Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. 19:22 - Apr 20 with 8473 viewsSnipper

We were doomed when you turned up. I don’t know how you did it, but thank you.

I just hope and pray that he stays, and he builds his own team.

Onwards and upwards for next season.
[Post edited 20 Apr 20:04]
Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 22:22 - Apr 20 with 2122 viewsMrSheen

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 21:29 - Apr 20 by bosh67

Smyth was excellent when he came on. Great sub by Marti because Mellar was causing havoc and Smyth then doubled up on him and subdued that threat. Definitely keep Smyth.

Smyth’s a great option when we’re winning, pins the full back and gives him lots of space to race into. Doesn’t happen that often!
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:27 - Apr 20 with 2057 viewspaulparker

Kudos to Marti , what a job he has done , he has been very old school in his approach as he sets us up not to lose , get clean sheets and let’s see if we can nick one and to be honest this is a poor squad he has achieved it with
Very interested in next year and the team we may have and the tactics we use

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:36 - Apr 20 with 2022 viewsNorthantsHoop

Been a revelation after the slop that Ainsworth was delivering. Hopefully a bit more financial backing in the Summer window and a brighter future.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:45 - Apr 20 with 1983 viewsT_Block

Yes hard to overestimate his contribution
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:02 - Apr 20 with 1872 viewsAntti_Heinola

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 22:17 - Apr 20 by LazyFan

Willock is a Marti-type player; Chair is not.
Both will be gone anyway.

I mean, he adores Chair. What absolute rubbish.

Bare bones.

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 23:16 - Apr 20 with 1817 viewsLongsufferingR

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 20:01 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Outside of this club, i don’t think anyone realises quite the incredible effect he’s had. That was not a dead team walking, it was a dead team in a coffin, not bothering scratching in the hopes of getting out.
One of the all time great turnarounds assuming the job is completed!

Not sure that's true tbh. I've heard many discussions in the media about how he was the standout new manager appointed this season and the players would no doubt be raving about him to their mates at other clubs. People inside football would be fully aware of the magnitude of the job he's done.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:19 - Apr 20 with 1800 viewsMatch82

If my Maths is right, in the 30 games since Marti took over, we have conceded just 31 goals. When you consider how hot and cold Begovic has been that's utterly remarkable.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 1789 viewsted_hendrix

As far as I'm concerned Señor Cifuentes can have a week off from about 3.00pm on Saturday 4th May 2024 returning to work on Saturday 11th May 2024 In good time to set about Installing a team/squad of players who can tackle--pass the ball In the general direction of a teammate--run faster than Billy Bunter--speak Spanish==speak Jive--do their own boot laces up properly--learn the offside rule--learn to play and study the xylophone--be proficient In heading the ball--stop eating cheese--learn the Haka to an acceptable standard.

I fully expect that under Señor Cifuentes guidance this fine club of ours can make a significant challenge towards the Holy Grail that Is somewhere between 8th and 10th In the championship.

To quote the great Frank/Francis Drake; (and I agree with him)

**There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.**

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:28 - Apr 20 with 1717 viewsterryb

I doubt that any of us on this board thought that we could reach 50 points when Marti took over. This has been an incredible achievment!

Probably most of you felt differently, but the only time I was concerned that Preston would score today was when Begovic made his very important save in the first half.

Cook, Clarke-Salter, Field & Colback were immense.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:31 - Apr 20 with 1686 viewsMrSheen

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:28 - Apr 20 by terryb

I doubt that any of us on this board thought that we could reach 50 points when Marti took over. This has been an incredible achievment!

Probably most of you felt differently, but the only time I was concerned that Preston would score today was when Begovic made his very important save in the first half.

Cook, Clarke-Salter, Field & Colback were immense.

Jimmy dug us out at the end too.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:43 - Apr 20 with 1636 viewsterryb

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:31 - Apr 20 by MrSheen

Jimmy dug us out at the end too.

He did indeed!

It was a great challenge he made when the Preston player looked as if he might be free & approaching Begovic.
Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 23:53 - Apr 20 with 1581 viewsstainrods_elbow

Thank you Marti Cifuenes. on 22:22 - Apr 20 by MrSheen

Smyth’s a great option when we’re winning, pins the full back and gives him lots of space to race into. Doesn’t happen that often!

Just a shame he can't cross consistently or hit the target.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 00:45 - Apr 21 with 1510 viewsSydneyRs

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:19 - Apr 20 by Match82

If my Maths is right, in the 30 games since Marti took over, we have conceded just 31 goals. When you consider how hot and cold Begovic has been that's utterly remarkable.

And 3 of those were in one game last week. Keeping this team up after what he inherited is a monumental achievement.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 00:52 - Apr 21 with 1489 viewsgolborne

He’ll tell you that it’s much easier with good players, and he had that here when he arrived and has added a bit of depth. He’s repeatedly said we have really good players.

