Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salisu 23:25 - Aug 14 with 1449 viewsA1079

All the focus has been on Stephens and McCarthy supposed failings but having just seen the few seconds that the game got on MOTD I would say that Salisu was static on the first and on the third, arguably he could have got a tackle or something on the player to stop the cross.

If Salisu is going to be the player that we all hope, he needs to be more commanding and decisive than what I have just seen in those few seconds.

The second Everton goal was just a good goal.

Salisu on 23:30 - Aug 14 with 1435 viewsPatfromPoole

I imagine his mind was occupied on trying to cover for Super Jack.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Salisu on 07:49 - Aug 15 with 1297 viewssaint22

He needs an experienced CB next to him, even bednarek would be a help over Slack Jack
Plus he has to wonder what Alex is doing behind him
How can he learn with such poor players around him
Salisu on 08:23 - Aug 15 with 1259 viewssaintwizzler

Salisu on 07:49 - Aug 15 by saint22

He needs an experienced CB next to him, even bednarek would be a help over Slack Jack
Plus he has to wonder what Alex is doing behind him
How can he learn with such poor players around him

We’ve needed a leader at CB for years.
I thought maybe Vestergaard would of been that man, but sadly not.
If we continue to leak goals as we have done in this calendar year we are going to get relegated.
No ifs, no buts. Relegated.

It needs McCarthy gone, Forster as back up and a decent goalkeeper in.

Also a leader in to partner Salisu or Bednarek.

It’s the same fûcking story. Please Ralph do something about it before it’s too late.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Salisu on 09:31 - Aug 15 with 1177 viewspjt50

People blaming the usual scapegoats of McCarthy & Stephens for what was a poor second half all round. I'd rather see Forster play too, but I wouldn't blame McCarthy for yesterday's goals. If he'd stopped any one of them we'd be saying what a fantastic save it was (but some would still be blaming him for the other 2).

Maybe Stephens could have been tighter on DCL for the third but it was a very difficult cross to defend. Otherwise he had a pretty solid game. If anybody made a howler like Keane did yesterday we really would have a right to complain.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Salisu on 09:51 - Aug 15 with 1142 viewsstmichael

Salisu on 09:31 - Aug 15 by pjt50

People blaming the usual scapegoats of McCarthy & Stephens for what was a poor second half all round. I'd rather see Forster play too, but I wouldn't blame McCarthy for yesterday's goals. If he'd stopped any one of them we'd be saying what a fantastic save it was (but some would still be blaming him for the other 2).

Maybe Stephens could have been tighter on DCL for the third but it was a very difficult cross to defend. Otherwise he had a pretty solid game. If anybody made a howler like Keane did yesterday we really would have a right to complain.

Salisus defending for the all important 1stgoal was dreadful.
Changed the game…

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Salisu on 10:00 - Aug 15 with 1134 viewsSadoldgit

The first goal looked like a lack of communication between Salisu and McCarthy. The second was a lovely bit of skill that MLT would have been proud of and Stephens lost his man for the third. With Armstrong, KWP and Bednarek to come back we will be stronger. Not sure how we accommodate Livramento in that starting X1 but he looks a player. 37 matches to go. Too early to wet the bed just yet.
Salisu on 10:16 - Aug 15 with 1100 viewsgrumpy

I see Vestergaard came on for Leicester for the last 30 minutes and didn't concede.
I have seen Saints make some mistakes in my time but selling him days before the season started is one of the worst.
Salisu on 10:24 - Aug 15 with 1075 viewsElijahK

Salisu on 09:31 - Aug 15 by pjt50

Wow finally someone who can actually be honest about the likes of Stephens and McCarthy and doesn’t blame them for every little thing they do wrong. But yeah I completely agree as McCarthy couldn’t do anything about that first goal, or the 3rd and even then the second one was a decent shot which only the best keepers save. And Stephens did have a good game (probably better than Salisu’s) up to that 3rd goal.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Login to get fewer ads

Salisu on 10:35 - Aug 15 with 1056 viewsstmichael

At least one mistake EVERY game from the afore mentioned.
In this league you get punished and ALL the hard work dare I say good work is undone.

