Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday 22:07 - Jan 31 with 1904 viewsSaintNick

all sold out bar 3 individual seats by the look of it, although im sure that there will still be empty seats in the Chapel/Itchen corner not taken up by sponsors

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:09 - Jan 31 with 1885 viewsSaintsforeverj

How many tickets do sponsors get? The Man City game had sold out, yet I could still see empty seats on the day of the game. The Coventry game should be a decent day. Looking forward to it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 22:09]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 1848 viewsSaintNick

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:09 - Jan 31 by Saintsforeverj

How many tickets do sponsors get? The Man City game had sold out, yet I could still see empty seats on the day of the game. The Coventry game should be a decent day. Looking forward to it.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2022 22:09]

The City game had a lot of season ticket holders not turn up because it was a Saturday night, but there was still a small block of about 40 tickets empty in the chapel corner, Saturday should see 99% of people have to buy a tickets so should be full

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:21 - Jan 31 with 1827 viewsSaintsforeverj

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:15 - Jan 31 by SaintNick

The City game had a lot of season ticket holders not turn up because it was a Saturday night, but there was still a small block of about 40 tickets empty in the chapel corner, Saturday should see 99% of people have to buy a tickets so should be full

That's true.

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 23:30 - Jan 31 with 1739 viewsSaintsforeverj

Got to say though, at £10 a ticket, the game has sold out with a week to spare. They have got to look at ticket prices next year,bif we want more sell outs.

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 23:39 - Jan 31 with 1734 viewsdirk_doone

Pity they sent extra tickets to Coventry. There's still nearly a week to go and there will always be a couple of thousand home fans who'd buy their tickets for cup games in the last few days.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 07:28 - Feb 1 with 1607 viewsSalisburySaint

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 23:30 - Jan 31 by Saintsforeverj

Got to say though, at £10 a ticket, the game has sold out with a week to spare. They have got to look at ticket prices next year,bif we want more sell outs.

be interesting to see how many we sell for Norwich

Adult tickets start at £15, Family Centre £20 and £25 for Wings and behind goals, so should sell out too even though its a Friday night game
Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 1500 viewsSaintsforeverj

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 07:28 - Feb 1 by SalisburySaint

be interesting to see how many we sell for Norwich

Adult tickets start at £15, Family Centre £20 and £25 for Wings and behind goals, so should sell out too even though its a Friday night game

It will be interesting. A lot more will go than they would normally at cheaper tickets, but the Norwich game is on tv and it's a Friday night. My neighbours very rarely go to St Mary's because they can't afford it as a family of 4 (it would cost something like £200 for some PL games) but are going to the game Saturday 4 of them for £30. It's also not on a school night or work day (for most!) etc. It does shows that the fans are there. There are many people around who are "floating" fans. Make it more appealing and many more will come.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 15:17]

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 16:00 - Feb 1 with 1450 viewsTimSaint

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 15:15 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

It will be interesting. A lot more will go than they would normally at cheaper tickets, but the Norwich game is on tv and it's a Friday night. My neighbours very rarely go to St Mary's because they can't afford it as a family of 4 (it would cost something like £200 for some PL games) but are going to the game Saturday 4 of them for £30. It's also not on a school night or work day (for most!) etc. It does shows that the fans are there. There are many people around who are "floating" fans. Make it more appealing and many more will come.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 15:17]

The prices for the top games are not as expensive as you think, unless of course you want to sit in the Premium or Plus seats.

Your neighbours' family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) can go to the upcoming Category A Liverpool home game and sit in the Itchen South for £100 all in. Or less if the kids are under 11.

Granted it is still £100, which is a lot, but it is to see a top category game and half the price you quoted. If they don't go very often, then I am sure they won't worry too much about what part of the ground they are in, as the views are good from pretty much every seat.

As an alternative, the Norwich (Cat D) home game in a few weeks has seats in the same area (Itchen South) that would cost them £50 for 2 adults and 2 kids, or less if the kids are Under 11.

