Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Renewal 11:22 - Jan 13 with 11608 viewsVespaDale

So a headcount of just messageboard posters, how many AREN'T renewing next season?

Thinking of not renewing?

See if the board take note of the numbers...
Season Ticket Renewal on 16:09 - Jan 13 with 1681 viewsNIGELdale

wont be renewing cant afford to waste money on total rubbish if the board have the balls to sack coleman might consider my 7 year old said to me dad can we support someone else how depressing.only see one thing on saturday a total hammering.this management team are a waste of time coleman out
Season Ticket Renewal on 16:11 - Jan 13 with 1662 viewsjudd

Season Ticket Renewal on 15:10 - Jan 13 by Toffeemanc

Won't be renewing mine or my teenagers if Coleman is still at the club. Around £350 I won't be spending on shirts,pies & programmes as well.

Is that per game?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:17 - Jan 13 with 1647 viewsDaley_Lama

Toying with not renewing but only because it's no longer financially worth ne getting one.

Work drags me away so much that I miss mid-week home games and then you chuck in all of the special promotions people beg for and I would save money by paying for individual matches.

Will prob end up renewing though, cos I'm stupid. Sounds like I wont struggle to get my free pie next season!

Poll: DF in or out

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:32 - Jan 13 with 1622 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:00 - Jan 13 by windowsbug

My apologies if I have offended anyone.
I just added my post without reading the whole thread.
If it can be done the moderators can remove the post with my blessing.
I have chosen the wrong words but the context of my post can't be changed.

One of the 47

wb, you've completely misconstrued my post. In my previous post to yours (by 2 minutes) I also pointed out that using the term "cancer" to reflect the current diseased state of affairs at the club was actually quite apt, and should in no way be regarded as disrespectful to anyone.

I've lost relatives to cancer quite recently. I'm actually quite saddened that you thought it necessary to issue a "politically-correct" apology!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:46 - Jan 13 with 1587 viewswindowsbug

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:32 - Jan 13 by D_Alien

wb, you've completely misconstrued my post. In my previous post to yours (by 2 minutes) I also pointed out that using the term "cancer" to reflect the current diseased state of affairs at the club was actually quite apt, and should in no way be regarded as disrespectful to anyone.

I've lost relatives to cancer quite recently. I'm actually quite saddened that you thought it necessary to issue a "politically-correct" apology!

I didn't read the whole thread, and was probably writing my post as yours was added. That will teach me not to dive straight in.
But I still won't be renewing untill Coleman is relieved of his duties.

One of the 47
Season Ticket Renewal on 17:42 - Jan 13 with 1546 viewsNinco

I'm going to wait until the end of the season and make a decision then, but if Coleman's still in charge, it looks doubtful. It's not only the losses that bothers me. It's the uninspiring and uninteresting football we've had to endure that puts me off.
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:28 - Jan 13 with 1495 viewsfermin

I will almost certainly renew regardless. Being an exile, having a season ticket is not a means of saving money over the season but more a demonstration of commitment to the club. In the past I used to get to enough home games to break even but as I rarely get to midweek home games these days I make a loss on it, which I am fortunate enough to be able to deal with financially. I have to spend quite a lot just to get to home games so the comparatively small 'loss' I make on missing home games is not really an issue for me.

However, I have to say that I do go to fewer and fewer away games these days, even if they are down south close to me, but this is not directly the result of Coleman etc as it is something that I have found myself doing more and more over recent years. Dagenham was my first away game since Plymouth, which would have been unheard of five or so years ago. I do not find it as difficult or as unacceptable to miss games as I used to, even when the football was pretty bad (eg under Barrow). Once you start justifying to yourself missing games you would normally have gone to it is increasingly easy to do so again and again.

After the Wimbledon away game, my Wimbledon-supporting colleague lambasted us as the most appallingly behaved club they had seen in years. I thought he was exaggerating and defended us. I have to admit I still don't see it as much as others do on here (perhaps because of the number of games I have missed), but it is increasingly obvious to me that the rest of you cannot be wrong. With the recent incident at Dagenham I am expecting my colleague to give me more 'criticism' of our club, and I feel now I will not be able to defend us as much as I did at the start of the season. I find that rather dispiriting.
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 1485 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:28 - Jan 13 by fermin

I will almost certainly renew regardless. Being an exile, having a season ticket is not a means of saving money over the season but more a demonstration of commitment to the club. In the past I used to get to enough home games to break even but as I rarely get to midweek home games these days I make a loss on it, which I am fortunate enough to be able to deal with financially. I have to spend quite a lot just to get to home games so the comparatively small 'loss' I make on missing home games is not really an issue for me.