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Salisu on 10:51 - Aug 15 with 1023 viewssaint22

Salisu on 10:00 - Aug 15 by Sadoldgit

The first goal looked like a lack of communication between Salisu and McCarthy. The second was a lovely bit of skill that MLT would have been proud of and Stephens lost his man for the third. With Armstrong, KWP and Bednarek to come back we will be stronger. Not sure how we accommodate Livramento in that starting X1 but he looks a player. 37 matches to go. Too early to wet the bed just yet.

Livramento plays RM ahead of KWP that would be smart
Bin off woeful walcottvwhich along with selling Vestergaard looks an awful piece of business
Oh and start FF as we all know just Ralph doesn’t
Salisu on 11:01 - Aug 15 with 1011 viewsA1079

Salisu on 10:16 - Aug 15 by grumpy

I see Vestergaard came on for Leicester for the last 30 minutes and didn't concede.
I have seen Saints make some mistakes in my time but selling him days before the season started is one of the worst.

Though Vestergaard was never the complete answer he does have some strengths. Selling him days before the start of the season without a replacement of equal or better quality lined up was an insane decision and not only do we keep making the same errors on the field we keep making the same ones off it.........and arguably they are or will prove more costly in more ways than one.
Salisu on 11:13 - Aug 15 with 992 viewskingslandstand1

Have just watched MOTD and that was my thought re Saiisu. Everyone raves about him but his regular mistakes are often major of the Yoshida, Vestergard ilk who both eventually turned out ok but always had reservations about them

He needs to step his game up, but also the coaching staff really need to work on him. He is a young lad new to these shores, maybe thinking that now he's in the Prem he's made it, but he hasn't ................... yet!
Salisu on 11:17 - Aug 15 with 984 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu on 10:51 - Aug 15 by saint22

Bin off woeful walcottvwhich along with selling Vestergaard looks an awful piece of business

"Livramento plays RM ahead of KWP that would be smart"

So where does S Armstrong fit in as in my opinion he should a shoe in starter. Although what you have said would probably work - can we have 11 outfield players?
[Post edited 15 Aug 2021 11:17]
Salisu on 11:19 - Aug 15 with 976 views1885_SFC

Salisu on 10:51 - Aug 15 by saint22

I'd try KWP RM ahead of Livramento if I was Ralph. Nothing to lose. KWP is pretty quick and when he gets forward, he does to tend to put a good ball into the box more often than not. Worth a try and those two would be a handful for most defences.

Old School is Cool

Salisu on 11:30 - Aug 15 with 950 viewssaint22

Salisu on 11:17 - Aug 15 by kingslandstand1

So where does S Armstrong fit in as in my opinion he should a shoe in starter. Although what you have said would probably work - can we have 11 outfield players?

I agree I think Stu should start, isn’t this Livramento chap two footed maybe he plays left?
Salisu on 11:51 - Aug 15 with 924 viewspjt50

Salisu on 10:16 - Aug 15 by grumpy

Not sure I'd put that down to Vestergaard. In the few seconds I saw on MOTD Traore bundled him off the ball & nearly scored & later he was like a statue when the ball was pinging around the box.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Salisu on 12:40 - Aug 15 with 865 viewsgrumpy

Salisu on 11:51 - Aug 15 by pjt50

Not sure I'd put that down to Vestergaard. In the few seconds I saw on MOTD Traore bundled him off the ball & nearly scored & later he was like a statue when the ball was pinging around the box.

Did Wolves score?
Do you have to charge about like a headless chicken when the ball is being pinged around the box?
Salisu on 12:47 - Aug 15 with 858 viewsKennington

What’s Yoshida up to these days? I’d rather Yosh than Stephens.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Salisu on 18:14 - Aug 15 with 711 viewskingslandstand1

Salisu on 12:47 - Aug 15 by Kennington

What’s Yoshida up to these days? I’d rather Yosh than Stephens.

Didn't he play for Japan in the Olympics? Not sure, but seem to recall someone saying that on here
Salisu on 19:28 - Aug 15 with 663 viewsCity_boy

Salisu on 11:17 - Aug 15 by kingslandstand1

Why. not. have 11 out field players given how crap Mccarthy is playing ! Or 'rush goalie' ? Anyone remember that, where anyone could go in goal ! :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024