Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst Weather Watching the Dale 19:41 - Mar 7 with 4466 viewsVespaDale

Obviously the Carlisle, Andy Fvckeray, window wiper wheel nut trophy game, mistake will pop up a few times...

But mine is - Macc away about 3-4 seasons ago, absolutely leathered it down & people starting to leave before HT as we were drenched & CRAP!!! Macc made it 2-0 round the 50th minute mark so we left. Got to the pub & everybody stripped off & filled the radiators with sodden clothing... Only for Dale to grab a draw 2-2, well worth the drenching!!!
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 19:50 - Mar 7 with 3474 viewsboffley

Accrington away one evening match about 5 years ago. It prompted the rendition from the open terrace end of the immortal chorus---"I'm Rochdale 'till I drown"
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 19:51 - Mar 7 with 3462 views1907

Was just about to say that Macc game stands out for me, absolutely drenched didn't take a waterproof jacket because I was a clever teenager. Absolutely horrendous game and when Murray scored with practically the last kick of the game it all made it worth it.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 20:22 - Mar 7 with 3429 viewsDale23years

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 19:51 - Mar 7 by 1907

Was just about to say that Macc game stands out for me, absolutely drenched didn't take a waterproof jacket because I was a clever teenager. Absolutely horrendous game and when Murray scored with practically the last kick of the game it all made it worth it.

anyone remember grimsby few years ago was posponsed at HT

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 20:33 - Mar 7 with 3415 views442Dale

There was a win at Wigan under Barrow which was bloody horrible. Biting wind and freezing on that open terrace at Springfield Park. Luckily for some strange reason they allowed cars to park up within the ground (still can't work out how that worked) and we spent half time in the old R17automobile warming up.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 20:44 - Mar 7 with 3406 viewsTVOS1907

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 20:33 - Mar 7 by 442Dale

There was a win at Wigan under Barrow which was bloody horrible. Biting wind and freezing on that open terrace at Springfield Park. Luckily for some strange reason they allowed cars to park up within the ground (still can't work out how that worked) and we spent half time in the old R17automobile warming up.

I bet it was added to the petrol bill too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 21:08 - Mar 7 with 3367 viewsEddie_B

Yeah that was cold....remember the urinals being a sheet of frozen piss
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 21:15 - Mar 7 with 3344 viewsBrighouseDale

That game away at Macc a few years ago- I don't think I've ever been as wet, even in my fortnightly bath.

My mate came with me that day and bought a coat from a shop in Macclesfield- and was served by Glen Murray's cousin!

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 21:29 - Mar 7 with 3329 viewsDale_316

that macc game was horrible, left after they scored the second. still dont think im dry yet!!! lol!!

Oh when the dale go marching in

Login to get fewer ads

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 22:24 - Mar 7 with 3283 viewsSalwaDale

I remember that one very well, think that was what made me move here.

As for the Macc game, that was fine I didn't get wet at all. Now I remember why, I was sat at the back of the stand

TBBT

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 22:28 - Mar 7 with 3277 viewsCrede

Swansea at home at the back end of 86/87, during the great escape. The Observer labelled it 'played in monsoon conditions'
This game funnily enough was re-arranged from earlier in the season after Swansea decided not to turn up, and they got docked 3 points, which we tried to claim.
In the end we won them fair and square anyway, BUT THAT WEATHER!

Also, oldham away in the rosebowl, circa-1988, open end, and all umbrella's confiscated as they were deemed as lethal weapons
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 22:50 - Mar 7 with 3256 viewsmiddale

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 21:15 - Mar 7 by BrighouseDale

That game away at Macc a few years ago- I don't think I've ever been as wet, even in my fortnightly bath.

My mate came with me that day and bought a coat from a shop in Macclesfield- and was served by Glen Murray's cousin!

I remember making a great decision that day at Macc to go in the seats - think it wasn't raining at kick off but then the heavens opened.

Also remember another farcical Carlisle away sometime around 1990ish when it started snowing before kick off. We lost 4-0 I think.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 23:57 - Mar 7 with 3230 viewsShun

That Macc trip was impressively wet.

Just for something different though, did anyone go to Dagenham a few years ago? Before they got a roof and seats in the away end it was open terracing and for the first 45 minutes at least it was some of the most torrential HAIL I've ever seen, blowing right into us. My face was cut to shreds by those icy devils.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 00:22 - Mar 8 with 3219 viewsScott_Dale

I remember a few years ago when we played Tranmere at Prenton Park in the Johnstone Paint Trophy. I have never been that frozen in all my life, ridiculously cold and to make matters worse i missed almost all the game due to the amount of fog. If i remember correctly though that was the night Paul Tait scored TWICE! in a 3-2 defeat.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 00:59 - Mar 8 with 3209 viewsmizfit

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 23:57 - Mar 7 by Shun

Just for something different though, did anyone go to Dagenham a few years ago? Before they got a roof and seats in the away end it was open terracing and for the first 45 minutes at least it was some of the most torrential HAIL I've ever seen, blowing right into us. My face was cut to shreds by those icy devils.

cool story bro
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 01:01 - Mar 8 with 3209 viewsNotEyreClue

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 00:22 - Mar 8 by Scott_Dale

I remember a few years ago when we played Tranmere at Prenton Park in the Johnstone Paint Trophy. I have never been that frozen in all my life, ridiculously cold and to make matters worse i missed almost all the game due to the amount of fog. If i remember correctly though that was the night Paul Tait scored TWICE! in a 3-2 defeat.