The prices in the Family Centre for 2 quoted games are just slightly higher.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 16:10 - Feb 1 with 1443 viewsSaintsforeverj

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 16:00 - Feb 1 by TimSaint

The prices for the top games are not as expensive as you think, unless of course you want to sit in the Premium or Plus seats.

Your neighbours' family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) can go to the upcoming Category A Liverpool home game and sit in the Itchen South for £100 all in. Or less if the kids are under 11.

Granted it is still £100, which is a lot, but it is to see a top category game and half the price you quoted. If they don't go very often, then I am sure they won't worry too much about what part of the ground they are in, as the views are good from pretty much every seat.

As an alternative, the Norwich (Cat D) home game in a few weeks has seats in the same area (Itchen South) that would cost them £50 for 2 adults and 2 kids, or less if the kids are Under 11.

The prices in the Family Centre for 2 quoted games are just slightly higher.

Yes, it does depend where you sit and there are a few cheaper areas. But even at £100, add in travel, food drinks, it's still too expensive for my neighbours for an hour an half of football. If they also go the next game depending on who we are playing, it's another £50 to £100, so over £200 spent in a say 3 weeks. It's too much altogether to justify, so they just go to the cheaper cup games. The point I am trying to make is that this is the situation for many Saints fans / families and so therefore many don't go. But the fans are there. We could get multiple sell outs if the price was right.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2022 16:11]

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:22 - Feb 2 with 1267 viewsSaintNick

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 16:10 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, it does depend where you sit and there are a few cheaper areas. But even at £100, add in travel, food drinks, it's still too expensive for my neighbours for an hour an half of football. If they also go the next game depending on who we are playing, it's another £50 to £100, so over £200 spent in a say 3 weeks. It's too much altogether to justify, so they just go to the cheaper cup games. The point I am trying to make is that this is the situation for many Saints fans / families and so therefore many don't go. But the fans are there. We could get multiple sell outs if the price was right.

History proves that cheap tickets dont equal multiple sell outs, , the problem is if we are to compete we have to generate revenue and part of that comes from match attending fans and the money they spend on merchandising etc.

Man Utd can spend money as they have 46,000 fans more than us to each home game, including much more corporate facilities to make more money.

Doesn't sound much but if we average £40 a ticket that's about £35 million per season just in the premier League, this is what we are competing with.

£100 is a lot for a family of four, but then again what would it cost for alternative entertainment.

Bowling - 2 adults & 2 kids would be around £40 for a session lasting 1 1/2.

Cinema - That would be about the same price.

So yes cheaper than £100 but not far off the £50 for the Norwich game

It's supply and demand i'm afraid, our lowest attendances are usually for the games that are cheaper, Man City sold out no problem, the Burnley game back in October on a Saturday at 3pm was far from a sell out despite being cheap

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:26 - Feb 2 with 1262 viewsdirk_doone

The Club has stated that this is the 3rd of our last 4 home games to sell out. Usually, games in the second half of the season sell out unless we are on an absolutely terrible run of form. Every Premier League season at St Mary's the average gate has been over 90% of capacity. Let's face it, if they offered cheap prices for big games, like Man United and Liverpool, they could easily sell 40,000 tickets.

Over the years, the Club has tended to keep ticket prices high for the most popular league games to cool demand so that it doesn't exceed capacity. We may see them doing the same for cup games in future.

Before the Premier League era, it was rare for average home gates at most top flight grounds to be more than 75% of capacity. Until the 21st century, when their capacty was reduced to 20,000, Pompey had never had an average home gate over 75% of their capacity, even when they were back-to back champions. The idea that a home average should be anywhere near 100% of capacity is a new one.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 10:44]

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:47 - Feb 2 with 1236 viewsPatfromPoole

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:26 - Feb 2 by dirk_doone

The Club has stated that this is the 3rd of our last 4 home games to sell out. Usually, games in the second half of the season sell out unless we are on an absolutely terrible run of form. Every Premier League season at St Mary's the average gate has been over 90% of capacity. Let's face it, if they offered cheap prices for big games, like Man United and Liverpool, they could easily sell 40,000 tickets.

