Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? 12:08 - Jun 9 with 4852 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Is it possible for your club to get to double figures, or is that rather unlikely?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:26 - Jun 12 with 1146 viewssledger

they were clearly worst at repaying the local companies and charities after they clearly spent what they didnt have.
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:32 - Jun 12 with 1130 viewsButty101

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:41 - Jun 12 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your team was worse. The wins and draws state that very clearly.

You should enjoy the status that your club was the worst at something.

Hey Hun statistically Saints were slightly better than your shower. Its in the record books for all to see. As i said, what would of happened if you hadnt cheated your way to being the worse southern top flight team in Premiership history?
Try not to think about it, it will give you nightmares my little cherub.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:51 - Jun 12 with 1115 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:32 - Jun 12 by Butty101

Hey Hun statistically Saints were slightly better than your shower. Its in the record books for all to see. As i said, what would of happened if you hadnt cheated your way to being the worse southern top flight team in Premiership history?
Try not to think about it, it will give you nightmares my little cherub.

Looks like your club will be replacing our club on this list. how high would they be on the list?

I guess with your goal difference, it would be around 15th , or possibly up to 11th

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/worst-premier-league-teams-ever-points-tota

[Post edited 12 Jun 15:53]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:01 - Jun 12 with 1062 viewsButty101

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:51 - Jun 12 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like your club will be replacing our club on this list. how high would they be on the list?

I guess with your goal difference, it would be around 15th , or possibly up to 11th

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/worst-premier-league-teams-ever-points-tota

[Post edited 12 Jun 15:53]

How many points would you have got if you hadnt cheated?

My guess is, you would have been pushing Ipswich in that list for top spot.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:28 - Jun 12 with 1036 viewsdirk_doone

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:41 - Jun 12 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your team was worse. The wins and draws state that very clearly.

You should enjoy the status that your club was the worst at something.

The 27 defeats state very clearly that little Pompey were and your record of only 6 wins in 42 games has never been beaten by any top flight team from the south coast. So, your team was the worst. Get over it. This thread is like when you claimed that players born in Surrey and Sussex were born in Portsmouth. You just make rubbish up and always get found out in the end. Why do you bother? You only embarrass yourself,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958%E2%80%9359_Football_League
[Post edited 12 Jun 17:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 18:51 - Jun 12 with 985 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:28 - Jun 12 by dirk_doone

The 27 defeats state very clearly that little Pompey were and your record of only 6 wins in 42 games has never been beaten by any top flight team from the south coast. So, your team was the worst. Get over it. This thread is like when you claimed that players born in Surrey and Sussex were born in Portsmouth. You just make rubbish up and always get found out in the end. Why do you bother? You only embarrass yourself,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958%E2%80%9359_Football_League
[Post edited 12 Jun 17:43]

Worst ever south coast top flight teams @ 3 points for a win

28 points. 10 Pompey W7 D7
27 points. 59 Pompey W6 D9
25 points. 23 Soton. W6 D7

I think we can safely say 2 points for a win will garner the same team and club getting the ‘top spot’
[Post edited 12 Jun 18:52]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 20:03 - Jun 12 with 949 views1teeminants

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 11:52 - Jun 12 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

And you also said ‘top flight’ you top drawer mega dingo.

Try re-reading your own posts before sending a new one eh?

In my lifetime I’ve seen saints many years in the premier league

Pompey how many have you seen ??

Saints finish runners up in the top league in England

You haven’t seen skates do that and never will

Saints finish top 8 four years running in the top league including 6 th .

You haven’t seen that and never will

Saints in Europe. Many times

You err you what one season ?

We have a Bigger stadium than you

More fans than you

Better facilities than you

Richer than you

You cheated to win the recent FA cup

We beat one of the best teams in England to win ours.

The only thing you have over us is in my lifetime is winning two bit trophies because you just can’t get to our level can you ?

AND winning the league when the game wasn’t awash with cash which today guarantees only 5/6 clubs can win it .

Hurts doesn’t it skate.? No wonder your fans have such an inferiority complex .
[Post edited 12 Jun 20:06]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 20:03 - Jun 12 with 949 viewskernow

It’s all in the past, does anyone really care?
Losing the will to live now.
Login to get fewer ads

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:26 - Jun 13 with 836 viewsPortchy_Blue

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 20:03 - Jun 12 by 1teeminants

More fans than you

Richer than you

The only thing you have over us is in my lifetime is winning two bit trophies because you just can’t get to our level can you ?

AND winning the league when the game wasn’t awash with cash which today guarantees only 5/6 clubs can win it .

Still spouting the same old bollocks you have done for years 1teem.

Have scummers got the most runners up medals in World football?

Got lucky once in a cup final scored by an offside goal by a Pompey boy, in the day of three day weeks and blackouts, when Flares were all the rage!
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:04 - Jun 13 with 818 viewsdjsaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:26 - Jun 13 by Portchy_Blue

Got lucky once in a cup final scored by an offside goal by a Pompey boy, in the day of three day weeks and blackouts, when Flares were all the rage!

