Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great result, not a great performance. 22:12 - Oct 23 with 4985 viewsMoonyDale

The scoreline flattered us tonight, first half they were poor we were worse. Things didn't improve second half until the change, Donnelly changed the game with a cracking header from ............wait for it............A cross from what looked suspiciously like Grant out on the wing, the goal repaid a few minutes later from Grant from ..........Wait for it........A cross from Donnelly out on the other flank. If we start with that formation on Saturday we have a chance, if we go with big Dele up front as we did from the start tonight we will struggle. Those who were booing in the Sandy just before the first goal hang your heads in shame, you could see that the players were struggling for confidence and the Boo boys did them no favours, 2 cracking finishes though and 2 superb crosses into the box...Take note JC..
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:16 - Oct 23 with 3099 viewsR17ALE

Agree.

We were saying on the hour mark, that the only way we'd score would be to get behind their full backs and ping in crosses. If you include Kennedy's blocked header on the line that = the only 3 occasions we had width and put in a good cross. Going long and through the middle with Dele was like watching a Barrow side, it really was!

Mind you we could have easily been 2 down at half time. So, a very good 3 points!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:24 - Oct 23 with 3020 viewsSFD

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:16 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

Agree.

We were saying on the hour mark, that the only way we'd score would be to get behind their full backs and ping in crosses. If you include Kennedy's blocked header on the line that = the only 3 occasions we had width and put in a good cross. Going long and through the middle with Dele was like watching a Barrow side, it really was!

Mind you we could have easily been 2 down at half time. So, a very good 3 points!

Unfortunately when Dele is on the pitch we try to play into him all the time, although no Gorgeous Georges biggest fan he does have a bit of pace and Grant and Grimes both get in the game more when he his playing with them, this was the case at Rotheham too.
Great result, not a great performance. on 22:24 - Oct 23 with 3016 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:16 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

Agree.

We pretty much all said the same about watching a Barrow side, don't you just have the awful feeling that the team we ended with tonight will not be the team we start with on Saturday ?

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:43 - Oct 23 with 2890 viewsTalkingSutty

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:24 - Oct 23 by MoonyDale

We pretty much all said the same about watching a Barrow side, don't you just have the awful feeling that the team we ended with tonight will not be the team we start with on Saturday ?

I have to disagree a bit. I think big Dele as been one of our best performers this season and at this level you always need some height and physical presence up front. In Grant,Donnelly and Grimes we have no height,they are all similar players and none of them hold up the ball.

To just discount Dele would be folly, i would start him everytime its just a pity we have no decent service coming in from the flanks. I also disagree with Mooneys comments about Oxford being poor in the first half ,i thought they looked quite good.

A special mention for Cavanagh also, his quality pass to Grant was instrumental in our first goal and he did ok. Its funny how we all see games differently.
Great result, not a great performance. on 22:50 - Oct 23 with 2831 viewsR17ALE

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:43 - Oct 23 by TalkingSutty

I have to disagree a bit. I think big Dele as been one of our best performers this season and at this level you always need some height and physical presence up front. In Grant,Donnelly and Grimes we have no height,they are all similar players and none of them hold up the ball.

To just discount Dele would be folly, i would start him everytime its just a pity we have no decent service coming in from the flanks. I also disagree with Mooneys comments about Oxford being poor in the first half ,i thought they looked quite good.

A special mention for Cavanagh also, his quality pass to Grant was instrumental in our first goal and he did ok. Its funny how we all see games differently.

So why did we win the game after gorgeous George came on for Dele?

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:53 - Oct 23 with 2805 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:43 - Oct 23 by TalkingSutty

Agree about Cav, thought he did ok and put in some nice tackles tonight, I said again tonight that we should try Dele out to the left where Cog used to play. Am a big fan of Dele but we are crying out for some width and with him in the side we look very one dimensional. We actually had a plan B tonight and it worked, am hoping for the same a the weekend but I fear we won't see it.

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:54 - Oct 23 with 2793 viewssweetcorn

Think the OP is being over critical of the team tonight. Yes we weren't great at the start, they however weren't much better to be honest. Think we edged the game in terms of chances and were good for the 3 points.

Cavanagh had a decent game, the majority of his passes were to a rochdale man, strong in the tackle and what a ball for our goal. still didnt get the moaners off his back, they really are pathetic.

