Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This makes for rather grim reading 14:24 - Jan 5 with 7138 viewsLondondale

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/attend.html

Hartlepool's position is a notable one.

This makes for rather grim reading on 14:32 - Jan 5 with 5674 viewsolympicdale

Life is a game of fate.

This makes for rather grim reading on 14:36 - Jan 5 with 5654 viewsKenBoon

This makes for rather grim reading on 14:32 - Jan 5 by olympicdale

I think you'll find this is very serious and will become a big problem. Once upon a time we got higher attendances than Bury, now they average 700 more than us.

Stop nicking other posters gimmicks too.
This makes for rather grim reading on 14:41 - Jan 5 with 5639 viewsolympicdale

This makes for rather grim reading on 14:36 - Jan 5 by KenBoon

I think you'll find this is very serious and will become a big problem. Once upon a time we got higher attendances than Bury, now they average 700 more than us.

Stop nicking other posters gimmicks too.

yes its serious i know but its been talked about over and over again, if fans arnt interested they wont turn up no matter what, you cant force people to go.

noooo, nevahh :P
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 5574 viewsmario

well hopefully under beech we will start wining a few games and play entertaining football again which will help get a few more fans through the doors.

also the clubs advertising of games is shocking. the only thing we have is a little tiny board at the end of the willbuts/sandy lane stands. the club should advertise on the big advertisement board on sandy lane wall. also they are places to advertise on spotland bridge. were ever there is traffic the should advertise as people will be going slow enough to get see it. also any special offers they club do need to be advertised a lot better
This makes for rather grim reading on 15:09 - Jan 5 with 5566 viewsSandy_Lane

the 'pools position is skewed by the cheap season ticket deal they did. Although their numbers might be high, they aren't paying full whack to get in and so the actual revenue generated from the gate will be significantly lower.

I would suggest that it could offer a boost to the team having all those home fans, but as they're doing sh1te at home I won't.
This makes for rather grim reading on 15:14 - Jan 5 with 5547 viewsLondondale

This makes for rather grim reading on 14:32 - Jan 5 by olympicdale

Pardon me for raising a point I thought might be of interest. As a dale fna, it should be of interest to you also.

And the fact that, as you point out, The issue has not gone away, should make my point even more pertinent. The burying of heads in the sand when the obvious problem with attendances raises its head is no way to solve it. Or any other problem.
This makes for rather grim reading on 15:16 - Jan 5 with 5537 viewssteofthedale

It is worth remembering that Hartlepool massively discounted season tickets to boost their home support this season.

Many applauded this initiative at the time.

This is partly the reason why away fans are fleeced to make up some of the shortfall.

Although I am not certain from where the information originates, it has been suggested that, given the poor run of form, those with season tickets are attending in fewer numbers. An unforseen, unintended consequence of the discount is that the less hardcore support lose much less if they decide to spend Saturday afternoons elsewhere.

It would be interesting to know whether this scheme was financially successful over the season.

steofthedale*

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:16 - Jan 5 with 5536 viewsmario

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:09 - Jan 5 by Sandy_Lane

the 'pools position is skewed by the cheap season ticket deal they did. Although their numbers might be high, they aren't paying full whack to get in and so the actual revenue generated from the gate will be significantly lower.

I would suggest that it could offer a boost to the team having all those home fans, but as they're doing sh1te at home I won't.

speaking of of prices, dales are just too high if you ask me. reducing them might get more people evening its self out
Login to get fewer ads

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:22 - Jan 5 with 5521 viewsDaley_Lama

Lowest attendances in the division?

Steve Eyre therefore over achieved in getting us to 23rd.

Poll: DF in or out

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 5467 viewsYorkshire_Dale

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Daley_Lama

Eyre was responsible for the falling attendances,end of.

Lots of fans "fell out of love" with Dale.......now they need to return in numbers.
This makes for rather grim reading on 15:50 - Jan 5 with 5409 viewsphomem

remember that we haven't played Sheff Wed or Utd at home, bury or oldham which will push average attendances up
This makes for rather grim reading on 16:01 - Jan 5 with 5377 viewsLondondale

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:22 - Jan 5 by Daley_Lama

If there was always a direct correlation between attendances and league positions, football would be a very boring game. Though I think your tongue may very well be tongue in cheek here lama!
This makes for rather grim reading on 16:04 - Jan 5 with 5355 viewsShun

Very very grim. I don't think I've ever seen us bottom of any league before.
This makes for rather grim reading on 16:13 - Jan 5 with 5329 viewsKenBoon

