Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election called for Thurs 4th July 17:41 - May 22 with 2654 viewsLondonSaint76

The PM has called a General Election on Thursday 4th July 2024
Strap yourselves in for six weeks of campaigning for the hearts and minds of the voting population…
[Post edited 22 May 17:46]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 17:53 - May 22 with 1851 viewssaint22

Cue the Tory BS machine, cut taxes spend on health education etc and then dont
Hopefully people haven't forgotten the last 14 years of ruinous failure
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:05 - May 22 with 1838 viewsHeisenberg

Or 6 weeks of tedious bullshite from all sides.

The only thing is to remember who gave us a compulsive liar and buffoon and a lunatic conspiracy theorist now hanging out with far right anti democratic loons as PMs.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:18 - May 22 with 1807 viewskingslandstand1

Sorry 22, our views differ in this instance, but I just cannot believe a word that Starmer says as much as you don't believe anything Rishi says. I'm not doing too badly so reasonably happy the way it's gone

At least the economy does now looks like it's improving, and all you get from Starmer is saying what everyone wants to hear as to outcome, but never says how he will achieve this Utopia

At the end of the day, they are all much of a muchness and it will be interesting to see what they all say but I'd rather know how they are going to achieve their promises

No matter what, let's just hope Saints get that win on Sunday, after all, we can't have a PM supporting a team that's in the 2nd division can we
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:46 - May 22 with 1753 views1885_SFC

The country is fooked whoever gets in. Starmergeddon isn't the answer. Neither are the Tories. I couldn't vote for the little weasel Ed Davey either.

There is seriously no one out there for me. British politics needs a new Party instead of having to pick the best of a bad bunch.

Old School is Cool

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:55 - May 22 with 1732 viewskingslandstand1

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:46 - May 22 by 1885_SFC

The country is fooked whoever gets in. Starmergeddon isn't the answer. Neither are the Tories. I couldn't vote for the little weasel Ed Davey either.

There is seriously no one out there for me. British politics needs a new Party instead of having to pick the best of a bad bunch.

Absolutely, but we're stuck with it. It's all name calling and he's wrong, I'm right, etc, etc, but gives the press plenty to make up what their particular allegiance is!

Still, UTS!!
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:01 - May 22 with 1726 viewsJellybaby

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:46 - May 22 by 1885_SFC

Agreed. It really is a case of which corrupt self seeking part of the cartel do you want to vote for. I am not prepared to endorse any of them. It is independent candidates or spoiling my ballot paper for me, if a significant number of people did this, we might stand a chance of bringing some change.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:06 - May 22 with 1724 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:18 - May 22 by kingslandstand1

Sorry 22, our views differ in this instance, but I just cannot believe a word that Starmer says as much as you don't believe anything Rishi says. I'm not doing too badly so reasonably happy the way it's gone

At least the economy does now looks like it's improving, and all you get from Starmer is saying what everyone wants to hear as to outcome, but never says how he will achieve this Utopia

At the end of the day, they are all much of a muchness and it will be interesting to see what they all say but I'd rather know how they are going to achieve their promises

No matter what, let's just hope Saints get that win on Sunday, after all, we can't have a PM supporting a team that's in the 2nd division can we

“ I’m not doing too badly so reasonably happy the way it’s gone”.

So kingslandstand 1, you are able to get a doctor appointment when you need it, have ready access to an N H S dentist and don’t have any relatives waiting months in pain for routine surgery ? I imagine also that your home is mortgage free, thus safe from increased interest rate payments and your car is immune from damage caused by enormous untreated pot holes ?

If all or any of the above are correct, you do indeed have every reason to be happy. I suspect however that after the last Fourteen years of the current Government there are many others who are not so blessed.

On the subject of football, let's all hope that our players are not stood in the pouring rain on Sunday looking defeated as Mr Sunak appeared just after 5 O’clock this afternoon.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:13 - May 22 with 1712 viewsBLEEDRED

PLEASE no politics until at least Monday, we have more important things to deal with!!
Login to get fewer ads

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:47 - May 22 with 1649 viewskingslandstand1

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:06 - May 22 by saintmark1976

“ I’m not doing too badly so reasonably happy the way it’s gone”.

So kingslandstand 1, you are able to get a doctor appointment when you need it, have ready access to an N H S dentist and don’t have any relatives waiting months in pain for routine surgery ? I imagine also that your home is mortgage free, thus safe from increased interest rate payments and your car is immune from damage caused by enormous untreated pot holes ?

