Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play offs 14:45 - Apr 21 with 978 viewskingslandstand1

So who do we want, Norwich or Baggies? We're almost certainly gonna get 4th spot now after yesterday's catastrophe, which it was, so we will at east have the advantage of home leg 2nd but who to play?

We've done the double over West Brom, and aggregate 5-5 with Norwich (1-4, 4-1!) who may be on a slightly better run right now? Both will bring their full allocation down but not a lot between them? Both are yo-yo clubs whereas we've only had the one play off though not sure if that makes a difference. But if I had to choose, think I'd rather play Canaries just on gut feeling that West Brom are a bigger club (or are they??)
Play offs on 15:15 - Apr 21 with 926 viewsSouthamptonfan

Not much to choose from the two of them. I think I would probably opt for West Brom. We have beaten them twice. Norwich have had a huge upturn in the second half of the season Things are bright and cheery there and they have become a very decent side. The Norwich manager has won promotion before from this league and has experience. I remember playing Norwich at St Mary's 4 all. It could be chaos if we played them, and that wouldn't suit our slow, shaky defence. They have nothing to lose, have got into the play offs late on, and I think they could be tricky.
[Post edited 21 Apr 15:17]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Play offs on 15:23 - Apr 21 with 912 viewssaintmark1976

With Russell Martin in charge it really doesn’t matter who we play in the playoffs.

Having lost in the F A Cup against Liverpool Schoolboys and Cardiff Juveniles in the Championship he will manage to find a way to engineer a defeat over two legs should either Norwich or West Brom decide to play without a goal keeper.
Play offs on 15:23 - Apr 21 with 908 viewsCenturion

If we play Norwich in the semi finals I would go as far to say they were favourites.
Play offs on 16:03 - Apr 21 with 837 viewsTripleNiemi

If we’re good enough we shouldn’t fear neither. If we’re not then we don’t deserve to go up.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Play offs on 16:12 - Apr 21 with 817 viewskingslandstand1

Play offs on 16:03 - Apr 21 by TripleNiemi

If we’re good enough we shouldn’t fear neither. If we’re not then we don’t deserve to go up.

Not sure I believe we do deserve to go up tbh based on 90 minute performances and worry if we do what will happen

We've had lots of good performances and the first 50 minutes or so yesterday is included, but how many games can we say that for - probably the majority and then we get lucky against cr@p opposition or just don't kill a game off which is probably our biggest error

But hell, we've got that chance so let's go for it and see what happens! Like most on here I'm sure we'll still go to each game next season and still have the same negative views
Play offs on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 780 viewsBLEEDRED

Doesn't matter,
Should the club rest a few of the team for the last 3 games i.e. AA Che KP and try a few fringe players i.e. Dibling, Lawrence, Amo-Ameyaw
Play offs on 17:41 - Apr 21 with 718 views1teeminants

Play offs on 15:23 - Apr 21 by Centurion

If we play Norwich in the semi finals I would go as far to say they were favourites.

Please explain why you would say that a team maybe 15 points or thereabouts behind us come the end of the season would be the favourites ?
[Post edited 21 Apr 17:49]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Play offs on 18:36 - Apr 21 with 662 viewskingslandstand1

Play offs on 16:36 - Apr 21 by BLEEDRED

Doesn't matter,
Should the club rest a few of the team for the last 3 games i.e. AA Che KP and try a few fringe players i.e. Dibling, Lawrence, Amo-Ameyaw

Not a bad thought to maybe give the "regulars" a kick up the arris
Login to get fewer ads

Play offs on 19:08 - Apr 21 with 610 viewsBLEEDRED

Even more controversially, should we lose deliberately gainst Leicester and Leeds so they fill the top 2 places, and we don't have to face them in the play-off final !!!
Play offs on 19:51 - Apr 21 with 552 viewskingslandstand1

Play offs on 19:08 - Apr 21 by BLEEDRED

Even more controversially, should we lose deliberately gainst Leicester and Leeds so they fill the top 2 places, and we don't have to face them in the play-off final !!!

Don't think deliberately will come in to it if we have to play the full 90 minutes

But you never know - there have been few 90minute plus winners (and losers ....... )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024