Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Port Vale 10:21 - Apr 3 with 9450 viewslurker

Looking to take over our ground on 13th April, it would seem

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Rochdale-trip-ticket/story-185874

Port Vale on 10:27 - Apr 3 with 7456 viewsHopwoodblue

Thats good news for our coffers,lets try and accommodate them as best we can.
Then spoil their party!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Port Vale on 10:32 - Apr 3 with 7428 viewsBartRowou

We could do with Plymouth needing something on the last day (and not us) as I reckon they'd fill the Wilbutts too.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Port Vale on 10:37 - Apr 3 with 7414 viewsMoonyDale

They won't even fill the away stand, don't see it being a problem so am not sure what the ongoing talks are all about....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Port Vale on 10:44 - Apr 3 with 7400 viewsHopwoodblue

Good shout we might as well make money out of other peoples misery were ever possible.Thats why I'm not to bothered about Portsmouth coming down as I think they will bring a decent away following.If anyone can remember last time they came,as I recall they arrived on a special (train) early morning, and broke into the ground and sprayed they goalposts after having a game of football at Spotland!

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Port Vale on 11:25 - Apr 3 with 7303 viewspaulscho

Port Vale on 10:44 - Apr 3 by Hopwoodblue

Good shout we might as well make money out of other peoples misery were ever possible.Thats why I'm not to bothered about Portsmouth coming down as I think they will bring a decent away following.If anyone can remember last time they came,as I recall they arrived on a special (train) early morning, and broke into the ground and sprayed they goalposts after having a game of football at Spotland!

Hopefully just like the day we burst Hartlepools promotion party .
On a brighter notes 2 big bucket derby matches to look forward to next season !!
Fingers crossed the buckets to join them .

livinginadalewonderland

Port Vale on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 7271 viewsColDale

If we can fill the away end for the last two home games, that'll pay the wages for two players for next season (assuming the Police bill isn't too high)
Port Vale on 11:42 - Apr 3 with 7242 viewspaulscho

Port Vale on 11:34 - Apr 3 by ColDale

If we can fill the away end for the last two home games, that'll pay the wages for two players for next season (assuming the Police bill isn't too high)

We have 100 stewards for every home game anyway ,so give them something to do for a change .

livinginadalewonderland

Port Vale on 11:44 - Apr 3 with 7234 viewslurker

Port Vale on 11:34 - Apr 3 by ColDale

Lee Hughes plays for Vale so there goes the police bill thing for that game

Login to get fewer ads

Port Vale on 12:22 - Apr 3 with 7129 viewsfermin

Port Vale on 11:25 - Apr 3 by paulscho

Hopefully just like the day we burst Hartlepools promotion party .
On a brighter notes 2 big bucket derby matches to look forward to next season !!
Fingers crossed the buckets to join them .

Although I was obviously happy to win the Hartlepool game, I did feel a bit sorry that we ruined their chances of getting the title as I think of them as a similar sort of club to us. I would not feel the same at all about possibly scuppering Port Vale's promotion push given their idiotic behaviour on here after we dared to draw at Vale Park.
Port Vale on 12:25 - Apr 3 with 7119 viewsjudd

Port Vale on 12:22 - Apr 3 by fermin

Although I was obviously happy to win the Hartlepool game, I did feel a bit sorry that we ruined their chances of getting the title as I think of them as a similar sort of club to us. I would not feel the same at all about possibly scuppering Port Vale's promotion push given their idiotic behaviour on here after we dared to draw at Vale Park.

That Hartlepool game had just about everything.

Wonderful day and evening at the presentation night.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Port Vale on 12:46 - Apr 3 with 7045 views442Dale

Port Vale on 12:25 - Apr 3 by judd

The second half of that season was one of my favourite times as a fan. The whole 'no fear' philosophy existed then more than at any other time, with no pressures of expectancy or where we needed to be. Every game was an entertainment event to look forward to.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Port Vale on 12:46 - Apr 3 with 7045 viewsDaley_Lama

Next seasons away followings look like being far better for Dale than this season, assuming we stay up of course.

In (my percentages of likelyhood)

Hartlepool 99.9% likely
Bury 99.8% likely
Portsmouth 75% likely
Scunthorpe 66% likely
Oldham 22% likely

Mansfield 85% likely
The rest 15% likely

Out

Gillingham
Port Vale

Two from

Northampton/Burton/Rotherham/Cheltenham/Exeter

Two from

The bottom 8

Poll: DF in or out

Port Vale on 12:48 - Apr 3 with 7041 viewsRotherhamDale

Port Vale on 12:25 - Apr 3 by judd

John Doolan's role was brilliant that day.

Retaliated to a horror tackle on Glenn Murray by kung fu'ing their lad (Andy Monkhouse?)

Then chased him down the tunnel after they both got sent off! Fantastic.

Possession with progression.

Port Vale on 12:51 - Apr 3 with 7023 viewsjudd

Port Vale on 12:48 - Apr 3 by RotherhamDale

Retaliated to a horror tackle on Glenn Murray by kung fu'ing their lad (Andy Monkhouse?)

