Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja Has Signed 09:18 - Aug 10 with 1202 viewsSaintNick

Press release just out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja Has Signed on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 1158 viewssaints__fan__73

Press release?

That's very 80s Nick!

Did you mean it's been announced on the o/s and twitter?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Broja Has Signed on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 1153 views1885_SFC

Old School is Cool

Broja Has Signed on 10:19 - Aug 10 with 1127 viewssaints__fan__73

I'm not sure what's more disappointing.

That we cannot even afford to sign senior players with 1st team experience anymore

or

That our once great academy isn't producing anything decent anymore so we have to borrow young players from other PL team Academies.

Broja Has Signed on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 1089 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja Has Signed on 10:19 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

That we cannot even afford to sign senior players with 1st team experience anymore

or

That our once great academy isn't producing anything decent anymore so we have to borrow young players from other PL team Academies.

Or just take them.

Like Tella.

Just let Arsenal spend the time on them and we’ll reap the benefit.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Broja Has Signed on 11:17 - Aug 10 with 1044 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

or

I'm happy Saints are signing quality younger players, especially ones that various people in the know seem to be raving about.

However I'd agree that it's annoying that the Saints academy is just not producing again. I do think that the Chelsea academy is a big factor in this, they are hoovering up more talent closer to home than Saints are.

I think someone on the other forum said that they (Chelsea) had been running football schools with schools in an SO postcode??

Plus Bournemouth and the skates have decided to try to start enticing people as well, so those in a BH or PO postcode are probably no longer in Saints' reach.

I'm guessing though. But they do need to get the academy firing again.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Broja Has Signed on 11:35 - Aug 10 with 1006 viewsSaintNick

Broja Has Signed on 10:02 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

Press release?

That's very 80s Nick!

Did you mean it's been announced on the o/s and twitter?

The club sends out press releases , i got an e mail , didnt you ?

Broja Has Signed on 11:39 - Aug 10 with 993 viewsSaintNick

or

Being a scholar of all my proclamations over the years it wont be too hard to find a couple where I have explained that you only find out how good your academy is in 10 years time, as usually clubs have youngsters signed up between 8-10

I guess that 10-12 years ago Cortese wasnt investing much in our future and was more concerned with putting in gold taps at Staplewood than recruiting

Broja Has Signed on 11:40 - Aug 10 with 990 viewssaints__fan__73

Broja Has Signed on 11:35 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

The club sends out press releases , i got an e mail , didnt you ?

Of course not Nick, you're one of the favoured few as you spend countless hours of your free time on here defending every single decision the club make.

They must love you.

I hope to god they are at the very least giving you a free s/t to watch, first hand, the dross that they are serving up.

I mean it's not as if there aren't going to be thousands of empty seats at SMS for every game this season is there?

Login to get fewer ads

Broja Has Signed on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 971 viewssolent_toffee

Broja Has Signed on 11:17 - Aug 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I'm happy Saints are signing quality younger players, especially ones that various people in the know seem to be raving about.

However I'd agree that it's annoying that the Saints academy is just not producing again. I do think that the Chelsea academy is a big factor in this, they are hoovering up more talent closer to home than Saints are.

I think someone on the other forum said that they (Chelsea) had been running football schools with schools in an SO postcode??

Plus Bournemouth and the skates have decided to try to start enticing people as well, so those in a BH or PO postcode are probably no longer in Saints' reach.

Chelsea also reach out to areas all over the south, Cornwall, Devon, Somerset etc. I’ve heard they even reach out as far north as Yorkshire these days.

They have a massive footprint in the UK and abroad.
Broja Has Signed on 11:58 - Aug 10 with 954 viewsdirk_doone

If he's anywhere near as good as Livramento, this is great news. Young players like this from Chelsea are probably better than anyone we could buy elsewhere for £10 mill.

In fact there are some top quality players among the lot all of the big London clubs loan out.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 12:09]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Broja Has Signed on 11:59 - Aug 10 with 952 viewsSaintNick

Broja Has Signed on 11:40 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

Of course not Nick, you're one of the favoured few as you spend countless hours of your free time on here defending every single decision the club make.

They must love you.

I hope to god they are at the very least giving you a free s/t to watch, first hand, the dross that they are serving up.

