Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Renewal 11:22 - Jan 13 with 11621 viewsVespaDale

So a headcount of just messageboard posters, how many AREN'T renewing next season?

Thinking of not renewing?

See if the board take note of the numbers...
Season Ticket Renewal on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 1710 viewsDale_Pea

There will be no season ticket from me due to work commitments, and I can't see either of my brothers or my dad showing a great deal of interest either. That sentence was almost unthinkable little over a year ago.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Season Ticket Renewal on 17:47 - Jan 15 with 1671 viewsShun

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:33 - Jan 15 by Dale_Pea

There will be no season ticket from me due to work commitments, and I can't see either of my brothers or my dad showing a great deal of interest either. That sentence was almost unthinkable little over a year ago.

It won't be the same without you and your clan!
Season Ticket Renewal on 18:30 - Jan 15 with 1641 viewsDale_Pea

Season Ticket Renewal on 17:47 - Jan 15 by Shun

It won't be the same without you and your clan!

If you need us, we'll be hovering around the jukebox in the Cem.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Season Ticket Renewal on 18:37 - Jan 15 with 1640 viewsTalkingSutty

Season Ticket Renewal on 16:20 - Jan 15 by ColDale

I think that is a very crucial point. There are mischief makers out there who are quite happy to blame this messageboard for everything, and this thread could easily be misconstrued and used to paint a vulgar picture of the messageboard users (which is a significant proportion of the match attending supporters).

There is no call for supporters to boycott season tickets. This thread merely reflects the number of loyal supporters who for their own reasons feel that renewing season tickets this year is not worth the financial sacrifices they would have to make to do so. I don't think anyone has posted in such a way to encourage others to follow suit. These people aren't disloyal or fairweather supporters, they are genuine supporters who just don't feel it right now. I'll be renewing, as will many others but that doesn't make us better supporters than those who don't.

It doesnt make us better supporters...... just dafter
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Season Ticket Renewal on 19:06 - Jan 15 with 1616 viewsShun

Season Ticket Renewal on 18:30 - Jan 15 by Dale_Pea

If you need us, we'll be hovering around the jukebox in the Cem.

Don't worry, I see you walking past my house on an almost daily basis!
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:07 - Jan 15 with 1573 viewsPops2

Season Ticket Renewal on 11:44 - Jan 13 by R17ALE

It's a probable no from me too. Never say never! I will use the saved money towards a holiday.

Razzle, where are you off on your jollies? A week in Heywood ain't a holiday pal.
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:11 - Jan 15 with 1570 viewsKenBoon

I paid for three season tickets for quite a while. Last year it went down to one. I made the decision this year to stop renewing and play it on a match to match basis. One reason for this was I didn't like the way we went down last season. We sold and sold and never replaced. If I want to support a business i'll buy some shares in a highstreet retailer, but i'm a Football Fan and part of being a fan is seeing a team on a pitch and some ambition.

This season i've been to four home matches. In those i've seen one good performance, one okay performance and two absolutely abysmal performances. For years a decent team masked our ineptness off the pitch. Whilst our team was beating the likes of Southampton home and away, we were doing absolutely zilch to build on it. It is that, more than flogging O'Grady and never replacing him, which is the most frustrating thing.

So now we're left with a horrible team. A crowd full or bile and still ineptness when it comes to taking the club forward. Will I be buying a season ticket again next season? Absolutely not. For too long our club depended on the 'faithful 2000'. For the sake of RAFC its time for plan b (not the shitty singer who's probably never been on our tannoy). If this continues then the only way is down. Time we were dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era.
Season Ticket Renewal on 20:14 - Jan 15 with 1562 viewsPops2

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:11 - Jan 15 by KenBoon

I paid for three season tickets for quite a while. Last year it went down to one. I made the decision this year to stop renewing and play it on a match to match basis. One reason for this was I didn't like the way we went down last season. We sold and sold and never replaced. If I want to support a business i'll buy some shares in a highstreet retailer, but i'm a Football Fan and part of being a fan is seeing a team on a pitch and some ambition.

This season i've been to four home matches. In those i've seen one good performance, one okay performance and two absolutely abysmal performances. For years a decent team masked our ineptness off the pitch. Whilst our team was beating the likes of Southampton home and away, we were doing absolutely zilch to build on it. It is that, more than flogging O'Grady and never replacing him, which is the most frustrating thing.

