Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Up Everton 11:46 - Mar 29 with 1403 viewsSaintNick

Seems that Play Up Pompey was stolen from Everton

https://scontent.fbrs4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/276196537_4976212689123203_

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Play Up Everton on 12:29 - Mar 29 with 1355 viewsMytchettSaint

I wonder how they’ll spin this myth…

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Play Up Everton on 12:59 - Mar 29 with 1330 viewsTimSaint

Play Up Everton on 12:29 - Mar 29 by MytchettSaint

I wonder how they’ll spin this myth…

Probably by claiming that we nicked OWTS from Spurs !! :-)

TimSaint

Play Up Everton on 16:14 - Mar 29 with 1279 viewsChesham_Saint

When you think about it, WTF does “play up” mean anyway? More bollox from the island retards and about as relevant to your average skate as that quasi Islamic joke of a badge they have which no-one has a clue what it means or where it comes from.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Play Up Everton on 17:59 - Mar 29 with 1243 viewsA1079

Play Up Everton on 16:14 - Mar 29 by Chesham_Saint

When you think about it, WTF does “play up” mean anyway? More bollox from the island retards and about as relevant to your average skate as that quasi Islamic joke of a badge they have which no-one has a clue what it means or where it comes from.

I always wondered that Chesham.

What does Play Up mean in footballing terms? My understanding is that if a child is playing up they are misbehaving or being awkward. Though come to think of it, most football songs or chants are banal. Apart from our OWTS is sung properly our own repertoire of songs and chants are pretty limited and pointless. I find our anti-Pompey songs largely cringeworthy and fail to see how singing them really helps your team.
Play Up Everton on 19:32 - Mar 29 with 1197 viewssolent_toffee

I thought the thread was titled ‘Pay Up Everton’ in response to Everton announcing record debts for the third year on the spin.
Play Up Everton on 08:33 - Mar 30 with 986 viewskernow

Play Up Everton on 19:32 - Mar 29 by solent_toffee

I thought the thread was titled ‘Pay Up Everton’ in response to Everton announcing record debts for the third year on the spin.

Everton in the red.
Ironic.
Play Up Everton on 09:04 - Mar 30 with 972 viewsSaintNick

The badge is representative of Portsmouth as a port it represents the sun and the moon by which sailors navigate by, although I thought they used the stars

Play Up Everton on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 956 viewsChesham_Saint

Play Up Everton on 09:04 - Mar 30 by SaintNick

The badge is representative of Portsmouth as a port it represents the sun and the moon by which sailors navigate by, although I thought they used the stars

Navigating at night…by the sun? 😎

And there’s me thinking it was the stars that sailors use to navigate by. So, when there’s no moon do the skates just sail around in circles until it pops out again?

Meanwhile I’d assumed the moon on their crest was for all things lunar, including of course, lunacy and the up-turned crescent represented the gormless, toothless grins on the moon faces of their inbred supporters who simply don’t appreciate quite how cretinous they are.

As for the sun, it clearly represents the one bright idea any Portsea resident can have and that’s to get the fvck out of the place.

BTW, You have a suspiciously detailed knowledge of things fishy,

Login to get fewer ads

Play Up Everton on 10:07 - Mar 30 with 952 viewsSaintNick

Play Up Everton on 09:45 - Mar 30 by Chesham_Saint

Navigating at night…by the sun? 😎

And there’s me thinking it was the stars that sailors use to navigate by. So, when there’s no moon do the skates just sail around in circles until it pops out again?

Meanwhile I’d assumed the moon on their crest was for all things lunar, including of course, lunacy and the up-turned crescent represented the gormless, toothless grins on the moon faces of their inbred supporters who simply don’t appreciate quite how cretinous they are.

As for the sun, it clearly represents the one bright idea any Portsea resident can have and that’s to get the fvck out of the place.

BTW, You have a suspiciously detailed knowledge of things fishy,

I just googled it, the City's motto is Heaves Light Our Guide, so I assume that the crest represents that light ie the Sun and the moon

Play Up Everton on 12:06 - Mar 30 with 919 viewskernow

Play Up Everton on 10:07 - Mar 30 by SaintNick

I just googled it, the City's motto is Heaves Light Our Guide, so I assume that the crest represents that light ie the Sun and the moon

There was me thinking that the star in the crescent signified the end of Ramadan.
Play Up Everton on 12:13 - Mar 30 with 898 viewsdirk_doone

The formal meaning of 'play up' is to exaggerate the extent or importance of something (the opposite is to 'play down').e.g. "the mystery surrounding his death was played up by the media but his family tried to play it down.". In British English only it is used to describe children throwing tantrums. "Stop playing up. Don't be such a cry baby". Although many footballers nowadays also seem to be good at playing up and last night Serge Aurier got a red card for doing it.

It may help explain why Little Pompey fans have always exaggerated their attendance figures.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 15:04]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Play Up Everton on 22:15 - Mar 30 with 760 viewscocklebreath

Play Up Everton on 19:32 - Mar 29 by solent_toffee

And avoiding FFP because of COVID. Filthy club just like their neighbour’s

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Play Up Everton on 21:40 - Mar 31 with 632 views1885_SFC

Play Up Everton on 10:07 - Mar 30 by SaintNick

Their badge is a carbon copy of the Pakistani flag... which reminds me of the 2-week visit my warship paid to Karachi back in the 80's. Ironically, both are really smelly, dirty old rundown seaside cities.

Spooky - but true.

Old School is Cool

Play Up Everton on 23:00 - Mar 31 with 599 viewsChesham_Saint

Play Up Everton on 21:40 - Mar 31 by 1885_SFC

Their badge is a carbon copy of the Pakistani flag... which reminds me of the 2-week visit my warship paid to Karachi back in the 80's. Ironically, both are really smelly, dirty old rundown seaside cities.

Spooky - but true.

It’s a pretty standard Islamic thing I think.

The Malaysian flag is particularly odd as it’s a mash up of a skate badge and a Saints shirt, FFS.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024