Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 204067 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 19:06 - Jun 10 with 2717 viewskensalriser

General Election Thread on 15:28 - Jun 10 by Lblock

This politics game is an absolute doddle..............

Step 1. Totally deligitimise the right. Maybe call them anti-islam, facist spy, something about Trump.
Step 2. Install a centrist, maybe a technocrat, certainly not anyone with a policy platform fit for the challenges of the country. If (s)he's visibly in advanced stages of disorganisation that's great
Step 3. When it becomes apparent everyone's lives are worse then they were four years ago, allow far left to fill the political vacuum.

Looking forward to PM Abbott

This is why I think Reform will poll well and it's also, to an extent, why Labour will absolutely pi$$ it.

We just follow the same cycle time and time again.

Switch left and right around and you'd be bang on.

There is no serious left wing political party in the UK. Even the Greens are essentially a fairly traditional social democratic party with an environmental add on. The LibDems are centrists and Labour under Starmer is a centre right party barely distinguishable from Cameron's Tories. That's all based on policies rather than rhetoric.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

General Election Thread on 19:29 - Jun 10 with 2674 viewsSonofpugwash

Who did this?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 19:31 - Jun 10 with 2691 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 19:29 - Jun 10 by Sonofpugwash

Who did this?

Watermelon Twitter are such gimps.
General Election Thread on 20:47 - Jun 10 with 2562 viewsLazyFan

General Election Thread on 19:06 - Jun 10 by kensalriser

There is no serious left wing political party in the UK. Even the Greens are essentially a fairly traditional social democratic party with an environmental add on. The LibDems are centrists and Labour under Starmer is a centre right party barely distinguishable from Cameron's Tories. That's all based on policies rather than rhetoric.

Yes, policies, I remember them. I agree with all you stated.

Remember to call him TFS (Two-Faced Starmer).

zzzzzzzzzz

General Election Thread on 21:07 - Jun 10 with 2505 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Something we can all agree on.

Ed Davey is having a whale of a time isn’t he.

General Election Thread on 22:43 - Jun 10 with 2364 viewscolinallcars

A record number of candidates standing, latest addition, the Workers Of Great Britain party.
Would have been more had I been able to get my Horny Handed Sons Of Toil Salt Of The Earth Gawd Bless Yer Guv'nor party up and running in time.
General Election Thread on 23:22 - Jun 10 with 2290 viewsdigswellhoop

doesn't matter who gets in look a yes prime minister civil servants run country and same who ever wins
General Election Thread on 23:49 - Jun 10 with 2286 viewsHunterhoop

General Election Thread on 21:07 - Jun 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Something we can all agree on.

Ed Davey is having a whale of a time isn’t he.

There is a leader who has walked the walk in his personal life.

People might not like his party or his politics, but it’s hard to argue he isn’t a good person, who knows first hand some of the challenges with our social care system and NHS.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 02:00 - Jun 11 with 2235 viewsbob566

General Election Thread on 23:22 - Jun 10 by digswellhoop

doesn't matter who gets in look a yes prime minister civil servants run country and same who ever wins

Correct. Same in Ireland. You can promise the stars and the moon but when you get to government its the senior civil servants who run the country
General Election Thread on 02:56 - Jun 11 with 2217 viewsloftupper

General Election Thread on 02:00 - Jun 11 by bob566

Correct. Same in Ireland. You can promise the stars and the moon but when you get to government its the senior civil servants who run the country

Was it senior civil servants who imposed the levels of austerity on the Country that reduced the quality of service for the NHS, Court System, Schools, Councils and many other vital institutions?

I wonder what the Country would look like if we replaced civil servants each election. Certainly can't rely on newly elected ministers to hit the ground running.

If we could keep a minister in the same post for the duration of a parliament they might just understand the job properly and be able to implement positive change.
General Election Thread on 05:27 - Jun 11 with 2174 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 19:06 - Jun 10 by kensalriser

Correct, makes me laugh when anyone mentions the current Labour party and "the left" in the same sentence. Labour haven't really been left since pre Blair. If the tories hadn't gone so postal they'd probably win again.

Starmer is like a Labour John Major in terms of how dull and uninspiring he is, but he's more right wing than Major was.
General Election Thread on 06:47 - Jun 11 with 2082 viewsHunterhoop

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

The greed stuff is to do with the MEP stuff, employment of his wife to effectively up his salary and all the stuff he’s said about how to make the role worth more. It’s all grubby and about getting as much money as he can. If he was focussed on being the best MEP he could have been (and in future potentially MP?) you don’t think to do this stuff or put aside the time. You also don’t think he appears on every panel/tv show he can, and does talks in the US for free, do you? There is also a reason he cosies up to the very wealthy big donors. They help him get his (their!) message out, yes, but they also prop him up financially.
General Election Thread on 07:30 - Jun 11 with 2037 viewsDiscodroids

Sometimes i think i'm back in the late '70' sitting atop a pile of marvel and dc comics in my bedroom reading '2000 AD' , with Mega city-one's Judge Dredd engaged in a sunk to the nuts straightner with a post atomic breed of mutant hybrid children .