However, I have to say that I do go to fewer and fewer away games these days, even if they are down south close to me, but this is not directly the result of Coleman etc as it is something that I have found myself doing more and more over recent years. Dagenham was my first away game since Plymouth, which would have been unheard of five or so years ago. I do not find it as difficult or as unacceptable to miss games as I used to, even when the football was pretty bad (eg under Barrow). Once you start justifying to yourself missing games you would normally have gone to it is increasingly easy to do so again and again.

After the Wimbledon away game, my Wimbledon-supporting colleague lambasted us as the most appallingly behaved club they had seen in years. I thought he was exaggerating and defended us. I have to admit I still don't see it as much as others do on here (perhaps because of the number of games I have missed), but it is increasingly obvious to me that the rest of you cannot be wrong. With the recent incident at Dagenham I am expecting my colleague to give me more 'criticism' of our club, and I feel now I will not be able to defend us as much as I did at the start of the season. I find that rather dispiriting.

It's disappointing that your Wimbledon colleague used the word 'club'.

I doubt the directors and fans did anything that day to irk them so much.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:50 - Jan 13 with 1457 viewsfermin

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:34 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

It's disappointing that your Wimbledon colleague used the word 'club'.

I doubt the directors and fans did anything that day to irk them so much.

Well, I can't remember the precise words he used, but he was referring to what the playing and coaching staff were up to. I am sure he knows nothing about our directors and was not referring to them.
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:51 - Jan 13 with 1461 viewsjohnofheywood

I will be renewing my season ticket because that is the best way I can support the club off the terraces. I realised a few years ago that managers and players (with one or two notable exceptions) are mercenaries - they are here for the money. Nothing wrong with that, I only go to work for the money - sad but true. But when players kiss the badge etc, I know it is mostly just for show. If a higher level club comes in they will be off. If they are a manager they will probably take our best players with them. The one constant in and out is the supporters I stand with. Some are friends, some I just say hello to, some I just nod to, some p*ss me off, but in the main they ARE the club to me. I put my money in each season before a ball is kicked to enable the club to fund over the summer, and hopefully help pay the wages of a player who can actually pass, tackle or score depending on his role.
Now, lets take this to it's logical conclusion - we all decide not to renew this summer as a protest at the players/ manager/ board etc. The club runs out of money. Will we still have a club to come to to watch win, lose, applaud, cheer or sometimes boo or will there be an 'exclusive development of 3 bed executive houses' on the site of what used to be Spotland?If we are lucky they might name some of the roads after ex-players. Only a thought!
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 1445 viewsVespaDale

When you do other things on a Saturday afternoon (I play football now much more enjoyable, good laff & cheaper) it becomes the norm... Then you start watching SSN for any goals (against)... I wouldnt miss a game years ago, then got a few Dale tattoos, it was my life, didn't go on holidays all money went on ale & Dale, now they're a football club 300 yards from my house who I still love but I can follow from afar...

Board are you reading these comments???
Season Ticket Renewal on 21:43 - Jan 13 with 1411 viewsPDIDDY

Season Ticket Renewal on 12:40 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Will probably renew but am not sure yet about other commitments.

Part time supporter

Gissa job

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:47 - Jan 13 with 1410 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:43 - Jan 13 by PDIDDY

Part time supporter

Keep trying.

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:50 - Jan 13 with 1391 viewsPDIDDY

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:47 - Jan 13 by TVOS1907

Keep trying.

Keep replying.

Gissa job

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:51 - Jan 13 with 1395 viewsDaley_Lama

Who on earth is there out there with the burning passion for #RAFC and journalism to fill the void if you call it a day?

Poll: DF in or out

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 1388 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:51 - Jan 13 by Daley_Lama

Who on earth is there out there with the burning passion for #RAFC and journalism to fill the void if you call it a day?

Dunno.

#justsayin

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:54 - Jan 13 with 1376 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:50 - Jan 13 by PDIDDY

Keep replying.

