Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election 22:11 - Jun 12 with 2361 viewsSaintNick

I havent got a clue about what each party is going to do if elected, but I know a lot about how bad each one of them is, they are all more concerned with slagging each other off than actually getting the country on track

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

General Election on 22:24 - Jun 12 with 1502 viewsSouthamptonfan

I dont have anything against Sunak, he's taken over a party that has been destroyed by all the wrongs that went on before his time. But Starmer I am impressed with. He has changed the Labour Party into a more moderate sensible party. You can't get a dentist appointment, you can't see a doctor, crime is out of control, your kids won't have a maths teacher - It's time for change. Let's see what they do.
[Post edited 12 Jun 22:25]

Poll: Who are you voting for?

General Election on 23:11 - Jun 12 with 1450 viewscocklebreath

13 years of utter sh1t and still people vote got the tory c£nts.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

General Election on 23:37 - Jun 12 with 1433 viewsPatfromPoole

It seems the next Tory leadership campaign has truly started in earnest.

That complete idiot Cleverly was giving it the big “I am” on Newsnight tonight.

The irony is that most of the contenders will probably lose their seats in 3 weeks, including Mordaunt.

The return of Johnson, one fears…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

General Election on 23:41 - Jun 12 with 1432 viewsBazza

General Election on 23:11 - Jun 12 by cocklebreath

13 years of utter sh1t and still people vote got the tory c£nts.

Wait till the Labour lot get in and the unions pull their strings.
I’m going to try something else other than these 2 decaying parties
General Election on 08:25 - Jun 13 with 1296 viewsButty101

General Election on 23:41 - Jun 12 by Bazza

Wait till the Labour lot get in and the unions pull their strings.
I’m going to try something else other than these 2 decaying parties

The main reason the country is broke, is because of Covid and the cost of Furlough. A scheme Labour was calling for to be more generous ffs.

What annoys me most about this election is the Lib Dems - this should be their time to make in roads - yet they have a complete numpty who thinks hes going to win votes by riding bikes, cannoning and going on fair rides. Coupled with him taking a weekend off to spend time with his family.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

General Election on 09:34 - Jun 13 with 1251 viewsBLEEDRED

We only have a two party state, all others a waste of time, both will not do what is best for the country as a whole. Is it worth voting?
General Election on 09:41 - Jun 13 with 1237 viewsSouthamptonfan

General Election on 09:34 - Jun 13 by BLEEDRED

We only have a two party state, all others a waste of time, both will not do what is best for the country as a whole. Is it worth voting?

Totally agree. It's Labour or Conservative. Although Reform might disrupt things or provide interesting opposition. I'm also not convinced by either of them, but after 14 years, I can't see a dentist, I can't see my GP (gone are the days when we knew the name of our own doctor), crime and behaviour in schools and society is terrible, immigration out of control, traffic chaos, billions of our money wasted on all sorts, all things you would expect the Tories to have sorted. They haven't, so give the other lot a go?
[Post edited 13 Jun 9:42]

General Election on 10:10 - Jun 13 with 1215 viewsgrumpy

Anyone agree that its ridiculous to have an election campaign lasting 6 weeks?
By the end of it most of us would have had enough of the point scoring.
Login to get fewer ads

General Election on 10:35 - Jun 13 with 1178 viewsBazza

Reform to get away from the tired clueless old parties
General Election on 10:36 - Jun 13 with 1179 viewssaint901

I was initially uninterested in the GE because I live in a seat which if the Tories lose will mean Armageddon for them. Now though I've been told (by the Electoral Commission) that due to boundary changes, I'm in a more marginal constituency (Southampton North). Caroline Noakes is the MP.

I've listened to most of the debates.

Sunak is trying to say that 14 years of shambles is nothing to do with him (despite the fact that he has had very senior jobs in that time) and that we should trust him to keep promises in the future (that he has failed to deliver in the past). Do I trust him? Do I think he will be leader of the Tories in 6 months?

Starmer is trying to say as little as possible about what he plans. He has to say some things but he comes back to one word all the time "change". Has he changed the Labour Party? Has he removed the far left elements? (I suggest that the farce over Diane Abbott suggests not). Will he be ambushed by the trades unions and the left in 6 months time?