So now we're left with a horrible team. A crowd full or bile and still ineptness when it comes to taking the club forward. Will I be buying a season ticket again next season? Absolutely not. For too long our club depended on the 'faithful 2000'. For the sake of RAFC its time for plan b (not the shitty singer who's probably never been on our tannoy). If this continues then the only way is down. Time we were dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era.

I thought the 3 seats were all for yourself then for a minute. I had visions of Big Cyril.
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:24 - Jan 15 with 1550 viewsBartRowou

Was dragged to Dale in 85. Started going by myself in 86: a home match was a 20 minute walk, 50 minute bus journey, 20 minute walk from the bus station and the reverse on the way home. All of this began at the age of 13/14.
In the process, I survived two potential muggings, being asked to join "The Chosen Few", walking through the shopping centre/subways after night games (very scary), a few skirmishes and the lad who used to sing Springsteen songs in Rochdale Bus Station.
I'll be there next season, the season after and the season after that.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:25 - Jan 15 with 1547 views442Dale

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:24 - Jan 15 by BartRowou

Was dragged to Dale in 85. Started going by myself in 86: a home match was a 20 minute walk, 50 minute bus journey, 20 minute walk from the bus station and the reverse on the way home. All of this began at the age of 13/14.
In the process, I survived two potential muggings, being asked to join "The Chosen Few", walking through the shopping centre/subways after night games (very scary), a few skirmishes and the lad who used to sing Springsteen songs in Rochdale Bus Station.
I'll be there next season, the season after and the season after that.

In the Willbutts?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Renewal on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 1514 viewsR17ALE

Season Ticket Renewal on 20:07 - Jan 15 by Pops2

Razzle, where are you off on your jollies? A week in Heywood ain't a holiday pal.

I'll let you choose Pops!

I was thinking somewhere in Britain.

Scarborough, Blackpool, or Rhyl.

I'll let you be my tour operator!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Season Ticket Renewal on 22:27 - Jan 15 with 1503 viewsphomem

Season Ticket Renewal on 22:23 - Jan 15 by R17ALE

Skeggy?
Season Ticket Renewal on 22:48 - Jan 15 with 1481 viewsPops2

Season Ticket Renewal on 22:23 - Jan 15 by R17ALE

Britain is shite. Get yourself over to Poland because all the blokes are over here and the birds over there are pretty fit, plus the ale is cheap. Cheap flights from Liverpool to Krakow with Wizz Air.
Season Ticket Renewal on 13:15 - Jan 16 with 1438 viewsSandy_Lane

The way I see it supporting the Dale is a bit like being a parent.

You're not just behind them as long as their doing well, you have to dig in when they're going off the rails a bit and doing things you wouldn't want them to do.

That's what makes me :-/ about some of the abuse that gets shouted from the stands at the players (Lillis especially) while the game's on. Surely we should be trying to encourage the players, like you would your kids. Not trying to make them feel like losers. That's the opposition fans' job.

That's just the way I see it. I'm not trying to suggest everyone has to think like that. It's your life, I can't live it for you!
Season Ticket Renewal on 13:46 - Jan 16 with 1410 viewsD_Alien

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:15 - Jan 16 by Sandy_Lane

The way I see it supporting the Dale is a bit like being a parent.

You're not just behind them as long as their doing well, you have to dig in when they're going off the rails a bit and doing things you wouldn't want them to do.

That's what makes me :-/ about some of the abuse that gets shouted from the stands at the players (Lillis especially) while the game's on. Surely we should be trying to encourage the players, like you would your kids. Not trying to make them feel like losers. That's the opposition fans' job.

That's just the way I see it. I'm not trying to suggest everyone has to think like that. It's your life, I can't live it for you!

Interesting perspective SL, and you're right - not everyone will see it that way!

Or if they do, and seeing this thread is about ST renewal - just how long should you go on supporting offspring financially if they squander their resources and then expect you to keep coughing up?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:55 - Jan 16 with 1391 viewsStAnnesDale

What the majority of people are saying is that mid-table 4th division football post Hill is no longer good enough. Given our crowds anything above bottom 4 is actually a bonus based purely on support. Only Barnet, Dagenham and Accrington have similar size crowds and these days we are not bigger than any of them, although our facilities are much better.