If all or any of the above are correct, you do indeed have every reason to be happy. I suspect however that after the last Fourteen years of the current Government there are many others who are not so blessed.

On the subject of football, let's all hope that our players are not stood in the pouring rain on Sunday looking defeated as Mr Sunak appeared just after 5 O’clock this afternoon.

Pot holes I'd agree with, I'm ok with the others, but as said previously in this Utopia land, how is Starmer going to make it any different without us all paying for it

No matter who is in, it won't be any different
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:49 - May 22 with 1645 viewsgrumpy

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:01 - May 22 by Jellybaby

Agreed. It really is a case of which corrupt self seeking part of the cartel do you want to vote for. I am not prepared to endorse any of them. It is independent candidates or spoiling my ballot paper for me, if a significant number of people did this, we might stand a chance of bringing some change.

‘So spoiling your ballot paper will bring about change’
What do you think the people who fought so hard for us to get the vote would think of that sort of thinking.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:50 - May 22 with 1639 viewsGRIM

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:13 - May 22 by BLEEDRED

PLEASE no politics until at least Monday, we have more important things to deal with!!

Agreed.
Since when has this been a forum for Political opinions.
I must have been mistaken but I thought it was a Football forum.
Silly me.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:55 - May 22 with 1632 viewsBuenosSaint

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:50 - May 22 by GRIM

Agreed.
Since when has this been a forum for Political opinions.
I must have been mistaken but I thought it was a Football forum.
Silly me.

Ok. Let's bring football into it.

Tactical timing. England will still be in the quarter finals of euros thus country feel good factor, flags everywhere etc etc and the political status quo will be preserved.

Far more likely to lose at quarters or semi and hence change of government. So like I said, clever timing....

Poll: The Long Future

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:14 - May 22 with 1600 viewssaintmark1976

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:47 - May 22 by kingslandstand1

Pot holes I'd agree with, I'm ok with the others, but as said previously in this Utopia land, how is Starmer going to make it any different without us all paying for it

No matter who is in, it won't be any different

Please contain yourself a little longer kingsland. On July 5, Mr Starmer will I suspect, begin to answer your curiosity.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:38 - May 22 with 1571 viewsdarthvader

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:55 - May 22 by BuenosSaint

Ok. Let's bring football into it.

Tactical timing. England will still be in the quarter finals of euros thus country feel good factor, flags everywhere etc etc and the political status quo will be preserved.

Far more likely to lose at quarters or semi and hence change of government. So like I said, clever timing....

In that case ill vote for the saints fan . Even though he copied my saints hoodie the other night .

keep the faith coyr

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:51 - May 22 with 1559 viewsJellybaby

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 19:49 - May 22 by grumpy

‘So spoiling your ballot paper will bring about change’
What do you think the people who fought so hard for us to get the vote would think of that sort of thinking.

I think a lot of them would agree with me Grumpy. UK politics has descended in to the abyss - where are the statesmen on either side, where are the conviction politicians? We are left with a rabble uniparty that immiserate the masses and look after themselves and their friends.

I was until recently minded not to vote at all, as in "if it mattered they wouldn't let you vote", but spoiling your ballot paper is one way to show your contempt for what is on offer while broadly still supporting a democratic system, so think this the best option open to me or an independent.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 21:32 - May 22 with 1498 viewsButty101

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:51 - May 22 by Jellybaby

I think a lot of them would agree with me Grumpy. UK politics has descended in to the abyss - where are the statesmen on either side, where are the conviction politicians? We are left with a rabble uniparty that immiserate the masses and look after themselves and their friends.

I was until recently minded not to vote at all, as in "if it mattered they wouldn't let you vote", but spoiling your ballot paper is one way to show your contempt for what is on offer while broadly still supporting a democratic system, so think this the best option open to me or an independent.

I couldn’t agree more with you. If you ever watch prime ministers question time, it’s almost bants between mates. When did the reds become blues? There is literally no difference between the parties .

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 21:43 - May 22 with 1483 viewsgrumpy

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 20:51 - May 22 by Jellybaby

I, like Butty watch Prime Ministers Question time and would agree our System of Government doesn't at times look fit for purpose.
But we are not going to change that very quickly.
My biggest bone of contention is Whips getting people to vote against their will.
Sadly we are not going to change things very quickly so we are left with who we consider the best option.
I do think there is a difference between the parties .
[Post edited 22 May 21:46]
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 22:52 - May 22 with 1384 viewssaint22

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:18 - May 22 by kingslandstand1

Oh I hear you and I am no fan of Starmer and happy you are doing ok but the country has been ruined by the self serving Tory party Cameron Johnson and now sunak
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 22:53 - May 22 with 1379 viewscocklebreath

I just want the tories to get battered, from the day the fat lying c&nt Boris became leader they have taken the p!ss. Labour might not be great but anything is better than the tories.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 05:49 - May 23 with 1264 viewsSalisburySaint

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 22:53 - May 22 by cocklebreath

I just want the tories to get battered, from the day the fat lying c&nt Boris became leader they have taken the p!ss. Labour might not be great but anything is better than the tories.