Kennedy was my MOM, Worked constantly at both ends of the field and tried to make things happen, grimes was a little quiet in the first half, but came too life in the second half, spraying the ball like paul scholes. Edwards was superb at the back and tutte was his usual self.

Think Rafferty and Mcintyre had nights too forget, but all in all a good three points and great to finally see a win at home, as i missed barnet.

UP THE DALE.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:54 - Oct 23 with 2791 views442Dale

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:50 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

So why did we win the game after gorgeous George came on for Dele?

The formation remained the same - we weren't playing with wide players, Grimes was given a free role, but both Grant and Donnelly ran the channels well to set up the other for goals.

Adebola had done similar before he was subbed and put over a couple of crosses himself. The difference? Maybe it was because the game had become stretched when tiredness had set in, on both goals Oxford were back peddling and not sat in position at the back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:56 - Oct 23 with 2769 viewssweetcorn

Also Adebola has to start, he for me is the focal point of our team.

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:58 - Oct 23 with 2751 viewsShun

Kennedy was excellent tonight, by far his best performance this season. One of Tutte's best games too.
Agree with sweetcorn about the full backs, both of them had unusually poor games today.
Great result, not a great performance. on 22:59 - Oct 23 with 2737 viewsR17ALE

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:54 - Oct 23 by 442Dale

The formation remained the same - we weren't playing with wide players, Grimes was given a free role, but both Grant and Donnelly ran the channels well to set up the other for goals.

Adebola had done similar before he was subbed and put over a couple of crosses himself. The difference? Maybe it was because the game had become stretched when tiredness had set in, on both goals Oxford were back peddling and not sat in position at the back.

You really are a footballing nerd!!!

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:00 - Oct 23 with 2731 views442Dale

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:59 - Oct 23 by R17ALE

You really are a footballing nerd!!!

Aye. But you had to ask.....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:01 - Oct 23 with 2726 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:58 - Oct 23 by Shun

Kennedy was excellent tonight, by far his best performance this season. One of Tutte's best games too.
Agree with sweetcorn about the full backs, both of them had unusually poor games today.

You'd be shocked to know, that when i said kennedy had been man of the match, someone turned round and said i required a blind dog. This moment alone allows me to understand why we have mongs booing our own team.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:02 - Oct 23 with 2717 viewsboromat

I also think Dele has been one of our best performers, early season it worked perfectly as we would play short and then use Dele's height every now and again. The oppositions couldn't handle it. Unfortunately when playing with low confidence it is all to easy to use Dele's height, especially for the younger members of the team. McIntyre should know better! I think we really need to go back to basics. We were trying to play ridiculous passes tonight instead of playing the simple ball. Near the end it was also frustrating instead of keeping the ball we'd just hoof it forward gifting them possession.

On the refs. We have had some bad ones this season and today was another but I cant help but think we bring it on ourselves a little bit. We have a culture at the club at the moment of having a go at officials, throwing our arms up in the air, rolling around on the floor and having little paddys its not nice to see and it doesnt help if anything with a lot of refs it probably hinders, JUST GET ON WITH IT!!! Let us lot do the moaning!

Glad to get three points, a much needed confidence boost.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:02 - Oct 23 with 2710 viewsR17ALE

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:01 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

You'd be shocked to know, that when i said kennedy had been man of the match, someone turned round and said i required a blind dog. This moment alone allows me to understand why we have mongs booing our own team.

Surely, you'd be better off with a dog that could see?

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:05 - Oct 23 with 2691 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 22:54 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

Think the OP is being over critical of the team tonight. Yes we weren't great at the start, they however weren't much better to be honest. Think we edged the game in terms of chances and were good for the 3 points.

Cavanagh had a decent game, the majority of his passes were to a rochdale man, strong in the tackle and what a ball for our goal. still didnt get the moaners off his back, they really are pathetic.

Kennedy was my MOM, Worked constantly at both ends of the field and tried to make things happen, grimes was a little quiet in the first half, but came too life in the second half, spraying the ball like paul scholes. Edwards was superb at the back and tutte was his usual self.

Think Rafferty and Mcintyre had nights too forget, but all in all a good three points and great to finally see a win at home, as i missed barnet.

UP THE DALE.