I mean it's not as if there aren't going to be thousands of empty seats at SMS for every game this season is there?

Do you think I sit here and wonder in awe about your scathing wit or do you think it is more a mixed feeling of feeling sorry for you and wondering whether i have a stalker

Broja Has Signed on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 930 viewssaints__fan__73

Broja Has Signed on 11:59 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

Do you think I sit here and wonder in awe about your scathing wit or do you think it is more a mixed feeling of feeling sorry for you and wondering whether i have a stalker

Apologies for actually posting on a forum you run. I would have thought you would be happy with the traffic.

Do fansnetwork actually realise you've been tasked by the club to try to shut down any dissention in the ranks?

Broja Has Signed on 12:13 - Aug 10 with 930 viewsBerber

or

The latter for me.
Broja Has Signed on 12:15 - Aug 10 with 928 viewsdirk_doone

Broja Has Signed on 11:39 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

Being a scholar of all my proclamations over the years it wont be too hard to find a couple where I have explained that you only find out how good your academy is in 10 years time, as usually clubs have youngsters signed up between 8-10

I guess that 10-12 years ago Cortese wasnt investing much in our future and was more concerned with putting in gold taps at Staplewood than recruiting

Wouldn't that have been when we recruited youngsters like Ben White and Tyrone Mings? Those two alone are worth £80 mill+. That would pay for a lot of gold taps.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 12:16]

Broja Has Signed on 12:19 - Aug 10 with 919 viewssaints__fan__73

Broja Has Signed on 12:15 - Aug 10 by dirk_doone

Wouldn't that have been when we recruited youngsters like Ben White and Tyrone Mings? Those two alone are worth £80 mill+. That would pay for a lot of gold taps.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 12:16]

Broja Has Signed on 12:30 - Aug 10 with 900 viewsSaintNick

Broja Has Signed on 12:19 - Aug 10 by saints__fan__73

Tyrone Mings was released from the club in 2009 the year it went into administration, Ben White joined the club in about 2006 and was released in 2014, leaving just after Cortese, although the coaching staff that released him would have been his men,

In truth they are bad examples of a cheap laugh to suggest Saints coaching staff were rubbish, Mings was a slow started and spent time in non league, with Ipswich in the Championship and he stagnated at Bournemouth spending 3 seasons playing literally 3 games a season, before going out on loan to the Championship with Aston Villa then a permanent signing, so his first stint as first choice in the top flight came in 2018 at the age of 25 .

Ben White a similar path lower league loans and finally making his Brighton League debut last September at 22.

Both hardly instant success's

Broja Has Signed on 13:38 - Aug 10 with 826 viewssaint22

Great
Now for an experienced CB please
Broja Has Signed on 14:50 - Aug 10 with 752 viewsBison

Broja Has Signed on 11:17 - Aug 10 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Just been to Porthcawl in South Wales and guess who was running an academy there ? Yep Chelsea.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Broja Has Signed on 15:33 - Aug 10 with 701 viewsdirk_doone

Broja Has Signed on 14:50 - Aug 10 by Bison

Just been to Porthcawl in South Wales and guess who was running an academy there ? Yep Chelsea.

I think it's great that they are training these players to one day play for us.

Broja Has Signed on 15:55 - Aug 10 with 676 viewsKennington

He looks a great prospect. I worry though that we need more vocal senior pros for the likely relegation battle ahead. These youngsters may well be fine on a sunny Saturday in September, but how will they cope on the preverbal midweek winter game 6 pointer at Carrow Rd or Turf Moor? I’d like to see some proper veteran players that can come and knock these youngsters that clearly have talent into men. A few Cahill type of players is what’s needed.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Broja Has Signed on 16:22 - Aug 10 with 645 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Broja Has Signed on 15:55 - Aug 10 by Kennington

He looks a great prospect. I worry though that we need more vocal senior pros for the likely relegation battle ahead. These youngsters may well be fine on a sunny Saturday in September, but how will they cope on the preverbal midweek winter game 6 pointer at Carrow Rd or Turf Moor? I’d like to see some proper veteran players that can come and knock these youngsters that clearly have talent into men. A few Cahill type of players is what’s needed.

I'm still annoyed the club didn't seemingly try for Cahill. In another thread I was talking about the old pros in the 90s Saints teams, many of them contributed something ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024