Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Simple question for the left side 18:36 - May 11 with 1266 viewsYarman

If J C had won the last election and was PM now, he would pretty much be listening to and acting on the same medical advice as Boris is. What do you think J C would have said and done differently, and would you have followed his advice more willingly.
Simple question for the left side on 18:46 - May 11 with 1249 viewsSadoldgit

We will never know so I’m not sure where this is going.
Simple question for the left side on 19:19 - May 11 with 1208 viewsYarman

Simple question for the left side on 18:46 - May 11 by Sadoldgit

We will never know so I’m not sure where this is going.

I agree we will never know, but it would be interesting to hear some constructive criticism, instead of just dismissing everything Boris says .
Simple question for the left side on 19:36 - May 11 with 1170 viewsSadoldgit

Simple question for the left side on 19:19 - May 11 by Yarman

I agree we will never know, but it would be interesting to hear some constructive criticism, instead of just dismissing everything Boris says .

Well, if we go back to the start, choices were in place that included lockdown, not locking down and allowing people to become infected to encourage a herd immunity and, I expect, others. This government initially decided to go with the herd immunity strategy. If I was to second guess what Labour would have done, given their focus on people rather than the making of money, I would imagine that they would have gone with the lock down strategy in order to prevent as many people as possible from becoming infected. I would also imagine that they would have gone down the test, track and isolate route much sooner but again, that is just based on my perception of a party and a person in J.C. who are focussed on the wellbeing of the population above all else.
Simple question for the left side on 19:59 - May 11 with 1153 viewsYarman

Simple question for the left side on 19:36 - May 11 by Sadoldgit

Well, if we go back to the start, choices were in place that included lockdown, not locking down and allowing people to become infected to encourage a herd immunity and, I expect, others. This government initially decided to go with the herd immunity strategy. If I was to second guess what Labour would have done, given their focus on people rather than the making of money, I would imagine that they would have gone with the lock down strategy in order to prevent as many people as possible from becoming infected. I would also imagine that they would have gone down the test, track and isolate route much sooner but again, that is just based on my perception of a party and a person in J.C. who are focussed on the wellbeing of the population above all else.

Thanks for your opinion, I think another way could have been to the involve all the top ministers of all parties to thrash out ideas to fight this virus and keep it non political so as to not waste time and energy on pointless political in fighting and points scoring, sounds stupid l know but we live in strange times.
Simple question for the left side on 20:08 - May 11 with 1142 viewscynicalsaint

Simple question for the left side on 19:59 - May 11 by Yarman

Thanks for your opinion, I think another way could have been to the involve all the top ministers of all parties to thrash out ideas to fight this virus and keep it non political so as to not waste time and energy on pointless political in fighting and points scoring, sounds stupid l know but we live in strange times.

sounds eminently sensible to me.
Simple question for the left side on 20:13 - May 11 with 1137 viewspjt50

If JC had won the last election he would still have been saddled with the effects of 10 years of Tory under-funding of the NHS & care systems, not to mention lack or preparation for pandemics (e.g. ignoring the recommendations of the Cygnus report). On that basis I doubt if there would have been a massive difference in outcome.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Simple question for the left side on 20:56 - May 11 with 1093 viewsSadoldgit

I completely agree with you. The ideal situation would have been a cross party committee calling on experienced people with relevant skill sets including a Scottish, Welsh and N Irish contingent. Better opportunity to get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, no point scoring and a real sense that we are all actually in this together. Johnson went into this with Brexit in mind, with a weak inexperienced cabinet and large percentage of the country hoping for and expecting him to fail. He is the weakest of the last series of Tory leaders by far but by pulling together a cross party body to manage this pandemic he could have carried on doing what he does best, cheerleading from the front, whilst competent decisions were being made on his behalf by a competent team. Even some of the Tory back benchers, not to mention The Mail and The Telegraph, are losing faith in Johnson and his team.
Simple question for the left side on 21:09 - May 11 with 1080 viewsDorsetIan

He didn't even need to do that. He could have called back some of the more experienced ministers that he had purged during the Brexit process.

But as had been said above, it was never going to be possible to u-turn from such an antagonistic position (remember it was only in February that Sajid Javid was forced out, and the end of Feb when the Home Office head civil servant resigned) to one of cross-party cooperation.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Login to get fewer ads

Simple question for the left side on 23:41 - May 11 with 1009 viewsPatfromPoole

Starmer has got quite an experienced front-bench in place. A few big-hitters in there.

Johnson is not going to get anything like the easy ride his large majority would indicate he should have had. The pandemic is obviously going to define his period in office, and it is not going well for him at all.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Simple question for the left side on 09:19 - May 12 with 910 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Corbyn would've tried to sit down with the virus and come to a peace deal with it ..... sorry, couldn't resist.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Simple question for the left side on 09:20 - May 12 with 906 viewskernow

Simple question for the left side on 09:19 - May 12 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Corbyn would've tried to sit down with the virus and come to a peace deal with it ..... sorry, couldn't resist.

No, he would have wrestled it to the ground.
Simple question for the left side on 09:37 - May 12 with 897 viewsSadoldgit

😂
Simple question for the left side on 09:48 - May 12 with 883 viewsRon11

Simple question for the left side on 19:36 - May 11 by Sadoldgit

Yes, focussed on the wellbeing of anybody but white British people.
Nothing to do with votes, of course.
Simple question for the left side on 10:09 - May 12 with 875 viewssaint68

🤣😂🤣😂👍

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024