Correct...I remember there was a steward there that looked like Jeremy Beagle. One of my worst most recently memories was when we played Hartlepool at home in the FA cup. The game ended 0-0 with Keith Barker missing a late one on one - the wind was a disgrace and blew the ball about everywhere, the temperature was freezing and I had the worst pie I've ever had at Spotland. Bad times..

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 01:28 - Mar 8 with 3202 viewsShun

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 00:59 - Mar 8 by mizfit

cool story bro

Lol irony attack.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 01:28 - Mar 8 with 3201 viewsShun

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 00:22 - Mar 8 by Scott_Dale

YES! Epically cold.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 07:07 - Mar 8 with 3183 viewsChockers1

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 01:28 - Mar 8 by Shun

YES! Epically cold.

Coldest grimsby away on new years day about six years ago....I thought I was hard in just a rochdale shirt....not the case.....weather 1 v man 0
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 07:45 - Mar 8 with 3170 viewsrafc1984

Obviously Carlisle away. But Chesterfield away years ago in the cup, was pretty bad. We won 1-0 a Mark Stuart penalty in the 70 min if I remember right...
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 07:58 - Mar 8 with 3164 viewsJumeirahDale

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 21:15 - Mar 7 by BrighouseDale

It was Alfie's cousin!

Definitely Macc away, closely followed by freezing my b*llocks off at Carlisle.

Honourable mention for the trip to Bournemouth last day of last season! Although it was fine during the match, the weather for the rest of that (otherwise brilliant) weekend was disgusting.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 08:48 - Mar 8 with 3150 viewsjudd

Rochdale 5 v York 4.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 09:03 - Mar 8 with 3135 viewsMorden

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 23:57 - Mar 7 by Shun

Can you hear the dry ones sing? No-o No-o
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 09:35 - Mar 8 with 3124 viewsDaley_Lama

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 22:28 - Mar 7 by Crede

Swansea at home at the back end of 86/87, during the great escape. The Observer labelled it 'played in monsoon conditions'
This game funnily enough was re-arranged from earlier in the season after Swansea decided not to turn up, and they got docked 3 points, which we tried to claim.
In the end we won them fair and square anyway, BUT THAT WEATHER!

Also, oldham away in the rosebowl, circa-1988, open end, and all umbrella's confiscated as they were deemed as lethal weapons

The Swansea one from way back always sticks in my mind because of an incident where we (or they) shot, it flew past the keeper but got stuck in a puddle in front of the net at the Pearl Street End, with comical keystone cops events ensuing.

For bitterly cold, Macclesfield about 8 years ago, thought my ears were going to drop off. Left after 60 minutes to go to a pub with a roaring fire.

Equally bad, Doncaster's old ground one night, open terrace, freezing cold.

Also from yonks back, one tuesday night at Scarborough. Same again, just frigging cold.

Poll: DF in or out

Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 09:38 - Mar 8 with 3120 viewsmaybee

Here's a few...

Rain: Carlisle AWS game. Never been as wet...even in the shower.

Cold: Doncaster away in 80's. So cold that Nigeria Mark bought a Bovril and poured it over his feet.

Honourable mention to Accy away a few years ago when it snowed. I had just returned from Thailand that day, so the change in climate really hit home.

Fog: Mansfield, again away in 80's. We stood behind the goal, and could not see beyond the centre circle all match. Abiding memory... suddenly seeing their black centre forward zoom out of the fog...chased a second or two later by our bemused defenders!!! Memory number two: In second half, as we attacked the end we could see...all the Dale fans celebrating numerous "pretend" goals, which could not be seen from the home end.

Snow: Preston away. Game called off about 15 minutes before kick off. Getting off their car park was hilarious!!

Drizzle: Port Vale away , at a guess in late 70's. Possibly a League Cup game, but not sure. There were only about 20 odd Dale fans there, and it never stopped the sort of heavy drizzle that soaks you through all night. To make matters worse, we lost, and then the police kept us in for about 15 minutes at the end.
Worst Weather Watching the Dale on 09:46 - Mar 8 with 3115 viewsSandyman

Rain: That Macc game.

Cold: Bristol Rovers away during the Simpson cup run. Never ever been as cold as that. Even when our minibus broke down in down town Wolverhampton later on in that run, and it was a mere -6 outside.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024