Ooh, 130 has an ickle friend!

Ooh, friends 👍 😆

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:04 - Jun 13 with 794 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 20:03 - Jun 12 by 1teeminants

More fans than you

Richer than you

This is just sooooo funny.

Since your club first reached the top flight back in the sixties a total of TWELVE clubs have been champions. Why couldn’t your ‘consistent and perennial’ top flight club achieve this status?

You finally had a bigger stadium than Pompey in circa 2000 ie the last 20% of the time of both south coast clubs. Why did it take you so long?

‘We beat one of the best teams in England to win the FA cup’. I think you mean the third best team
Whereas, we beat the best team in England on the way. FACT. Our cup win was tougher.

They are only two bit trophies, because you struggle to win them. FACTOMUNDO

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:44 - Jun 13 with 773 views1teeminants

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:26 - Jun 13 by Portchy_Blue

Might be bollocks to you but it’s true and it hurts doesn’t it ?

You are the worst team on the south coast and have been for long periods of my lifetime.

These are all facts my friend.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:29 - Jun 13 with 714 viewsSonicBoom

I mean going back to the original questions and forgetting all the squabbling, it's a fair question.
How many games will we win next season? It's hard to say, particularly as we don't know what the team is going to look like.
Hand on heart if the same team is kept from last season I'd say we will go back down. We aren't strong enough at either end of the pitch.

With a few key additions I still think we will be bottom 6 or 7 but there are teams that we can finish above.
Surely Bournemouth can't be that good again if they lose Solanke. Brentford? Everton who knows. Forest ? Fulham? Brighton?
We know better than most that it doesn't matter how you did last season, in the PL if you are not top 8 or 9 then you can have a bad season and disappear.
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:39 - Jun 13 with 711 viewsBuenosSaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:29 - Jun 13 by SonicBoom

I mean going back to the original questions and forgetting all the squabbling, it's a fair question.
How many games will we win next season? It's hard to say, particularly as we don't know what the team is going to look like.
Hand on heart if the same team is kept from last season I'd say we will go back down. We aren't strong enough at either end of the pitch.

With a few key additions I still think we will be bottom 6 or 7 but there are teams that we can finish above.
Surely Bournemouth can't be that good again if they lose Solanke. Brentford? Everton who knows. Forest ? Fulham? Brighton?
We know better than most that it doesn't matter how you did last season, in the PL if you are not top 8 or 9 then you can have a bad season and disappear.

Totally agree Sonic.
For me, avoiding relegation, great. Mid table , superb.

A few good transfers and build on it season by season after that

Hopefully feel good factor from play offs will kickstart season.

Poll: The Long Future

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:48 - Jun 13 with 653 views1teeminants

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:04 - Jun 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

This is just sooooo funny.

Since your club first reached the top flight back in the sixties a total of TWELVE clubs have been champions. Why couldn’t your ‘consistent and perennial’ top flight club achieve this status?

You finally had a bigger stadium than Pompey in circa 2000 ie the last 20% of the time of both south coast clubs. Why did it take you so long?

‘We beat one of the best teams in England to win the FA cup’. I think you mean the third best team
Whereas, we beat the best team in England on the way. FACT. Our cup win was tougher.

They are only two bit trophies, because you struggle to win them. FACTOMUNDO

If you say so pal

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You feel so inferior to us you have to smash up your own city and attack police horses when we meet to vent your anger.

Very strange behaviour indeed.

Bless

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 00:55 - Jun 14 with 540 viewsSFC_Referee

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:36 - Jun 9 by dirk_doone

One thing's for sure, we're going to win more Premier League games next season than little Pompey will.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-league/all-time-premier-league/all-time-

Looking at that list, it looks like the cherries will have earnt more points in the prem than the skates next season. Went from being a pretty decent club like a century ago, to not even being making the top 3 for biggest clubs on the south coast these days…

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 01:11 - Jun 14 with 532 viewsSFC_Referee

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 20:03 - Jun 12 by kernow

It’s all in the past, does anyone really care?
Losing the will to live now.

Well that’s the thing with the skates, they’ve always gotta look at the history books to even stay relevant in the footballing world, as when they ever look at the present or future, they just see themselves in the shadows of others! Just makes you wonder of juts how far back they’ll go though, as I wonder if they’ll still be going on about their period of success a century ago, in a centuries time?…
[Post edited 14 Jun 1:13]

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:05 - Jun 14 with 468 viewskernow

History books with big letters, words of less than three syllables and lots of pretty pictures?
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:52 - Jun 14 with 455 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 01:11 - Jun 14 by SFC_Referee

Well that’s the thing with the skates, they’ve always gotta look at the history books to even stay relevant in the footballing world, as when they ever look at the present or future, they just see themselves in the shadows of others! Just makes you wonder of juts how far back they’ll go though, as I wonder if they’ll still be going on about their period of success a century ago, in a centuries time?…
[Post edited 14 Jun 1:13]

Were you actually born when SFC won the FA cup?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:08 - Jun 14 with 448 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:48 - Jun 13 by 1teeminants

If you say so pal

🤣🤣🤣🤣

You feel so inferior to us you have to smash up your own city and attack police horses when we meet to vent your anger.

