that our colonial past contains plenty of disgrace

Atakturk came directly after the Ottomans. He and his fighters picked up the pieces after the collapse of the empire in 1922. The Ottomans had an empire going back into the 1600s.

Turks like to whitewash their imperialist history disowning the Ottomans. This allows them to slag off UK and USA. Like the Russians and some Brits they see their particular Empires and kind and caring.

This bloke ! on 07:20 - Apr 21 with 284 viewsjackal

He hates this country and the people who call it home, yet he's lived here for many years and made lots of money.

If he had any real principles or decency he would have gone any where else to ply his trade.

Play abroad.

The word hypocrite springs to mind.
This bloke ! on 07:50 - Apr 21 with 266 viewsBoundy

This bloke ! on 20:02 - Apr 19 by pencoedjack

I think the majority of decent people who live in the UK think he’s a tosser.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11334234/james-mcclean-joke-ira-school-lesson/

His kids will probably continue with his hatred of the country that’s made him a wealthy man.

and I'm afraid there's just as many who support his ideology, maybe as passive bystanders but that's at this moment in time.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024