Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke Game Matchday Thread 07:43 - Apr 27 with 4073 viewsSaintNick

Off we go again, win this and beat Leeds and we could guarantee 3rd place if we over turn a 15 goal deficit.

In simple terms if we could turn over Stoke 7-0 then we would just need to win 4-0 at Elland Road.

Anyone putting any money on that, no me neither.

We just need to get that togetherness and fight that we used to have back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 08:53 - Apr 27 with 2528 viewssaint22

Damn squib
Wasted opportunity
Pointless last two games
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:29 - Apr 27 with 2507 viewscocklebreath

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 08:53 - Apr 27 by saint22

Damn squib
Wasted opportunity
Pointless last two games

Or going to watch your team play and enjoying it and looking forward to the excitement of play offs ?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Apr 27 with 2502 viewsdirk_doone

A win would be a morale booster. But, our games v Stoke are often dour 0-0 affairs, although with McCarthy in goal that's only going to happen again if Stoke don't get a shot on target.
Maybe Stoke won't bother today and we'll win 2-0, which will still require at least 20 attempts at goal from us or a couple of own goals.

To win 7-0 we'd require a world record breaking number of attempts at goals - 70+ - or, alternatively, a world record number of own goals and, of course, we'd still need Stoke not to have a single shot on target.
[Post edited 27 Apr 9:39]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:45 - Apr 27 with 2464 viewscocklebreath

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:33 - Apr 27 by dirk_doone

A win would be a morale booster. But, our games v Stoke are often dour 0-0 affairs, although with McCarthy in goal that's only going to happen again if Stoke don't get a shot on target.
Maybe Stoke won't bother today and we'll win 2-0, which will still require at least 20 attempts at goal from us or a couple of own goals.

To win 7-0 we'd require a world record breaking number of attempts at goals - 70+ - or, alternatively, a world record number of own goals and, of course, we'd still need Stoke not to have a single shot on target.
[Post edited 27 Apr 9:39]

My sons first ever match was the 0-1 v Stoke in Puels last game, mostly remembered for a make streaker running on from chapel end

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:46 - Apr 27 with 2463 views1ASIN12

It just goes to show its not scoring goals that's been our problem its letting them in.

We have scored 85 goals to Leeds 80 in one less game.

But.....

We have let in 61 to Leeds 41 in one less game.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:03 - Apr 27 with 2444 viewsWinchesterExile

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 09:46 - Apr 27 by 1ASIN12

It just goes to show its not scoring goals that's been our problem its letting them in.

But.....

And a big contributor to this statistic, which RM doesn’t seem fussed about, is tippy happy f*ucking around at the back football.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:17 - Apr 27 with 2425 viewsdirk_doone

But.....

Saints had the worst goalkeeper in the PL last season in Bazunu and Leeds had the 2nd worst, Meslier. Sticking with them has cost us both automatic promotion.

What we both really needed was to replace these youngsters with proven goalkeepers in their 30s. That doesn't include McCarthy, of course, who is just a proven failure.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:26 - Apr 27 with 2405 viewsdarthvader

Applause on 7 mins today please for a very young saints fan tragically taken too early

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Apr 27 with 2391 viewsTripleNiemi

Am predicting a goodun’ today, 72% possession. Trust The Process

#WeMarchOn
[Post edited 27 Apr 10:32]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:33 - Apr 27 with 2384 views1ASIN12

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:17 - Apr 27 by dirk_doone

Saints had the worst goalkeeper in the PL last season in Bazunu and Leeds had the 2nd worst, Meslier. Sticking with them has cost us both automatic promotion.

What we both really needed was to replace these youngsters with proven goalkeepers in their 30s. That doesn't include McCarthy, of course, who is just a proven failure.

Yeah I agree we needed a better keeper in the summer.

We will need a better keeper next season if we are to again mount a promotion challenge.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 11:04 - Apr 27 with 2348 viewsWinchesterExile

Just reading the thread on this game on Saints Web. There’s a lot of fans who couldn’t give a f*uck about this game. That’s dreadful. The Club is part of you if you’re a fan so not giving a f*uck about Saints is not giving a f*uck about yourself.

You get the Club you deserve so if the fans are indifferent about the Club you get an indifferent Club. I’d rather have fewer really committed fans than lots of spectators.
[Post edited 27 Apr 11:06]
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 11:31 - Apr 27 with 2309 viewsUTS1885

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 11:38 - Apr 27 with 2286 viewsHeisenberg

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 11:04 - Apr 27 by WinchesterExile

Just reading the thread on this game on Saints Web. There’s a lot of fans who couldn’t give a f*uck about this game. That’s dreadful. The Club is part of you if you’re a fan so not giving a f*uck about Saints is not giving a f*uck about yourself.