Over the years, the Club has tended to keep ticket prices high for the most popular league games to cool demand so that it doesn't exceed capacity. We may see them doing the same for cup games in future.

Before the Premier League era, it was rare for average home gates at most top flight grounds to be more than 75% of capacity. Until the 21st century, when their capacty was reduced to 20,000, Pompey had never had an average home gate over 75% of their capacity, even when they were back-to back champions. The idea that a home average should be anywhere near 100% of capacity is a new one.

[Post edited 2 Feb 2022 10:44]

Whoosh.

When Monsieur Cent Trente gets his internet back up and running, you can expect many posts in response to your last paragraph, sir.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:51 - Feb 2 with 1230 viewsdirk_doone

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:47 - Feb 2 by PatfromPoole

Whoosh.

When Monsieur Cent Trente gets his internet back up and running, you can expect many posts in response to your last paragraph, sir.

Here is the answer:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 11:30 - Feb 2 with 1193 viewsPatfromPoole

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 10:51 - Feb 2 by dirk_doone

Here is the answer:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

You seem to be trying to imply that Portsmouth fans have always been fickle.

This is just uncalled for, particularly when Monsieur Cent Trente clearly has serious broadband problems and isn’t here to defend this deeply horrid assertion.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 1033 viewsTimSaint

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 16:10 - Feb 1 by Saintsforeverj

I don't know how low you are expecting, or suggesting the club to set their ticket pricing to, but I think £50 for a family of 4 in the Itchen South is good value for the Saints v Norwich Prem game. £15 per Adult and £10 per U18 and it even drops to £5 if they are under 11.

To put things into perspective, a mate went with his work colleague to see Aldershot v Woking on Boxing Day. (His mate's son was going to make the bench apparently). As Adults, they were charged £20 each to get in - for a 5th Tier game !!

Football can be expensive, particularly for families, but if you pick the right areas to sit, pick your games, skip the beers and snacks, then as demonstrated above, going to some Prem matches is not as expensive as some would have you believe. Saints have played their part here, by making the cheap seats and Season Tickets available to fans.

Another mate buys an Adult and a Child Season Ticket every season and he shares it with his wife and 2 kids, so everyone gets to go to some of the games - so in theory, everyone is happy !!

TimSaint

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 22:42 - Feb 2 with 958 viewsSalisburySaint

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 19:33 - Feb 2 by TimSaint

I don't know how low you are expecting, or suggesting the club to set their ticket pricing to, but I think £50 for a family of 4 in the Itchen South is good value for the Saints v Norwich Prem game. £15 per Adult and £10 per U18 and it even drops to £5 if they are under 11.

To put things into perspective, a mate went with his work colleague to see Aldershot v Woking on Boxing Day. (His mate's son was going to make the bench apparently). As Adults, they were charged £20 each to get in - for a 5th Tier game !!

Football can be expensive, particularly for families, but if you pick the right areas to sit, pick your games, skip the beers and snacks, then as demonstrated above, going to some Prem matches is not as expensive as some would have you believe. Saints have played their part here, by making the cheap seats and Season Tickets available to fans.

Another mate buys an Adult and a Child Season Ticket every season and he shares it with his wife and 2 kids, so everyone gets to go to some of the games - so in theory, everyone is happy !!

