Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes 11:25 - Apr 14 with 1038 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/57553/football-supporter

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:32 - Apr 14 with 1029 viewsSaintsforeverj

I'm of the opinion, that the sooner they join their own elite league the better. The top clubs are busy scheming to make more and more money all the time, it won't stop. Staying and trying to make things more and more unfair and more uncompetitive, is not what anyone wants. They need to go and leave us to it and we get proper football back with proper fans.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:47 - Apr 14 with 1000 viewsSaintNick

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:32 - Apr 14 by Saintsforeverj

I'm of the opinion, that the sooner they join their own elite league the better. The top clubs are busy scheming to make more and more money all the time, it won't stop. Staying and trying to make things more and more unfair and more uncompetitive, is not what anyone wants. They need to go and leave us to it and we get proper football back with proper fans.

Totally agree with your thoughts here

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:34 - Apr 14 with 973 viewssolent_toffee

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:47 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

Totally agree too, but they ‘the so called big 6’ want their super duper league and also the premier league be use they know there is no guaranteed sustainability to their new league whilst the English pyramid has been going and is still thriving after some 130 plus years. There’s a quick rich plan whereas our game, not theirs, is for everyone.

Some bollocks needs to be grown by the football authorities and the government to let them go on OUR terms and throw the kitchen sink at what is left. Football will carry on but I’d give it a few years before the galaxy league or whatever shite they call it starts to wain.
Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:52 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsSaintNick

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:34 - Apr 14 by solent_toffee

Totally agree too, but they ‘the so called big 6’ want their super duper league and also the premier league be use they know there is no guaranteed sustainability to their new league whilst the English pyramid has been going and is still thriving after some 130 plus years. There’s a quick rich plan whereas our game, not theirs, is for everyone.

Some bollocks needs to be grown by the football authorities and the government to let them go on OUR terms and throw the kitchen sink at what is left. Football will carry on but I’d give it a few years before the galaxy league or whatever shite they call it starts to wain.

Who I do feel sorry for is the fans of the big six who havent bought into the modern way, who remember when it used to be competitive and it meant meeting your mates for a beer and not be surrounded by the new age fan and tourists.

Contary to beleif they do exist at the big six clubs and they have really had their clubs stolen from them

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 13:05 - Apr 14 with 956 viewssolent_toffee

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:52 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

Who I do feel sorry for is the fans of the big six who havent bought into the modern way, who remember when it used to be competitive and it meant meeting your mates for a beer and not be surrounded by the new age fan and tourists.

Contary to beleif they do exist at the big six clubs and they have really had their clubs stolen from them

Completely agree but they are few and far between these days. Even the Liverpool fans I know who were kicking off about the ESL don’t say a peep about the changes to the champions league qualifying format as they don’t want to miss out.
Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 13:11 - Apr 14 with 951 viewsSaintNick

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 13:05 - Apr 14 by solent_toffee

Completely agree but they are few and far between these days. Even the Liverpool fans I know who were kicking off about the ESL don’t say a peep about the changes to the champions league qualifying format as they don’t want to miss out.

There are far more old school fans about than you would think, Liverpool & United have a lot I have found, Man City though seemed to have embraced being rich fairly easily as have Chelsea fans

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:00 - Apr 14 with 926 viewsChesham_Saint

With the exception of Liverpool, haven’t all of the so called big six experienced down turns in the past 30 years? Their fans probably enjoyed the highs all the more as they had at least had some lows.

I’m not surprised that supporter groups are coming out against this.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:05 - Apr 14 with 924 viewssaints__fan__73

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:47 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

So why did a lot of football fans get so up in arms when this was about to happen and stopped it?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:42 - Apr 14 with 899 viewsMytchettSaint

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:05 - Apr 14 by saints__fan__73

So why did a lot of football fans get so up in arms when this was about to happen and stopped it?

Wasn’t it mainly fans of the big six that were kicking off?

I genuinely don’t know of a fan of any other club that couldn’t have given a fook if they went.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:57 - Apr 14 with 892 viewsSaintsforeverj

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:05 - Apr 14 by saints__fan__73

I think it was something to do with those top 6 clubs wanting to remain part of the PL (whilst putting all their efforts and money into the super league), which would have lead to them playing reserves in the PL and undermining the competition.

If the top 6 clubs make a clean break and f off to their super league, I think we would all be happy, apart from ofcourse the few true fans of those clubs who actually live in their own city and aren't plastic tourists. The plastic tourists would love sitting in front of the TV watching these top clubs across europe play each other regularly and we would have a proper football competition to play in with proper fans.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 15:01]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 17:22 - Apr 14 with 826 viewssolent_toffee

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:42 - Apr 14 by MytchettSaint

Wasn’t it mainly fans of the big six that were kicking off?