Davey is all about a "fair deal" but for whom and how is he going to pay for it? He is not realistically going to form a gov't and will not be king maker unless something truly odd is happens. Is however a vote for the LD a tactical way to remove the Tory?

Reform is led by a racist misogynist and contains elements of the far, far right. Do I want my country represented by intolerant bigots led by a clown? No.

The rest are nowhere and represent a wasted vote in my opinion.

So the Tory pantomime over who is leader etc and the disastrous economic policies of Truss (which we will be paying for the next 5 years) and the PR driven "promises" that are broken all count against the Tories. But do I trust that Labour has changed its spots?

Starmer is not Blair. The latter had the charisma and power to put the far left into the wilderness - and he did. (I still think he led us to a pointless war and caused thousands of people to die). I'm not convinced that Starmer has that power.

So, still on the fence and will be until we vote.
General Election on 11:16 - Jun 13 with 1151 viewscocklebreath

General Election on 08:25 - Jun 13 by Butty101

The main reason the country is broke, is because of Covid and the cost of Furlough. A scheme Labour was calling for to be more generous ffs.

What annoys me most about this election is the Lib Dems - this should be their time to make in roads - yet they have a complete numpty who thinks hes going to win votes by riding bikes, cannoning and going on fair rides. Coupled with him taking a weekend off to spend time with his family.

And brexit

General Election on 11:19 - Jun 13 with 1144 viewscocklebreath

General Election on 10:35 - Jun 13 by Bazza

I can’t imagine looking at Nigel and not wanting to slap him with a wet fish, the blokes an odious liar who has the older immigrant fearing vote unfortunately that’s quite a lot. Daily mail has a lot to answer for

General Election on 11:43 - Jun 13 with 1086 viewssaint901

For me Farage and Reform are like a runaway truck.

They admit that they have not screened their candidates and we see stories and see pictures of them in neo Nazi uniforms, islamaphobic rhetoric and worse. And what does Farage do? Grins like a moron and says that they don't represent the party. Why then Nigel are they on the ballot with "Reform" next to their name?

I get that there is a population which wants to be more conservative (small c). They perhaps feel that the Tory party has drifted too far to the centre. They have views that personally I find hard to accept but easy to understand.

For me however Reform is out of control and unpredictable and should they by some mischance have people in positions of influence, they will make a sharp right turn after the election and take us to a place I don't want to go. If Reform has any influence post election I would seriously consider leaving the UK and go somewhere the sun shines.
General Election on 12:38 - Jun 13 with 1046 viewsBLEEDRED

General Election on 10:35 - Jun 13 by Bazza

Vote Reform to upset the main parties, you could even have the ridiculous outcome where they could get more votes than the Tories but get no seats
General Election on 12:39 - Jun 13 with 1043 viewsSouthamptonfan

General Election on 11:43 - Jun 13 by saint901

They admit that they have not screened their candidates and we see stories and see pictures of them in neo Nazi uniforms, islamaphobic rhetoric and worse. And what does Farage do? Grins like a moron and says that they don't represent the party. Why then Nigel are they on the ballot with "Reform" next to their name?

I get that there is a population which wants to be more conservative (small c). They perhaps feel that the Tory party has drifted too far to the centre. They have views that personally I find hard to accept but easy to understand.

For me however Reform is out of control and unpredictable and should they by some mischance have people in positions of influence, they will make a sharp right turn after the election and take us to a place I don't want to go. If Reform has any influence post election I would seriously consider leaving the UK and go somewhere the sun shines.

Part of the reform vote is also about people protesting against the two main parties. The brexit vote and the 2019 Tory election indicated that a large amount of people wanted immigration to be controlled and the numbers to come down. There are ways the Tories could have enacted that, but they haven't done it, so people are protesting and saying "We know Farage is a right wing nutcase, well you should have listened then and carried out what you said you would do." The same thing is happening in France and parts of Europe. The main parties just arn't listening to people's genuine concerns about various issues, so then you get votes for the far right.

