Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff United V Man United 20:34 - Dec 17 with 925 viewsSaintNick

I was hoping that the Blades would beat the Red Devils good start but United now ahead, not good for us if Man Utd win

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sheff United V Man United on 20:47 - Dec 17 with 904 viewskingslandstand1

Will get to see how good a manager Wilder is now in picking his players up at HT having gone ahead so early but conceding 2 goals close to each other

Do't like the bloke but hope he does turn this one around
Sheff United V Man United on 20:57 - Dec 17 with 891 viewsChesham_Saint

‘Red Devils’? In true Derek and Clive style, just put: ‘Cvnts, Salford’ and we’ll all know exactly who you mean.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Sheff United V Man United on 21:32 - Dec 17 with 855 viewsSaintNick

Sheff United V Man United on 20:57 - Dec 17 by Chesham_Saint

‘Red Devils’? In true Derek and Clive style, just put: ‘Cvnts, Salford’ and we’ll all know exactly who you mean.

Wouldnt disagree on that description, they are 3-1 up now, we could do with them not scoring any more

Sheff United V Man United on 21:47 - Dec 17 with 838 viewsdirk_doone

Sheff United V Man United on 21:32 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

Wouldnt disagree on that description, they are 3-1 up now, we could do with them not scoring any more

3-2 now. United are hanging on here.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Sheff United V Man United on 22:28 - Dec 17 with 796 viewsSaintNick

Sheff United V Man United on 21:47 - Dec 17 by dirk_doone

3-2 now. United are hanging on here.

Just about hung on we could have done with it being a draw

Sheff United V Man United on 22:46 - Dec 17 with 775 viewsdirk_doone

Sheff United V Man United on 22:28 - Dec 17 by SaintNick

Just about hung on we could have done with it being a draw

Agreed. Mousset had a great chance to make it 3-3 at the end. That's the key difference between the top teams and the bottom ones: the quality of their finishing. The only player who really impressed me in the Sheffield United side when they played us was Chris Basham, when he was moved up onto the right wing in the second half, and the same thing happened tonight. He's spent his whole career playing in defensive positions and he's 32 now. He's been missing out on his best position all of his life. What might have been...
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 22:48]

Sheff United V Man United on 22:57 - Dec 17 with 759 viewsA1079

It's always been hard to like Man United but I have to admit I quite like Ole' Gunnar Solksjaer.

For a manager who seems to be constantly under pressure and under the media limelight and scrutiny he by and large seems to go about his business with dignity. That said, I would not swap him for our current manager.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if they win their game in hand they would be 2nd. Being out of the Champions League may be an unintended benefit as I don't think they will play their first team players for the UEFA. One thing you have to say about United is their ability to score even if they have few chances or go behind.
Sheff United V Man United on 23:10 - Dec 17 with 745 viewsdirk_doone

Sheff United V Man United on 22:57 - Dec 17 by A1079

It's always been hard to like Man United but I have to admit I quite like Ole' Gunnar Solksjaer.

For a manager who seems to be constantly under pressure and under the media limelight and scrutiny he by and large seems to go about his business with dignity. That said, I would not swap him for our current manager.

I could be wrong, but I believe that if they win their game in hand they would be 2nd. Being out of the Champions League may be an unintended benefit as I don't think they will play their first team players for the UEFA. One thing you have to say about United is their ability to score even if they have few chances or go behind.

There was nationwide sympathy for them after the Munich disaster and the whole country was behind them when Busby's team won the European Cup at Wembley with Best, Charlton and co.

Nowadays, like Liverpool, they have just been TOO successful and attracted too much envy, so they are one of the most hated teams in the country. The way their fans from all over the country behaved during the hooligan era certainly didn't do them any favours.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 7:54]

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff United V Man United on 23:16 - Dec 17 with 734 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sheff United V Man United on 22:57 - Dec 17 by A1079

OGS doesn't often complain about ref decisions, VAR and he doesn't kick off storming on the pitch or resorting to games and name calling like some. He seems to act with dignity so I agree. But I don't like Man U, more because of their arrogant fans but I dislike Liverpool more.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2020 23:18]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Sheff United V Man United on 23:23 - Dec 17 with 720 viewsdirk_doone

Sheff United V Man United on 23:16 - Dec 17 by Saintsforeverj

OGS doesn't often complain about ref decisions, VAR and he doesn't kick off storming on the pitch or resorting to games and name calling like some. He seems to act with dignity so I agree. But I don't like Man U, more because of their arrogant fans but I dislike Liverpool more.