As more people make knee-jerk reactions to stop going and want the management replacing every year (unless we fluke another Hill), then the club will slowly die as we become a conference club and a small one at that.

Am not sure why it is up to Dunphy or the directors to solely turn this around. If more people attended or refrained from not attending then the club would have the money to sign better players or replace the management team as often as people want.
Season Ticket Renewal on 16:44 - Jan 16 with 1348 views442Dale

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:55 - Jan 16 by StAnnesDale

What the majority of people are saying is that mid-table 4th division football post Hill is no longer good enough. Given our crowds anything above bottom 4 is actually a bonus based purely on support. Only Barnet, Dagenham and Accrington have similar size crowds and these days we are not bigger than any of them, although our facilities are much better.

As more people make knee-jerk reactions to stop going and want the management replacing every year (unless we fluke another Hill), then the club will slowly die as we become a conference club and a small one at that.

Am not sure why it is up to Dunphy or the directors to solely turn this around. If more people attended or refrained from not attending then the club would have the money to sign better players or replace the management team as often as people want.

Maybe more people would be attending now and even when we were in L1 if the club had capitalised on the Centenary season and then when we went up. It was all about developing and retaining a fanbase that wasn't wholly dependent on results.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Renewal on 07:26 - Jan 22 with 1287 viewsVespaDale

Any changes of mind now??
Season Ticket Renewal on 12:06 - Jan 22 with 1208 viewsdownunder

Season Ticket Renewal on 07:26 - Jan 22 by VespaDale

Any changes of mind now??

I reckon CD read this thread over the weekend.
Season Ticket Renewal on 13:12 - Jan 22 with 1156 viewsVespaDale

I think if theres a glimmer of what we had 1st time around, then majority of this thread will reverse their decision
Season Ticket Renewal on 13:14 - Jan 22 with 1146 viewsTTNYear

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:12 - Jan 22 by VespaDale

I think if theres a glimmer of what we had 1st time around, then majority of this thread will reverse their decision

Absolutely... JC's team was not worth my money, if Hill happens to get anywhere near what we had last time then I may be in the market again.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:23 - Jan 22 with 1111 viewsBartRowou

He's only here till 31.5.13. That shouldn't affect next year's season ticket sales. It could all go wrong, we end up in the Conference and JC and JB get reappointed.

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:36 - Jan 22 with 1077 viewsKenBoon

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:23 - Jan 22 by BartRowou

He's only here till 31.5.13. That shouldn't affect next year's season ticket sales. It could all go wrong, we end up in the Conference and JC and JB get reappointed.

It might be a good time to try and flog some half-season tickets though.
Season Ticket Renewal on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 1066 viewsBartRowou

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:36 - Jan 22 by KenBoon

It might be a good time to try and flog some half-season tickets though.

Good point and it makes sense financially.
It disappoints me now though that we seem to have a fan base that will only turn up when it suits them and not because they support Rochdale. Those struggling with money I can understand. It's the ones who expect us only to be hitting the heights of Hill's first reign who need a reality check.

Season Ticket Renewal on 14:43 - Jan 22 with 1038 viewsDorsetDale

Season Ticket Renewal on 13:42 - Jan 22 by BartRowou

Good point and it makes sense financially.
It disappoints me now though that we seem to have a fan base that will only turn up when it suits them and not because they support Rochdale. Those struggling with money I can understand. It's the ones who expect us only to be hitting the heights of Hill's first reign who need a reality check.

I think you're right in saying those that expect constant dizzy hights are somewhat unrealistic, thankfully there are very few!

However, having listened to Dunphy's interview, it's quite clear that he does take note of fans feelings and reasons for non-attendance.

It was mentioned a little while ago that CD may have been so busy in general that at least one eye wasn't seeing what was patently obvious to the rest of us. In fact, in relation to fans general dislike of Coleman he actually admits as much in that interview.

In other words, when the football on offer is as bad as it has been, note is taken of the numbers of stay-aways over a given period and (coupled with emails and discussion with fans - on this occasion dagenham was mentioned) the board will and do act.

Maybe if those stay-aways had carried on watching, action wouldn't have been so forthcoming.

One thing's for sure, IF the game is on I'll be making the trip to Cheltenham, 24 hours ago I wouldn't have even considered going.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024