Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? 16:56 - Mar 7 with 1085 viewsMattFinish

£160m in transfer spending
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:02 - Mar 7 with 1062 viewsthis_charming_man

Yes but do they have a sustainable business model? Plus we have agents fees and bonuses to pay

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Who hates the tories the most?

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:13 - Mar 7 with 1022 viewsMattFinish

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:02 - Mar 7 by this_charming_man

Yes but do they have a sustainable business model? Plus we have agents fees and bonuses to pay

No-one's got a sustainable business model like ours
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:18 - Mar 7 with 1003 viewsgrumpy

We now have had a run of winnable games and had little or no success.Saints are in real trouble now and as Matt says this is where you find yourself particularly in this division if you don’t invest properly. The worry is our home form, St.Marys is hardly a fortress.
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:26 - Mar 7 with 977 viewsIngskneeslide

Nick reckons we need to follow Liverpool's model so sure we can just spend £200 in the summer to sort ourselves out?
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 966 viewsthis_charming_man

I blame today on the negative fans

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:32 - Mar 7 with 965 viewsMytchettSaint

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:18 - Mar 7 by grumpy

We now have had a run of winnable games and had little or no success.Saints are in real trouble now and as Matt says this is where you find yourself particularly in this division if you don’t invest properly. The worry is our home form, St.Marys is hardly a fortress.

The home form has been disgraceful/shocking/whatever other description you can think of for 3 or 4 seasons now (it’s been that bad for long enough I can’t remember how many exactly, but since Puel certainly)
How people still fork out for a season ticket each year is both admirable and stupid in equal measures given it ain’t going to ever change with the way things are currently.
We may have been unlucky today as some people will see it but the truth is there’s been too many days when we haven’t been unlucky but just utterly clueless.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:33 - Mar 7 with 959 viewssaint22

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:32 - Mar 7 by this_charming_man

I blame today on the negative fans

Fans were great today
Shame the ref wasn’t first half WAC add him to the list of useless fools
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:37 - Mar 7 with 944 viewsthis_charming_man

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:32 - Mar 7 by MytchettSaint

The home form has been disgraceful/shocking/whatever other description you can think of for 3 or 4 seasons now (it’s been that bad for long enough I can’t remember how many exactly, but since Puel certainly)
How people still fork out for a season ticket each year is both admirable and stupid in equal measures given it ain’t going to ever change with the way things are currently.
We may have been unlucky today as some people will see it but the truth is there’s been too many days when we haven’t been unlucky but just utterly clueless.

It’s beyond a joke, how many other clubs have had such mad home form for so long and stayed up?

Login to get fewer ads

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 912 viewsgrumpy

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:37 - Mar 7 by this_charming_man

It’s beyond a joke, how many other clubs have had such mad home form for so long and stayed up?

Not many.
The only difference between us and teams like Burnley and Sheffield United is the defence.
If you get that right you have a chance.
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:54 - Mar 7 with 896 viewsCenturion

Don't whether to laugh or cry.

We had a great run and for once was looking forward to a nice stress free mid table finish.

But no...this is Saints and they always make it hard for themselves.

Anyway, how complacent were the Board selling our best right back and replacing with a player that cannot get into the first team.

Sure Armstrong will be back for Norwich and Redmond?

Sigh...
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 18:14 - Mar 7 with 861 viewsSonicBoom

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 17:32 - Mar 7 by MytchettSaint

Agree with that.

I also think ralph is getting off lightly. I couldnt stand puel, and criticised him when I thought it was merited. Seems to me the crowd are now happy to blame the team but Ralph is teflon. Nothing is his fault.
Hes had a long time to work with our defence and we are no better than when he arrived. Surely agood coach gets a little improvement? In fact i am struggling to think of one player hes improved. Possibly Redmond and JWP. I want him to stay, i just think he should be held to account like previous managers.
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 18:19 - Mar 7 with 848 viewsthis_charming_man

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 18:14 - Mar 7 by SonicBoom

Agree with that.

I also think ralph is getting off lightly. I couldnt stand puel, and criticised him when I thought it was merited. Seems to me the crowd are now happy to blame the team but Ralph is teflon. Nothing is his fault.
Hes had a long time to work with our defence and we are no better than when he arrived. Surely agood coach gets a little improvement? In fact i am struggling to think of one player hes improved. Possibly Redmond and JWP. I want him to stay, i just think he should be held to account like previous managers.

Of course we’ve improved, we are lucky to stay up under Pellegrino/ Hughes, he inherited a load of sh.t that looked destined to go down last season and we stayed up with a couple of games to spare, this season we will stay up more comfortably than last. He’s not a magician, he can’t turn crap players into good ones. A lot of the goals we concede are individual mistakes, stupid mistakes too.l that’s not bad coaching. He’s been here 3 transfer windows and only been allowed to make two permanent signings, so he’s improved the team as it’s pretty much the same players he inherited minus the ones shipped out on loan.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 18:22]

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 18:23 - Mar 7 with 834 viewsSaintsforeverj

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 18:14 - Mar 7 by SonicBoom

Agree with that.

Not sure what to make of Ralph. On occasions the team has been fantastic - Chelsea away, Villa and spurs at home. He is also passionate and cares. But then we have also had some shockers.

I would have played Romeu today. And Valery doesn't play for months then suddenly thrown in, when we have our new rb on the bench. As it turned out, Valery lost us the game. Don't know really on Ralph. A lot of games are really poor.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 764 viewsUlsterBaz

The bottom line is the squad isn’t good enough. All that money wasted on Hoedt, Vestergaard, Carrillo, Lemina, Elyounoussi etc etc etc is still hampering us. If we can’t/won’t invest more in the squad then our luck will run out sooner or later.
The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:31 - Mar 7 with 756 viewsSaintsforeverj

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:28 - Mar 7 by UlsterBaz

The bottom line is the squad isn’t good enough. All that money wasted on Hoedt, Vestergaard, Carrillo, Lemina, Elyounoussi etc etc etc is still hampering us. If we can’t/won’t invest more in the squad then our luck will run out sooner or later.

Yep comes down to the same thing. Hughes, Pellegrino, Puel, Ralph - they all had a poor team to manage with lack of investment. I agree with you, the squad just isn't good enough and hasn't been for years.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:34 - Mar 7 with 752 viewsthis_charming_man

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:28 - Mar 7 by UlsterBaz

That about the size of it. A lot of wasted money a lack of investment the last 3 windows. We had a good run where poor to average players were playing at their maximum now they’ve gone back to their level again. Ralph is a good manager but has only been allowed to bring two players in. Let’s not forget before he joined we really struggled for goals now that’s not a problem but the crap defence still is

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 19:47 - Mar 7 with 726 viewsPatfromPoole

Newcastle signed Saint-Maximin for £16 million.

An outstanding player for an average fee.

We used to be really smart at recruitment. You don’t need to spend absolute fortunes.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The difference between us and the opposition for the last two games? on 20:33 - Mar 7 with 691 viewsTimSaint

The difference is that we lost and the other 2 teams beat us both home and away this season !!

Add Burnley and you have 3 teams around us, that we should be taking at least some points off !!

TimSaint

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024