Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Down To The Bare Bones 19:03 - Jan 4 with 1304 viewsSaintNick

No Romeu, No Adams, barely a game between them for most of the bench

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:06 - Jan 4 with 938 viewsSaintsforeverj

What is wrong with Adams and Romeu? That's a surprise.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 19:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:07 - Jan 4 with 926 views1885_SFC

Can only be covid - surely?

Old School is Cool

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:07 - Jan 4 with 917 viewssaint22

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:06 - Jan 4 by Saintsforeverj

What is wrong with Adams and Romeu? That's a surprise.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 19:06]

Covid or injured, strange as wasn't mentioned before
This shows our need to strengthen is desperate
Down To The Bare Bones on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 909 viewsButty101

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/266987/saints-due-a-res

I called it here.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 886 viewsstmichael

Biggest dissapointment for me is our new centre back ( I honestly cannot even remember his name!!)not even on the bench in an injury crisis.
At least Danso , as bad as he was , had managed a few minutes by this stage.
We cannot afford mistakes like this..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 862 viewsdarthvader

Adams out with concussion from that boot to head last game .

Surely should have been taken off at the time if its that bad ?

keep the faith coyr

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 860 viewsSaintNick

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:11 - Jan 4 by stmichael

Biggest dissapointment for me is our new centre back ( I honestly cannot even remember his name!!)not even on the bench in an injury crisis.

There is clearly an issue be it Covid or injury related, Salisu would have been on the bench ahead of a 17 year old to make up the numbers

We have managed to put out a decent starting XI with a couple of promising youngsters on the bench, you cant legislate for having 5 or 6 players out injured or ill at the same time

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:18 - Jan 4 with 842 views1885_SFC

Seems like half our team were partying with the Man City boys on NYE...

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:25 - Jan 4 with 805 viewsDorsetIan

Blackmore said Romeu injured in training yesterday and Adams concussed.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:25 - Jan 4 with 802 views1885_SFC

Ralph just been on SKY. Adams has concussion; Romeu calf injury.

Old School is Cool

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:31 - Jan 4 with 781 viewssaint22

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:11 - Jan 4 by stmichael

quite astonishing
12m quid too
ffs
Down To The Bare Bones on 19:32 - Jan 4 with 775 viewsHeisenberg

And if Klopp moans about his depleted squad my foot might go through the telly.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:36 - Jan 4 with 746 viewsSaintNick

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:31 - Jan 4 by saint22

quite astonishing
12m quid too
ffs

Salisu has been kept out of the side because Jan Bednarek and Jannik Vestergaard were in superb form, I would suggest we all wait till we have seen him play before we start judging him

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:39 - Jan 4 with 726 viewsA1079

I am not sure I believe the reasons for their absence (if Adams is concussion then it would have been concussion yesterday and the day before etc - yet it was not mentioned) and as for the whole Salisu situation, it is beyond belief but the time has come where the manager and the club need to come clean about it and not continue to fob the fans off.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 19:43]
Down To The Bare Bones on 19:40 - Jan 4 with 722 viewsHeisenberg

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:36 - Jan 4 by SaintNick

Salisu has been kept out of the side because Jan Bednarek and Jannik Vestergaard were in superb form, I would suggest we all wait till we have seen him play before we start judging him

There is clearly something wrong if he's not making the bench or not turning out for the under 21s or B team. Either he is carrying an injury or virus or there is something else wrong. Or Ralph doesn't think he's good enough.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:42 - Jan 4 with 703 viewsKennington

Issue with us is we need back up that can come in and play. It’s why Yoshida was so useful as he could to a reasonable degree do that. The new lad appears to be a punt that was risky as you can’t hide at centre back like you can like a Djemepo type of gamble can.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:43 - Jan 4 with 696 viewsSaintNick

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:40 - Jan 4 by Heisenberg

There is clearly something wrong if he's not making the bench or not turning out for the under 21s or B team. Either he is carrying an injury or virus or there is something else wrong. Or Ralph doesn't think he's good enough.

I am talking in regard to tonight's game, he has been on the bench for the last few games, I cant see that he wouldnt have been on it again if he was fit

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:43 - Jan 4 with 694 viewsButty101

Nick I don’t remember you being so forgiving when it was Foren as he was a cortese signing apparently

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:46 - Jan 4 with 678 viewsDorsetIan

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:40 - Jan 4 by Heisenberg

Whether he's good enough or not, the lesson is: don't get too excited when Saints sign unknown players from middling foreign teams.

I see Djenepo is starting again today.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:47 - Jan 4 with 674 viewsSaintNick

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:43 - Jan 4 by Butty101

Nick I don’t remember you being so forgiving when it was Foren as he was a cortese signing apparently

I was an advocate for giving Foren a chance, the same as I will wait till i have seen Salisu play before i pass judgement.

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:48 - Jan 4 with 673 viewssaint22

I know full well why he hasn’t been in the team but no reason why he couldn’t have stepped in to replace Vestergaard and equally unless unfit why not on bench tonight and why hasn’t Ralph explained his absence?
Down To The Bare Bones on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 659 viewsSaintNick

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:48 - Jan 4 by saint22

I know full well why he hasn’t been in the team but no reason why he couldn’t have stepped in to replace Vestergaard and equally unless unfit why not on bench tonight and why hasn’t Ralph explained his absence?

I can see why Ralph went for experience in replacing Vestergaard, he also went for Stephens ability to pass the ball.

I havent seen Salisu play, but im told he was signed as a replacement for Vestergaard who was seen as more of a stopper than a passing player, I dont think anyone would have disagreed with that profile 4 months ago

Down To The Bare Bones on 22:02 - Jan 4 with 580 viewsBerber

Down To The Bare Bones on 19:48 - Jan 4 by saint22

Funnily enough, RH decision making has proved to be correct, again. He does watch them train and knows what mix he wants in the team on the day. I have no beef with JS performance this evening, that famous front 3 for Liverpool hardly got a look in.
Down To The Bare Bones on 22:10 - Jan 4 with 546 viewsgrumpy

Down To The Bare Bones on 22:02 - Jan 4 by Berber

Funnily enough, RH decision making has proved to be correct, again. He does watch them train and knows what mix he wants in the team on the day. I have no beef with JS performance this evening, that famous front 3 for Liverpool hardly got a look in.

I thought Karl Walker-Peters had a great game against Mane.He was really frustrated ...
Down To The Bare Bones on 22:21 - Jan 4 with 506 viewssolent_toffee

Down To The Bare Bones on 22:10 - Jan 4 by grumpy

I thought Karl Walker-Peters had a great game against Mane.He was really frustrated ...

Walker Peters was MOTM by an absolute country mile.

I had the sound off, was Carragher high pitched at the end.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024