| I know things take time.... 11:23 - Jun 22 with 72361 views | heywooddale | I know things take time....and I'm not even expect signings announcement or anything New management are just bedding in and we've got to make sure we are getting the right people. That is the most important thing. But at least announce friendly, a hint at the new shirt design or new pie filling we are considering or something. My dopamine starved brain needs something/anything to engage with! (This is an entirely unserious post that probably should be ignored) [Post edited 22 Jun 11:25]
|  | | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 19:06 - Jul 13 with 5470 views | richfoad32 | Paul Blackett has signed a new three year deal at South Shields so he won't be following Watson here, not just yet at any rate. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:42 - Jul 13 with 5015 views | Yorkshire_Dale |
| I know things take time.... on 19:06 - Jul 13 by richfoad32 | Paul Blackett has signed a new three year deal at South Shields so he won't be following Watson here, not just yet at any rate. |
Well, if he does come here anytime soon we re going to be paying a hefty fee. SS have done well to tie him down....if he keeps doing well they might be quids in. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 12:15 - Jul 14 with 4445 views | Dale92 |
| I know things take time.... on 22:42 - Jul 13 by Yorkshire_Dale | Well, if he does come here anytime soon we re going to be paying a hefty fee. SS have done well to tie him down....if he keeps doing well they might be quids in. |
He’s 28 and played a handful of games in NL, no thanks. He maybe a good player and all, but no. Watson can take a 23 year old from NLN and his old team as a gamble but anymore I’d be questioning our ability to compete. [Post edited 14 Jul 15:36]
|  |
| This is the One, I've waited for |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 12:21 - Jul 14 with 4426 views | Yorkshire_Dale |
| I know things take time.... on 12:15 - Jul 14 by Dale92 | He’s 28 and played a handful of games in NL, no thanks. He maybe a good player and all, but no. Watson can take a 23 year old from NLN and his old team as a gamble but anymore I’d be questioning our ability to compete. [Post edited 14 Jul 15:36]
|
sort of agree.....best left alone. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 17:48 - Jul 14 with 4066 views | davidab2202 | Seem to recollect that our Manager said he would like to play a different line up in each half of the Match tonight..If that is the case A Trialist is going to have to put a shift in tonight in this heat. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 20:10 - Jul 14 with 3717 views | tony_roch975 |
| I know things take time.... on 17:48 - Jul 14 by davidab2202 | Seem to recollect that our Manager said he would like to play a different line up in each half of the Match tonight..If that is the case A Trialist is going to have to put a shift in tonight in this heat. |
2 trialists & 2 First Year scholars in team 1 |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 20:30 - Jul 14 with 3594 views | seasidedale | It’s good to see we have scholars again |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:31 - Jul 14 with 3198 views | TalkingSutty | We're going to Spain in a couple of days time for a very important stage of our preperation for the upcoming season. It starts in just over two weeks time. I'm making comparisons with decades of previous pre-seasons and it seems to me as though we are well short of players. The fans are very patient but looking at the players available tonight and this expensive trip to Spain has been cited as being vital for team building and fitness, it feels to me as though we are behind the ball when compared to other clubs. Obviously other players will be signed but the Carabao Cup can be a real money spinner, i'm assuming the club are treating the game at Tranmere as nothing more than a pre season friendly because we're a long way being ready for that. Winning is a great habit, even in friendlies, especially with a new manager and you're trying to sell season tickets. I'm also surprised at the quality of the opposition and so few friendlies we have. I have a feeling we have struggled when it comes to recruitment. Also, can somebody please explain what this friendly at home to Farnham Town is about? Momentum is massive in football, let's not toss it away. [Post edited 14 Jul 22:38]
|  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| I know things take time.... on 22:37 - Jul 14 with 3161 views | SaxonDale | Could be wrong but I don't even think we'll be playing the same formation come the start of the season- I would be very surpised if players such as Rodney and Bilongo played in the roles they apparently played tonight. I agree we want players on the plane who are ours and I'd be frustrated if we took a handful of trialists or youth players but I think we'll have a much clearer picture of everything in a fortnight or so. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:39 - Jul 14 with 3152 views | 442Dale |
| I know things take time.... on 22:37 - Jul 14 by SaxonDale | Could be wrong but I don't even think we'll be playing the same formation come the start of the season- I would be very surpised if players such as Rodney and Bilongo played in the roles they apparently played tonight. I agree we want players on the plane who are ours and I'd be frustrated if we took a handful of trialists or youth players but I think we'll have a much clearer picture of everything in a fortnight or so. |
