Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict 08:15 - Mar 11 with 747 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/54495/southampton-at-man

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 09:48 - Mar 11 with 676 viewsRon11

Two things-playing with ten men against City is suicide, because Stephens may as well not even been there.
And the slow build up from the back is pointless when you have a keeper who can't kick the ball out and takes risks that make you want to look away in disbelief.
Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 10:15 - Mar 11 with 660 viewsSonicBoom

Unfortunately this is modern football- the money means that we have to play teams in our own league and pretty much everyone before the game writes it off and seemingly getting beaten no longer matters. In fact Nick is pleased that we didn't get beaten by more. It never used to be like this.
But Nick I have to say that if you don't think that letting in 5 goals is "not getting walloped" then I really don't understand. I supposed against two 9-0 results it might look ok but it's a hammering by any measure.
The worst part is that if City were imperious and played us off the park then I'd be perfectly ok with it, but we gave the game away. Plain and simple and it's not the first time. You are often critical of the fans Nick and I get that, but you also make excuses for the players, I really think we should have higher expectations of the club than just not getting smashed to bits.

That said I agree we needed to prioritise other games and that's probably the smart thing to do, but there are players that played well that were, and are, let down by others, I doubt they all think that giving away games is somehow acceptable.
Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 10:38 - Mar 11 with 638 viewsDorsetIan

We got hammered by them 6-1 in November 2018 but apart from that the margin has been no more than a goal or two since the start of the 17/18 season and including the battling 2-1 defeat to them immediately after the Leicester 9-0.

This was another hammering, albeit one that we seemed to plan for in advance.

I don't take too many positives from the game and I don't like the idea that we are going to focus in on some games and throw the rest, whatever the logic for doing that.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:09 - Mar 11 with 608 viewsButty101

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 10:38 - Mar 11 by DorsetIan

We got hammered by them 6-1 in November 2018 but apart from that the margin has been no more than a goal or two since the start of the 17/18 season and including the battling 2-1 defeat to them immediately after the Leicester 9-0.

This was another hammering, albeit one that we seemed to plan for in advance.

I don't take too many positives from the game and I don't like the idea that we are going to focus in on some games and throw the rest, whatever the logic for doing that.

I must of watched a different game to Nick. Man City barely got out of 2nd gear and pretty much stopped trying once they got to 5. Had they wanted to score more at will they could of.

The team selection was bizarre frankly. I dont have a problem resting KWP and Diallo. but playing Bertrand at right back was odd. Why have we given Ramsey anew contract if he isnt good enough. If he cant be trusted now, when will he be?

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:17 - Mar 11 with 594 viewssaintwizzler

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:09 - Mar 11 by Butty101

I must of watched a different game to Nick. Man City barely got out of 2nd gear and pretty much stopped trying once they got to 5. Had they wanted to score more at will they could of.

The team selection was bizarre frankly. I dont have a problem resting KWP and Diallo. but playing Bertrand at right back was odd. Why have we given Ramsey anew contract if he isnt good enough. If he cant be trusted now, when will he be?

Ramsey situation is odd.
Square pegs

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:51 - Mar 11 with 558 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:09 - Mar 11 by Butty101

He did this once before, playing Cedric at left back if I remember. It means that instead of just having one inexperience player in defence (Ramsey), you've still got one (Salisu at LB) and another out of position (Bertrand).

When we play KWP-YB-YV-RB as a back four, we look as solid as anyone. Otherwise, the defence is there to be walked through.

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 13:50 - Mar 11 with 495 viewsSaintNick

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:51 - Mar 11 by DorsetIan

He did this once before, playing Cedric at left back if I remember. It means that instead of just having one inexperience player in defence (Ramsey), you've still got one (Salisu at LB) and another out of position (Bertrand).

When we play KWP-YB-YV-RB as a back four, we look as solid as anyone. Otherwise, the defence is there to be walked through.

He switched their sides as City have more pace down the right hand side

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 14:14 - Mar 11 with 474 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 11:51 - Mar 11 by DorsetIan

'When we play KWP-YB-YV-RB as a back four, we look as solid as anyone'

Sorry to be pedantic, but who are YB and YV ?

I'm guessing you mean Jan Bednarek and Jannik Vestergaard ?

Your statement about our strongest back 4 is misleading, because our player with the initials YV is actually Yan Valery - and he is not a CB and is definitely not part of our strongest back 4 !! :-)

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 15:42 - Mar 11 with 428 viewsDorsetIan

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 14:14 - Mar 11 by TimSaint

'When we play KWP-YB-YV-RB as a back four, we look as solid as anyone'

Sorry to be pedantic, but who are YB and YV ?

I'm guessing you mean Jan Bednarek and Jannik Vestergaard ?

Your statement about our strongest back 4 is misleading, because our player with the initials YV is actually Yan Valery - and he is not a CB and is definitely not part of our strongest back 4 !! :-)

I'm spelling all my Jan's as Yan's today!

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 16:48 - Mar 11 with 394 viewsBerber

Southampton At Manchester City The Verdict on 15:42 - Mar 11 by DorsetIan

I'm spelling all my Jan's as Yan's today!

I can remember having a chat with a Norwegian guy who kept on talking about Yacky Chan. I thought it might be an exotic tea blend or something until the light dawned.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024