Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election called for Thurs 4th July 17:41 - May 22 with 2681 viewsLondonSaint76

The PM has called a General Election on Thursday 4th July 2024
Strap yourselves in for six weeks of campaigning for the hearts and minds of the voting population…
[Post edited 22 May 17:46]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 11:24 - May 23 with 752 viewssaint901

I've not made up my mind and probably won't until I vote.

The Tories have shown a fanatical capacity to sabotage their own party. They had the liar in chief Johnson because he "was popular in elections". They had the lunatic Truss who single handedly destroyed the economy and we're still recovering. Now we have Rishi who seems to be ignored by half his party and barely accepted by the other half.

Labour has the amazing invisible man as a leader. Does anybody know what he really believes or what his plans are? He has a bunch of wannabes at his heels who have little experience and whose ideas as they been allowed to disclose them, are at best hopelessly optimistic and at worst unachievable. If they get into power, it will need at least three years to sort the wheat from the chaff and have a Cabinet even vaguely fit for purpose.

LD and the others are either the option for the undecided or single issue parties. Do I think the Greens for example have the bandwidth or expertise to run the economy? No.

We look in incredulity at the two candidates for the US president role but are we really much better?
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 13:13 - May 23 with 683 viewsyateleysaint

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:50 - May 23 by kingslandstand1

Absolutely!

I’ve opted for a proxy vote because there was no guarantee the postal vote would arrive in time.

Luckily Saints aren’t involved in the election process.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 13:59 - May 23 with 660 viewsgrumpy

'Labour has the amazing invisible man as a leader. Does anybody know what he really believes or what his plans are? He has a bunch of wannabes at his heels who have little experience and whose ideas as they been allowed to disclose them, are at best hopelessly optimistic and at worst unachievable. If they get into power, it will need at least three years to sort the wheat from the chaff and have a Cabinet even vaguely fit for purpose'

I wouldn't know where to start with that load of rubbish.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 14:40 - May 23 with 634 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 13:59 - May 23 by grumpy

'Labour has the amazing invisible man as a leader. Does anybody know what he really believes or what his plans are? He has a bunch of wannabes at his heels who have little experience and whose ideas as they been allowed to disclose them, are at best hopelessly optimistic and at worst unachievable. If they get into power, it will need at least three years to sort the wheat from the chaff and have a Cabinet even vaguely fit for purpose'

I wouldn't know where to start with that load of rubbish.

You’re not alone grumpy, I’ve no idea of a starting point either, probably kinder not to even try.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 17:49 - May 23 with 584 viewssaint901

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 14:40 - May 23 by saintmark1976

You’re not alone grumpy, I’ve no idea of a starting point either, probably kinder not to even try.

Let's start with something easy.

What is Labour's policy with regard to immigrants, legal and illegal?
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:21 - May 23 with 564 viewsSouthamptonfan

Like many, I am totally numb towards all of them. Labour according to the polls are going to form the next government but what are their policies? And what are the policies of any of them?

Can anyone tell me, which party:

-will enable me to see a doctor without a 3 month wait and completing online forms? Will I be able to just turn up and ask to see a doctor under Labour?

- will enable me to see a dentist?

- will get rid of the traffic outside my house bringing everything to a standstill every morning and every evening. Like, what are they actually going to do? Where can I find a direct answer?

- will accept that a woman is a woman and a man is a man?

- will stop telling me I should be doing more for the environment, when they are travelling around in expensive cars and private jets and meeting world leaders with caviar and champaign?

- Will recognise that if I can't go to a bar for tax free drinks at my place of work, why should they?

- Will understand that spending billions on paying for 5 star hotels for asylum seekers is not sensible whilst we have British people homeless on our streets?

- Will start installing respect and discipline onto the streets, in our prisons, in our schools?

- Will stop knife and gun crime, instead of turning up after the event?

- Will accept that you can't keep building houses, without also building new schools, new doctors surgeries, new dentists. Plenty of policies about new housing, nothing in the small print about new infrastructure.

Any answers? It might help me who to vote for.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:49 - May 23 with 558 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 17:49 - May 23 by saint901

I’m a little uncertain as to whether you understand how an election campaign works saint901, perhaps you haven’t had an interest in many in previous years ?

What tends to happen is that Political Parties of all colours put their proposals (should they be elected) into a document entitled a Manifesto. Such action by them makes it very easy indeed for interested voters such as yourself to find answers to questions such as the one you have raised.

Bearing in mind that the election was only called yesterday I doubt that any Manifestos have been published yet. So you will no doubt appreciate that you will need to be patient for a little longer before you are in receipt of the information you have requested.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 23:45 - May 23 with 461 viewssaint22

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 17:49 - May 23 by saint901

how about they stick them all on a plane to a country they don't come from at an extortionate cost to the taxpayer and contravening human rights laws, that work for you?
Login to get fewer ads

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:08 - May 24 with 418 viewsGRIM

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:49 - May 23 by saintmark1976

I’m a little uncertain as to whether you understand how an election campaign works saint901, perhaps you haven’t had an interest in many in previous years ?