At the moment, I don’t see where Rodney plays in this formation. If he’s playing as a centre forward it has to be in a front two. If he’s wider then it’ll have to be tucked in as a ‘10’ as he was last season. He’s not a winger. |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:40 - Jul 14 with 3156 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 22:31 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty | We're going to Spain in a couple of days time for a very important stage of our preperation for the upcoming season. It starts in just over two weeks time. I'm making comparisons with decades of previous pre-seasons and it seems to me as though we are well short of players. The fans are very patient but looking at the players available tonight and this expensive trip to Spain has been cited as being vital for team building and fitness, it feels to me as though we are behind the ball when compared to other clubs. Obviously other players will be signed but the Carabao Cup can be a real money spinner, i'm assuming the club are treating the game at Tranmere as nothing more than a pre season friendly because we're a long way being ready for that. Winning is a great habit, even in friendlies, especially with a new manager and you're trying to sell season tickets. I'm also surprised at the quality of the opposition and so few friendlies we have. I have a feeling we have struggled when it comes to recruitment. Also, can somebody please explain what this friendly at home to Farnham Town is about? Momentum is massive in football, let's not toss it away. [Post edited 14 Jul 22:38]
|
Cameron Ogden and Farnham's owner are very good friends, apparently. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 3121 views | TalkingSutty |
| I know things take time.... on 22:37 - Jul 14 by SaxonDale | Could be wrong but I don't even think we'll be playing the same formation come the start of the season- I would be very surpised if players such as Rodney and Bilongo played in the roles they apparently played tonight. I agree we want players on the plane who are ours and I'd be frustrated if we took a handful of trialists or youth players but I think we'll have a much clearer picture of everything in a fortnight or so. |
Im concerned the trip to Spain wont involve potentially another four or five new recruits, if that's the case then the purpose of it hasn't been maximised. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:43 - Jul 14 with 3129 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 22:37 - Jul 14 by SaxonDale | Could be wrong but I don't even think we'll be playing the same formation come the start of the season- I would be very surpised if players such as Rodney and Bilongo played in the roles they apparently played tonight. I agree we want players on the plane who are ours and I'd be frustrated if we took a handful of trialists or youth players but I think we'll have a much clearer picture of everything in a fortnight or so. |
I've no idea how these things work for such a big travelling party, but I would imagine it's not really possible to take trialists to Spain, as wouldn't the names of the passengers and all their subsequent paper work have to be submitted weeks ago, when we didn't even have these trialists? |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:45 - Jul 14 with 3107 views | TalkingSutty |
| I know things take time.... on 22:40 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907 | Cameron Ogden and Farnham's owner are very good friends, apparently. |
That's nice. It's irrelevant though when it comes to what's best for the players preperation. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 22:56 - Jul 14 with 3069 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 22:45 - Jul 14 by TalkingSutty | That's nice. It's irrelevant though when it comes to what's best for the players preperation. |
Quite. |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 07:50 - Jul 15 with 2782 views | Dale_4_Life | 15th July and we are woefully short on player numbers. Of course this can change quickly and we are not in the position to know everything happening behind the scenes at the club. If this is because we know the agreed deals are not quite finalised that would be fine. I agree it would be better having our identified targets signed up and on the plane to Spain later this week. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 08:08 - Jul 15 with 2727 views | 442Dale |
| I know things take time.... on 07:50 - Jul 15 by Dale_4_Life | 15th July and we are woefully short on player numbers. Of course this can change quickly and we are not in the position to know everything happening behind the scenes at the club. If this is because we know the agreed deals are not quite finalised that would be fine. I agree it would be better having our identified targets signed up and on the plane to Spain later this week. |
