Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. 23:38 - Apr 21 with 1747 viewssaintmark1976

Last gasp Coventry goal disallowed because of offside in the build up.

V A R and the useful idiots who operate it ensuring that the what I suspect the F A and T V companies wanted they got, an all Manchester Cup Final.

Corruption or just bad luck ?
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 12:40 - Apr 23 with 238 viewsLondonSaint76

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 10:35 - Apr 23 by DorsetIan

"A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
second-last opponent or last two opponents"

The 'players' were level. In every football game on earth without VAR and for every competent official with a perfect view, they were level.

It has been happening since the beginning of VAR. Attacking players in a VAR game cannot get the benefit of this rule because VAR does not ask whether the players are level (as happens in every other game). It simply measures body parts. VAR changes the rule and the game - and definitely for the worse AND nobody ever asked for this !!

Very well said sir, totally agree.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 14:27 - Apr 23 with 213 viewsIfonly

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 12:35 - Apr 23 by LondonSaint76

You say Offside is offside, and it is one of the things that VAR CAN be relied to get right.

Really?

Presenting the case for the prosecution - this is the one we know about, how many more examples are there that we don't know about? I'd love to think this is a one-off but I very seriously doubt it, to be honest, I would not trust them as far as I could bench press an elephant...

The one thing you can rely on is goalline tech = no humans involved.

Except that you can't fully rely on goal line tech either. It's better than VAR tech but failures include:
- in France it missed a PSG goal and was switched off at half time
- Villa v Sheff U
- Huddersfield v Blackpool

Every system fails sometimes, that's the nature of the world. For systems that matter (i.e. not football) you have backups to the backups.
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 14:44 - Apr 23 with 199 viewsLondonSaint76

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 14:27 - Apr 23 by Ifonly

Except that you can't fully rely on goal line tech either. It's better than VAR tech but failures include:
- in France it missed a PSG goal and was switched off at half time
- Villa v Sheff U
- Huddersfield v Blackpool

Every system fails sometimes, that's the nature of the world. For systems that matter (i.e. not football) you have backups to the backups.

OK, fair enough, I didn’t know a about the PSG incident but now you mention it I do recall the Villa game. Perhaps I should re-phrase it and say when it makes a decision, goal line tech is more reliable than VAR as no human decision making is involved. If what you have flagged up is the sum total of its errors / failures then I think it is fair to say it is about as good as can be expected. Accept what you say, it is not absolutely perfect but pretty close.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 15:08 - Apr 23 with 185 viewsIfonly

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 14:44 - Apr 23 by LondonSaint76

OK, fair enough, I didn’t know a about the PSG incident but now you mention it I do recall the Villa game. Perhaps I should re-phrase it and say when it makes a decision, goal line tech is more reliable than VAR as no human decision making is involved. If what you have flagged up is the sum total of its errors / failures then I think it is fair to say it is about as good as can be expected. Accept what you say, it is not absolutely perfect but pretty close.

Yes I agree and I don't think there's anyone who doubts that it has been a big improvement on what happened before, whereas VAR is the opposite. For me, the VAR technology is good enough as well if it was just used in the right way (clear and obvious errors that take only seconds to see i.e. the major bloopers that happen rarely).
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 17:33 - Apr 23 with 145 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 12:35 - Apr 23 by LondonSaint76

You say Offside is offside, and it is one of the things that VAR CAN be relied to get right.

Really?

Presenting the case for the prosecution - this is the one we know about, how many more examples are there that we don't know about? I'd love to think this is a one-off but I very seriously doubt it, to be honest, I would not trust them as far as I could bench press an elephant...

The one thing you can rely on is goalline tech = no humans involved.

Wow! Not seen this before, this is shocking, outrageous and utterly indefensible. if this is even a partially representative example of what goes on then Stockley Park must be like a zoo on a match day. Just cannot believe our great game is in the hands of such a bunch of idiots as those on this clip illustrates that they are. VAR itself as a concept is fine, it’s the morons running it week by week that are the problem. As you say, this is the one we know about, God only knows what else has gone on in the name of VAR in recent seasons.

By the way, hats off to PGMOL for throwing the VAR muppets under the bus on that Liverpool ‘goal’ and to bring it back to the crux of the thread, I dare PGMOL to release the audio footage for the disallowed Coventry City goal.
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 17:53 - Apr 23 with 139 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 08:21 - Apr 23 by Berber

Offside is offside. The VAR check would have been made in any event no matter what clubs were involved. Nothing to do with the FA, PL, referees union or anything else. Offside is offside, and it is one of the things that VAR CAN be relied to get right. Everything else would be waffle or bias. Tough on Coventry though.

And level is level. When a fraction of a player’s boot is in front and way way in excess of 99% of the attacking player’s body is level, it’s level. Come on, if you need to send in the forensic analysts to draw laser lines, it’s level. This was never what VAR was designed for and is ruining our once great game. Clear and obvious error? Not in a million years so wind your neck in VAR and do the job you were implemented to do.
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 18:25 - Apr 23 with 115 viewsBerber

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 17:53 - Apr 23 by InTimeAddedOn

And level is level. When a fraction of a player’s boot is in front and way way in excess of 99% of the attacking player’s body is level, it’s level. Come on, if you need to send in the forensic analysts to draw laser lines, it’s level. This was never what VAR was designed for and is ruining our once great game. Clear and obvious error? Not in a million years so wind your neck in VAR and do the job you were implemented to do.

This just smacks of , “They deserved it so they should get it.” One of the early complaints about VARwas that it was too accurate and took too long to make a decision. Nobody is saying that the VAR official cannot make a mistake, and there have been cases where it was provable that they did. No such evidence has been presented in this case, other than “a boot is not the body” ( what cobblers), and most of his body was level. ( so what, some of it was offside). The emotive “toenail” was raised by a disappointed manager of the losing side. It did not take long by modern game standards. I thought Coventry were the better side by far, but they didn’t take their chances, and were unlucky at the end. That is the way it goes.
[Post edited 23 Apr 18:27]
Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 18:28 - Apr 23 with 112 viewsDorsetIan

Manchester United given a helping hand to the final, now there’s a surprise. on 17:53 - Apr 23 by InTimeAddedOn

It's worse than this.

As soon as you start drawing lines it's pretty much impossible for any two players to be 'level' (except in the almost impossible situation that their furthest forward body parts are exactly (to the centimetre) in line.

There is always going to be one of them that has some part slightly in front of the other other.

Whether two players, of different heights and sizes and with different sized feet are 'level' can only every be determined by the naked eye and with common sense.

VAR has changed the rules by effectivey removing the 'level is onside' rule.

And the irony is that that rule was deliberately introduced to make the game better - which is did - and this change has occured by accident becasue of the moronic design of the VAR offside system.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024