General Election on 12:44 - Jun 13 with 1032 viewssaint22

General Election on 12:38 - Jun 13 by BLEEDRED

Vote Reform to upset the main parties, you could even have the ridiculous outcome where they could get more votes than the Tories but get no seats

That’s ludicrous
Voting for a racist bigot who already caused damage to this country
Labour are a poor opposition but they can do no worse than the self serving Tories who have royally screwed our country the last ten years
Unless you happen to be a multi millionaire friend of theirs that is
Remember Rishi is another man of the people like Bojo and that coont Cameron before him
General Election on 13:23 - Jun 13 with 979 viewsBLEEDRED

General Election on 12:44 - Jun 13 by saint22

That’s ludicrous
Voting for a racist bigot who already caused damage to this country
Labour are a poor opposition but they can do no worse than the self serving Tories who have royally screwed our country the last ten years
Unless you happen to be a multi millionaire friend of theirs that is
Remember Rishi is another man of the people like Bojo and that coont Cameron before him

I will just vote Reform, not because I believe in what they stand for, but because they don't have a cat in hell's chance of winning a seat (I know that sounds stupid.) we are going to get a Labour government, so Reform could at least get a large enough vote to shake up politics. I can't vote Conservative, Labour will just spend, spend until the country is bankrupt, Lib Dems will jump into bed with anyone and are a waste of space. There has to be some reason why most of Europe is moving further and further to the right. There is no creditable Centre party in the UK
General Election on 14:53 - Jun 13 with 900 viewsBazza

General Election on 10:36 - Jun 13 by saint901

I was initially uninterested in the GE because I live in a seat which if the Tories lose will mean Armageddon for them. Now though I've been told (by the Electoral Commission) that due to boundary changes, I'm in a more marginal constituency (Southampton North). Caroline Noakes is the MP.

I've listened to most of the debates.

Sunak is trying to say that 14 years of shambles is nothing to do with him (despite the fact that he has had very senior jobs in that time) and that we should trust him to keep promises in the future (that he has failed to deliver in the past). Do I trust him? Do I think he will be leader of the Tories in 6 months?

Starmer is trying to say as little as possible about what he plans. He has to say some things but he comes back to one word all the time "change". Has he changed the Labour Party? Has he removed the far left elements? (I suggest that the farce over Diane Abbott suggests not). Will he be ambushed by the trades unions and the left in 6 months time?

Davey is all about a "fair deal" but for whom and how is he going to pay for it? He is not realistically going to form a gov't and will not be king maker unless something truly odd is happens. Is however a vote for the LD a tactical way to remove the Tory?

Reform is led by a racist misogynist and contains elements of the far, far right. Do I want my country represented by intolerant bigots led by a clown? No.

The rest are nowhere and represent a wasted vote in my opinion.

So the Tory pantomime over who is leader etc and the disastrous economic policies of Truss (which we will be paying for the next 5 years) and the PR driven "promises" that are broken all count against the Tories. But do I trust that Labour has changed its spots?

Starmer is not Blair. The latter had the charisma and power to put the far left into the wilderness - and he did. (I still think he led us to a pointless war and caused thousands of people to die). I'm not convinced that Starmer has that power.

So, still on the fence and will be until we vote.

Racist misogynist. Rubbish until you prove it. Are you a remainer still smarting after we got away from that undemocratic self serving bunch of opportunists?
General Election on 14:55 - Jun 13 with 900 viewsPaleRider

General Election on 13:23 - Jun 13 by BLEEDRED

I will just vote Reform, not because I believe in what they stand for, but because they don't have a cat in hell's chance of winning a seat (I know that sounds stupid.) we are going to get a Labour government, so Reform could at least get a large enough vote to shake up politics. I can't vote Conservative, Labour will just spend, spend until the country is bankrupt, Lib Dems will jump into bed with anyone and are a waste of space. There has to be some reason why most of Europe is moving further and further to the right. There is no creditable Centre party in the UK

If you vote for a party whose policies you don't believe in then you are effectively endorsing their position.

Rather than not voting, an alternative is to spoil your ballot paper. That way, your "vote", or lack of it, gets counted but you haven't endorsed any particular party.
General Election on 15:29 - Jun 13 with 887 viewssaint901

General Election on 14:53 - Jun 13 by Bazza

Racist misogynist. Rubbish until you prove it. Are you a remainer still smarting after we got away from that undemocratic self serving bunch of opportunists?

