Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
thats why we are going down 18:10 - Mar 31 with 3410 viewsDale_316

showed all the fight and desire to take the bloomin lead then throw it away like that we cant see a game out not good enough
we will b back at underhill before you know it.....

Oh when the dale go marching in

thats why we are going down on 18:12 - Mar 31 with 2805 viewsD_Alien

OK

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

thats why we are going down on 18:16 - Mar 31 with 2775 viewsstuartcryer

we were poor in first half with not a lot of commitment has been the story all season to many players with the cant be bothered attitude, always second to the ball not challenging for balls there is no excuse for that if the effort was there people would be less against them they do not fight like a team in trouble. when we show that effort like we did in the later stages today we can beat anyone .

wardle blue

thats why we are going down on 18:18 - Mar 31 with 2749 viewsD_Alien

thats why we are going down on 18:16 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

we were poor in first half with not a lot of commitment has been the story all season to many players with the cant be bothered attitude, always second to the ball not challenging for balls there is no excuse for that if the effort was there people would be less against them they do not fight like a team in trouble. when we show that effort like we did in the later stages today we can beat anyone .

"we were poor in first half with not a lot of commitment"

Utter bollocks

thats why we are going down on 18:24 - Mar 31 with 2706 viewsrochdale1987

thats why we are going down on 18:18 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

"we were poor in first half with not a lot of commitment"

Utter bollocks

why is that bollocks?
thats why we are going down on 18:31 - Mar 31 with 2678 viewsD_Alien

thats why we are going down on 18:24 - Mar 31 by rochdale1987

why is that bollocks?

Because we were the better side. Carved out more chances than Walsall, the commitment was 100% from everyone (even Grimes), we fell behind to a speculative shot against the run of play, and when fighting back to try and draw level before the break, had the misfortune of an own goal

There's a million miles between going in 0-2 down having fought and looking like an L1 team, and what the post I responded to described.

Yes, the second half was much better, but 0-2 is always a dangerous lead and when we went for broke it paid off. You simply can't start a game with the formation we ended up with! It's simply naive to think that's what can be done for 90 minutes in L1.

thats why we are going down on 19:02 - Mar 31 with 2609 viewssweetcorn

thats why we are going down on 18:31 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Because we were the better side. Carved out more chances than Walsall, the commitment was 100% from everyone (even Grimes), we fell behind to a speculative shot against the run of play, and when fighting back to try and draw level before the break, had the misfortune of an own goal

There's a million miles between going in 0-2 down having fought and looking like an L1 team, and what the post I responded to described.

Yes, the second half was much better, but 0-2 is always a dangerous lead and when we went for broke it paid off. You simply can't start a game with the formation we ended up with! It's simply naive to think that's what can be done for 90 minutes in L1.

Not having that.

We were second best in the first half. admittedly we improved in the second half.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

thats why we are going down on 19:08 - Mar 31 with 2590 viewsmizfit

must have seen a different game to me
we were shocking first half and walsall made us look like a right joke
thats why we are going down on 20:33 - Mar 31 with 2535 viewsD_Alien

Amazing isn't it. The vast majority in the TDS around me were saying how much we were dominating the play in the first half. Then we conceded. Damn!

We got our heads up and although Walsall took some confidence from the goal, we got back on top, and again, everyone around me was saying "its just a matter of time, we'll get one back" Then the ball looped off Widds. 0-2 God damn!!

A fair few of those same people went down into Studds muttering "what a pile of shite"

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to whether their judgement was right or wrong - because if they were right, they'd just f**king well contradicted what they'd been saying for the first 40 minutes

It doesn't surprise me in the least.

Login to get fewer ads

thats why we are going down on 20:38 - Mar 31 with 2522 viewsNotEyreClue

thats why we are going down on 20:33 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Amazing isn't it. The vast majority in the TDS around me were saying how much we were dominating the play in the first half. Then we conceded. Damn!

We got our heads up and although Walsall took some confidence from the goal, we got back on top, and again, everyone around me was saying "its just a matter of time, we'll get one back" Then the ball looped off Widds. 0-2 God damn!!

