Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! 08:31 - May 5 with 3714 viewsdjsaint

The planning documents are now all available to view on the city council planning site.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:00 - May 7 with 998 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:32 - May 7 by saint901

For me this plan is a disaster.

I'm a Kingsland boy and having the away fans next to me is not welcome.

I also come in through the industrial estate (along with thousands of others) and if that route is not available, it means a detour.

(Presumably the bus from the station will also have to go elsewhere now?)

My typical match day experience is to arrive 15 minutes before the game, get in, get to my seat, stifle my frustration at our boring tactics, spend 20 minutes getting out of the stadium at the end, walk to the station in 25 minutes. and hopefully get the 5:30 or 5:40 train. This plan will put an end to that.

“A disaster”
Really? Chill the f*ck out!
Why don’t you just move seats further along the Kingsland, arrive/leave over the footbridge, you can then continue to stifle your frustrations to your hearts content!
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:09 - May 7 with 975 viewssaintwizzler

An email conversation I had…

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2024 11:29 AM
To: Tickets <tickets@saintsfc.co.uk>
Subject: Away fans seating 24/25 season

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] This email originated outside of Southampton Football Club. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
Hello,
I currently have a season ticket in Block 30 and I would like to know if the away fans will have access from their area after the game to walk up past the bike sheds, past my block and to the railway footbridge next season?

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for your email.

Away fans will be directed via Melbourne Street next season.

They won’t be prevented access but we’ll be encouraging them away from the stadium through the industrial estate.

If there’s anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

In the meantime, thanks for your continued support.

Kind regards

If you have 30 seconds, it would be great if you could let us know how we did by clicking on this feedback form: https://saintsfc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1WYXxXYuUFWapng

Jacqui Campbell
Supporter Services
Southampton FC
T: 02380 711 980

WE MARCH ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:11 - May 7 with 972 viewsSaintNick

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:00 - May 7 by djsaint

“A disaster”
Why don’t you just move seats further along the Kingsland, arrive/leave over the footbridge, you can then continue to stifle your frustrations to your hearts content!

Whether it is a disaster or not is yet to be seen, but certainly there are issues.

The footbridge you mention is chaos at the best of times, the 10,000 in the Kingsland could use the industrial estate and even behind the chapel to get out, now that will be blocked off,

Assuming that around half the stand used that route it meant that the other 5,000 went to the footbridge where they were joined by 3,000 in the Kingsland, so potentially the footbridge and the Kingsland/Northam corner had around 8,000 milling around after the game.

Now with the fence blocking exit to the industrial estate there is potentially 8,400 Saints fans in the Kingsland joined by 6,000 in the Northam, so that is potentially 14,400 fans heading for a small footbridge .

The whole thing working is dependent on a large amount of fans using the fan zones after the games.

Now

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:17 - May 7 with 958 viewsTripleNiemi

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:09 - May 7 by saintwizzler

An email conversation I had…

Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2024 11:29 AM
To: Tickets <tickets@saintsfc.co.uk>
Subject: Away fans seating 24/25 season

[EXTERNAL EMAIL] This email originated outside of Southampton Football Club. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.
Hello,
I currently have a season ticket in Block 30 and I would like to know if the away fans will have access from their area after the game to walk up past the bike sheds, past my block and to the railway footbridge next season?

Thank you

Hi

Thanks for your email.

Away fans will be directed via Melbourne Street next season.

They won’t be prevented access but we’ll be encouraging them away from the stadium through the industrial estate.

If there’s anything else I can do for you, please let me know.

In the meantime, thanks for your continued support.

Kind regards

If you have 30 seconds, it would be great if you could let us know how we did by clicking on this feedback form: https://saintsfc.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1WYXxXYuUFWapng

Jacqui Campbell
Supporter Services
Southampton FC
T: 02380 711 980

WE MARCH ON

So basically a ‘free for all’ then……

Doesn’t sound like they have a grip on this….

Pïss Poor Planning…..
[Post edited 7 May 12:09]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:30 - May 7 with 947 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:11 - May 7 by SaintNick

Whether it is a disaster or not is yet to be seen, but certainly there are issues.

The footbridge you mention is chaos at the best of times, the 10,000 in the Kingsland could use the industrial estate and even behind the chapel to get out, now that will be blocked off,

Assuming that around half the stand used that route it meant that the other 5,000 went to the footbridge where they were joined by 3,000 in the Kingsland, so potentially the footbridge and the Kingsland/Northam corner had around 8,000 milling around after the game.

Now with the fence blocking exit to the industrial estate there is potentially 8,400 Saints fans in the Kingsland joined by 6,000 in the Northam, so that is potentially 14,400 fans heading for a small footbridge .

The whole thing working is dependent on a large amount of fans using the fan zones after the games.

Now

There aren’t issues, there’s change, and people inherently don’t like change!
The footbridge really isn’t chaos, very busy yes!
The fence you mention, blocking exit through the industrial estate, has that been stated by the club?
If large numbers of fans use the fan zone afterwards then it certainly will help smooth the exit rush, but stating that the whole thing working is dependent on it is a slight exaggeration!