I had a beer with Doolan that night, laughing about what happened. Well, JD denied doing owt wrong, as you would.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Port Vale on 12:55 - Apr 3 with 7007 viewsAtThePeake

Port Vale on 12:51 - Apr 3 by judd

I had a beer with Doolan that night, laughing about what happened. Well, JD denied doing owt wrong, as you would.

Classic Doolan.

Sure he did something similar at Gigg with Dave Challinor in the tunnel the year after?

Tangled up in blue.

Port Vale on 12:57 - Apr 3 with 7000 viewslurker

Port Vale on 12:48 - Apr 3 by RotherhamDale

That moment was fantastic. The ref did a good job of sending Monkhouse off down the tunnel before taking as much time as possible to brandish Doolan's red as he could see what was going to happen.

Didn't work though! JD almost snatched the red card from the ref to give it to himself before running faster than even he thought he could run to catch him up for the tunnel punch up.

Also recall Doolan in one game (don't recall which one) showing the ref a card after he fell over and dropped them.

Them scousers, eh?
Port Vale on 13:14 - Apr 3 with 6972 views100notout

Port Vale on 12:46 - Apr 3 by Daley_Lama

Next seasons away followings look like being far better for Dale than this season, assuming we stay up of course.

In (my percentages of likelyhood)

Hartlepool 99.9% likely
Bury 99.8% likely
Portsmouth 75% likely
Scunthorpe 66% likely
Oldham 22% likely

Mansfield 85% likely
The rest 15% likely

Out

Gillingham
Port Vale

Two from

Northampton/Burton/Rotherham/Cheltenham/Exeter

Two from

The bottom 8

You can put Portsmouth down at 100% - they have 10 points to be deducted re administration

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Port Vale on 13:22 - Apr 3 with 6936 viewsolympicdale

Port Vale on 12:57 - Apr 3 by lurker

That moment was fantastic. The ref did a good job of sending Monkhouse off down the tunnel before taking as much time as possible to brandish Doolan's red as he could see what was going to happen.

Didn't work though! JD almost snatched the red card from the ref to give it to himself before running faster than even he thought he could run to catch him up for the tunnel punch up.

Also recall Doolan in one game (don't recall which one) showing the ref a card after he fell over and dropped them.

Them scousers, eh?

That was a truly terrible 'challenge' from that tw@t Monkhouse, I never respected a Dale player more so than when JD went in like that, I too felt a little sorry for their fans after we got the 2nd, was clear they weren't going to get the title.

Life is a game of fate.

Port Vale on 13:25 - Apr 3 with 6918 viewsdingdangblue

Port Vale on 12:46 - Apr 3 by 442Dale

The second half of that season was one of my favourite times as a fan. The whole 'no fear' philosophy existed then more than at any other time, with no pressures of expectancy or where we needed to be. Every game was an entertainment event to look forward to.

We ran out of games - if only Hilly had had another month we'd have gatecrashed the playoffs and possibly been promoted 3 years sooner. That Hartlepool game was such a statement of intent - to totally boss and outplay the champions elect was a brilliant moment
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/rochdale/2006-2007
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Port Vale on 13:27 - Apr 3 with 6911 viewsKenBoon

The 3-3 at Peterborough the following week was pretty special too.
Happy happy days.
Port Vale on 13:47 - Apr 3 with 6867 viewsfermin

Port Vale on 13:25 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

We ran out of games - if only Hilly had had another month we'd have gatecrashed the playoffs and possibly been promoted 3 years sooner. That Hartlepool game was such a statement of intent - to totally boss and outplay the champions elect was a brilliant moment

Sobering to note that as many as ten teams in that table are now non-league, but one or two may come back up this season.
Port Vale on 15:28 - Apr 3 with 6722 viewssandylaner1

Port Vale on 11:44 - Apr 3 by lurker

Lee Hughes plays for Vale so there goes the police bill thing for that game

Port Vale on 15:41 - Apr 3 with 6702 viewsTVOS1907

Port Vale on 13:27 - Apr 3 by KenBoon

The 3-3 at Peterborough the following week was pretty special too.
Happy happy days.

Unless you're Glenn Poole.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Port Vale on 19:19 - Apr 3 with 6470 viewsD_Dale

Port Vale on 13:25 - Apr 3 by dingdangblue

Thrashing MKD 5-0. I think that was Le Fondre's first time in a Dale shirt and he was soon tearing the defence apart. The final league table is a reminder that had MKD won they'd have had enough points for automatic promotion. Let's hope KH gets the team in an all-out attacking mode for the rest of this season!
Port Vale on 19:30 - Apr 3 with 6439 viewsolympicdale

Port Vale on 19:19 - Apr 3 by D_Dale

Thrashing MKD 5-0. I think that was Le Fondre's first time in a Dale shirt and he was soon tearing the defence apart. The final league table is a reminder that had MKD won they'd have had enough points for automatic promotion. Let's hope KH gets the team in an all-out attacking mode for the rest of this season!

and yet had we not come back from 2-0 against Wrexham, we might not have even had any of the success that immediately followed, never has a game been as much of a turning point as that imo. The Boston (h) game was an amazing experience, felt the start of something special.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024