Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 220661 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 21:16 - Jun 9 with 1317 viewsdolcelatte

I live in a sleepy village in Essex and am unfortunate enough to come under the Clacton Ward. Had a neighbour ask me today if I was a "Nigel" man. Absolutely not was my response, I then got a rant about how he was the only one with balls enough to say how it is and we are being invaded etc. I really wanted to bite but made my excuses and left..

I'd absolutely love it if he doorsteps my house. Come in for a cuppa Nigel... not sure he'd get out without ears bashed.. but he won't wander over this way when his audience is in Clacton itself. Clacton and Jaywick are first class sh1tholes but there are some very affluent ares nearby and in recent years a lot of people moving out of London, buying much bigger houses for half the price and enjoying life more, so he won't have it all his own way as the East Londoners are being diluted.

Anyway, did you know that if a vote is spoiled then it has to be read by all candidates and they have to agree that it is spoiled. Almost worth writing Farage is a racist c*nt grifter with a tiny dick on the ballot paper just to see the collective faces..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

General Election Thread on 21:50 - Jun 9 with 1275 viewsloftboy

General Election Thread on 21:16 - Jun 9 by dolcelatte

I live in a sleepy village in Essex and am unfortunate enough to come under the Clacton Ward. Had a neighbour ask me today if I was a "Nigel" man. Absolutely not was my response, I then got a rant about how he was the only one with balls enough to say how it is and we are being invaded etc. I really wanted to bite but made my excuses and left..

I'd absolutely love it if he doorsteps my house. Come in for a cuppa Nigel... not sure he'd get out without ears bashed.. but he won't wander over this way when his audience is in Clacton itself. Clacton and Jaywick are first class sh1tholes but there are some very affluent ares nearby and in recent years a lot of people moving out of London, buying much bigger houses for half the price and enjoying life more, so he won't have it all his own way as the East Londoners are being diluted.

Anyway, did you know that if a vote is spoiled then it has to be read by all candidates and they have to agree that it is spoiled. Almost worth writing Farage is a racist c*nt grifter with a tiny dick on the ballot paper just to see the collective faces..

They don’t have to read it but they have an option to if they want. One of my neighbours does the count locally and told me this when I stated it as fact.

General Election Thread on 02:36 - Jun 10 with 2139 viewsSydneyRs

Never been to Jaywick but have seen it listed as the worst place to live in the UK a couple of times. Is it that bad?
General Election Thread on 06:23 - Jun 10 with 2047 viewsLblock

Have a look at Europe and the results there.
I think Reform may surprise a few people, especially if there’s a very low turnout

There’s clearly momentum for Frexit, Deutcsexit, Belxit, Italixt etc, etc, etc
No doubt the Remoaners in those countries will be clutching their bosoms and crying “you nasty waycists” without actually confronting the issues.

For me, I’m a none of the above voter in this election as they’re all tossers
I will vote with D-Day a timely reminder why it’s important to do so but Labour simply have to win. It’s got to be an absolute landslide.
I’m sort of looking forward to them splashing money around which will hopefully boost the economy and keep me going for a few years whilst possibly improving the NHS a bit. My concern would be the tax grab focused on people like me so I’ll have to work up a plan on that…. Always fancied Cyprus!!

Sad state of affairs the world is in these days

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

General Election Thread on 07:31 - Jun 10 with 1973 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Interesting bio on Farage.

I didn’t know any of these things.

General Election Thread on 07:32 - Jun 10 with 1971 viewsDiscodroids

Not one political party of any colour has given a solitary shit about Jaywick, or any of our Seaside towns  since the 1950's. Like many , they are neglected and are resembling  crumbling satellite states of a former superpower  in desperate need of regeneration.

The only reason Jaywick is currently  discussed, is that nigel farage is standing in the constituency and the feeding frenzy of press and the dojo politique attention that he brings.   
Im in no doubt that the  political commentariat  , suddenly awash with pearl clutching concern for the wellbeing of long abandoned Jajwick , thought it was a  brand of a khazi air freshener  before nigel farage cast  his glad eye upon it. The gaff is like a crumbling mausoleum ,  Two rungs up the ladder from a shanty town.

The sudden concern from the chattering classes in the media for the welfare of it's desperate inhabitants, still proud and drowning in their own white Privilege, after 50 odd years of neglect, is Brassneck on steroids. 