Maybe I will.

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:54 - Jan 13 with 1373 viewsphomem

A previous thread was printed out for the chairman this would be a perfect one to be waved in front of the board. When seasoned supporters are saying enoughs enough its a sad state of affairs
Season Ticket Renewal on 23:28 - Jan 13 with 1333 viewsVespaDale

It was 1 of the reasons why I started it...

They read it obviously, so have to take note of seasoned supporters abandoning ship & possibly the program editor!!!
Season Ticket Renewal on 00:25 - Jan 14 with 1318 viewsjudoka49

Season Ticket Renewal on 11:25 - Jan 13 by ashes

As it currently stands NO I won't be renewing and that's my son also.

Nor me and my boy, gold bond jacked and I won't be renewing my advertising board either ( unless rent a pillock and his bum chum go)
Season Ticket Renewal on 00:52 - Jan 14 with 1298 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Season Ticket Renewal on 21:54 - Jan 13 by phomem

A previous thread was printed out for the chairman this would be a perfect one to be waved in front of the board. When seasoned supporters are saying enoughs enough its a sad state of affairs

May as well spray paint it on the pitch - wont matter!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Season Ticket Renewal on 08:10 - Jan 14 with 1259 viewsRippDale

No. I'm used to us losing games over many years but its the style of play, blatant cheating and the constant aggressive manner of the management to officials and the away dugout.

The club has been taken so far backwards in 12 months it will be tough to recover
Season Ticket Renewal on 08:36 - Jan 14 with 1250 viewsG_Dale

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:51 - Jan 13 by johnofheywood

I will be renewing my season ticket because that is the best way I can support the club off the terraces. I realised a few years ago that managers and players (with one or two notable exceptions) are mercenaries - they are here for the money. Nothing wrong with that, I only go to work for the money - sad but true. But when players kiss the badge etc, I know it is mostly just for show. If a higher level club comes in they will be off. If they are a manager they will probably take our best players with them. The one constant in and out is the supporters I stand with. Some are friends, some I just say hello to, some I just nod to, some p*ss me off, but in the main they ARE the club to me. I put my money in each season before a ball is kicked to enable the club to fund over the summer, and hopefully help pay the wages of a player who can actually pass, tackle or score depending on his role.
Now, lets take this to it's logical conclusion - we all decide not to renew this summer as a protest at the players/ manager/ board etc. The club runs out of money. Will we still have a club to come to to watch win, lose, applaud, cheer or sometimes boo or will there be an 'exclusive development of 3 bed executive houses' on the site of what used to be Spotland?If we are lucky they might name some of the roads after ex-players. Only a thought!

I don't think people are not renewing as a protest about Coleman. Read the thread properly and countless other ones too. People don't want to watch this 'football' and all the sh1t that comes with it. I haven't actually heard the word protest used (although I may be wrong)

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Season Ticket Renewal on 10:04 - Jan 14 with 1213 viewsMilnDale

I’m seriously considering not renewing my season ticket next year (had one for the last 8 years) as it will cost another £80 or so for my son who is now 8. He’s had a free under 7’s ticket that I get with my adult ticket. Just can’t justify spending well over £400 for the two of us. We will still go to some games, just have to be a bit more selective in future. Sad times indeed.
Season Ticket Renewal on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 1110 viewsColDale

Season Ticket Renewal on 08:36 - Jan 14 by G_Dale

I don't think people are not renewing as a protest about Coleman. Read the thread properly and countless other ones too. People don't want to watch this 'football' and all the sh1t that comes with it. I haven't actually heard the word protest used (although I may be wrong)

I think that is a very crucial point. There are mischief makers out there who are quite happy to blame this messageboard for everything, and this thread could easily be misconstrued and used to paint a vulgar picture of the messageboard users (which is a significant proportion of the match attending supporters).

There is no call for supporters to boycott season tickets. This thread merely reflects the number of loyal supporters who for their own reasons feel that renewing season tickets this year is not worth the financial sacrifices they would have to make to do so. I don't think anyone has posted in such a way to encourage others to follow suit. These people aren't disloyal or fairweather supporters, they are genuine supporters who just don't feel it right now. I'll be renewing, as will many others but that doesn't make us better supporters than those who don't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024