Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forster 22:03 - Dec 28 with 1120 viewsSaintsforeverj

I thought he was strong, commanding, powerful, and a leader today. The whole team gave everything, it was a wonderful feel good performance, but Forster made 10 saves which is a very high statistic. He was outstanding today.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Forster on 22:15 - Dec 28 with 1094 views1teeminants

I completely agree. How anyone can think McCarthy is a better keeper is beyond me. Forster gives me confidence McCarthy doesn’t .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Forster on 22:21 - Dec 28 with 1081 viewsPatfromPoole

I don’t particularly care that he kicked it off the pitch a few times.

Great to see him back. He’s had a rough time of it but there is a very decent keeper in there.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Forster on 22:27 - Dec 28 with 1069 viewsSaintsforeverj

Forster on 22:21 - Dec 28 by PatfromPoole

I don’t particularly care that he kicked it off the pitch a few times.

Great to see him back. He’s had a rough time of it but there is a very decent keeper in there.

He is also more direct. Yes, he kicked it out a few times, but at least he got the ball up the front, instead of pointless passing out from the back. He made of a lot of the saves look effortless today. Loved the way he caught the ball and then went down on the ground to waste time.

Great performance all round though from Saints. Ralph really looked like he and the team have an extra spring in their step.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Forster on 22:27 - Dec 28 with 1069 viewsSadoldgit

For a big guy he is shockingly bad at commanding his area in the air. He got out of jail with that own goal. Both of the keepers are fine as back ups but we really need a better keeper. He did a good job today but the shots were all pretty much straight at him (or very close). Having said that he deserves to keep his place.
Forster on 22:41 - Dec 28 with 1031 viewsButty101

Thought he was very good today, and given a run in the team could do a decent job. He was lucky with the og but you need those breaks some times.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Forster on 23:42 - Dec 28 with 964 viewsdirk_doone

Forster on 22:41 - Dec 28 by Butty101

Thought he was very good today, and given a run in the team could do a decent job. He was lucky with the og but you need those breaks some times.

The ball was knocked out of his hands. If a player does that to a goalkeeper with any part of his body - foot, head or back - 10 times out of 10 it's not a goal. It's been that way since the 1950s.

Forster is the backbone of that team and the whole team feels more confident and plays better when he is there. It was like that in 2016 and 2017 when he was our regular goalkeeper and it's like that now. With him back, they're starting to look like a top 8 team again.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Forster on 01:38 - Dec 29 with 876 viewsElijahK

Yeah as much as I’ve been against him in the past, I do think he was really decent today and did make some decent saves. As other than his dispensing of the ball (which really was dreadful today) and not coming out once or twice, he really did put in a great display, and showed off the old Forster from the Koeman days, with the save against Son, coming out in the first half, and making sure he got those aerial balls in the second half (although was lucky that the foul was given for their disallowed goal (which in all fairness was a foul, but wouldn’t necessarily always be given)), and helped us to keep Spurs out for the 90 minutes as he could nothing about the penalty but made sure that he didn’t let anything else past him.

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Forster on 08:44 - Dec 29 with 767 views1teeminants

Forster on 22:27 - Dec 28 by Sadoldgit

For a big guy he is shockingly bad at commanding his area in the air. He got out of jail with that own goal. Both of the keepers are fine as back ups but we really need a better keeper. He did a good job today but the shots were all pretty much straight at him (or very close). Having said that he deserves to keep his place.

When McCarthy plays around in the area with the ball at his feet it makes me very nervous and he’s cocked up in the past by doing this. His positioning is awful and he’s often beaten at the near post twice recently against Norwich away .Forster was excellent yesterday and he needs a good run in the team to give him even more confidence. The trouble is I don’t think Ralph is very good at man management and I wouldn’t be surprised if McCarthy comes straight back in which will of course damage Forster’s confidence.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Forster on 10:03 - Dec 29 with 666 viewsSonicBoom

Forster on 22:27 - Dec 28 by Sadoldgit

Absolutely this.
All I've learned is we're desperate for a competent keeper.
This game and the last he flapped at everything in the air, when with his size that should be easy.
He looks scared when crosses come in. Better than AM but still nowhere near good enough.
Forster on 10:15 - Dec 29 with 647 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Forster did well yesterday.
However he (and other 'keepers') would never had got away with his faux pas when the likes of George Kirby played for Saints.
George rarely got booked or sent off but regularly assaulted players on the pitch particularly goalkeepers.
Anyone remember his performance against Peter Grummit in the 1963 6th Rd replay at The Dell?
Forster on 10:38 - Dec 29 with 629 viewsSaintNick

Good performance from him, I was surprised that he didn't start the season, he was good in the friendlies whereas McCarthy was poor.

McCarthy got the nod and was poor at Everton and in the early games, he then had a little bit of form, but was shocking against Norwich & Leicester and against Brighton unprofessional.

If Forster had played in those three games we would probably have another 7 points and that would mean that we would sit 8th this morning.

All if and buts, but it does show how close we are to challenging for the top 10

I can only think that Forster has a clause in his contract that means if he plays a certain number of games then he is entitled to a new deal on his existing terms, we would of course not want a keeper of his age and form for that matter on £90k a week, so took a calculated gamble in playing McCarthy

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Forster on 10:47 - Dec 29 with 617 viewsBazza

Forster on 10:15 - Dec 29 by SouthSeaSaint

Forster did well yesterday.
However he (and other 'keepers') would never had got away with his faux pas when the likes of George Kirby played for Saints.
George rarely got booked or sent off but regularly assaulted players on the pitch particularly goalkeepers.
Anyone remember his performance against Peter Grummit in the 1963 6th Rd replay at The Dell?

Fantastic game really got the Dell rocking and the 2nd replay historic
Forster on 11:33 - Dec 29 with 593 viewsSadoldgit

Forster on 08:44 - Dec 29 by 1teeminants

When McCarthy plays around in the area with the ball at his feet it makes me very nervous and he’s cocked up in the past by doing this. His positioning is awful and he’s often beaten at the near post twice recently against Norwich away .Forster was excellent yesterday and he needs a good run in the team to give him even more confidence. The trouble is I don’t think Ralph is very good at man management and I wouldn’t be surprised if McCarthy comes straight back in which will of course damage Forster’s confidence.

That’s the problem, both have weaknesses and we really need a more solid keeper for the no 1 spot. I have had the same thoughts about Forster’s contract situation as Nick as I am surprised that he hasn’t started more games but I really don’t think there is much between them. Having said that he certainly deserves to keep his place on current form.
Forster on 12:31 - Dec 29 with 531 viewsBerber

Forster on 22:27 - Dec 28 by Saintsforeverj

He is also more direct. Yes, he kicked it out a few times, but at least he got the ball up the front, instead of pointless passing out from the back. He made of a lot of the saves look effortless today. Loved the way he caught the ball and then went down on the ground to waste time.

Great performance all round though from Saints. Ralph really looked like he and the team have an extra spring in their step.

I had to watch it on TV. Even my wife noticed that he kept doing that, "Has he got balance problems or something?". He was still a bit shakey on crosses and got away with the disallowed goal that he kicked into the net. However, I still feel more comfortable with him between the sticks, and can understand if the team feel the same way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024