Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal 17:13 - Jun 28 with 865 viewsNYC_Saint

Looks like we won't be getting a new keeper then. I'm surprised we have made this decision but maybe it points to some pragmatism that we can't try and play for 70% possession in the Premier League.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 with 777 viewsCity_boy

smacks of desperation. He doesn't deserve a 2 year contract.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:56 - Jun 28 with 753 viewsNYC_Saint

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 by City_boy

Also, as a free agent, in theory he could have done quite well wage wise as back up for a big team. The fact he hasn't suggests to me no one else was interested in him.

Sigh.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 29 with 583 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:56 - Jun 28 by NYC_Saint

Also, as a free agent, in theory he could have done quite well wage wise as back up for a big team. The fact he hasn't suggests to me no one else was interested in him.

Sigh.

There are so many better goalkeepers out there that it's obvious nobody else would have been desperate enough to take him AND even pay him. BUT, nobody else is stuck with Bazunu.
[Post edited 29 Jun 9:48]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:56 - Jun 29 with 551 views1teeminants

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:46 - Jun 29 by dirk_doone

There are so many better goalkeepers out there that it's obvious nobody else would have been desperate enough to take him AND even pay him. BUT, nobody else is stuck with Bazunu.
[Post edited 29 Jun 9:48]

I know he hasn’t been great for us in the past but he had a good season when called upon last time and looked more confident and assured. Things certainly improved when he took over from Bazunu.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 11:26 - Jun 29 with 524 viewsmushinexile

Yes, I'll go with that. McCarthy was the difference between going up or staying down last season and blindfolded, encased in concrete and buried at sea, he is better than Bazunu. I would like a better keeper but he hasn't been too bad for us. Sell or shoot Gavin to save costs and get somebody in in January if we need one.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 15:33 - Jun 29 with 472 viewsMonksway

Matt Turner available from Forest apparently. Would have been a positive signing.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 16:00 - Jun 29 with 462 viewssaint22

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 18:41 - Jun 28 by City_boy

Nothing good will come of him being first choice
We need a better keeper
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 21:35 - Jun 29 with 351 viewsfelly1

Really hoping for a better keeper.
Surely the recruitment team have taken into consideration that Mccarthy spent 90% of last season as the third choice keeper at a 4th placed Championship club.
Also we know his limitations from previous Prem seasons.
We are likely going to struggle and be under the cosh in many games.
A very good keeper could make a huge difference to our points tally by the end of the season.
Such an important position on the pitch for a club like ours..
Seemingly not seen that way by the powers to be.. Strange.
[Post edited 29 Jun 21:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 06:24 - Jun 30 with 291 viewsareasix

We are looking at bring in another keeper and I have heard that Kasper Schmeichel is being touted around St Mary’s at present as a possible.
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:39 - Jun 30 with 212 viewsdirk_doone

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 06:24 - Jun 30 by areasix

We are looking at bring in another keeper and I have heard that Kasper Schmeichel is being touted around St Mary’s at present as a possible.

That's very good news.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:42 - Jun 30 with 202 viewsButty101

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 09:39 - Jun 30 by dirk_doone

That's very good news.

If that were to happen it would be amazing.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 10:11 - Jun 30 with 182 viewsgrumpy

Yes Please...........
Alex McCarthy has signed a new 2 year deal on 12:29 - Jun 30 with 124 viewscocklebreath

I can’t believe there’s not a really good keeper in the Swedish or Danish league that we can get on the cheap on low wages.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024