A fair few of those same people went down into Studds muttering "what a pile of shite"

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to whether their judgement was right or wrong - because if they were right, they'd just f**king well contradicted what they'd been saying for the first 40 minutes

I thought Walsall were the better team in the first half by a fair way to be honest. Second half we played well and they pretty much capitulated, only to rescue a draw with one of the most bizarre goals I've ever seen

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

thats why we are going down on 20:40 - Mar 31 with 2508 viewsD_Alien

thats why we are going down on 20:38 - Mar 31 by NotEyreClue

I thought Walsall were the better team in the first half by a fair way to be honest. Second half we played well and they pretty much capitulated, only to rescue a draw with one of the most bizarre goals I've ever seen

That's fair enough

I'm simply highlighting how easily so many people's opinion on how we performed first half were swayed by the scoreline

Objectivity obviously goes out the window

thats why we are going down on 20:52 - Mar 31 with 2489 viewsMoonyDale

thats why we are going down on 20:40 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

That's fair enough

I'm simply highlighting how easily so many people's opinion on how we performed first half were swayed by the scoreline

When the second goal went in we in the Sandy were dumbstruck, how could we be 2 down? it was a complete fluke of a goal, the first was a cracking finish to be fair but no way were they 2 goals better than us in that 1st 45 minutes, the substitutions changed the game...Adams put some wickedly whipped corners over and we got our reward for some good pressure, and when Obedayi came on he was on fire, we all said we would score a third after the penalty and JLA did the business with a cracking finish. Their 3rd was just soul destroying and proves that this game can sometimes be cruel...There will be a good clear out after the season ends and we will be back amongst the front runners in L2....Bring it on...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

thats why we are going down on 20:57 - Mar 31 with 2478 viewsR17ALE

thats why we are going down on 20:52 - Mar 31 by MoonyDale

When the second goal went in we in the Sandy were dumbstruck, how could we be 2 down? it was a complete fluke of a goal, the first was a cracking finish to be fair but no way were they 2 goals better than us in that 1st 45 minutes, the substitutions changed the game...Adams put some wickedly whipped corners over and we got our reward for some good pressure, and when Obedayi came on he was on fire, we all said we would score a third after the penalty and JLA did the business with a cracking finish. Their 3rd was just soul destroying and proves that this game can sometimes be cruel...There will be a good clear out after the season ends and we will be back amongst the front runners in L2....Bring it on...

It'll be a big ask to be a pace setter next season I fear. It all depends on the budget and recruitment policy.

But, in Uncle John, I think we've the right man!

If he can match £ for £ what he achieved at Accy, we'll be fine!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

thats why we are going down on 20:59 - Mar 31 with 2471 viewsNotEyreClue

That's fair enough

I understand...there are plenty of clueless fans where we stand as well

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

thats why we are going down on 20:59 - Mar 31 with 2470 viewsSuddenLad

thats why we are going down on 20:33 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

Fortunately, I saw the same game as you did.

We dominated, no question, and the speculative shot from which they scored their opener was typical of the goals we have conceded this season. In most cases, the shots could have gone anywhere, but instead they've found the back of the Dale net.

We could have been one goal up within the first 5 minutes, but for some fortuitous defending.

Most players played with grit and guts, and that was what I wanted to see more than anything.

Tables don't lie at this stage of the season, but that wasn't a display you'd expect from a struggling club.

Considering Walsall have lost only once in the last 11 games, they got out of jail today. No wonder they celebrating an equaliser as if they'd won the League.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

thats why we are going down on 23:00 - Mar 31 with 2401 viewsShun

Thought we played well today. You don't have 19 (nineteen!) corners without attacking.
thats why we are going down on 23:12 - Mar 31 with 2380 viewsstuartcryer

thats why we are going down on 20:59 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

Fortunately, I saw the same game as you did.

We dominated, no question, and the speculative shot from which they scored their opener was typical of the goals we have conceded this season. In most cases, the shots could have gone anywhere, but instead they've found the back of the Dale net.

We could have been one goal up within the first 5 minutes, but for some fortuitous defending.

Most players played with grit and guts, and that was what I wanted to see more than anything.

Tables don't lie at this stage of the season, but that wasn't a display you'd expect from a struggling club.

Considering Walsall have lost only once in the last 11 games, they got out of jail today. No wonder they celebrating an equaliser as if they'd won the League.

did you watch a different game or are you really steve eyre

wardle blue

thats why we are going down on 23:40 - Mar 31 with 2353 viewsD_Alien

thats why we are going down on 23:12 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

did you watch a different game or are you really steve eyre

THIS is the standard of debate by those who think we played badly in the first half

thats why we are going down on 00:37 - Apr 1 with 2310 viewsmaybee

I'm afraid I lean towards the "we were awful in the first half" camp.