Something tells me there used to be Butlins in Clacton or jaywick but it could
be i'm wrong. In either case they are  long gone along with the tourists it once brought.

My mother and stepfather have lived in frinton on sea ( the same  constituency) for 25 years, running a guest house for the first 4 year until retirement, which they still live in. Thus i spend a lot of my spare time in Frinton helping them out and also just to enjoy this lovely area.

Golden sandy beaches, clean streets , great views , natural beauty and conservation areas,,(The Greensward),  great restaurants and coffee bars,  good shops , Tennis club, beautiful architecture with  stunning housing along with an ambrosial beachfront walk either to Walton on the naze in one direction, clacton in the other . 

Frinton has Just one pub! (which is fairly recent),  people used to get pissed in the Glencoe hotel bar opposite my mums guest house back in the day before that solitary Fullers pub opened in the high street.   Back in the late 90's early 2000's Frinton had the air of Beautiful  1950's picturesque village bobby on his bike England , it still does to a certain extent but the high street has changed in recent times and as far as i can tell , the population demographic age has dropped bringing fresh impetus.

As Soon as myself and my wife can retire, if not before, we will be off to Quaint Old frinton from Leigh on sea quicker than Don quarry on Pervitin.

Frinton is very much an area that the Left on Twitter/X would denegrate as 'Shitstalgia' a solid Tory Keep, with Former actor and toby jug look alike Giles Watling its incumbent Representative.

I wouldn''t give him more than a 40% chance of retaining his seat from Nigel unless Mr Farage chokes a mixed race Dr Barnados orphan to death live on national television with a union jack embossed custard cream.

Whatever the eventualities of the july the 4th 2024, Jaywick will still be a strontium dog wasteland on july the 4th 2054.  No-one in the ramparts of power really gives a fu ck.
[Post edited 10 Jun 8:13]

A Number One.

General Election Thread on 07:51 - Jun 10 with 1930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 07:32 - Jun 10 by Discodroids

Not one political party of any colour has given a solitary shit about Jaywick, or any of our Seaside towns  since the 1950's. Like many , they are neglected and are resembling  crumbling satellite states of a former superpower  in desperate need of regeneration.

The only reason Jaywick is currently  discussed, is that nigel farage is standing in the constituency and the feeding frenzy of press and the dojo politique attention that he brings.   
Im in no doubt that the  political commentariat  , suddenly awash with pearl clutching concern for the wellbeing of long abandoned Jajwick , thought it was a  brand of a khazi air freshener  before nigel farage cast  his glad eye upon it. The gaff is like a crumbling mausoleum ,  Two rungs up the ladder from a shanty town.

The sudden concern from the chattering classes in the media for the welfare of it's desperate inhabitants, still proud and drowning in their own white Privilege, after 50 odd years of neglect, is Brassneck on steroids. 

be i'm wrong. In either case they are  long gone along with the tourists it once brought.

My mother and stepfather have lived in frinton on sea ( the same  constituency) for 25 years, running a guest house for the first 4 year until retirement, which they still live in. Thus i spend a lot of my spare time in Frinton helping them out and also just to enjoy this lovely area.

Golden sandy beaches, clean streets , great views , natural beauty and conservation areas,,(The Greensward),  great restaurants and coffee bars,  good shops , Tennis club, beautiful architecture with  stunning housing along with an ambrosial beachfront walk either to Walton on the naze in one direction, clacton in the other . 

Frinton has Just one pub! (which is fairly recent),  people used to get pissed in the Glencoe hotel bar opposite my mums guest house back in the day before that solitary Fullers pub opened in the high street.   Back in the late 90's early 2000's Frinton had the air of Beautiful  1950's picturesque village bobby on his bike England , it still does to a certain extent but the high street has changed in recent times and as far as i can tell , the population demographic age has dropped bringing fresh impetus.

As Soon as myself and my wife can retire, if not before, we will be off to Quaint Old frinton from Leigh on sea quicker than Don quarry on Pervitin.

Frinton is very much an area that the Left on Twitter/X would denegrate as 'Shitstalgia' a solid Tory Keep, with Former actor and toby jug look alike Giles Watling its incumbent Representative.