We’re a goal scorer away from top 6. That one player makes everything change. Chair delivers earlier knowing the movement is there etc.

Willock looks a different player with purpose, and I really hope that he can be convinced to stay.
If so, I have the hope of 2 years ago.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 01:11 - Apr 21 with 1451 viewsitsbiga

Let’s get Szmodics in next season and make the playoffs.
[Post edited 21 Apr 1:11]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 02:08 - Apr 21 with 1369 viewssilky

Club should be carving out the Saint Marti Statue made of the finest Italian marble for the job he's done.

Best signing the club made this season.

Utterly love the fact he's so so grounded in wins or defeats keeps the whole camp calm!

The Spanish Wizard!

Not enjoyed a manager this much since Warbs.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 02:25 - Apr 21 with 1338 viewsPunteR

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 02:08 - Apr 21 by silky

Club should be carving out the Saint Marti Statue made of the finest Italian marble for the job he's done.

Best signing the club made this season.

Utterly love the fact he's so so grounded in wins or defeats keeps the whole camp calm!

The Spanish Wizard!

Not enjoyed a manager this much since Warbs.

He's the real deal.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 06:01 - Apr 21 with 1170 viewsitsbiga

When you look at his background it’s kind of weird he’s doing so good.
Did a year each at a few Scandinavian Clubs.
Saved our bacon for sure.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 06:34 - Apr 21 with 1118 viewsSherryHoop

Marti just seems like a good fit for us. It's early days and what he's achieved should be commended. I feel like he has learnt a lot about the Championship in a short amount of time.

But I would love him to stay for 4-5 years and really build a team in his Image. He is humble AND ambitious. He has that Catalan philosophy of offensive football, quality in possession, ruthless desire to win always.

He brings the fans along with him and has got Loftus Road full and bouncing when it could have been half empty.

I just feel like there is the potential for him to go on to be a real QPR legend and build a legacy. I hope he sees it that way, he enjoys living in the capital with easy connections to Barcelona. I would love it if he had some real success with us that then got him his dream job. Actually I'd love to know what that job would be......perhaps success at a Prem team and then the top joh at Barcelona.....
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 06:43 - Apr 21 with 1075 viewssilky

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 06:34 - Apr 21 by SherryHoop

Marti just seems like a good fit for us. It's early days and what he's achieved should be commended. I feel like he has learnt a lot about the Championship in a short amount of time.

But I would love him to stay for 4-5 years and really build a team in his Image. He is humble AND ambitious. He has that Catalan philosophy of offensive football, quality in possession, ruthless desire to win always.

He brings the fans along with him and has got Loftus Road full and bouncing when it could have been half empty.

I just feel like there is the potential for him to go on to be a real QPR legend and build a legacy. I hope he sees it that way, he enjoys living in the capital with easy connections to Barcelona. I would love it if he had some real success with us that then got him his dream job. Actually I'd love to know what that job would be......perhaps success at a Prem team and then the top joh at Barcelona.....

Venables MKII

Straight from us to Barca!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 07:37 - Apr 21 with 981 viewsqprd

We had 8 points thru 14 under Ainsworth. If we extrapolate that points per game over a 46 match season, we’d end on ~27 points

Marti has gotten us 42 points in 30 fixtures. If we extrapolate that points per game over a 46 match season, we’d end on 64 points which would probably get us 10th or so
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 07:56 - Apr 21 with 929 viewsSharpediver

Staying down the South Coast. Was Scuba Diving yesterday on a wreck just off the Isle of Wight. Was cold but thrilling. Watched the game on my laptop back at the hotel. Proper QPR performance 👏 👌When the ref finally blew his sodding whistle you could see the delight in Marti's eyes. What an achievement to get this lot over the line. As good as winning promotion.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 09:09 - Apr 21 with 819 viewslightwaterhoop

My main worry with Marti is a Spanish club coming in for him.
Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 10:45 - Apr 21 with 710 viewsderbyhoop

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 23:19 - Apr 20 by Match82

On a similar theme, we've picked up 42 points from 30 games. Extrapolating over a full season, that would be enough for mid table. Considering his teams, of necessity, include 1 of the worst keepers in the league and a forward line that rarely functions.
It will be interesting to see what he can do with a Summer transfer window and a full season. Against that is 11 1st team.players out of contract, 2 more (JCS & Chair) that may well be sold. Its going to be a challenge

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 10:52 - Apr 21 with 689 viewsQPR_Jim

Thank you Marti Cifuentes. on 21:54 - Apr 20 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Put money on Willock and Chair being shipped out in May. You can already see neither are suited to his style of play, and I think we'll be better without them.

The reality is that if we can get money for Chair, we probably should take it all things considered. The whole court case thing may prevent us from getting offers though. Willock will be a free transfer and probably get a lot more money elsewhere, so imagine he's definitely gone.

They're both amongst our best players but there are other options out there and with Marti involved I'd be optimistic that he can find decent replacements if either ends up leaving.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024