Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's 22:00 - Jan 5 with 1793 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/53839/should-southampton

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 23:17 - Jan 5 with 1350 viewsBicester_North

Prefer a left back cover but he wouldn’t be a bad squad player to have.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 08:58 - Jan 6 with 1188 viewsSonicBoom

I didn't even realise he was still playing.
Thinking with my heart not my head I'd say no. He's another that came through the academy since the age of 8, played about 15 games in the first team then jumped ship the first chance he got.
Thinking with my head not my heart the answer is still no cos he's shite.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 09:03 - Jan 6 with 1185 viewsButty101

I would say no. would be 4th or 5th choice centreback and was never a great fullback.

I would rather see Pella comeback. Hes available on a free - what a great option off the bench

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 09:22 - Jan 6 with 1175 viewskernow

Not sure what he'd bring to the table so no thanks.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 10:27 - Jan 6 with 1123 viewsHeisenberg

3 clean sheets on the trot. Excellent defensive record and we already have 4 centre half’s. He jumped ship as others have said. No.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:19 - Jan 6 with 1054 viewsTimSaint

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 23:17 - Jan 5 by Bicester_North

Prefer a left back cover but he wouldn’t be a bad squad player to have.

I reckon there is a good chance that we will see our LB cover in action on Saturday evening. Give Bert and a few others a night off, or at least drop them to the bench so that they can come on if needed.

Mind you, it was a bit strange that Vokins was allegedly injured for the Newcastle game when Stephens filled in, but played the following night in a B Team game. Still, he made the bench v Liverpool, so I think he'll get the nod.

TimSaint

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:23 - Jan 6 with 1047 viewsTimSaint

With Vest out for a month and Salisu now injured (no idea how long he will be out for), we are a little stretched at the back with just Bed and Jack fit.

Perhaps a loan signing would be beneficial for both Saints and a player such as Chambers, but I would rather give Salisu a go, if fit, or where needed, play either Romeu or Bert in a CB role, until the others return.

TimSaint

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:27 - Jan 6 with 1044 viewscocklebreath

No ffs we are fine

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:41 - Jan 6 with 1033 viewsdirk_doone

I remember the online howls of derision when it was suggested that we bring Walcott back so I'll be happy with whatever Ralph decides. He's earned our trust. Simple as that.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 13:52]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:55 - Jan 6 with 1016 viewsKennington

He’s played including loan spells approx 100 games in 6 years. That’s 16 games a year, with half of those in the Championship. Injuries and form has ruined what should have been a far better career.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 14:00 - Jan 6 with 1007 viewsdirk_doone

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:55 - Jan 6 by Kennington

He’s played including loan spells approx 100 games in 6 years. That’s 16 games a year, with half of those in the Championship. Injuries and form has ruined what should have been a far better career.

Jut had a look at his Wiki and, after reading this, I should imagine Fulham will be trying to get him back:

Loan to Fulham (2018—19 season)
On 7 August 2018, Chambers signed with fellow Premier League side Fulham on a season long loan.Chambers went on to win the 2018—19 Fulham Player of the Season award, with 48.4 per cent of the votes–more than three times any other player nominated

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 14:06 - Jan 6 with 997 viewssaintwizzler

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:55 - Jan 6 by Kennington

Jack Stephens averages the same amount of league appearances in his ten year career

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 15:37 - Jan 6 with 954 viewsKennington

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 14:06 - Jan 6 by saintwizzler

Jack Stephens averages the same amount of league appearances in his ten year career

Most his though are in the premier league. Also there’s never really been any hype around Stephens, although these days I’m becoming more impressed by him every time I see him. Conversely Chambers had a huge level of promise. My view is he left us a season or two too soon.

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 08:06 - Jan 7 with 804 viewssaintwizzler

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 15:37 - Jan 6 by Kennington

Most his though are in the premier league. Also there’s never really been any hype around Stephens, although these days I’m becoming more impressed by him every time I see him. Conversely Chambers had a huge level of promise. My view is he left us a season or two too soon.

Chambers has only played in the EPL.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 779 viewsBerber

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 08:06 - Jan 7 by saintwizzler

Chambers has only played in the EPL.

Technically correct, but mostly for championship teams getting relegated from the PL.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 10:12 - Jan 7 with 739 viewsKennington

Yep you’re right. Completely forgot Middlesbrough were briefly in the premier league then. I think it was Stephens who played a few games for Middlesbrough in the championship.