I wouldn''t give him more than a 40% chance of retaining his seat from Nigel unless Mr Farage chokes a mixed race Dr Barnados orphan to death live on national television with a union jack embossed custard cream.

Whatever the eventualities of the july the 4th 2024, Jaywick will still be a strontium dog wasteland on july the 4th 2054.  No-one in the ramparts of power really gives a fu ck.

Agree with this, but will have different reasons as to why I suspect.
General Election Thread on 07:56 - Jun 10 with 1919 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 07:51 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Agree with this, but will have different reasons as to why I suspect.

At Last!! I've agreed with about 4 of your posts in the last 12 years!. We've come full circle over the years .. Must be mellowing in our old age.

Lets smoke the pipes of peace Man!

A Number One.

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 08:28 - Jun 10 with 1881 viewsDiscodroids

My memory is quite bad but i seem to remember a General election poll for voting intention being slung up on here.... must have been 2017 ??

I'm pretty sure that a labour party led By jeremy Corbyn won it by some distance after several hundreds of votes cast . It would be interesting to see what the results would be now for this 2024 Shindig.

No idea how to sling up a poll though, poor old man..

A Number One.

General Election Thread on 08:39 - Jun 10 with 1832 viewsWatford_Ranger

Went to Margate a few months ago for the first time and it’s interesting how they’ve regenerated the centre. A bit poncey and very leftie judging by the number of Palestine flags about but it’s an arty hub. Good links to London, good places to eat, independent shops and stuff to do. I’m near Brighton which has its issues but it’s a great place to live. It can be done (not in Blackpool which needs to just be cut off into the sea).
General Election Thread on 08:49 - Jun 10 with 1807 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 08:39 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

Went to Margate a few months ago for the first time and it’s interesting how they’ve regenerated the centre. A bit poncey and very leftie judging by the number of Palestine flags about but it’s an arty hub. Good links to London, good places to eat, independent shops and stuff to do. I’m near Brighton which has its issues but it’s a great place to live. It can be done (not in Blackpool which needs to just be cut off into the sea).

I hope so Watford. I would love to see the revival of our Great british seaside towns.

Christ, I'm no derek jacobi looking through his opera glasses, i'm spawned from an East ham high rise Asphalt jungle of fu ck all but when i walk around clacton , i cant help but think that these people going about their day to day business, might as well exist in the Mice galaxies for all the relevance The westminster bubble has to them.

I'm praying that Owen Jones or Andrew Pierce don't make a John Pilger style 35mm filmed documentary on jaywick over the next couple of weeks before fu cking off back to their Sea bass, Orzo and amyl nitrates back in North london .

I don't think my stomach could take it .
[Post edited 10 Jun 9:50]

A Number One.

General Election Thread on 08:54 - Jun 10 with 1799 viewsderbyhoop

At least 1 person can see through the Farage shtick.
Economic proposals make Truss' mini budget seem like common sense.
They are also looking to replace the NHS with a USA type of healthcare.
Is that what voters really want?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 08:55 - Jun 10 with 1799 viewsloftboy

General Election Thread on 08:49 - Jun 10 by Discodroids

I hope so Watford. I would love to see the revival of our Great british seaside towns.

Christ, I'm no derek jacobi looking through his opera glasses, i'm spawned from an East ham high rise Asphalt jungle of fu ck all but when i walk around clacton , i cant help but think that these people going about their day to day business, might as well exist in the Mice galaxies for all the relevance The westminster bubble has to them.

I'm praying that Owen Jones or Andrew Pierce don't make a John Pilger style 35mm filmed documentary on jaywick over the next couple of weeks before fu cking off back to their Sea bass, Orzo and amyl nitrates back in North london .

I don't think my stomach could take it .
[Post edited 10 Jun 9:50]

Lowestoft is quite run down in places, lots of empty shops, loads of charity shops, but it is genuinely the most friendly place I’ve ever lived.

General Election Thread on 09:46 - Jun 10 with 1714 viewsSonofpugwash

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GPsfjNQWgAAAJVd?format=jpg&name=large

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 09:59 - Jun 10 with 1686 viewsterryb

Clacton did indeed have a Butlins. The town also has a small hospital that is far better than it's big brothers in Ipswich & Colchester. There endeth my praise!

