Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best player England have ever produced ? 20:33 - Aug 31 with 2402 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ve got mine in reserve.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Best player England have ever produced ? on 20:39 - Aug 31 with 1738 viewsDr_Winston

I guess it depends on the era.

In the early 20th Century English players were about as good as it got, so you could name the likes of Finney and Matthews as amongst the very best of their era and not be a million miles away.

Things changed after the war and the rest of the World caught up. I don't think any of the immediate post war English players were as good as those produced by other countries. Certainly the best British player of the 50's and early 60's was John Charles.

After that, then you're looking at the likes of Glenn Hoddle, Jimmy Greaves, Alan Shearer (would have scored goals in any era in any country IMO), Scholes and Rooney.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 1675 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'd add in Charlton and Moore. There's gazza and Hoddle, Gazza could have been so much better if he'd not been such a waster. If Hoddle had beenDutch he'd get more praise.

I'm going with Moore.
Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:31 - Aug 31 with 1661 viewsKeithHaynes

Well, he still has plenty of time ahead of him, but I’m going for Alf Haaland.

Absolute quality.

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:32 - Aug 31 with 1657 viewsWhiterockin

There so many it's really hard to choose, but of the players I've actually seen playing live for England I would go for Bobby Charlton.
Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:48 - Aug 31 with 1604 viewsBoundy

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:17 - Aug 31 by SullutaCreturned

I'd add in Charlton and Moore. There's gazza and Hoddle, Gazza could have been so much better if he'd not been such a waster. If Hoddle had beenDutch he'd get more praise.

I'm going with Moore.

Same ,he just seemed to glide through games never a soft touch though ,a gentleman on and off the pitch,it was rare but most of my peers wanted to be him rather than say Jimmy Greaves ,as good as he was.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:56 - Aug 31 with 1584 viewsSullutaCreturned

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:31 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Well, he still has plenty of time ahead of him, but I’m going for Alf Haaland.

Absolute quality.

Hold your horses Tonto, he isn't English and he wasn't produced in England either. He was born in Leeds but that didn't make him the best, that comes from his grounding in Bryne, Molde, Salzburg and Dortmund and then of course, he is Norwegian by choice.

England has no claim on him.
Best player England have ever produced ? on 22:02 - Aug 31 with 1559 viewsKeithHaynes

Best player England have ever produced ? on 21:56 - Aug 31 by SullutaCreturned

Hold your horses Tonto, he isn't English and he wasn't produced in England either. He was born in Leeds but that didn't make him the best, that comes from his grounding in Bryne, Molde, Salzburg and Dortmund and then of course, he is Norwegian by choice.

England has no claim on him.

He was born in England, where I’m from that makes him English !

I was born in Cardiff thanks to my mother’s desire to go via the A40 to make me Welsh. The only thing she ever got right mind …

This post has been edited by an administrator

Best player England have ever produced ? on 01:44 - Sep 1 with 1417 viewsRhonddaSwans

Joey Barton ……..

😂

Oj
🤔

David Beckham it has got to be the 99 champions league run where he had those perfect crosses in the run up to the finals and his free kicks were out of this world.

A close 2nd is our lad Leon Britton for his aerial presence at his height equally as impressive in my eyes.

Poll: Should Montenegro 🇲🇪 get fined because of they’re pitch?

Login to get fewer ads

Best player England have ever produced ? on 01:56 - Sep 1 with 1410 viewsRobbie

Oldie like me will throw in the name of Bob Latchford.

Swans related to balance the topic .
Best player England have ever produced ? on 07:45 - Sep 1 with 1292 viewsjack247

Best player England have ever produced ? on 22:02 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

I was born in Cardiff thanks to my mother’s desire to go via the A40 to make me Welsh. The only thing she ever got right mind …

Thank god he chose not to play for them
Best player England have ever produced ? on 08:37 - Sep 1 with 1251 viewsonehunglow

Matthews
Finney
Greaves
Moore
Charlton R

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:30 - Sep 1 with 1224 viewsWhiterockin

Best player England have ever produced ? on 08:37 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Matthews
Finney
Greaves
Moore
Charlton R

I never saw Matthews or Finney play live so can't comment, but of the other three Charlton for me.
Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:39 - Sep 1 with 1208 viewsonehunglow

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:30 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

I never saw Matthews or Finney play live so can't comment, but of the other three Charlton for me.