Watson said in his interview, keepers not withstanding, that we would be looking at getting in a couple more. So at that point he can’t think we are that short. For me we need three at the moment - another wide player who can play both sides, a full back who could possibly do the same (like Keohane, or Moss for that matter) and a centre forward. From there we can look at the loan market between now and the end of August. The most important thing right now is getting the players we have comfortable playing in a new system. That’s why pre season results don’t matter as much if they can see the progression under a new manager. |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 08:24 - Jul 15 with 2684 views | NorthernDale |
| I know things take time.... on 08:08 - Jul 15 by 442Dale | Watson said in his interview, keepers not withstanding, that we would be looking at getting in a couple more. So at that point he can’t think we are that short. For me we need three at the moment - another wide player who can play both sides, a full back who could possibly do the same (like Keohane, or Moss for that matter) and a centre forward. From there we can look at the loan market between now and the end of August. The most important thing right now is getting the players we have comfortable playing in a new system. That’s why pre season results don’t matter as much if they can see the progression under a new manager. |
I have to agree to a point, I think we need both a RB and a LB, if we see Beckworth as a CD, I also agree on signing a winger and a striker. I would as stated on another post, I also agree in loan signings to cover emergencies and to also improve the team. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 10:49 - Jul 15 with 2486 views | TalkingSutty |
| I know things take time.... on 08:08 - Jul 15 by 442Dale | Watson said in his interview, keepers not withstanding, that we would be looking at getting in a couple more. So at that point he can’t think we are that short. For me we need three at the moment - another wide player who can play both sides, a full back who could possibly do the same (like Keohane, or Moss for that matter) and a centre forward. From there we can look at the loan market between now and the end of August. The most important thing right now is getting the players we have comfortable playing in a new system. That’s why pre season results don’t matter as much if they can see the progression under a new manager. |
Agree with that summary, it would have been good to have those players on the plane to Spain in a ideal world. Waller has suffered with injuries and was released by Harrogate i think, if we do sign him i'd like to see a second keeper brought in who is capable of claiming the number one shirt, a bit of healthy competition. I didn't buy into the hype over Waller last time he was here, he was too erratic with his decision making for my liking but obviously still learning his trade. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 11:03 - Jul 15 with 2415 views | isitme | His kicking was also quite poor and Watson has alluded to the fact that he wants a keeper who is comfortable with his feet. I think with him being the best of a bad bunch across that season that he appeared to be better than he actually was. He has not done much since he left us. I am still waiting on a keeper coming in on a season long loan. When was the last time we had our own keeper as a regular starter? Was it Lillis? |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 12:29 - Jul 15 with 2236 views | TVOS1907 |
| I know things take time.... on 11:03 - Jul 15 by isitme | His kicking was also quite poor and Watson has alluded to the fact that he wants a keeper who is comfortable with his feet. I think with him being the best of a bad bunch across that season that he appeared to be better than he actually was. He has not done much since he left us. I am still waiting on a keeper coming in on a season long loan. When was the last time we had our own keeper as a regular starter? Was it Lillis? |
O'Donnell |  |
| Maestro? No.
Elite? No.
Heavyweight poster? No.
Able to be rational and not over-react to individual results? Yes. |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 12:54 - Jul 15 with 2162 views | Newbury_Dale | We need two keepers really, so maybe the two who played last night were auditioning for the backup keeper role ? I'd hope we have something better lined up for the starting goalkeeper. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 13:52 - Jul 15 with 2031 views | D_Alien |
| I know things take time.... on 12:54 - Jul 15 by Newbury_Dale | We need two keepers really, so maybe the two who played last night were auditioning for the backup keeper role ? I'd hope we have something better lined up for the starting goalkeeper. |
I'd really hope so too. Good, reliable keepers with proven track records are relatively scarce, especially at this stage of the transfer window. All those who weren't being retained will have known that for some time now Someone mentioned 'momentum' earlier. Our new manager is going to have to generate that, not quite from scratch, but from a considerable loss of such. We need to give him time |  |
|  |
| I know things take time.... on 14:18 - Jul 15 with 1951 views | isitme |
| I know things take time.... on 12:29 - Jul 15 by TVOS1907 | O'Donnell |
And he got dropped for a loan keeper who was not great. |  | |  |
| I know things take time.... on 18:03 - Jul 15 with 1739 views | seasidedale | Brian clough said a good goalkeeper is worth 20 points a season |  | |  |
| |