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 11:17 - Jan 7 with 729 viewsSaintNick

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 08:48 - Jan 7 by Berber

Technically correct, but mostly for championship teams getting relegated from the PL.

Actually not technically correct, Chambers has played 139 Premier League games, only 55 were played for Boro & Fulham, so that is 39%

I love the way that things change with Saints centre backs, just in the last year for example.

January- March - Vestergaard is shite, Stephens is shite

June -July Vestergaard is still shite but Stephens is a brilliant prospect and the answer of our prayers and always has been.

12 sept 2.59pm Vestergaard is shite Stephens will force his way into the England squad this season

20th September 2pm - 26th Sept 8pm Vestergaard is shite, Stephens is shite we are going to be relegated.

26th Sept - 26th Decemeber 3pm Vestergaard is brilliant Stephens is shite, we are stuffed.

26th September 5pm - current, Vestergaard is brilliant, but Jack Stephens is also brilliant and at 27 is one of the best youngsters in the Premier League and will surely play for England.

At some stage soon this will all change again.

Some players at Southampton have reputations far above their actual achievements amongst Saints fans, hence Harrison Reed, Jack Stephens and Josh Sims are revered, whilst some who have actually produced the goods on the field for the club on a lot more regular basis are slagged off, ie Nathan Redmond to name just one.

My view of Jack Stephens is this ' he is a competent back up central defender in our squad, he can put in runs of games where he can put in a good performance or two, but he can't do it on prolonged basis, there is an error in him most games.

That doesnt mean he is a bad player or isnt a good club servant, or that I have something against him, only that I see him for what he is, I dont get salivate over any player for one or two good performances, I judge them over a long period of time

A good measurement is whether other Premier league clubs want a player or not

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 11:30 - Jan 7 with 721 viewscynicalsaint

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 11:17 - Jan 7 by SaintNick

Actually not technically correct, Chambers has played 139 Premier League games, only 55 were played for Boro & Fulham, so that is 39%

I love the way that things change with Saints centre backs, just in the last year for example.

January- March - Vestergaard is shite, Stephens is shite

June -July Vestergaard is still shite but Stephens is a brilliant prospect and the answer of our prayers and always has been.

12 sept 2.59pm Vestergaard is shite Stephens will force his way into the England squad this season

20th September 2pm - 26th Sept 8pm Vestergaard is shite, Stephens is shite we are going to be relegated.

26th Sept - 26th Decemeber 3pm Vestergaard is brilliant Stephens is shite, we are stuffed.

26th September 5pm - current, Vestergaard is brilliant, but Jack Stephens is also brilliant and at 27 is one of the best youngsters in the Premier League and will surely play for England.

At some stage soon this will all change again.

Some players at Southampton have reputations far above their actual achievements amongst Saints fans, hence Harrison Reed, Jack Stephens and Josh Sims are revered, whilst some who have actually produced the goods on the field for the club on a lot more regular basis are slagged off, ie Nathan Redmond to name just one.

My view of Jack Stephens is this ' he is a competent back up central defender in our squad, he can put in runs of games where he can put in a good performance or two, but he can't do it on prolonged basis, there is an error in him most games.

That doesnt mean he is a bad player or isnt a good club servant, or that I have something against him, only that I see him for what he is, I dont get salivate over any player for one or two good performances, I judge them over a long period of time

A good measurement is whether other Premier league clubs want a player or not

"Some players at Southampton have reputations far above their actual achievements amongst Saints fans, hence Harrison Reed, Jack Stephens and Josh Sims are revered, whilst some who have actually produced the goods on the field for the club on a lot more regular basis are slagged off, ie Nathan Redmond to name just one."

Absolutely - remove any personal bias / emotion from the conversation and, objectively, i think the answer is no we don't need to bring Callum Chambers back. Statistically we have the 4th best defensive record in the premier league / joint most clean sheets which suggests that we are OK in terms of defensive resources. We added a CB in the summer - no idea if he's up to standard but either way we seem to be doing OK.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 12:54 - Jan 7 with 684 viewsSaintNick

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 11:30 - Jan 7 by cynicalsaint

"Some players at Southampton have reputations far above their actual achievements amongst Saints fans, hence Harrison Reed, Jack Stephens and Josh Sims are revered, whilst some who have actually produced the goods on the field for the club on a lot more regular basis are slagged off, ie Nathan Redmond to name just one."