Fourteen years under this Conservative governance and the sum fruits of their labours are to produce the feral bomerang kids from Mad Max 2.

Time to unplug the jukebox and do us all a favor, try another flavour.

Jesus H christ.

'Boys, 12, found guilty of machete murder'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cz99py9rgz5o
[Post edited 11 Jun 7:31]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

General Election Thread on 07:59 - Jun 11 with 2000 viewsQPR_Jim

I thought Farage was the anti-establishment choice, but it sounds like he's just as bad as all the other career politicians. He's stood for election in a number of seats in his time, from the outside it looks like he goes where the polls tell him rather than where he has a local connection, another trait of a career politician.
General Election Thread on 08:28 - Jun 11 with 1940 viewsWegerles_Stairs

General Election Thread on 23:49 - Jun 10 by Hunterhoop

There is a leader who has walked the walk in his personal life.

People might not like his party or his politics, but it’s hard to argue he isn’t a good person, who knows first hand some of the challenges with our social care system and NHS.

His voting record would suggest otherwise...
General Election Thread on 13:07 - Jun 11 with 1715 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 16:41 - Jun 10 by Discodroids

This comes as some suprise to me as i paid £25 for memebrship after that vinegar fingered charlie perfumed brass, flung her shake at Nigel.

The thought of Nigel farage out on the piss with aaron banks and sticking my pony down some strippers knickers as she picks up pound coins with her spiced ham flaps from the bar counter dancing to Steely dans 'do it again', cheers me up better than any newsletter they send me.
[Post edited 11 Jun 10:46]

Got my first Reform e-mail newsletter today. I can confirm it's crap and contains as much useful information as an IKEA phamplet for flat pack assembly of an ottoman and welsh Dresser.

General Election Thread on 13:42 - Jun 11 with 1599 viewsLazyFan

No, every party did not do this. But they may do now.

The old REAL Labour was funded by the Unions. You knew where the money came from the reason it was given.
Unions gave money to Labour so, if they got in power Workers rights would be protected and improved. You know people who WORK being looked after by the country they work in!

Also, creating and improving the NHS, free Denstiry, free Opticians (both now gone) and so on. Thus creating an infrastructure for the great people of this country, no matter their heritage. Long before the Scandi's ever had a wet dream about such things, many of them now have been taken away from us.

But this was always attacked as evil Unions messing up the country. Well, the Unions have had almost zero powers for decades now, and the country is the worst it's ever been—and not getting any better. You cannot blame the Unions now. They even have zero power in selecting the Leader or any of Labour's policies. Some Unions like Unite are asking what they get for their money?

And rightly so, as they have to represent their members (who pay in). Members are angry customers (I like that word for right-whingers who don't seem to get it). The Union customers demand results so, Union leaders must serve their customers charter (good John Major word that) or they will be replaced with a leader who will (not quickly but for sure it will happen).

Now, some on the right seem to think, well, they can feck off and hahaha. But what they don't realise is eventually, either the Labour Party splits, and the right becomes like the LibDem party, with fading funding over the long term, no doubt, lost to whatever the Tories become (Reform 2), and the left, with the Unions, form a new party. This new party would instantly gain 300K members (we know this as that's what Corbyn pulled in alone and he's a muppet). So, the right would now have to face a REAL left-wing party, and with the screw-ups on the right, eventually, this party would gain power, and it would be harder for the Blairites to infiltrate this party (although the careerists would try again).

So, while it may seem all parties are on the teet of Big Business, you are forgetting the Unions have some dosh as well. And they must spend it on Workers' rights, which means against the Capitalists. At the moment most Union leaders are Blairities who think they can work with TFS (Two-Faced Starmer) and get some meek improvements that they can fob the members off with. Big Business (often referred to as Capital) won't allow that to happen. They expect TFS to double down and be their boy. So, TFS will come under reoccurring pressure to either cow-tow to Capital or give in to even the right-wing Unions.

What do you think TFS will do?
We all know he will do as he's told by Capital (Big Business), and while most in the Party and Unions will wrestle with this for around 2-years, unable to accept that TFS is TFS, eventually, the mood will change, and the pressure will come. Before Blair got away with it (Brown swap like Major swap did not), but now Unions like Unite are onto this nonsense and that's one of the 3 major Unions already against New Labour.