I am not a remainer/remoaner. I'm a realist. We're out of the EU and we now need to make the best of it.

Can you really say that Reform does not contain more than its fair share of would be neo Nazis, those who equate the colour of skin or type of religion to their being "terrorists" or who think women's equality and minority fair treatment is not required?

Perhaps many middle aged, white men do think that.

Perhaps many uneducated young thugs willing to be told what to do and think do think that.

Perhaps all those stories and pictures of Reform candidates spouting hate and antisemitism and various forms of prejudice are all made up as part of a conspiracy?

The choice to make is either than Farage knows the make up on his candidates and members and by allowing them to continue endorses their behaviour - in which case he is no better than them or he does not know in which case he is incompetent and unfit to lead.
General Election on 15:50 - Jun 13 with 869 viewsBLEEDRED

All parties contain bad elements, Greens, Labour have Movement/Momentum Far Left who would destroy the banks, Legal System, kill the rich!! But you don't condemn the whole party because of a few idiots. Reform have more than a few racists, just as the Conservatives do.
But many that will vote Reform will do so because they perceive that today's parties and politics offer them nothing
General Election on 16:20 - Jun 13 with 839 viewsBazza

General Election on 15:50 - Jun 13 by BLEEDRED

All parties contain bad elements, Greens, Labour have Movement/Momentum Far Left who would destroy the banks, Legal System, kill the rich!! But you don't condemn the whole party because of a few idiots. Reform have more than a few racists, just as the Conservatives do.
But many that will vote Reform will do so because they perceive that today's parties and politics offer them nothing

I agree, all parties attract some extremists; Labour has communist union bosses, Tories have hard right MPs who have split the party , Liberals have weirdos that want to allow self determined gender! Reform reputedly have the odd neo nazi trying to attach themselves. Some want give 16 year olds the vote, really!
That’s the price of democracy, you have to make your choice, or of course not bother.
General Election on 16:36 - Jun 13 with 828 viewsChesham_Saint

General Election on 11:43 - Jun 13 by saint901

You use the word "Islamophobic" - could you please clarify what this actually means and how you reconcile this with hard won women's and gay rights? It seems an intractable issue otherwise...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

General Election on 17:21 - Jun 13 with 789 viewssaint901

I would define islamaphobia as an irrational fear that follows of Islam are more likely to be anti British (which I suggest is a very subjective position) and interested only in furthering their own agenda at the expense of non Islamic people.

There are people who follow Islam and who believe that theirs is the true faith and that all should follow it. There are groups within the Christian community who have similar beliefs.

In terms of politics and esp. Reform, we see anti Islam sentiments expressed in terms linking them with the alleged decline of services, standards etc for "British" people.

I'm not a religious person and follow no faith groups or thinking. Consequently I find those who seek to discriminate against those who do choose to follow a code are doing so for political (or sometime religious) reasons, both in my opinion, unaccepatable.
General Election on 17:38 - Jun 13 with 774 viewsChesham_Saint

General Election on 17:21 - Jun 13 by saint901

I would define islamaphobia as an irrational fear that follows of Islam are more likely to be anti British (which I suggest is a very subjective position) and interested only in furthering their own agenda at the expense of non Islamic people.

There are people who follow Islam and who believe that theirs is the true faith and that all should follow it. There are groups within the Christian community who have similar beliefs.

In terms of politics and esp. Reform, we see anti Islam sentiments expressed in terms linking them with the alleged decline of services, standards etc for "British" people.

I'm not a religious person and follow no faith groups or thinking. Consequently I find those who seek to discriminate against those who do choose to follow a code are doing so for political (or sometime religious) reasons, both in my opinion, unaccepatable.

Thanks - I hear what you say, but is it irrational to worry about the treatment of girls, women, gays and trans etc when these groups are evidently treated differently by so many adherents of this religion? Is it really political or even irrational to worry about people being thrown off buildings for their sexuality?

Also, doesn't the phrase "British people" include ethnic minorities as well?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024