Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe 15:16 - Jul 26 with 1136 viewssaints__fan__73

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/personal-terms-agreed-with-sao-pau

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 15:31 - Jul 26 with 1103 viewsButty101

I put this on another thread. Why are we wasting our resources bulking up Goztepe!

"Juan is a 22-year-old forward who has scored eight goals in 80 appearances for São Paulo and has also represented Brazil at Under 19 level." With this sort of record he is just what we need ffs

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 17:39 - Jul 26 with 989 viewsyateleysaint

It must be hard work persuading them to move to Turkey.

They’ll probably come back looking like the original Ronaldo after he’d let himself go.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 17:46 - Jul 26 with 980 viewsCity_boy

I don't understand why we need to do this. Hoping someone can enlighten me. Is it just some financial game by the owners ?

These are not kids to loan out and get experience they are 23 and have played at a good level.

Why don't Goztepe just buy them if they are not ready for Saints, rather than impact our financial fair play record ?
We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 10:47 - Jul 27 with 636 viewsIfonly

Who says they will play for Goztepe? The article says they will join up with Saints.

Regarding FFP, they are both out of contract, so no fee payable.
We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 13:05 - Jul 27 with 567 viewsCity_boy

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 10:47 - Jul 27 by Ifonly

Who says they will play for Goztepe? The article says they will join up with Saints.

Regarding FFP, they are both out of contract, so no fee payable.

Other reports I have seen suggest Juan will go to Goztepe, after joining Saints.

I forgot they were out of contract. There was talk of trying to get Welington before his contract ends (and paying a fee), as other clubs were interested.
[Post edited 27 Jul 13:11]
We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 11:40 - Jul 29 with 358 viewsSaintNick

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 15:31 - Jul 26 by Butty101

I put this on another thread. Why are we wasting our resources bulking up Goztepe!

"Juan is a 22-year-old forward who has scored eight goals in 80 appearances for São Paulo and has also represented Brazil at Under 19 level." With this sort of record he is just what we need ffs

The stats arent quite correct for Juan in that of his 84 appearances only 44 have been in the League for Sao Paulo, 18 starts and 26 off the bench, 15 of them were for the youth side and 22 in various cup competitions plus 3 for Brazil U20.

I havent got a clue what they will be like, but the club have obviously seen them, we get them on a free transfer and then blood them at Goztepe, if they arent good enough for us we sell them on probably just about covering our costs, however if they are good then we might just have a bargain or two.

I would also think that if we signed them directly now, we would struggle to get a work permit it might be easier in Turkey, but if they do succeed there then they will have the points needed to get a work permit here.

I don't know why so many people get so wound up, its what the big clubs do, sign players for the future and sell them on

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 12:14 - Jul 29 with 321 viewsButty101

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 11:40 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

The stats arent quite correct for Juan in that of his 84 appearances only 44 have been in the League for Sao Paulo, 18 starts and 26 off the bench, 15 of them were for the youth side and 22 in various cup competitions plus 3 for Brazil U20.

I havent got a clue what they will be like, but the club have obviously seen them, we get them on a free transfer and then blood them at Goztepe, if they arent good enough for us we sell them on probably just about covering our costs, however if they are good then we might just have a bargain or two.

I would also think that if we signed them directly now, we would struggle to get a work permit it might be easier in Turkey, but if they do succeed there then they will have the points needed to get a work permit here.

I don't know why so many people get so wound up, its what the big clubs do, sign players for the future and sell them on

Who’s gettin wound up? It’s a discussion.

It will still cost the club signing on fees agent fees etc. I would also hazard a guess we end up subsidizing part of there wages. If not why don’t they just sign directly for Goztepe with the promise of a path to the premiership. Our resources should 100% be focused on giving the club the best chance of staying up.
The defence as it is right now will get torn a new one in the premiership. The friendlys are showing it’s still leaky

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 12:47 - Jul 29 with 315 viewsSaintNick

We've signed a couple more players for Goztepe on 12:14 - Jul 29 by Butty101

Who’s gettin wound up? It’s a discussion.

It will still cost the club signing on fees agent fees etc. I would also hazard a guess we end up subsidizing part of there wages. If not why don’t they just sign directly for Goztepe with the promise of a path to the premiership. Our resources should 100% be focused on giving the club the best chance of staying up.
The defence as it is right now will get torn a new one in the premiership. The friendlys are showing it’s still leaky

In the spirit of discussion, I suspect that the club is focussed 100% on giving the club the best chance to stay up, but that doesn't mean they have to stop doing all the other things going on around that.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024