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:50 - Jan 5 by phomem

remember that we haven't played Sheff Wed or Utd at home, bury or oldham which will push average attendances up

That's away fans though. It's the home stands where the problems are.
This makes for rather grim reading on 17:09 - Jan 5 with 5242 viewsrafc1984

For what its worth the OP has the right to post this, in fact it is probably the most valueable/interesting thread of the day so far!
The so called "stay away fans" mentioned by other posters on this thread, are not fans at all, they are just part time, glory hunters and jump on when the team are doing well.
RAFC will always have small gates,due to the other clubs around us. TBH i was surprised our average was that high.
I know there are genuine fans that cant get to games through being made redundant and its these true fans that should be targeted for reduced ticket prices.
This makes for rather grim reading on 17:17 - Jan 5 with 5226 viewssurb_dale

This makes for rather grim reading on 15:35 - Jan 5 by Yorkshire_Dale

Eyre was responsible for the falling attendances,end of.

Lots of fans "fell out of love" with Dale.......now they need to return in numbers.

Not sure of the actual figures but dont think our average home attendance last season was all that much more when were winning games.
This makes for rather grim reading on 17:28 - Jan 5 with 5195 viewsDorkingDale

This makes for rather grim reading on 16:04 - Jan 5 by Shun

Very very grim. I don't think I've ever seen us bottom of any league before.

Where have you been for the last 40 years?
This makes for rather grim reading on 18:36 - Jan 5 with 5137 viewsShun

This makes for rather grim reading on 17:28 - Jan 5 by DorkingDale

Where have you been for the last 40 years?

Floating around the celestial reaches of space as nothing more than a fleeting soul. I think.
This makes for rather grim reading on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 5129 viewsShun

This makes for rather grim reading on 17:09 - Jan 5 by rafc1984

For what its worth the OP has the right to post this, in fact it is probably the most valueable/interesting thread of the day so far!
The so called "stay away fans" mentioned by other posters on this thread, are not fans at all, they are just part time, glory hunters and jump on when the team are doing well.
RAFC will always have small gates,due to the other clubs around us. TBH i was surprised our average was that high.
I know there are genuine fans that cant get to games through being made redundant and its these true fans that should be targeted for reduced ticket prices.

You're right, the stay-away fans aren't 'true' fans, so to speak, but it's these people we need to be targeting to transform them into regulars.
This makes for rather grim reading on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 5113 viewsD_Alien

This makes for rather grim reading on 18:36 - Jan 5 by Shun

Floating around the celestial reaches of space as nothing more than a fleeting soul. I think.

What about the previous 40?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

This makes for rather grim reading on 19:00 - Jan 5 with 5098 viewsShun

This makes for rather grim reading on 18:47 - Jan 5 by D_Alien

What about the previous 40?

Probably inhabiting some other corporeal shell - hopefully a Dale fan again. I can't remember that far back though!
This makes for rather grim reading on 19:58 - Jan 5 with 5009 viewsD_Dale

This makes for rather grim reading on 17:17 - Jan 5 by surb_dale

Not sure of the actual figures but dont think our average home attendance last season was all that much more when were winning games.

Last season's average: 3537 (and the promotion season before that was 3450).

The two Sheffield games, bury and Oldham should help, but, unless there's an improvement in the core support, maybe a 15% fall (or 450-500 each game) is on the cards by the end of this season compared to last year.

What might be done is a perennial topic.
This makes for rather grim reading on 17:18 - Jan 8 with 4877 viewsmightydale

This makes for rather grim reading on 19:58 - Jan 5 by D_Dale

Last season's average: 3537 (and the promotion season before that was 3450).

The two Sheffield games, bury and Oldham should help, but, unless there's an improvement in the core support, maybe a 15% fall (or 450-500 each game) is on the cards by the end of this season compared to last year.

What might be done is a perennial topic.

no wonder we get crap attendance rochdale is one big mother fcukin Kebab house.
E.R.A.I

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

This makes for rather grim reading on 17:34 - Jan 8 with 4851 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Worst Ground in League One its were a cross between Hereford United & Torquay United its understandable why these are fighting Relegation every season at this level their a closet Conference North outfit at Best!!

Not worth the pricetag they slammed on Away Fans this season for an Obstructed view

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

This makes for rather grim reading on 17:35 - Jan 8 with 4843 viewsTVOS1907

How did you manage to get a photo from the side stand, Tazzy?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024