Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent 08:10 - May 14 with 810 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/52388/hojbjerg-gives-ind

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 08:51 - May 14 with 780 viewsgreen

The manager clearly rates him and he's important to the way he wants to play. Would be a shame to see him go but as you say he's clearly ambitious and that in itself isn't necessarily a bad thing in a footballer.
Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 08:58 - May 14 with 769 viewsPatfromPoole

I like Pierre a lot. He has a bit of presence about him and he certainly makes our midfield more combative.

If his passing was better, he’d be a £50 million player. As it is, his value is probably nearer £30 million in a “normal” market, if such a thing exists nowadays.

He was excellent in the Spurs Cup games, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho was keen.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 09:35 - May 14 with 743 viewsRon11

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 08:58 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

I like Pierre a lot. He has a bit of presence about him and he certainly makes our midfield more combative.

If his passing was better, he’d be a £50 million player. As it is, his value is probably nearer £30 million in a “normal” market, if such a thing exists nowadays.

He was excellent in the Spurs Cup games, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mourinho was keen.

His passing has been abysmal! Isn't that one of the most important skills a professional footballer should ever have, it's basics.
Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 09:45 - May 14 with 729 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 09:35 - May 14 by Ron11

His passing has been abysmal! Isn't that one of the most important skills a professional footballer should ever have, it's basics.

It should be, yes.

But players who can be both creative and tough in the tackle are thin on the ground.

Schneiderlin was one of those though. He has been the best midfielder I have seen in my 30 years of watching Saints. For 18 months or so he was just superb.

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 13:30 - May 14 with 621 viewsTimSaint

We've been through all this before on here with Hojbjerg.

He is good enough for us and he has pretty much found his level. He is our Captain and should focus on doing an excellent job for us, before talking about ambitions to play in and win the Champions League, but I guess that is what it is all about nowadays - trying to instigate a big move.

His supposed Bayern pedigree doesn't show that often. There are too many errors and faults in his game and a massive lack of goals to be able to make it at a top 6 club at the moment, but perhaps a new manager, or a new challenge would get that out of him ?

Anyway, I heard that he put on Twitter that he had signed a new 4 year deal with us, but later deleted it. Anyone else see or hear this ?

TimSaint

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 13:31 - May 14 with 615 viewsPatfromPoole

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 13:30 - May 14 by TimSaint

We've been through all this before on here with Hojbjerg.

He is good enough for us and he has pretty much found his level. He is our Captain and should focus on doing an excellent job for us, before talking about ambitions to play in and win the Champions League, but I guess that is what it is all about nowadays - trying to instigate a big move.

His supposed Bayern pedigree doesn't show that often. There are too many errors and faults in his game and a massive lack of goals to be able to make it at a top 6 club at the moment, but perhaps a new manager, or a new challenge would get that out of him ?

Anyway, I heard that he put on Twitter that he had signed a new 4 year deal with us, but later deleted it. Anyone else see or hear this ?

I think that was a fake Twitter account.

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 13:39 - May 14 with 606 viewsTimSaint

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 13:31 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

I think that was a fake Twitter account.

Probably was a fake if it got deleted Pat.

A mate text me this morning about it, as PEH is one of his favourite players and we talk at length about him - including performances and contracts !!

TimSaint

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 15:13 - May 14 with 560 views1teeminants

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 08:58 - May 14 by PatfromPoole

Too inconsistent for me . Good player on his day but can also be very average. I disagree, I’m very surprised Spurs are interested in him I think he’ll mainly be on the bench and I wouldn’t think he would be the sort of player to help spurs push on and Hoijberg is deluded if he thinks he’ll win things with them .
[Post edited 14 May 2020 15:15]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 15:50 - May 14 with 525 viewsTripleNiemi

I really am on the fence with this one.

I like the player and think he has a lot to offer (us certainly) but he has had some seriously poor games for us this season. Perhaps his mind is already elsewhere and tbh i don't think i could blame him for moving on as i think he really was holding off to see what ambitions the club had. The fact that Saints have been bimbling along since Les departed and Gao bought is likely to be the catalyst for him saying see ya imho. On his day he is a solid decent player who we would struggle to replace for the money we will likely get now.

Spurs (aside from financial betterment) is a poor move.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 15:54]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Hojbjerg Gives Indication Of His Intent on 21:04 - May 14 with 437 viewsthissceptredsaint

If I was him I'd stay for another 2 years, so that's what, a years extension?

That way he could see who bought us, what it meant and whether we were happy to be as mediocre as we have been the last 2 or 3 years or want to push on. We can do top 6 if we put our minds to it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024