After a reasonably promising first 10 minutes, we allowed Walsall to dominate in their half of the pitch....which meant that we posed little threat on their goal. Once more, Symes was isolated, and on the rare occasions when we got behind their defence; Grimes was simply too far behind play to be of use.

Their first goal was a good strike from 25 or so yards...but from the half way line, I was disappointed that Lucas didn't get to the ball. It looked like he could have saved it to be honest.

The second goal was a fluke, with Lucas left stranded...not much he could do.

In the second half, we upped the "ante" and withdrew the moaning Grimes. As soon as he'd gone off (much to the annoyance of several wise old sages in front of me) we looked dangerous.
Grimes really is a marmite player...you either love him for the goals he has scored, or you get annoyed with him because he should score so many more, but is held back because he's such a plonker.

Adebayi inparticular, caused them problems whilst JLAA did far more than Grimes (unless you count waving your arms in frustraton, in which case Grimes is in the World 11)

Deservedly, we scored from one of umpteen corners...albeit one of only two or three which were delivered half-decently (WHY does JK take corners when he can't take corners???) and then just after, Symes poked the ball wide with a scuffed side foot when Jack the Kit Man would have scored.

JK then produced a moment of magic, rescuing the ball and turning into the danger area, and forcing a penalty, from which Symes coolly slotted home.

I said at the time, we will go on to win this...and we surely had done enough with a 93rd minute goal.

Whilst I was still jumping around, they went up and scored.... I missed it, although it seems (from those sensible enough to have been watching play...i.e. not our players) as though it could and should have been prevented.

Final whistle... 3-3.

Could have been a drubbing based on how we played just before half time.

Should have been a win based on our spirit in the second half.

Their Argentinian Diving champion may well be a good player (looked like it when he stayed upright) but what a tawt. I have seldom seen such cheating from any opposition player. Disgraceful.

Ended up feeling disappointed with a draw. Glad to see our lads as gutted as I felt at the end. We deserved to win, and thus got my full applause at the end, unlike one of our Directors who ignored the players.

My MOM? Certainly not JK. Possibly JLAA or Obedayi, who certainly made a huge difference when introduced.
thats why we are going down on 00:44 - Apr 1 with 2301 viewssweetcorn

thats why we are going down on 00:37 - Apr 1 by maybee

I'm afraid I lean towards the "we were awful in the first half" camp.

After a reasonably promising first 10 minutes, we allowed Walsall to dominate in their half of the pitch....which meant that we posed little threat on their goal. Once more, Symes was isolated, and on the rare occasions when we got behind their defence; Grimes was simply too far behind play to be of use.

Their first goal was a good strike from 25 or so yards...but from the half way line, I was disappointed that Lucas didn't get to the ball. It looked like he could have saved it to be honest.

The second goal was a fluke, with Lucas left stranded...not much he could do.

In the second half, we upped the "ante" and withdrew the moaning Grimes. As soon as he'd gone off (much to the annoyance of several wise old sages in front of me) we looked dangerous.
Grimes really is a marmite player...you either love him for the goals he has scored, or you get annoyed with him because he should score so many more, but is held back because he's such a plonker.

Adebayi inparticular, caused them problems whilst JLAA did far more than Grimes (unless you count waving your arms in frustraton, in which case Grimes is in the World 11)

Deservedly, we scored from one of umpteen corners...albeit one of only two or three which were delivered half-decently (WHY does JK take corners when he can't take corners???) and then just after, Symes poked the ball wide with a scuffed side foot when Jack the Kit Man would have scored.

JK then produced a moment of magic, rescuing the ball and turning into the danger area, and forcing a penalty, from which Symes coolly slotted home.

I said at the time, we will go on to win this...and we surely had done enough with a 93rd minute goal.

Whilst I was still jumping around, they went up and scored.... I missed it, although it seems (from those sensible enough to have been watching play...i.e. not our players) as though it could and should have been prevented.

Final whistle... 3-3.

Could have been a drubbing based on how we played just before half time.

Should have been a win based on our spirit in the second half.

