Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Saints fans step up - again? 23:23 - May 20 with 1016 viewsWinchesterExile

Some Saints fans can be a bit on the passive side but they really turned up and turned it up on Friday. Very impressive. Can we do it again? I’m not saying the club with the loudest fans will win on Sunday but the crowd can and will make a difference.

Come on you Saints fans. Go fu*cking mental.
Can Saints fans step up - again? on 10:10 - May 21 with 827 viewsSaintNick

We created a mentality on Friday night, now we have to keep that going on Sunday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 10:54 - May 21 with 803 viewsdirk_doone

Leeds probably have the loudest away fans in England. So, off the pitch, we'll be doing well to compete with them, but a lot depends on how the game goes. They weren't very loud when we beat them at Elland Road recently.
[Post edited 21 May 10:58]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 12:53 - May 21 with 682 viewsfranniesTache

Wembley is an incredibly difficult place to get an atmosphere going, there's a combination of factors that stops it happening.

Firstly the ground is set up for corporate fans not actual fans, the club wembley seats in the middle effectively break the fans apart.

Secondly people won't be "stood" in their normal places, and groups of fans buying tickets at different times means they can't group together in the same way they would at st mary's (or even away games)

Plus of course most times i've been to Wembley i've noticed the support is very, very different to a normal away game, you have a lot more of the support mixed in who don't want to stand, or don't want to make noise, so what ends up happening is multiple renditions of Oh When The Saints, because that's what everyone knows
Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:12 - May 21 with 659 viewsPatfromPoole

Would be good if everyone in our lower tier sections could stand up during the game, not just in the safe standing blocks.

Makes a heck of a difference, and gets fans more into the atmosphere. I expect Leeds fans will be doing this.

I noticed on Friday night that Block 4 all seemed to be stood up as well as Blocks 2 and 3.

I am now prepared for lots of replies from people saying they have paid for a seat to watch the game 🙄

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:24 - May 21 with 640 viewsSFC_Referee

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:12 - May 21 by PatfromPoole

Would be good if everyone in our lower tier sections could stand up during the game, not just in the safe standing blocks.

Makes a heck of a difference, and gets fans more into the atmosphere. I expect Leeds fans will be doing this.

I noticed on Friday night that Block 4 all seemed to be stood up as well as Blocks 2 and 3.

I am now prepared for lots of replies from people saying they have paid for a seat to watch the game 🙄

Well really anyone who’s says that they’ve paid for a seat and not to stand, can get stuffed, as any real fan will be there to back the saints and give them the 12th man to help us win on the day!
As anyone standing doesn’t actually prevent others from sitting, all it means is they can’t see the game, so if they wanna see it on Sunday basically all fans should be standing and backing the team like many were doing on Friday.

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:32 - May 21 with 636 viewsPatfromPoole

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:24 - May 21 by SFC_Referee

Well really anyone who’s says that they’ve paid for a seat and not to stand, can get stuffed, as any real fan will be there to back the saints and give them the 12th man to help us win on the day!
As anyone standing doesn’t actually prevent others from sitting, all it means is they can’t see the game, so if they wanna see it on Sunday basically all fans should be standing and backing the team like many were doing on Friday.

Totally agree.

Get ready for some crossfire……

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:49 - May 21 with 620 viewsfranniesTache

Thing is it's not like a normal away game, you're going to have a lot of people who normally go to places like the wings or chapel who don't like standing mixed with in with the usual away crowd who'll want to stand.

So you'll either end up with arguments, or you'll end up with people sitting.

It's always the same when we get big away allocations, and i'd imagine it's the same for every club
Can Saints fans step up - again? on 14:30 - May 21 with 561 viewsWinchesterExile

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:24 - May 21 by SFC_Referee

Spot on SFC. The sitters should think of it as ‘stand, give it your all and get to the Prem or sit and endure another season of Plymouth, Blackburn and Stoke’.

With a bit of effort we can out sing Leeds.
Login to get fewer ads

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 15:35 - May 21 with 512 viewsPatfromPoole

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 13:49 - May 21 by franniesTache

Thing is it's not like a normal away game, you're going to have a lot of people who normally go to places like the wings or chapel who don't like standing mixed with in with the usual away crowd who'll want to stand.

So you'll either end up with arguments, or you'll end up with people sitting.

It's always the same when we get big away allocations, and i'd imagine it's the same for every club

I know I'm going back 25 years, but everybody stood for Dellhurst Park didn't they?

That was a similarly important occasion.

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 15:59 - May 21 with 496 viewsfranniesTache

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 15:35 - May 21 by PatfromPoole

I know I'm going back 25 years, but everybody stood for Dellhurst Park didn't they?

That was a similarly important occasion.

god knows i was drunk and it was 25 years ago, so you're asking a lot of me to remember
Can Saints fans step up - again? on 16:34 - May 21 with 477 viewscocklebreath

Of the times I’ve been to big games Cardiff final most people sat down, JPT can’t remember, league cup final all stood and Chelsea semi final sat down and the atmosphere was awful.
Dellhurst park deffo all stood

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Can Saints fans step up - again? on 16:48 - May 21 with 463 viewsfranniesTache

Well i'm doing my bit anyway purchased two of these, one for each hand

https://store.southamptonfc.com/wembley/wembley/wembley/3403_saints-foam-hand.ht

WE FOAM HAND ON!
Can Saints fans step up - again? on 18:12 - May 21 with 396 viewskingslandstand1

"I am now prepared for lots of replies from people saying they have paid for a seat to watch the game"

Should have saved their money and watched from the comfort of their lounge
You only need to stand up the when it's time for a cup of tea, unless the good lady will oblige
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024