I genuinely don’t know of a fan of any other club that couldn’t have given a fook if they went.

Definitely - and the same fans then spent the pre season bemoaning the fact that their teams didn’t sign the likes of Mbappe for £150 million and then welcoming before moaning about signing the likes of Christiano Ronaldo and Lukaku on 300k a week or whatever they’re on.

The irony klaxon of your top 6 supporter is well and truly broken.
Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 18:44 - Apr 14 with 782 views1885_SFC

I can see a future 'European Gold League' for all of Europe's top clubs... followed a few years later by the 'European Silver league' for the 'not quite good enough to £make£ it into the Gold League'... your Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle, Feyenoord, Lazio, Roma, Valencia, etc.

Old School is Cool

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 20:48 - Apr 14 with 749 viewsElijahK

Unfortunately I don’t think they listen to fans anymore in football, money’s all they listen to!

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 20:50 - Apr 14 with 747 viewsElijahK

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:32 - Apr 14 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah well hopefully that happens, but even then we need to make a fan lead board/some sort of rules to prevent there from being a new “top 6” as it’d only be a meter of time until some new teams start spending big and getting too far ahead, so that the league will stay at a level playing field

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 20:52 - Apr 14 with 745 viewsElijahK

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:52 - Apr 14 by SaintNick

You say that, but it’s only because some of those “fans” (many of which aren’t even fans as they’re just typical glory hunters) are worried that if they join a super league, they won’t be necessarily winning every week, and it’ll be a lot harder to win stuff, whilst being in the prem, they’ve always got a great chance.

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 20:56 - Apr 14 with 737 viewsElijahK

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 14:57 - Apr 14 by Saintsforeverj

I think it was something to do with those top 6 clubs wanting to remain part of the PL (whilst putting all their efforts and money into the super league), which would have lead to them playing reserves in the PL and undermining the competition.

If the top 6 clubs make a clean break and f off to their super league, I think we would all be happy, apart from ofcourse the few true fans of those clubs who actually live in their own city and aren't plastic tourists. The plastic tourists would love sitting in front of the TV watching these top clubs across europe play each other regularly and we would have a proper football competition to play in with proper fans.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2022 15:01]

Spot on there, but unfortunately those fans are dying out for the big teams, as it’s the same for us and St Mary’s, as the real fans can’t afford to get tickets. But at least our fans can go to the odd game, both big and small, if they can get the money, whilst those big teams fans can’t always afford to go, so can’t go to many games whatsoever due to all those tourist fans taking their seats, especially for the big games.

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 09:03 - Apr 15 with 616 viewsChesham_Saint

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 20:56 - Apr 14 by ElijahK

Spot on there, but unfortunately those fans are dying out for the big teams, as it’s the same for us and St Mary’s, as the real fans can’t afford to get tickets. But at least our fans can go to the odd game, both big and small, if they can get the money, whilst those big teams fans can’t always afford to go, so can’t go to many games whatsoever due to all those tourist fans taking their seats, especially for the big games.

If there are fans who “can’t always afford to go” why don’t they “just save up”???

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 09:49 - Apr 15 with 590 viewscocklebreath

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 09:03 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

If there are fans who “can’t always afford to go” why don’t they “just save up”???

👌

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:47 - Apr 15 with 551 viewsElijahK

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 09:03 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

Well they can’t “always” go, and even then, there won’t be much point in saving up to go to a football game when mass flooding and GCC has destroyed their houses and the football stadium the game was meant to be played at 👍
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:48]

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:48 - Apr 15 with 548 viewsChesham_Saint

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:47 - Apr 15 by ElijahK

Well they can’t “always” go, and even then, there won’t be much point in saving up to go to a football game when mass flooding and GCC has destroyed their houses and the football stadium the game was meant to be played at 👍
[Post edited 15 Apr 2022 11:48]

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:55 - Apr 15 with 536 viewsElijahK

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:48 - Apr 15 by Chesham_Saint

Joke all you want, but unless things change there’s only one way we’re heading, where everyone will be looking back and thinking “why the f*ck didn’t we do more!?”

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 535 viewsSouthamptonfan

Football Supporters Groups Say No To Champions League Changes on 11:55 - Apr 15 by ElijahK

Joke all you want, but unless things change there’s only one way we’re heading, where everyone will be looking back and thinking “why the f*ck didn’t we do more!?”

Like save up for a 30 grand electric car? Feed the kids, pay the mortgage or save up for a car 🤔

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024