Their Argentinian Diving champion may well be a good player (looked like it when he stayed upright) but what a tawt. I have seldom seen such cheating from any opposition player. Disgraceful.

Ended up feeling disappointed with a draw. Glad to see our lads as gutted as I felt at the end. We deserved to win, and thus got my full applause at the end, unlike one of our Directors who ignored the players.

My MOM? Certainly not JK. Possibly JLAA or Obedayi, who certainly made a huge difference when introduced.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

I really wanted to be angry after their equaliser, but all i could muster was a disappointed laugh at just how s**t we actually are. all that hard work for nothing (today and the last 4 years). hope we have a big rebuild in the summer and JC gets us up.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

thats why we are going down on 01:11 - Apr 1 with 2291 viewsTVOS1907

That's fair enough

I agree with you here D_Alien.

If we had been as awful in the first half as the scoreline suggests, there would have been booing all round Spotland at the half-time whistle.

As it was, it was a combination of a few muted boos, stunned silence and some polite applause.

However, playing relatively better than in recent games, yet going in 2-0 down, is one of the reasons why we are in our current predicament.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

thats why we are going down on 02:28 - Apr 1 with 2271 viewsPDIDDY

thats why we are going down on 01:11 - Apr 1 by TVOS1907

I agree with you here D_Alien.

If we had been as awful in the first half as the scoreline suggests, there would have been booing all round Spotland at the half-time whistle.

As it was, it was a combination of a few muted boos, stunned silence and some polite applause.

However, playing relatively better than in recent games, yet going in 2-0 down, is one of the reasons why we are in our current predicament.

polite applause

Gissa job

thats why we are going down on 12:09 - Apr 1 with 2121 viewsSFD

Come on fella you normally talk a lot of sense but the first half (first 5 mins excepted) was as bad as anything we have seen all season why play 4-5-1 at home.
Adams and Tipitoes made a big difference as did taking off the woeful debutant.
thats why we are going down on 14:50 - Apr 1 with 2049 viewsD_Alien

thats why we are going down on 12:09 - Apr 1 by SFD

Come on fella you normally talk a lot of sense but the first half (first 5 mins excepted) was as bad as anything we have seen all season why play 4-5-1 at home.
Adams and Tipitoes made a big difference as did taking off the woeful debutant.

So you'd start a game with this lineup?:

Lucas
Amankwaah Long Widdowson
Tutte Kennedy Jones
Adams JLAA Symes Obedayi

3-3-4

Coleman had to change things at 0-2 down, but it would have been suicidal to start with. We didn't start with 4-5-1 either (which of Grimes or Symes played in the midfield 5 ??)

Like everyone else, I was frustrated beyond belief to go in 0-2 down at half time when we'd competed with, and at least matched Walsall in everything but goal count (ok, it matters!!). I'll repeat - the scoreline has unduly influenced people's perception of our first half performance. It's difficult being objective as a fan, but not impossible.

thats why we are going down on 15:46 - Apr 1 with 2004 viewsSFD

thats why we are going down on 14:50 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

So you'd start a game with this lineup?:

Lucas
Amankwaah Long Widdowson
Tutte Kennedy Jones
Adams JLAA Symes Obedayi

3-3-4

Coleman had to change things at 0-2 down, but it would have been suicidal to start with. We didn't start with 4-5-1 either (which of Grimes or Symes played in the midfield 5 ??)

Like everyone else, I was frustrated beyond belief to go in 0-2 down at half time when we'd competed with, and at least matched Walsall in everything but goal count (ok, it matters!!). I'll repeat - the scoreline has unduly influenced people's perception of our first half performance. It's difficult being objective as a fan, but not impossible.

I think we were poor ad lacked ideas in the first half and we never created anything after the first ten minutes.
I wasnt suggesting starting with 3 at the back but 2 up front would be nice.
thats why we are going down on 15:52 - Apr 1 with 1992 viewsDoris

thats why we are going down on 15:46 - Apr 1 by SFD

I think we were poor ad lacked ideas in the first half and we never created anything after the first ten minutes.
I wasnt suggesting starting with 3 at the back but 2 up front would be nice.

first it was 5 mins then 10 we played ok ,do you fall asleep in the game or just have a mental blockage.Also do you agree when ADAMS and ady what the fooks his name came on we played better ,adams dont forget him .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024