At the end of the day people will adjust their routine accordingly, some after a lot of pant wetting over the change!
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:34 - May 7 with 943 viewsSaintNick

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:30 - May 7 by djsaint

The fence you mention, blocking exit through the industrial estate, has that been stated by the club?
If large numbers of fans use the fan zone afterwards then it certainly will help smooth the exit rush, but stating that the whole thing working is dependent on it is a slight exaggeration!

At the end of the day people will adjust their routine accordingly, some after a lot of pant wetting over the change!

You are right people don't like change, but there are issues here regarding access and congestion.

Change is not always for the best

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:11 - May 7 with 828 viewsUTS1885

Slightly larger fanzones isnt really a thing and i get that if people want to spend money on drinks and food, thats there perogative. Its not been made clear really whats going to happen, but forcing people to go somewhere opposite on how they arrived isnt going to be very good. If i was the council safety advisor that issues the licence, i would have wanted to seen images and running aerial video of fans arriving and departing from kingsland, chapel and northam corners etc Hundreds arrive and depart through melbourne street and that clearly cannot be changed.

But need to see more detail really on how this is all going to play out.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:24 - May 7 with 824 viewssaint901

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:00 - May 7 by djsaint

“A disaster”

And ask the away fans not to swear, throw pi$$ or do any of the other things that might put a little downer on a day out?
Login to get fewer ads

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:32 - May 7 with 818 viewssaint901

And this has nailed the whole purpose.

The club wants fans to get there early, buy their overpriced and undervalue drinks and food and now stay longer after the match and spend yet more money.

Not for me - nor I suspect many others.

If block 29/30 is going to be under siege from away fans during and after a match, why would I want to stay?

If I want decent food and drink in Southampton, there are dozens of places I'd go in preference to SMS.

The club however wants to make 90 minutes of dull and boring football the centrepiece of a "matchday experience".

Well good luck with that.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 17:20 - May 7 with 798 views1ASIN12

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:32 - May 7 by saint901

The club wants fans to get there early, buy their overpriced and undervalue drinks and food and now stay longer after the match and spend yet more money.

If block 29/30 is going to be under siege from away fans during and after a match, why would I want to stay?

If I want decent food and drink in Southampton, there are dozens of places I'd go in preference to SMS.

The club however wants to make 90 minutes of dull and boring football the centrepiece of a "matchday experience".

Under siege ?

Are blocks 1 and 2 under siege from away fans ? What about black 42 are they ?

Sorry but I just don’t get the issue that for some reason some think that away fans have to be kept separate.

They are not kept separate now , once they leave the carpark at the Northam end they are straight out to Britainia road and mingle with all the saints fans coming out the Itchen and those that come out the chapel that want to get to the main road . Just like some away fans walk the other direction towards ocean village .

Just like when saints fans travel away we come out the ground and see home fans and mingle with them .

I think a kotof our fan base think it’s like the 80’s still .
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 17:24 - May 7 with 797 viewsdjsaint

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 16:32 - May 7 by saint901

Cheer up for f*ck sake!
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 19:43 - May 7 with 694 viewsUTS1885

Free capes

[Post edited 7 May 19:46]
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 20:10 - May 7 with 675 viewsgrumpy

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 11:34 - May 7 by SaintNick

You are right people don't like change, but there are issues here regarding access and congestion.

Change is not always for the best

Nor is not changing always for the best.
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 21:16 - May 7 with 626 viewsericofarabia

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 17:20 - May 7 by 1ASIN12

Under siege ?

Are blocks 1 and 2 under siege from away fans ? What about black 42 are they ?

Sorry but I just don’t get the issue that for some reason some think that away fans have to be kept separate.

They are not kept separate now , once they leave the carpark at the Northam end they are straight out to Britainia road and mingle with all the saints fans coming out the Itchen and those that come out the chapel that want to get to the main road . Just like some away fans walk the other direction towards ocean village .

Just like when saints fans travel away we come out the ground and see home fans and mingle with them .

I think a kotof our fan base think it’s like the 80’s still .

Most of the grounds that I have been to this season seem to direct you on the longest route around the ground in the opposite direction to the home fans!
Unless you have a dedicated no go area for home fans like Millwall, total segregation is impossible. Maybe I've been lucky but in
13 away games I haven't seen a single bit of trouble post match. 🙄
[Post edited 7 May 21:18]
Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 20:43 - May 15 with 323 viewsdarthvader

Maybe it may discourage people leaving from around the 80th minute knowing that many will stay in the zones so there wont be a big rush ?

keep the faith coyr

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 10:21 - May 16 with 224 viewsarfurdent

Details of Stadium changes & fan parks! on 20:43 - May 15 by darthvader

Maybe it may discourage people leaving from around the 80th minute knowing that many will stay in the zones so there wont be a big rush ?

people leave to get buses, trains or the taste of defeat out of their system

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024