You get the Club you deserve so if the fans are indifferent about the Club you get an indifferent Club. I’d rather have fewer really committed fans than lots of spectators.

If it wasn’t for Saints I wouldn’t watch any of it. And I’m struggling to maintain any interest in Saints to be honest. The whole of football is a shite show. The top clubs and the FA showed there contempt for the smaller clubs by banning cup replays. If Saints go up I get no pleasure watching them turn out against state owned super rich clubs. We will have zero chance of being successful so there is no point. Add to that the cheating and VAR interest in football is waning.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 12:09 - Apr 27 with 2245 viewsfelly1

But.....

That doesn't quite tell the full picture imo.
We've squandered way too many important goal scoring opportunities to kill teams off.
It's easy smashing the like of Blackburn and Swansea by 5 at home.
Flat track bullies spring to mind.
It flatters our goals scored columm and creates a slightly false impression.

Don't get me wrong we clearly concede too many but the negative theme for me this season is going one nil up and ending up with just a a point or less against a poor team and it's the wasted chances that kill us.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 12:20 - Apr 27 with 2223 viewsSouthamptonfan

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 10:26 - Apr 27 by darthvader

Applause on 7 mins today please for a very young saints fan tragically taken too early

Strongly seconded. Can't be anything worse than losing your kid. RIP lad.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/24281026.saints-tribute-stoke-match-boy-died-ca

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 14:36 - Apr 27 with 2102 viewsgraveworm

I think the negative thoughts are from people myself included stems from the ridiculous risk taking from the stupid play at the back
If you have highly talented players who are comfortable on the ball under pressure
Then this is a hard set up to stop
However the major flaw to our plan is we don’t possess any players who are in that bracket
So we are constantly shooting ourselves in the foot
Let’s be honest so far to concede 61 goals in the championship is beyond belief
I think the ideology of supporting your club should not blind anyone to common sense
I have supported the saints for over 60 years and I think at this stage I have experienced more lows than highs
However I wouldn’t have it any other way
When the highs come it’s a joy to behold
This season has been good however I’m afraid when results were required against the top teams
We were found wanting
This is reality
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Apr 27 with 2013 viewsRon11

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 11:04 - Apr 27 by WinchesterExile

You may get the club you deserve if you don't give a fu ck.
But as a club you don't get the supporters you deserve if you don't give a fu ck about the kind of football being served up that is clearly not working after a sustained period of success which was curtailed by stubborn and arrogant changes to the set up and tactics by a manager who obviously thinks he knows best and clearly doesn't give a fu ck about what the supporters or anyone else thinks and then blames the players for his bizarre choices.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Apr 27 with 1874 viewsRon11

FFS, McCarthy is useless.
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Apr 27 with 1773 viewsButty101

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 15:50 - Apr 27 by Ron11

FFS, McCarthy is useless.

Why? Goal wasn’t his fault? Hardwood bellis is having a stinker again, I don’t think we should be Spunking 20mill on him.
I looked at that midfield and forward line (with the exception of Fraser ) and thought there’s no goals there

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Apr 27 with 1718 viewsRon11

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:05 - Apr 27 by Butty101

Why? Goal wasn’t his fault? Hardwood bellis is having a stinker again, I don’t think we should be Spunking 20mill on him.
I looked at that midfield and forward line (with the exception of Fraser ) and thought there’s no goals there

Straight through his legs...
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:44 - Apr 27 with 1620 viewsMattFinish

All I can say is pitiful
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Apr 27 with 1580 viewsButty101

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:21 - Apr 27 by Ron11

Straight through his legs...

Oh 😂

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Apr 27 with 1532 viewsgraveworm

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Apr 27 by Butty101

Oh 😂

Everything is ok
We had 65% possession
So in reality. We have won
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 17:00 - Apr 27 with 1499 viewsCity_boy

Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 16:57 - Apr 27 by graveworm

Everything is ok
We had 65% possession
So in reality. We have won

Dont forget the 3 shots on target ! Oh, hold on Stoke had 8 and McCarthy made 2 good saves with his legs, otherwise score would have been worse. Another awful limp, abject performance.

I wonder if Martin instructed them to just stand still, p*ss around with it and create nothing as that is what it looked like.
[Post edited 27 Apr 17:04]
Stoke Game Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Apr 27 with 1474 viewsBridders2

Toothless.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024