Not to mention TFS is not liked by anyone really, whereas this charisma Blair had was based upon him smiling a lot and pretending he wasn't nasty like Thatcher. Remember Blair's approach of being "politically correct" and those phrases to keep people happy with no nasty words, which we now know was just a fob off to not really do any real change and keep Capital in power over the Workers.

Unite's leaders know this and are ready for the fight. How long before they and others take the Union money elsewhere because at that point, TFS is in trouble as Capital will move on and not bail him out. TFS is being funded to control the workers rights down, not enable them and the Unions the other way. Something will have to give.

zzzzzzzzzz

General Election Thread on 14:00 - Jun 11 with 1537 viewsWegerles_Stairs

General Election Thread on 07:59 - Jun 11 by QPR_Jim

I thought Farage was the anti-establishment choice, but it sounds like he's just as bad as all the other career politicians. He's stood for election in a number of seats in his time, from the outside it looks like he goes where the polls tell him rather than where he has a local connection, another trait of a career politician.

To be fair to him, Farage has accomplished more than pretty much any UK politician in the last couple of decades, which is quite something considering he's never been an MP (and obviously a damning indictment of those who are, particularly in Government).
General Election Thread on 14:16 - Jun 11 with 1487 viewsSonofpugwash

It's Brexit all ove again.And like Brexit tyhe polls are being skewed.But then you could add the old adage "It's not the votes that count,it's who counts the votes.".
Funny how Labour intend to rejoin the EU when most of Europe seems tobe lurching to the Right.
I'm a bit alarmed about this photo ID requirement as my driving licence one makes me look like a serial killer.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 14:32 - Jun 11 with 1429 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 14:16 - Jun 11 by Sonofpugwash

It's Brexit all ove again.And like Brexit tyhe polls are being skewed.But then you could add the old adage "It's not the votes that count,it's who counts the votes.".
Funny how Labour intend to rejoin the EU when most of Europe seems tobe lurching to the Right.
I'm a bit alarmed about this photo ID requirement as my driving licence one makes me look like a serial killer.

Where have Labour said they want to rejoin the EU?
General Election Thread on 16:47 - Jun 11 with 1273 viewsessextaxiboy

General Election Thread on 14:32 - Jun 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Where have Labour said they want to rejoin the EU?

IMO that would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory .

The Lib Dems have in their Manifesto an commitment to rejoin the single market asap and a longer term commitment to rejoin the EU . In 2019 under Jo Swinson they vowed to reverse article 50 and cancel Brexit . They lost seats including Swinsons .

Currently polling at 10%. Why dont those who would have preferred to remain (supposedly now 60%) just pile in behind them ? .
[Post edited 11 Jun 16:53]
General Election Thread on 16:59 - Jun 11 with 2498 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 16:47 - Jun 11 by essextaxiboy

IMO that would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory .

The Lib Dems have in their Manifesto an commitment to rejoin the single market asap and a longer term commitment to rejoin the EU . In 2019 under Jo Swinson they vowed to reverse article 50 and cancel Brexit . They lost seats including Swinsons .

Currently polling at 10%. Why dont those who would have preferred to remain (supposedly now 60%) just pile in behind them ? .
[Post edited 11 Jun 16:53]

It’s exactly why they haven't said it.

I can’t stand Labour right now, but let’s stick to the truth.
General Election Thread on 17:06 - Jun 11 with 2453 viewsDiscodroids

Latest odds on the next object to be chucked at Nigel Farage ;

Bag of piss 2/1
Sharpened Jackfruit 6/1
Pimento Stuffed Olive studed with razor blades 8/1
Bar of soap 10000/1

[Post edited 11 Jun 17:15]

General Election Thread on 17:18 - Jun 11 with 2428 viewsNorthernr

General Election Thread on 17:06 - Jun 11 by Discodroids

Latest odds on the next object to be chucked at Nigel Farage ;

Bag of piss 2/1
Sharpened Jackfruit 6/1
Pimento Stuffed Olive studed with razor blades 8/1
Bar of soap 10000/1

[Post edited 11 Jun 17:15]

All fun and games until it's drain cleaner.
General Election Thread on 17:26 - Jun 11 with 2393 viewsDiscodroids

General Election Thread on 17:18 - Jun 11 by Northernr

All fun and games until it's drain cleaner.

It's bonkers , as much as i abhor Owen Jones i can't ever imagine lobbing my Victorian beekeepers helmet at him . Crazy.

*Unless of course this incident today was another far-right plant or someone On the Reform Payroll!
[Post edited 11 Jun 17:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024