Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Noel Gallagher 21:22 - Jun 12 with 1122 viewsSaintNick

Noel Gallagher on PL matches abroad:

“I couldn’t care less if a ManCity ‘customer’ in New Jersey wants to see a game. Get off your f***ing arse and come to Manchester, then. Why are we talking about schlepping out to Abu Dhabi for a League Cup final, FA Cup finals in Bangkok?"

“It [football] will change drastically in the next decade and, 20 years from now, it will be unrecognisable. Once there are 14 American owners in the PL, it’s over. They will vote for no relegation. There will be rule changes and all sorts of mad s***..."

"Honestly, the Americanisation of football is not good for the game. It will be a slow erosion. And we are going to be powerless to stop them..."

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Noel Gallagher on 21:46 - Jun 12 with 1063 viewsPatfromPoole

Noel Gallagher is one of the most important people to have come to prominence in this country in the last 30 years.

He is a musical genius and he talks a lot of sense.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Noel Gallagher on 22:01 - Jun 12 with 1041 viewsSaintNick

Noel Gallagher on 21:46 - Jun 12 by PatfromPoole

Noel Gallagher is one of the most important people to have come to prominence in this country in the last 30 years.

He is a musical genius and he talks a lot of sense.

The truest words he has said since

Please don't put your life in the hands
Of a rock 'n' roll band
Who'll throw it all away

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Noel Gallagher on 11:47 - Jun 13 with 741 viewssaint901

He talks a lot of sense on this matter.

Musical genius?

To me a musical genius is somebody like Michael Jackson or Elvis or Taylor Swift. Somebody who has looked at the music scene, decided not to do what everybody else is doing and invented a new way of seeing and singing about about things.

I enjoyed Oasis back in the day, ignored the hype around the fake contests with Blur, went to a couple of gigs but they were - at the end of the day - not breaking new ground.
Noel Gallagher on 15:38 - Jun 13 with 619 viewsTripleNiemi

It’s so gonna happen at some point.

Sadly whilst some fans who claim to support the Cartel Clubs were for it (playing the likes of Barca every week) I don’t think they can foresee what is a coming. Most however don’t live anywhere near their respective clubs so makes no odds; all they claim is that they don’t want to play the likes of us or Brentford each season. The true fans though, ie fans of LFC or United whom attend every week can see this will make it ever harder to watch their club as these teams parade around the globe to play fixtures in places like Outer Mongolia.

The game is partly there, but in ten years time I dread to think how ruined it will have become.
[Post edited 13 Jun 15:39]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Noel Gallagher on 15:43 - Jun 13 with 609 viewssaint901

The owners don't care about any fans except those who pay to watch via TV.

I also wonder how many "fans" at matches are "fans".

We've all seen the double ended scarf being sold and tourists in the stands gazing at their phones or taking selfies. They're not fans either but the owners don't care so long as a premium price has been paid.
Noel Gallagher on 16:29 - Jun 13 with 586 viewsLondonSaint76

Noel Gallagher on 15:38 - Jun 13 by TripleNiemi

It’s so gonna happen at some point.

Sadly whilst some fans who claim to support the Cartel Clubs were for it (playing the likes of Barca every week) I don’t think they can foresee what is a coming. Most however don’t live anywhere near their respective clubs so makes no odds; all they claim is that they don’t want to play the likes of us or Brentford each season. The true fans though, ie fans of LFC or United whom attend every week can see this will make it ever harder to watch their club as these teams parade around the globe to play fixtures in places like Outer Mongolia.

The game is partly there, but in ten years time I dread to think how ruined it will have become.
[Post edited 13 Jun 15:39]

Agreed, for example, look at the traditional Boxing Day full fixture list - it’s now absolutely sh#t-wrecked by the ‘broadcast partners’ - it started off with one game being moved to the next day, now it’s nearly half of them gone.
As you say, this is just the start, God only knows where it will end up going. I agree with the sentiment expressed by Noel G but the problem is the combination of the money and the likes of Sky have now created a monster that will consume the game we all love. All very difficult to see how the monster created can be satisfied without selling out the traditions and the real fans who attend the games but both the real fans and the traditions will be disregarded as the cartel further prostitute their Clubs for more and more money.
I guess it comes to a point where the demonstrations we saw when a handful of the greedy Clubs tried to sign up for the hastily aborted European Super League will have to recommence more along the lines of the kind of direct action that the Man Utd fans took but if they start moving games away from the UK that won’t work.
The day the FA Cup Final moves to Dubai, Qatar or an NFL Super Bowl venue will be the day I turn my back on the game for good, get another Siberian Husky and go back to spending weekends taking it for long runs in the New Forest…
[Post edited 17 Jun 15:41]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Noel Gallagher on 17:31 - Jun 13 with 543 viewskingolaf

That would be the ruination of football.

I agree with what Noel has said.
Noel Gallagher on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 536 viewssledger

when it goes to ratsh*t bin them off,dont watch them,dont buy youre sky sport subscription,go watch youre local side,fu*k them go back to grass roots
Login to get fewer ads

Noel Gallagher on 21:29 - Jun 13 with 433 viewsTripleNiemi

Noel Gallagher on 17:38 - Jun 13 by sledger

when it goes to ratsh*t bin them off,dont watch them,dont buy youre sky sport subscription,go watch youre local side,fu*k them go back to grass roots

Totally agree, but sadly we won’t really make any difference or they won’t give a ****.

There was a good prog / documentary by BBC (or it may have been a podcast) on Season Ticket prices in the PL. The poor söds when they got to Fulham were seeing massive hikes and the clubs don’t really give a rats as they know the tourists in London will pay daft money as part of ‘the experience’ whilst on holiday. It was seriously cringey seeing three yanks trotting off to Craven Cottage saying how much they loved the club and didn’t see any problem with increasing demand (and basically killing off the loyal support who followed the club through the leagues).

Still, at least when the big clubs start trotting off abroad to the States and the like the fans will receive the ‘Kiss Cams’ and ‘Bazooka T-Shirt guns’ experience….
[Post edited 13 Jun 21:38]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024