Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
61 goals conceded in the League this season 14:16 - Apr 24 with 1004 viewsPatfromPoole

Four more goals conceded from our last two games against Stoke and Leeds, and we will surpass the figure of 64 conceded by Swansea last season.

When we appointed Brighton Buddha, common consensus seemed to be that we would not concede as many goals as Swansea as we had better players.

I predict that if Brighton Buddha survives the summer, Colin Calderwood will be the sacrificial lamb.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 15:10 - Apr 24 with 923 viewsMattFinish

Interesting stat Pat

In RMs only full season at MK Dons in 46 games they scored 64 and conceded 62 so there seems to be a pattern

In fact if you look at the number of games he's been in charge of MK Dons, Swansea and Saints it gets even more interesting

While at MK Dons they conceded 86 goals in 65 games - average 1.32
Swansea conceded 132 goals conceded in 92 Games - average 1.43
Saints conceded 61 goals in 44 games - average 1.39

Our promotion rivals goals conceded per game this season are as follows:
Leicester - 0.88
Leeds - 0.84
Ipswich - 1.2
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 907 viewssaint22

I would say CC was doing what he was bought in to do and hence our unbeaten run
Then Wussell disrupts that with Jack and switching LB for RB etc and look what happens
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 15:52 - Apr 24 with 875 viewsfranniesTache

In "defence" of the Martin the last time we conceded less than 60 goals in a season was the 2017/18 season when we conceded 56.

That's probably a fairly strong argument that our ability to concede goals has more to do with something deeper rooted than just the manager.
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 868 viewsdirk_doone

Only 3 teams conceded more goals than Swansea last season and they were all relegated.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 16:00 - Apr 24 with 852 viewsPatfromPoole

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 15:52 - Apr 24 by franniesTache

In "defence" of the Martin the last time we conceded less than 60 goals in a season was the 2017/18 season when we conceded 56.

That's probably a fairly strong argument that our ability to concede goals has more to do with something deeper rooted than just the manager.

Those previous seasons were obviously in the Prem, so I think we have to concede that we were up against Salah, Aguero, Kane etc etc.

Bit different in this League, where Sczmodics and Sargent are the most prolific strikers.

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 18:19 - Apr 24 with 702 viewsfranniesTache

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 16:00 - Apr 24 by PatfromPoole

Those previous seasons were obviously in the Prem, so I think we have to concede that we were up against Salah, Aguero, Kane etc etc.

Bit different in this League, where Sczmodics and Sargent are the most prolific strikers.

Seems to be that the switch to this “red bull” style of football under Ralph coincided with us starting to ship 60+ goals a season.

Premier league or not it has to be more than just a coincidence that that happened.
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 684 viewsRon11

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 18:19 - Apr 24 by franniesTache

Seems to be that the switch to this “red bull” style of football under Ralph coincided with us starting to ship 60+ goals a season.

Premier league or not it has to be more than just a coincidence that that happened.

Statistic from last night:

Saints: Possession 67% Goals: 0
Leicester: Possession 33% Goals: 5

This is the result of the arrogant and stubborn regime imposed on the players. You could see they're not comfortable or happy with it. Heads go down, and then the whole thing is labelled 'pathetic' by Martin after the game, as well as flying in the face of what everybody else witnessed by saying that the first sixty minutes was 'good'. He must have been watching the Arsenal game.
The man's a dick, he needs to take a reality check before it's too late.
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 20:01 - Apr 24 with 622 viewsMattFinish

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 18:38 - Apr 24 by Ron11

Statistic from last night:

Saints: Possession 67% Goals: 0
Leicester: Possession 33% Goals: 5

This is the result of the arrogant and stubborn regime imposed on the players. You could see they're not comfortable or happy with it. Heads go down, and then the whole thing is labelled 'pathetic' by Martin after the game, as well as flying in the face of what everybody else witnessed by saying that the first sixty minutes was 'good'. He must have been watching the Arsenal game.
The man's a dick, he needs to take a reality check before it's too late.

Here’s another stat from last night. 67% possession, 0 shots on target
Login to get fewer ads

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 22:27 - Apr 24 with 540 views1ASIN12

I think there’s a very good chance we will let in 4 goals in our last 2 league games.

The problem has been this season isn’t scoring goals it’s conceding too many .

If we are to push for the playoffs next season we’ll need to address this .
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 11:53 - Apr 25 with 406 viewsdirk_doone

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 22:27 - Apr 24 by 1ASIN12

I think there’s a very good chance we will let in 4 goals in our last 2 league games.

The problem has been this season isn’t scoring goals it’s conceding too many .

If we are to push for the playoffs next season we’ll need to address this .

Then we'll need a new manager - Russell doesn't do defence- and new goalkeepers - Bazunu and McCarthy don't do saves.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 12:30 - Apr 25 with 369 viewsfranniesTache

Unpopular opinion i'm sure but i personally think Nathan Jones would've been a better manager for play offs than Russell Martin.

The one thing we seem to miss is a bit of bast*rd to the team, we're way too bloody "nice", and for knock out games like play offs, with high pressure you need players willing to "bend the rules" a bit and make it difficult for the opposition.

If you saw the Everton game last night they niggled the f*ck out of Liverpool, kicked them about and took their chances. That's what's desperately missing from our style of Chilworth football in my opinion
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 13:39 - Apr 25 with 330 viewsPatfromPoole

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 12:30 - Apr 25 by franniesTache

Unpopular opinion i'm sure but i personally think Nathan Jones would've been a better manager for play offs than Russell Martin.

The one thing we seem to miss is a bit of bast*rd to the team, we're way too bloody "nice", and for knock out games like play offs, with high pressure you need players willing to "bend the rules" a bit and make it difficult for the opposition.

If you saw the Everton game last night they niggled the f*ck out of Liverpool, kicked them about and took their chances. That's what's desperately missing from our style of Chilworth football in my opinion

Possibly.

Although there is VAR in the play-off final at Wembley, and that may negate some of the shithousery potential.

I think that could be Ipswich's undoing.

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 13:46 - Apr 25 with 321 viewsIfonly

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 12:30 - Apr 25 by franniesTache

I agree. Even the likes of Man City and Arsenal aren't beyond hacking players down when they are breaking away for example.

But it's not just shithousery. We need more physicality full stop. Everton won purely with physicality in a very Dyche like way. We don't necessarily want to play like that but we need a better balance than we have playing Rustyball. We just look piss weak.
61 goals conceded in the League this season on 13:47 - Apr 25 with 321 viewsfranniesTache

61 goals conceded in the League this season on 13:39 - Apr 25 by PatfromPoole

Possibly.

Although there is VAR in the play-off final at Wembley, and that may negate some of the shithousery potential.

I think that could be Ipswich's undoing.

I think if it ends up Ipswich Norwich then Norwich win, Ipswich's record against them is shocking.

I also think we'll lose to WBA because we're bang out of form and our confidence is shot.

My prediction is Norwich up via play offs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024