What tends to happen is that Political Parties of all colours put their proposals (should they be elected) into a document entitled a Manifesto. Such action by them makes it very easy indeed for interested voters such as yourself to find answers to questions such as the one you have raised.

Bearing in mind that the election was only called yesterday I doubt that any Manifestos have been published yet. So you will no doubt appreciate that you will need to be patient for a little longer before you are in receipt of the information you have requested.

Manifesto's are not put together overnight.
Manifesto is a posh name for "plan".
All parties should have worked out their plans by now, if they don't have an achievable plan then they should not be any part of this Election.
Don't believe what they say in their Manifestos (plan) because a large percentage of it is cheap words that they know will never happen but by saying it wins them votes.
Remember reducing Immigration was in every parties previous Manifesto's but look at it now.
Party Politics is totally broken.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 11:12 - May 24 with 396 viewsdarthvader

The bloke who went to the st marys , wore my top that i wear ,took a selfie posted it knowing he would get stick for it..but done it anyways...loved the atmosphere like we all did . The bloke is a Saints fan hes got my vote just for that .

The rest can suck balls

keep the faith coyr

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 11:44 - May 24 with 387 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:08 - May 24 by GRIM

Manifesto's are not put together overnight.
Manifesto is a posh name for "plan".
All parties should have worked out their plans by now, if they don't have an achievable plan then they should not be any part of this Election.
Don't believe what they say in their Manifestos (plan) because a large percentage of it is cheap words that they know will never happen but by saying it wins them votes.
Remember reducing Immigration was in every parties previous Manifesto's but look at it now.
Party Politics is totally broken.

You are absolutely correct Grim. Call it a Manifesto, call it a plan, in truth it makes no difference.

In practice only the party that wins an election can implement their plan.

Now, unless I’ve missed something the only party to be in power for the last 14 years have been the Tories. That being the case, it was down to them to reduce Immigration if they wanted to, particularly given that less than five years ago the public gave them an 80 seat Parliamentary majority.

Outcome ? Total legal Immigration has substantially increased during the Tories period in office.

Why ? Because they know full well that given the UK’s long term declining birth rate our economy cannot function properly without Immigration. Particularly in the areas of the N H S and Social Care.

Unfortunately Immigration is a wedge issue, smoke and mirrors subject, used by a particular group of politicians in an effort to shore up the votes of a cohort of old to very old aged people who are in many instances simply colour prejudiced.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 14:28 - May 24 with 342 viewssaint22

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 11:44 - May 24 by saintmark1976

You are absolutely correct Grim. Call it a Manifesto, call it a plan, in truth it makes no difference.

In practice only the party that wins an election can implement their plan.

Now, unless I’ve missed something the only party to be in power for the last 14 years have been the Tories. That being the case, it was down to them to reduce Immigration if they wanted to, particularly given that less than five years ago the public gave them an 80 seat Parliamentary majority.

Outcome ? Total legal Immigration has substantially increased during the Tories period in office.

Why ? Because they know full well that given the UK’s long term declining birth rate our economy cannot function properly without Immigration. Particularly in the areas of the N H S and Social Care.

Unfortunately Immigration is a wedge issue, smoke and mirrors subject, used by a particular group of politicians in an effort to shore up the votes of a cohort of old to very old aged people who are in many instances simply colour prejudiced.

Exactly

The problem is most people have short memories so will have forgotten all the damage done over 14 years, brexit, gradual decline and further erosion of NHs education, the pathetic welfare system, and so on
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 16:21 - May 24 with 331 viewsBazza

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 14:28 - May 24 by saint22

Exactly

The problem is most people have short memories so will have forgotten all the damage done over 14 years, brexit, gradual decline and further erosion of NHs education, the pathetic welfare system, and so on

Try to make some positive comments for a change. You’re giving me earache!
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 16:54 - May 24 with 320 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 16:21 - May 24 by Bazza

Try to make some positive comments for a change. You’re giving me earache!

Earache from reading Bazza ? You won’t get treatment for that on the N H S.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:19 - May 24 with 283 viewsJellybaby

It’s interesting that most people here are completely disaffected by domestic politics and yet still seem resigned to voting for one of the two parties that are offered to us by the regime.

Starmer will obviously get in, because that has always been the plan, but it does prove once again how easy it is for the populous to be manipulated.

Blue and Red both do the bidding of the globalists - WHO, WEF, UN etc. It makes no difference which of these jokers are in power.

If we want actual change we have to think more radically, any one up for a revolution?!

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:24 - May 24 with 257 viewsBazza

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 16:54 - May 24 by saintmark1976

Earache from reading Bazza ? You won’t get treatment for that on the N H S.

Good point, think I should get my head clear, not at the nhs obviously
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024