Spot on mush
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 07:04 - May 23 with 1223 viewsJellybaby

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 18:05 - May 22 by Heisenberg

Or 6 weeks of tedious bullshite from all sides.

The only thing is to remember who gave us a compulsive liar and buffoon and a lunatic conspiracy theorist now hanging out with far right anti democratic loons as PMs.

"Lunatic conspiracy theorist" - you really don't like that ilk do you Heisy?

Andrew Bridgen may be a bad actor, it's certainly a strange decision to join a fake party lead by a literal actor, but his alleged conspiracy is what? That he is vaccine harmed and the covid jabs were not safe or effective and the drug companies should be held to account? The fact that Astrazeneca have withdrawn their jab drug worldwide recently suggests that he may be on to something....

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 09:33 - May 23 with 1122 viewssaint901

This election has been triggered by a piece of economic news which at face value points towards some improvement but does not really move the dial in terms of pointing toward an improvement in our every day lives.

Elections are always about the economy but this one more than most.

Headline inflation is 2.3%. However service sector inflation is close to 6% and shows little sign of falling soon. So the cost of the can of beans in the shop is going up less quickly, but the cost of getting it there is going up more quickly.

It's also a fact that the key driver to the 2.3% value is reducing oil/gas prices. The Gov't has done absolutely nothing (and do nothing) to influence that price, driven as it is by geopolitics. Claiming credit for a fall in energy prices is pretty desperate.

So would Labour do any better?

Some of their headline economic promises are little more than squalid attempts to capture attention which in practice would be very difficult to achieve.

For example, they want to privatise rail/energy/water without compensating the shareholders. Do they really think that said owners will not fight that? (And no, I don't own any shares in any of those companies).

The also promise a "Value for Money" office and a "Covid Corruption" campaign. The first seeks value for money for taxpayers. Gov't has had something like this for perhaps a century and it's staffed by Civil Servants all afraid to make commercial calls. I've experienced this first hand and I cannot believe that Labour will find the people to make this work within two terms of Gov't let alone one. Covid corruption? That money is long gone and if Labour (or tory) Gov;t recovers more than 25% of it, I'll buy 10 season tickets and give them away.

Headline grabbers without substance - all of the above.

For me it comes down to whether I think the Tories can get rid of their lunatic fringe and bring some stability and longer term planning to the table and Labour who think that they have got rid of their extreme leftie elements (and various discriminatory elements) but do I think they have?

It may also be that in my constituency the only credible opponent of the Tory is the Lib Dem. I would consider voting LD on a tactical basis if I decide that I don't want a Tory as an MP. However in the last election the Tory got 67% of the vote and the LD 17%. That's a huge gap to close.

All the parties however will struggle to break down the "always have" bloc of voters. These are people who "always have" voted Tory/Labour/LD/other and regardless of history, plans, promises, credibility, personal charisma, the good of the nation, etc.

Going to be an interesting ride.
General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:21 - May 23 with 1098 viewsdirk_doone

By now, we all know everybody's political views on here and nothing anyone posts is going to change any of them or how we vote.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:26 - May 23 with 1091 viewsDorsetIan

Labour's campaign is going to be two words - 'Liz Truss' - and as Sunak's rating is now less than hers, the Tories are going to struggle to rebut that.

I was listening to Sunak's speech in the car and thought it was one of the most boring and uninspiring election speech I had ever heard...It was only later that I saw he was presenting it while getting soaked and with 'Things can only get better' blaring out. There must be someone in his comms department trying to sabotage him. What a great start.

Seriously though is anyone who isn't a die-hard Tory going to vote for a party whose MPs or membership could very easily ditch their leader immediately after the election and instal another complete nut-job instead?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:50 - May 23 with 1075 viewskingslandstand1

General Election called for Thurs 4th July on 10:21 - May 23 by dirk_doone

By now, we all know everybody's political views on here and nothing anyone posts is going to change any of them or how we vote.

Absolutely!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024