I don't see anything critical in my post ? The scoreline did flatter us and I don't think anyone would disagree, first half we were poor so were they, in my opinion we were slightly worse. It improved as soon as the change was made, nothing critical in any of that just calling it as I saw it....The boo boys were being overly critical but I am not one of them, not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination but a cracking result.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 2670 viewsboromat

Oh I forgot to say I agree with most peoples ratings of players Kennedy, Tutte, Bennett all brilliant. Cav was better. Full backs poor. One who hasn't been mentioned is Lillis who had a fantastic game and kept us in it a few times with a couple of acrobatics.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:08 - Oct 23 with 2666 viewsdalenumber2

Great result, but match was boring as hell, and being pretty tired I was almost tempted to sneak off home at half time. It would have been a first - I never leave until the final whistle normally. But tonight there was such a miserable atmosphere and not much to shout about on the pitch.
Glad I didn't go home as it was good to see a couple of goals and a win in the end. Everything just feels so flat at Spotland these days though, win, draw or lose. The directors need to be taking this very seriously.
Great result, not a great performance. on 23:10 - Oct 23 with 2654 viewssweetcorn

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:05 - Oct 23 by MoonyDale

I don't see anything critical in my post ? The scoreline did flatter us and I don't think anyone would disagree, first half we were poor so were they, in my opinion we were slightly worse. It improved as soon as the change was made, nothing critical in any of that just calling it as I saw it....The boo boys were being overly critical but I am not one of them, not a good performance by any stretch of the imagination but a cracking result.

To directly quote you.. "first half they were poor we were worse"

Now, i'm no english expert, but i believe that qualifies as critical.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:12 - Oct 23 with 2638 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:10 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

To directly quote you.. "first half they were poor we were worse"

Now, i'm no english expert, but i believe that qualifies as critical.

No that is just stating what I witnessed, if you think we were the better side and we played well in the first half then I applaud you for being easily pleased.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:15 - Oct 23 with 2620 viewssweetcorn

crit·i·cal (krt-kl)
adj.
1. Inclined to judge severely and find fault.

If you are critical, then that generally means you're criticising the team, which you did, by saying we were poor.

Please grasp the english language before we carry on this debate.

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:16 - Oct 23 with 2612 viewschuckleberry

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:08 - Oct 23 by dalenumber2

Great result, but match was boring as hell, and being pretty tired I was almost tempted to sneak off home at half time. It would have been a first - I never leave until the final whistle normally. But tonight there was such a miserable atmosphere and not much to shout about on the pitch.
Glad I didn't go home as it was good to see a couple of goals and a win in the end. Everything just feels so flat at Spotland these days though, win, draw or lose. The directors need to be taking this very seriously.

It's not often I agree with everything you say but tonight I do. I couldn't even be arsed to move when we scored.

What has gone so horribly wrong this season?
Great result, not a great performance. on 23:17 - Oct 23 with 2603 viewsD_Alien

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:15 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

crit·i·cal (krt-kl)
adj.

If you are critical, then that generally means you're criticising the team, which you did, by saying we were poor.

A bit selective there, sweetie

Different sources define critical thinking variously as:
"reasonable reflective thinking focused on deciding what to believe or do"[3]
"thinking about thinking"[4]
"the intellectually disciplined process of actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or evaluating information gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience, reflection, reasoning, or communication, as a guide to belief and action"[5]
"purposeful, self-regulatory judgment which results in interpretation, analysis, evaluation, and inference, as well as explanation of the evidential, conceptual, methodological, criteriological, or contextual considerations upon which that judgment is based"[6]
" includes a commitment to using reason in the formulation of our beliefs"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:20 - Oct 23 with 2581 viewsMoonyDale

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:15 - Oct 23 by sweetcorn

crit·i·cal (krt-kl)
adj.

Google is a wonderful thing isn't it ? unless of course you sit with a dictionary by your side which I very much doubt. To quote you in response " over critical" In no way was my post over critical, merely offering my opinion on the game I witnessed, you may now go back and look up the meaning of your oft used word "mong" then look in the mirror....

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:21 - Oct 23 with 2573 viewsroccydaleian

Great result, not a great performance. on 23:16 - Oct 23 by chuckleberry

It's not often I agree with everything you say but tonight I do. I couldn't even be arsed to move when we scored.

What has gone so horribly wrong this season?

We're up to sixth or summat, so rejoice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024