Absolutely - remove any personal bias / emotion from the conversation and, objectively, i think the answer is no we don't need to bring Callum Chambers back. Statistically we have the 4th best defensive record in the premier league / joint most clean sheets which suggests that we are OK in terms of defensive resources. We added a CB in the summer - no idea if he's up to standard but either way we seem to be doing OK.

I always remove personal bias and emotion and look at the facts, but statistics are not the only facts.

We are statistically the 4th best defence in the Premier League, but in the last 5 games we have played against the 1st, 10th, 11th, 14th & 17th attacks in the division.

So Liverpool aside no one of any note.

But the reality was in each of those games we could have conceded and really should have, Manchester City could easily have scored 4 against us likewise Liverpool who just couldnt get it together in the final 3rd, both games were backs against the wall and they both had good opportunities they should have missed.

It has been the same in all of the games so far, we are still handing teams chances, sometimes they score sometimes they don't

Is Fraser Forster the best goalkeeper at Saints this season ? statistically he is yes o goals conceded and no errors that have led to goals.

So lets not get too carried away just yet, lets congratulate our defenders for their battling and spirit but lets not pretend that every game has been a composed defensive performance, no matter who has played it hasn't been.

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:00 - Jan 7 with 683 viewsChesham_Saint

I anticipate Ralph going from being all round Mr Wonderful to “he doesn’t know what he’s doing/doesn’t have a Plan B/can’t make tactical subs” if (more like when) we were to lose three in a row. But that’s just the way it is I suppose with football. It like a narcotic, the highs are great and everyone is beautiful, then the lows inevitably come and everyone is a complete cvnt...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:08 - Jan 7 with 673 viewsgrumpy

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:00 - Jan 7 by Chesham_Saint

I anticipate Ralph going from being all round Mr Wonderful to “he doesn’t know what he’s doing/doesn’t have a Plan B/can’t make tactical subs” if (more like when) we were to lose three in a row. But that’s just the way it is I suppose with football. It like a narcotic, the highs are great and everyone is beautiful, then the lows inevitably come and everyone is a complete cvnt...

Being a Saints fan is so much better when we win, because normally no one expects us to.
Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:12 - Jan 7 with 670 viewsKennington

I’ve always been happy with a long standing personal favouritism of Yoshida. It’s irrational but there you go. I felt the same about Franny, who fortunately for him played most (all?) of his career in the pre - internet message board era.

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:25 - Jan 7 with 663 viewsBicester_North

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 12:54 - Jan 7 by SaintNick

I always remove personal bias and emotion and look at the facts, but statistics are not the only facts.

We are statistically the 4th best defence in the Premier League, but in the last 5 games we have played against the 1st, 10th, 11th, 14th & 17th attacks in the division.

But the reality was in each of those games we could have conceded and really should have, Manchester City could easily have scored 4 against us likewise Liverpool who just couldnt get it together in the final 3rd, both games were backs against the wall and they both had good opportunities they should have missed.

It has been the same in all of the games so far, we are still handing teams chances, sometimes they score sometimes they don't

Is Fraser Forster the best goalkeeper at Saints this season ? statistically he is yes o goals conceded and no errors that have led to goals.

So lets not get too carried away just yet, lets congratulate our defenders for their battling and spirit but lets not pretend that every game has been a composed defensive performance, no matter who has played it hasn't been.

Which defences have been consistently composed all season? Most teams maybe with the exception of Spurs and Man City have gone through patches where they look shaky or let in a few.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 13:26]

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:30 - Jan 7 with 658 viewsButty101

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 12:54 - Jan 7 by SaintNick

So according to your logic, we need to ditch Ings and Adams as they are now rubbish. Over the last 5 games they have scored 1 goal between them, couldnt score against relegation strugglers Arsenal and Fulham or mid table Man City and Westham. They only scored against Liverpool becuase they had their reserve defence.....

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:35 - Jan 7 with 652 viewsSaintNick

Should Southampton Bring Calum Chambers Back To St Mary's on 13:30 - Jan 7 by Butty101

So according to your logic, we need to ditch Ings and Adams as they are now rubbish. Over the last 5 games they have scored 1 goal between them, couldnt score against relegation strugglers Arsenal and Fulham or mid table Man City and Westham. They only scored against Liverpool becuase they had their reserve defence.....

You are not reading what I said "look at the facts, but statistics are not the only facts." I said that in the very first line of my post.

I then went on to point out that despite not conceding in several games that we were lucky not to do so. You have completely got the wrong end of the stick

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024