Very strange behaviour indeed.

Bless

Yes, of course that is correct. Here are your superior single digit top flight finishes:

70. W6 D17 L19
96. W9 D11 L18
05 .W6 D14 L18
13. W9 D14 L15
18. W7 D15 L16
19. W9 D12 L17
22. W9 D13 L16
23 .W6 D7 L25 - all time low south coast points total

An amazing tally of EIGHT dismal single digit seasons. We can only manage three of these.
[Post edited 14 Jun 9:14]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:31 - Jun 14 with 438 viewsSaintNick

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:08 - Jun 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Yes, of course that is correct. Here are your superior single digit top flight finishes:

70. W6 D17 L19
96. W9 D11 L18
05 .W6 D14 L18
13. W9 D14 L15
18. W7 D15 L16
19. W9 D12 L17
22. W9 D13 L16
23 .W6 D7 L25 - all time low south coast points total

An amazing tally of EIGHT dismal single digit seasons. We can only manage three of these.
[Post edited 14 Jun 9:14]

In the period of 1970-2023 we managed 42 Premier League seasons, Pompey managed 8 !

Fact of the day no one under the age of 20 can really remember Pompey as a Premier League club, a sobering thought

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:22 - Jun 14 with 359 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:31 - Jun 14 by SaintNick

In the period of 1970-2023 we managed 42 Premier League seasons, Pompey managed 8 !

Fact of the day no one under the age of 20 can really remember Pompey as a Premier League club, a sobering thought

And of course nobody under the age of 54 can remember the red stripey Hampshire boys winning an FA cup. So around 3/4 of your fan base. A true FACT.

Beyond sobering really.
[Post edited 14 Jun 13:34]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:56 - Jun 14 with 311 viewssaintsfanbrock

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:22 - Jun 14 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

And of course nobody under the age of 54 can remember the red stripey Hampshire boys winning an FA cup. So around 3/4 of your fan base. A true FACT.

Beyond sobering really.
[Post edited 14 Jun 13:34]

Pompey last won the top division in the 1950s. About the same time as most of the remaining countries that were in the British Empire gained independence.

Would you still call us an empire? No because we’ve not been in control of other countries for 70 years.

Would you still call Portsmouth a major English football team? Well if there are 92 places in England’s top four divisions then your average position (giving 20th in the PL - 20 points and 1st in the championship 21) of 44.5 - which would be top of league 1. So hardly top tier.

FYI saints number is 22.05. And soon we will be losing our worst league results in the next couple of years and that number will get lower while Pompey will be losing its best numbers in the last twenty years
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 12:35 - Jun 15 with 239 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:56 - Jun 14 by saintsfanbrock

Pompey last won the top division in the 1950s. About the same time as most of the remaining countries that were in the British Empire gained independence.

Would you still call us an empire? No because we’ve not been in control of other countries for 70 years.

Would you still call Portsmouth a major English football team? Well if there are 92 places in England’s top four divisions then your average position (giving 20th in the PL - 20 points and 1st in the championship 21) of 44.5 - which would be top of league 1. So hardly top tier.

FYI saints number is 22.05. And soon we will be losing our worst league results in the next couple of years and that number will get lower while Pompey will be losing its best numbers in the last twenty years

Southampton last won an FA cup when Jim Callaghan (a Pompey lad) was prime minister. How is that big time?

This century we have won 3 league titles and an FA cup, whereas your club has won nothing, and hasn’t done since 1976.

In terms of average league position, you need to update your info. SFC are 27th in order and might drop to 28th soon behind Fulham, and Pompey are 32nd. Ie both mid table 2nd tier at 34th and 40th average league positions.

I know you lot like averages, but they don’t win you anything.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:29 - Jun 15 with 223 viewssaintsfanbrock

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 12:35 - Jun 15 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Southampton last won an FA cup when Jim Callaghan (a Pompey lad) was prime minister. How is that big time?

This century we have won 3 league titles and an FA cup, whereas your club has won nothing, and hasn’t done since 1976.

In terms of average league position, you need to update your info. SFC are 27th in order and might drop to 28th soon behind Fulham, and Pompey are 32nd. Ie both mid table 2nd tier at 34th and 40th average league positions.

I know you lot like averages, but they don’t win you anything.

A cup win does not a big team make nor does a lower league that essentially means you are not big enough to be in the top division.

Don’t think you understood my maths, took both teams positions over the last 20 years (I.e. 3rd in league one would be 47th place) added them all together and divided by twenty rather than your league average below which I imagine is over a longer time period.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024