Saw Charlton at Anfield and that screamer of a goal .
Some player
Just beautiful to behold

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:41 - Sep 1 with 1199 viewsunion_jack

This question is a bit like would Mike Tyson beat Muhammad Ali? Different eras, different styles, different fitness and training regimes.

But when I first saw this thread yesterday my immediate thoughts were Bobby Charlton and my all time favourite Bobby Moore.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:54 - Sep 1 with 1192 viewsonehunglow

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:41 - Sep 1 by union_jack

This question is a bit like would Mike Tyson beat Muhammad Ali? Different eras, different styles, different fitness and training regimes.

But when I first saw this thread yesterday my immediate thoughts were Bobby Charlton and my all time favourite Bobby Moore.

If playing tiday,they would be even greater with modern nutrition and pastoral care
(The likes of Best would be untouchable
Denis Law would get 40 goals per season)
Jimmy Greaves,dear God,could retire on 50 goals

Matthew’s and Finney could do what they want but the likes of Nat Lofthouse would be jailed
[Post edited 1 Sep 9:56]

Best player England have ever produced ? on 10:01 - Sep 1 with 1166 viewsonehunglow

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:41 - Sep 1 by union_jack

One sees this with the Tyson Fury comments vis a vis fighters from different era

I gauge from the laws and rules of the time .ergo,Dempsey would have beaten Fury in an outdoor arena with 40 degree heat . He probably would have killed him,certainly maimed him.
Marciano would have fouled,butted and scratched him before knocking him through the ropes
Ali boxed him to sleep
Joe Louis pulverised him to submission.

In a more modern time,LennoxLewis would have stopped Fury on 5

Best player England have ever produced ? on 10:46 - Sep 1 with 1126 viewspete

Best player England have ever produced ? on 09:30 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

one to add to your list , Duncan Edwards killed in Munich air crash whilst still very young
Best player England have ever produced ? on 10:48 - Sep 1 with 1124 viewstheloneranger

Stanley Matthews, a wonderful footballer - off the pitch, a money grabbing, selfish man!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Best player England have ever produced ? on 10:49 - Sep 1 with 1122 viewsonehunglow

Best player England have ever produced ? on 10:46 - Sep 1 by pete

one to add to your list , Duncan Edwards killed in Munich air crash whilst still very young

Good shout Pete and Charlton said the best he'd seen
Had the lot and cruelly taken away as they were
I remember that radio announcement to this day

Best player England have ever produced ? on 11:08 - Sep 1 with 1090 viewsswan65split

Best player England have ever produced ? on 08:37 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Matthews
Finney
Greaves
Moore
Charlton R

Never saw Finney
Mathews was past it for me.
The Greaves I saw was living offside, not moving much.
hate Man u

but saw Moore several times , and have to say he stood out above everyone every time , just one of those players that was "gifted".
Best player England have ever produced ? on 12:13 - Sep 1 with 1044 viewsSullutaCreturned

Best player England have ever produced ? on 22:02 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

So by your own rules then, you are a bluebird?

maybe you'd like to rethink your rules
Best player England have ever produced ? on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 972 viewsWhiterockin

Best player England have ever produced ? on 11:08 - Sep 1 by swan65split

Never saw Finney
hate Man u

but saw Moore several times , and have to say he stood out above everyone every time , just one of those players that was "gifted".

I remember watching Moore, Best and Marsh playing for Fulham, crazy days.
Best player England have ever produced ? on 18:59 - Sep 1 with 943 viewstheloneranger

Best player England have ever produced ? on 18:23 - Sep 1 by Whiterockin

I remember watching Moore, Best and Marsh playing for Fulham, crazy days.

I remember Best ripping us a new one @ Stockport!!

Best player England have ever produced ? on 19:35 - Sep 1 with 916 viewsonehunglow

Best player England have ever produced ? on 11:08 - Sep 1 by swan65split

Never saw Finney
hate Man u

Greaves was cunning
And deadly

Best player England have ever produced ? on 20:01 - Sep 1 with 883 viewstheloneranger

Best player England have ever produced ? on 19:35 - Sep 1 by onehunglow

Greaves was cunning
And deadly

Cliff Jones always says Jimmy Greaves saved his life and family life - when Cliff's drinking got out of control.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024