Salisbury 7th tier charge £12 for adults, so £15 or £20 for a Premier game very reasonable by comparison
Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 12:14 - Feb 3 with 800 viewsNumber_58

I found some old ticket stubs from about 20 years ago recently and I was surprised how expensive the match tickets cost back then. So taking into account the cost of living, etc, I think ticket prices have probably come down on average. I guess we can thank the credit crunch for that. Also, apart from Sky games, you had to actually attend the games to watch them back then. Nowadays every game seems to be shown on some dodgy feed or other. I'm pretty sure this is why we don't always shift all the tickets for big matches anymore.
One question: when did SFC start charging a booking fee? I bought six for Saturday and have paid an extra nine quid. Not complaining as the tickets are very cheap to start with, but it seems strange that you pay the same booking fee whether you get them posted or print them at home. Also, I didn't pay a booking fee for the women's match last Sunday yet it's exactly the same buying process as the men's matches. It's all a bit confusing.
Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 12:33 - Feb 3 with 780 viewsdirk_doone

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 12:14 - Feb 3 by Number_58

I found some old ticket stubs from about 20 years ago recently and I was surprised how expensive the match tickets cost back then. So taking into account the cost of living, etc, I think ticket prices have probably come down on average. I guess we can thank the credit crunch for that. Also, apart from Sky games, you had to actually attend the games to watch them back then. Nowadays every game seems to be shown on some dodgy feed or other. I'm pretty sure this is why we don't always shift all the tickets for big matches anymore.
One question: when did SFC start charging a booking fee? I bought six for Saturday and have paid an extra nine quid. Not complaining as the tickets are very cheap to start with, but it seems strange that you pay the same booking fee whether you get them posted or print them at home. Also, I didn't pay a booking fee for the women's match last Sunday yet it's exactly the same buying process as the men's matches. It's all a bit confusing.

Nobody has ever compiled a list like this for Saints but it wouldn't be very different. As a boy, I seem to recall paying one shilling (5p) to stand on the Milton Road end. One big difference between then (the 1960s) and now was that you started going to games on your own or with your mates when you were 10 or 11. Nowadays, a child has to be accompanied by an adult and sit in a family stand. My first game paying a shilling was, coincidentally, Saints v Coventry in 1964. We won 4-1 and I was hooked.

In my early years of going to games, you paid cash at the turnstiles so there were no tickets or advance sales. For big games like Man United you had to start queueing a couple of hours before the game to be sure of getting in and even doing that I got locked out once and had to wait until ten minutes before the end of the game, when they started opening the gates to let people out, before I could get inside.

Changing ticket prices over the years:

http://www.red11.org/mufc/stats/prices.htm

[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 15:38]

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 12:53 - Feb 3 with 760 viewsSaintNick

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 12:33 - Feb 3 by dirk_doone

Nobody has ever compiled a list like this for Saints but it wouldn't be very different. As a boy, I seem to recall paying one shilling (5p) to stand on the Milton Road end. One big difference between then (the 1960s) and now was that you started going to games on your own or with your mates when you were 10 or 11. Nowadays, a child has to be accompanied by an adult and sit in a family stand. My first game paying a shilling was, coincidentally, Saints v Coventry in 1964. We won 4-1 and I was hooked.

In my early years of going to games, you paid cash at the turnstiles so there were no tickets or advance sales. For big games like Man United you had to start queueing a couple of hours before the game to be sure of getting in and even doing that I got locked out once and had to wait until ten minutes before the end of the game, when they started opening the gates to let people out, before I could get inside.

Changing ticket prices over the years:

http://www.red11.org/mufc/stats/prices.htm

[Post edited 3 Feb 2022 15:38]

Not sure how accurate the stats are of if prices rose greatly the next season, but in 2001/02 they were selling tickets at £28

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=S375eixH&id=7412B9

Literally Last 3 Tickets Left For Saturday on 21:36 - Feb 3 with 674 viewsSouthSeaSaint

When I went to The Dell as a schoolboy, which included queuing outside the ground for an hour to get a good view and putting up with no cover, it cost me 1/- (ie 5p)
Puts things in a bit of perspective.
I certainly never expected to watch Saints in such 'splendour' as St Marys.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024