| The Wait Goes On 09:21 - Sep 30 with 1546 views | SaintNick | Something is going on behind the scenes , this is now the 5th day of the hearing/verdict, thats more days than the EFL took it back in May from start of hearing to end of appeal |  |
| Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime |
| |  |
| The Wait Goes On on 09:29 - Sep 30 with 1506 views | grumpy | Question If what Tonda is responsible of doing is so serious its taken this long why has he been allowed to carry on in his job? |  | |  |
| The Wait Goes On on 09:50 - Sep 30 with 1448 views | BLEEDRED | Saints are only a little club, so who cares!! |  | |  |
| The Wait Goes On on 11:39 - Sep 30 with 1221 views | PatfromPoole | Looks pretty obvious to me that an appeal process is ongoing. I suspect the Club just want to get through the Portsmouth match, and then after that a change can be made if necessary (if the appeal is unsuccessful). |  |
|  |
| The Wait Goes On on 11:47 - Sep 30 with 1208 views | dirk_doone |
| The Wait Goes On on 11:39 - Sep 30 by PatfromPoole | Looks pretty obvious to me that an appeal process is ongoing. I suspect the Club just want to get through the Portsmouth match, and then after that a change can be made if necessary (if the appeal is unsuccessful). |
Yes, if we can make it through to the Pompey game with Tonda still in charge, that won't be such a bad thing at all. Long may we wait! I really don't see Lallana as managerial material and I guess he would be the temporary replacement. [Post edited 30 Sep 11:50]
|  |
|  |
| The Wait Goes On on 12:47 - Sep 30 with 1072 views | A1079 | I don't know why the wait. It is inexplicable but I now think they will throw the book at Eckert and he won't be able to manage in England for a long time. Why? because I think cheating whatever the magnitude is now an issue in football (I am talking about off field cheating rather than the every day stuff we see on the pitch) that the various football authorities want to stamp out once and for all. Of course what Eckert has done pails into insignificance compared to Man City, Chelsea, etc but at the end of the day he still broke the rules and was seeking to gain benefit from it. We are a small club with a relative small fan base. They have no reason to go soft on him and dealing with him severely will be seen as a further example of the FA, EFL, Pl, etc asserting themselves collectively on any wrong doing. I am a huge Eckert fan and I will be sorry to see him go, but in the current climate I cannot see him remaining in his seat. I could well be wrong as clearly I do not know and like everyone not in the know I am doing no more than speculating and second guessing but this my hunch. I just wish they would get on with it and announce the outcome whatever it is..........but timing wise - don't be surprised if it is Friday 9th October! |  | |  |
| The Wait Goes On on 12:52 - Sep 30 with 1054 views | arfurdent | I suspect that as Tonda is German then both the German FA and UEFA will be consulted / involved |  |
| So Long and Thanks for all the Fish |
|  |
| The Wait Goes On on 12:52 - Sep 30 with 1053 views | HytheFerrytales |
| The Wait Goes On on 11:39 - Sep 30 by PatfromPoole | Looks pretty obvious to me that an appeal process is ongoing. I suspect the Club just want to get through the Portsmouth match, and then after that a change can be made if necessary (if the appeal is unsuccessful). |
Surely it's inconceivable that the decision and the appeal can be conducted in secret. Would be a first for me. Eckert's problem is that the EFL handed down the decision to eject us from the play-offs. Eckert was not punished at that time. It's worth remembering that our understandable anger should be tempered by the fact that we still had a game to play to reach the promised land. The EFL is a direct subsidiary of the FA and it the EFL will always defer to them on individual punishments. My long winded point is that I don't think the FA will take the club's punishment in mitigation when dealing with Eckert. He violated whatever law it is and the kangaroo court will have their day in the sun. |  | |  |
| The Wait Goes On on 14:38 - Sep 30 with 857 views | dirk_doone |
| The Wait Goes On on 12:47 - Sep 30 by A1079 | I don't know why the wait. It is inexplicable but I now think they will throw the book at Eckert and he won't be able to manage in England for a long time. Why? because I think cheating whatever the magnitude is now an issue in football (I am talking about off field cheating rather than the every day stuff we see on the pitch) that the various football authorities want to stamp out once and for all. Of course what Eckert has done pails into insignificance compared to Man City, Chelsea, etc but at the end of the day he still broke the rules and was seeking to gain benefit from it. We are a small club with a relative small fan base. They have no reason to go soft on him and dealing with him severely will be seen as a further example of the FA, EFL, Pl, etc asserting themselves collectively on any wrong doing. I am a huge Eckert fan and I will be sorry to see him go, but in the current climate I cannot see him remaining in his seat. I could well be wrong as clearly I do not know and like everyone not in the know I am doing no more than speculating and second guessing but this my hunch. I just wish they would get on with it and announce the outcome whatever it is..........but timing wise - don't be surprised if it is Friday 9th October! |
Ironically, England had to change their flight plans to Mexico as if they didn't get there in time to make their final training session open to the public, they'd have been breaking the FIFA rule, which is the exact opposite of the EFL rule. So, would you call having a secret training session cheating? Having rules in the game which totally contradict each other shows how arbitrary and ridiculous this case is. FIFA is a much greater authority than the EFL so perhaps their rule should be considered more important by the FA. FIFA gave Bielsea their Fair Play Award at the end of his 'spygate' season. [Post edited 30 Sep 14:44]
|  |
|  | Login to get fewer ads
| The Wait Goes On on 09:59 - Oct 1 with 380 views | Bridders2 |
| The Wait Goes On on 12:52 - Sep 30 by HytheFerrytales | Surely it's inconceivable that the decision and the appeal can be conducted in secret. Would be a first for me. Eckert's problem is that the EFL handed down the decision to eject us from the play-offs. Eckert was not punished at that time. It's worth remembering that our understandable anger should be tempered by the fact that we still had a game to play to reach the promised land. The EFL is a direct subsidiary of the FA and it the EFL will always defer to them on individual punishments. My long winded point is that I don't think the FA will take the club's punishment in mitigation when dealing with Eckert. He violated whatever law it is and the kangaroo court will have their day in the sun. |
'Eckert was not punished at that time' Tonda has been seriously punished by the EFL, he has been denied millions in expected pay not being able to compete in the final, if he had won that game, which was a distinct possibility, he's missed out on a new contract. Even if he had lost the final he would have received a lucrative new contract. He has been punished professionally because his team has been weakened by players leaving. The club has been punished but so has Tonda. |  |
|  |
| |