Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anelka 10:19 - Jan 18 with 4143 viewsMr_Rusty

If the reports are true that Zoopla have ordered West Brom to sack Anelka, couldn't Harry make a cheeky bid for him....Probably be cheap as well. A player of that class would tear up the Championship
Anelka on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 3040 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Do not want him. Reminds me of everything from last season:
Bad Attitude
Mercenary
Old
Wouldn't cut it in the Premier League next season

Seems the sort of player that could ruin the dressing room atmosphere

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Anelka on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 3044 viewsAdamM

Great idea. Sure him and Yossi will get on like a house on fire.
Anelka on 10:42 - Jan 18 with 3041 viewsexiled_dictator

If you think Anelka is the answer, then you are asking the wrong question.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Anelka on 11:20 - Jan 18 with 2928 viewsSpiritofGregory

Don't want that racist at QPR.
Anelka on 11:25 - Jan 18 with 2916 viewsstansleftfoot

Skied one over the bar from two yards the other week and stood with hands on hips and laughed. Please let's not do this grasping at straws anymore.....if we want useless and not caring, we've still got our entitlement on the books.....depressing to think we'd even talk to his agent!
Anelka on 11:43 - Jan 18 with 2873 viewsbosh67

Anelka on 11:20 - Jan 18 by SpiritofGregory

Don't want that racist at QPR.

This. Especially one that is too stupid to understand the possible offence it caused. Just goes to show that you can give a player £100K a week but it doesn't mean he has a brain.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anelka on 11:45 - Jan 18 with 2867 viewsLowerloftLad

Lets go the whole hog and snap up John terry

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Anelka on 11:53 - Jan 18 with 2845 viewsAgedR

Not probably cheap either. More like probably expensive, probably sulky, probably a bad trainer, probably aloof and arrogant, probably stupid and bigoted and probably surrounded by people who reflect all these character flaws.

Avoid.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Login to get fewer ads

Anelka on 12:04 - Jan 18 with 2814 viewsMrSheen

Mission accomplished. I had no idea that Zoopla sponsored West Brom, much less what a Zoopla is. Now I do. Value for money!
Anelka on 12:19 - Jan 18 with 2774 viewsstevec

The guy is an idiot and I wouldn't want him at QPR but for sponsors to decide who and who doesn't play for a team is an absolute scandal. A sad day for football if this happens.
Anelka on 12:20 - Jan 18 with 2769 viewsPommyhoop

Anelka on 11:45 - Jan 18 by LowerloftLad

Lets go the whole hog and snap up John terry

Or his little bitch.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Anelka on 13:42 - Jan 18 with 2628 viewshoopstilidie

Anelka on 12:19 - Jan 18 by stevec

The guy is an idiot and I wouldn't want him at QPR but for sponsors to decide who and who doesn't play for a team is an absolute scandal. A sad day for football if this happens.

Agree with this 100%. Should not be acceptable for a sponsor to dictate who leaves. What would follow from that? "We'll sponsor you on condition that you sign X player"?

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Anelka on 13:49 - Jan 18 with 2609 viewsMrSheen

Anelka on 13:42 - Jan 18 by hoopstilidie

Agree with this 100%. Should not be acceptable for a sponsor to dictate who leaves. What would follow from that? "We'll sponsor you on condition that you sign X player"?

Anelka on 14:00 - Jan 18 with 2586 viewshoopstilidie

Anelka on 13:49 - Jan 18 by MrSheen

Sort of, but I was more thinking of an external sponsor.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Anelka on 17:47 - Jan 18 with 2478 viewssaxbend

They probably think that because they paid their money to have their brand associated with the club and its image they get to say exactly what that image should be. It doesn't work like that. They paid their money and are getting what they paid for. They should be aware that premier league clubs all have the potential to sign a player who turns out to cause problems. It's a risk they take.

They can of course refuse to renew their deal, and other sponsors can of course decline an invitation to sponsor in future, but once the deal's done, both parties are stuck with it.
Anelka on 18:08 - Jan 18 with 2419 viewsBluce_Ree

Maybe Clive modded it and it said 'which hilarious c*nt missed a penalty in the Champions League final against Man Utd?'

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Anelka on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 2382 viewsBAWHoops

As a Jew I hope we never even breathe the same air as that disgraceful c.unt of a man.

He's a racist, no better or worse than John Terry

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Anelka on 19:11 - Jan 18 with 2293 viewsPommyhoop

Anelka on 18:17 - Jan 18 by BAWHoops

As a Jew I hope we never even breathe the same air as that disgraceful c.unt of a man.

He's a racist, no better or worse than John Terry

Exactly right. He knew what he was doing.
As you said . Horrible racist c'nt . Even worse than John Terry in my book because he should have at least an inkling .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Anelka on 05:39 - Jan 21 with 2130 viewsexiled_dictator

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25810659

West Brom sponsor Zoopla have decided to end their sponsorship of the club at the end of the season over Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" gesture.

I can see where ZOOPLA are coming from, given they have Jewish ownership, and Anelka is a nasty c unt and knew full well what the quenelle was and what it's impact would be.
But then again, as said, where do you draw the line with interference in team selection (tango), as well as tactics within a team.
I would imagine that both West Brom & Zoopla will go onto bigger and better things in the advertising & sponsorship world.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Anelka on 07:50 - Jan 21 with 2035 viewsizlingtonhoop

Anelka on 12:04 - Jan 18 by MrSheen

Mission accomplished. I had no idea that Zoopla sponsored West Brom, much less what a Zoopla is. Now I do. Value for money!

Spot on.
I've been meaning to look it up since this story broke, just did. Had assumed they were a betting firm (hoopla = fairground ), now I know.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2014 7:50]
Anelka on 07:58 - Jan 21 with 2006 viewsElHoop

Anelka on 12:19 - Jan 18 by stevec

I agree with this too. He deserves to have the book thrown at him by the FA and that should be the end of it. West Brom are entitled to play to the whistle blown by the FA, not the one blown by their sponsors.
Anelka on 08:30 - Jan 21 with 1954 viewsHantsR

For quenelle?!
Anelka on 08:33 - Jan 21 with 1948 viewsN12Hoop

Anelka on 07:58 - Jan 21 by ElHoop

I agree with this too. He deserves to have the book thrown at him by the FA and that should be the end of it. West Brom are entitled to play to the whistle blown by the FA, not the one blown by their sponsors.

Don't think it is as straightforward as that. Whilst it is a risky game having sponsors wield undue influence, they themselves also have a reputation. If my company name was blazened over the shirt of someone who came out with some unacceptable views i'm not sure i'd act differently.
The difficulty however is where you draw the line. If you sponsored a club who signed lee Hughes, Chad Evans, Marlon King and El Hadj Spit wouldn't you start to think about the risk to your image having your name blazened across their shirts?

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Anelka on 10:03 - Jan 21 with 1860 viewsdaveB

Zoopla are right to do this, West Brom have disgracefully hidden behind the FA same as Chelsea did with Terry and Liverpool with Suarez. Doesn't matter what he meant by his gesture his gesture was seen by many as a nazi salute and for that he should have been given a fine and a ban by his club before the FA got out of bed the next day.
Anelka on 10:25 - Jan 21 with 1835 viewsLoft1979

+1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024