Scandinavians are generally admirable people, who it's difficult to dislike.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 7:14]

Sheff United V Man United on 23:53 - Dec 17 with 707 viewsKennington

Actually think OGS has done pretty well. The Man Utd team of today always seems compared to the ones that were far better of 20 years ago. I’d say the current Man Utd team is a 3-6 place team. And in that regard OGS has got them roughly there.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Sheff United V Man United on 08:56 - Dec 18 with 559 viewsChesham_Saint

Sheff United V Man United on 23:16 - Dec 17 by Saintsforeverj

As recently as our League Cup final their fans were utter toe-rags. But I agree, Liverpool are at least on a par.

Conversely, and maybe because of the lack of supporters attending marches (so they haven’t been able to disgrace them), my view of Leeds - a team I’ve disliked for decades - has improved.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2020 9:48]

Sheff United V Man United on 09:03 - Dec 18 with 554 viewsJaySaint

OGS takes it all well.
Is he the best manager United can get, not a million years.
He would not even be one of the Premier Leagues top 10 managers...
I am never sure if their position/when they win is down to handful of brilliant players they have, or his tactical nouse???

However, he seems like a great chap and kind of hope he does well (unless they play saints of course).

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Sheff United V Man United on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 540 viewsBerber

Sheff United V Man United on 08:56 - Dec 18 by Chesham_Saint

As recently as our League Cup final their fans were utter toe-rags. But I agree, Liverpool are at least on a par.

Conversely, and maybe because of the lack of supporters attending marches (so they haven’t been able to disgrace them), my view of Leeds - a team I’ve disliked for decades - has improved.

The Leeds supporters haven't changed, just not been infesting our lives for the past decade.
Sheff United V Man United on 09:48 - Dec 18 with 535 viewsChesham_Saint

Sheff United V Man United on 09:40 - Dec 18 by Berber

The Leeds supporters haven't changed, just not been infesting our lives for the past decade.

I fear you might well be right there, Berbs...

Sheff United V Man United on 19:17 - Dec 18 with 469 viewsSaintsforeverj

Sheff United V Man United on 08:56 - Dec 18 by Chesham_Saint

Always remember the Man U fans countdown, at St Mary's when we were relegated and the arrogance of their fans laughing at us instead of any good lucks or whatever. Went to Leeds in the championship and league one. It was very unpleasant up there at Elland Road. Liverpool was a load of tourists when we last played them at Anfield, but their away support always causes trouble when they come to St Mary's, they took a load of our players, Klopp is a bad loser plus arrogant imo, and they have a load of annoying plastic fans, even more than Man U, so my order of teams I don't like is Pompey, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Leeds in that order I think.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Sheff United V Man United on 13:19 - Dec 19 with 393 viewsBerber

Sheff United V Man United on 20:57 - Dec 17 by Chesham_Saint

For its time, it was truly outrageous. I can't believe it took another 50 (yes FIFTYor nearly)
years before the C word was used on TV.

p.s. I stood in the Den in August 1974, and every conversation going on around me was like that. I don't think I heard a single sentence that did not contain several expletives.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 13:23]
Leeds United V Man United on 17:12 - Dec 20 with 359 viewsdirk_doone

Could Man United score 10 against Leeds? I always hope we might lose our unwanted record when a team looks like getting a big score.

Leeds United V Man United on 17:39 - Dec 20 with 336 viewsChesham_Saint

Leeds United V Man United on 17:12 - Dec 20 by dirk_doone

Could Man United score 10 against Leeds? I always hope we might lose our unwanted record when a team looks like getting a big score.

Trust those scouse cvnts to let us down against Palace...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024