Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About Leeds 11:31 - May 5 with 1766 viewsSouthamptonfan

1) Very stress free journey to and from Leeds yesterday. Left at 5am and got back by 8pm.

2) We walked around the ground before the game, had a drink and their fans were as friendly as you like. It didn't feel intimidating at all. Many asking when we set off, "hats off to you" etc.

3) Saints played well and looked like an efficient outfit. The Saints fans were decent. Felt strange having Leeds fans in the same stand directly below us.

4) Never thought I would say this, but Mccarthy is an upgrade on Bazunu. He actually saves shots. Downes is outstanding and so was Stewart when he came on.

5) Benali - What a thoroughly down to earth decent bloke. Had a a chat with him, he was sat right in amongst the Saints fans, happy to take photos, happy to chat. I think that's great. What an example to the current crop of over paid players. And bumped into Beattie too. Again, top bloke, in amongst us all.

Overall, great day out. Big games to come. I would join the club spin and just say forget the inquests until the end of the season. Get right behind the team, for what will be two (hopefully three) massive games. St Mary's should be rocking for that play off 2nd leg. Then hopefully a big day out at Wembley. We shall see!!!
[Post edited 5 May 11:33]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Leeds on 12:21 - May 5 with 1672 views1teeminants

1. A very relaxing journey all the way up Friday afternoon via King’s Cross seat reserved but trains weren’t busy

Went to weatherspoons in Leeds at 9 am for breakfast and beers on the Saturday loads of Leeds Neanderthals in there but keep your head down no problems. I saw a load of people in fancy dress walking outside not sure if they were saints fans but I was praying they wouldn’t come in and embarrass themselves and they didn’t thank god.

2.Easy getting Ubers around Leeds they are there within minutes after order.

3.Drinks in fanzone before game saw a few i knew there.

4Slightly annoying that no designated pub for away fans I guess the police don’t wast the hassle with the Leeds reputation.

5.The ground is miles from train station ffs

6. I thought our support was good. Loud and proud.
[Post edited 5 May 12:23]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

5 Things About Leeds on 14:37 - May 5 with 1517 viewsSouthamptonfan

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

5 Things About Leeds on 21:18 - May 5 with 1247 viewsSaintNick

1. I left at 7am, got there at about 11.30 after a 20 minute stop, left after the game and back in Southampton about 7.15.

2. Just got to the ground and went in the fanzone as only had time for one drink, saw 1teeminhants briefly, sorry it was a bit rushed.

3.Totally agree with you on 3.

4. I thought McCarthy was good, hard to compare with Bazunu though as we have stopped playing tight balls across the box, also he had a worse shot stopping record than Bazunu before this game, but I agree he looked the part yesterday.

5.Didn't see anyone famous other than 1teem and his brother

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Leeds on 23:14 - May 5 with 1150 viewsfranniesTache

1. Went to the Adelphi pre and post game, cracking pub with loads of small rooms and great beer, also an unusually high amount of Soft Cell memorabilia

2. Elland Road is still one of the best football grounds in the country (and u make a distinction between ground and stadium)

3. The walk back took forever and through sold proper shady streets, really wouldn’t want to do that on a night game if they were raging

4. With the pressure off I thought Saints played really well, thought the players actually looked like they enjoyed it for the first time in a while which says a lot about how this group handle pressure (and that not a good thing for the play offs)

5. Our support is strange, loud at times but whenever something positive about the city started up no one joined in, but something about Leeds would catch immediately.
5 Things About Leeds on 08:43 - May 7 with 794 viewsSaintNick

5 Things About Leeds on 23:14 - May 5 by franniesTache

1. Went to the Adelphi pre and post game, cracking pub with loads of small rooms and great beer, also an unusually high amount of Soft Cell memorabilia

2. Elland Road is still one of the best football grounds in the country (and u make a distinction between ground and stadium)

3. The walk back took forever and through sold proper shady streets, really wouldn’t want to do that on a night game if they were raging

4. With the pressure off I thought Saints played really well, thought the players actually looked like they enjoyed it for the first time in a while which says a lot about how this group handle pressure (and that not a good thing for the play offs)

5. Our support is strange, loud at times but whenever something positive about the city started up no one joined in, but something about Leeds would catch immediately.

Dont forget that 2 out of 3 songs mentioned Pompey

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About Leeds on 09:03 - May 7 with 774 viewsBuggalugs

5 Things About Leeds on 08:43 - May 7 by SaintNick

Dont forget that 2 out of 3 songs mentioned Pompey

The ultimate stupidity came in the second half, when a small group started belting out the "John Westwood's a fvcking clown" song, in total ignorance of the "in league 1 for 10 more years" line.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

5 Things About Leeds on 21:08 - May 7 with 592 viewsericofarabia

5 Things About Leeds on 09:03 - May 7 by Buggalugs

The ultimate stupidity came in the second half, when a small group started belting out the "John Westwood's a fvcking clown" song, in total ignorance of the "in league 1 for 10 more years" line.

As we were, very slowly, making our way out of Bell End Rd, some young oiks in front of me who had started off numerous skate songs, got around to JW is a paedophile song, but were singing WE are sick, WE are vile ....... surely it should be HE not WE 🧐
5 Things About Leeds on 22:27 - May 7 with 519 viewsfranniesTache

5 Things About Leeds on 21:08 - May 7 by ericofarabia

As we were, very slowly, making our way out of Bell End Rd, some young oiks in front of me who had started off numerous skate songs, got around to JW is a paedophile song, but were singing WE are sick, WE are vile ....... surely it should be HE not WE 🧐

It's always been "we" mainly because the lot who started it in the first place were "characters", the same lot that coined the term scum army before it was picked up by others who didn't know where it came from.

They were revelling in the idea that they might not be liked, i'm not sure that those that sing it now necessarily know why it's sung like that, and sound a bit strange singing it
Login to get fewer ads

5 Things About Leeds on 09:01 - May 8 with 377 viewsericofarabia

5 Things About Leeds on 22:27 - May 7 by franniesTache

It's always been "we" mainly because the lot who started it in the first place were "characters", the same lot that coined the term scum army before it was picked up by others who didn't know where it came from.

They were revelling in the idea that they might not be liked, i'm not sure that those that sing it now necessarily know why it's sung like that, and sound a bit strange singing it

Cheers ....... everyday is a school day!

Just find it bizarre that they are virtually tarring themselves with the same brush as that tramp! 🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024