Frinton has the best beach & cliff top walking in Essex/Suffolk & free parking! When the tempretures reach a reasonable level (for Britain) we take advantage of that beach as often as we can.

Jaywick has had this reputation for as many decades as I can recall & the only redeeming feature I know of is The Three Jays (at least, it was 20 years ago!). Not much too look at , but a good range of beers & a decent pub menu.

On the subject of pubs not good to look at, if any of you go to Harwich, I recommend The Alma. Spit & sawdust that does excellant food (on the dear side for the region), with a reasonable range of ales, lagers & (I think) ciders. More importantly, they cater for the locals as much as they do for us (visitors).

Living in Ipswich has a responsibility in General Elections. The seat has swung between the two parties for as long as I have lived here & the MP has normally had a good record for his constituents. I say normally as I don't regard that Tom Hunt deserves that accolade, despite his protestations on the subject!

Strangely enough, for such an important seat, I'm yet to see one person campaigning for any party! I assume that Labour & Conservatives regard the result as a forgone conclusion.
General Election Thread on 10:18 - Jun 10 with 1627 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Well, it’s obviously politically motivated but if it was made up he would sue and he hasn’t.

What he did when he was 14 is the least of the problems that bio reveals.
General Election Thread on 10:20 - Jun 10 with 1617 viewsDiscodroids

It's fantastic!..

it reminded of this scene in the simpsons when Homer removed a gummy bear sweet stuck on his babysitters arse to eat.. and had to go on television to defend himself from being a sex fiend.

[Post edited 10 Jun 10:23]

A Number One.

General Election Thread on 10:30 - Jun 10 with 1596 viewsDiscodroids

A Number One.

General Election Thread on 10:49 - Jun 10 with 1543 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Led By Donkeys is a Left / Liberal media outlet registered at companies house. Easily sued and very different from the individual social media accounts

Like any other controversial figure, there will be some shit throwing but there are things on there, that can't be fabricated, that are really concerning.
General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jun 10 with 1535 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 10:49 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Led By Donkeys is a Left / Liberal media outlet registered at companies house. Easily sued and very different from the individual social media accounts

Like any other controversial figure, there will be some shit throwing but there are things on there, that can't be fabricated, that are really concerning.

I dare say some of Farage’s more unsavoury moments increase his appeal at least with portion of his support rather than decrease it.
General Election Thread on 11:01 - Jun 10 with 1512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jun 10 by Watford_Ranger

I dare say some of Farage’s more unsavoury moments increase his appeal at least with portion of his support rather than decrease it.

He's an anti establishment figure, which is attractive to people because they've been ignored for so long, but he in particular is a grifter in my opinion. I get the motivation to vote for him though.

Ultimately the two cheeks of the same arse in Labour and Tories have facilitated his ascent by not tackling social issues enough. They have left him the space to fill.
General Election Thread on 11:09 - Jun 10 with 1483 viewsBucksRanger

General Election Thread on 10:18 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, it’s obviously politically motivated but if it was made up he would sue and he hasn’t.

What he did when he was 14 is the least of the problems that bio reveals.

It's not a bio, it's a political hit piece created by Led by Donkeys. They do this stuff for most major characters outside of the Labour Party.
[Post edited 10 Jun 11:31]
General Election Thread on 11:22 - Jun 10 with 1422 viewsCamberleyR

General Election Thread on 19:02 - Jun 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Nothing springs to mind which is usually a good thing

Labour East is probably the most loyal / anti Corbyn region so he won’t be a lefty. Will very much be a Starmer loyalist I expect do don’t expect any rebellion if he wins, which I assume is unlikely.

Up against Francois who has a 31,000 majority, one of the safest in the country. You'd think that even with how badly they're likely to do, the Tories won't lose that seat.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

General Election Thread on 12:16 - Jun 10 with 1222 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 11:09 - Jun 10 by BucksRanger

It's not a bio, it's a political hit piece created by Led by Donkeys. They do this stuff for most major characters outside of the Labour Party.
[Post edited 10 Jun 11:31]

Call it what you like, it’s either true or it isn’t.
General Election Thread on 13:22 - Jun 10 with 2229 viewsBucksRanger

General Election Thread on 12:16 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Call it what you like, it’s either true or it isn’t.

Political hit piece it is then.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024