Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ali Dia 12:01 - Apr 25 with 1393 viewssouthampton004

I was telling my bournemouth supporting mate about Mr George Weahs cousin and was wondering if anyone in here was at that game and if so, just how shite was he??
Ali Dia on 12:13 - Apr 25 with 1352 viewsSaintNick

I was at the game, he almost scored with his first kick, he wasn't great and ran around like a headless chicken, but we had a few of those at the time lol

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ali Dia on 12:50 - Apr 25 with 1312 viewsfranniesTache

I was at the game and don't remember him being particularly bad. Definitely nowhere near the worst player i've seen playing for Saints.

I do think the whole think is completely overblown, was a non story at the time but has become a massive deal for people who were never there.
Ali Dia on 14:27 - Apr 25 with 1247 viewsSaintNick

Ali Dia on 12:50 - Apr 25 by franniesTache

I was at the game and don't remember him being particularly bad. Definitely nowhere near the worst player i've seen playing for Saints.

I do think the whole think is completely overblown, was a non story at the time but has become a massive deal for people who were never there.

I'd agree with that, the real question is just why Souness brought him on in the first place, he had other options on the bench that day who where experienced in that position, Souness claimed that he had seen that he was not good enough in training .

Robbie Slater for instance was on the bench, so was Ken Monkou , we had plenty who were in the reserves two days later such as Graham Potter, there was no need to bring him on .

Someone was doing someone a favour here

Ali Dia on 19:56 - Apr 26 with 1018 viewsSouthSeaSaint

I remember seeing a clip on the local news about our new signing training at Staplewood.

I said to my lad he doesnt seem to be able to control the ball correctly but thought this was just a blip from the short segment shown on TV.

Seems I was right!!
Ali Dia on 21:57 - Apr 26 with 968 viewsPatfromPoole

As attacking wide players go, he was no worse than David Lee, Sergei Gotsmanov, Stuart Ripley, Frankie Bennett, Lee Powell or any of the other shite we had in the 90’s.

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Ali Dia on 20:34 - Apr 27 with 821 viewsSaintNick

Ali Dia on 21:57 - Apr 26 by PatfromPoole

As attacking wide players go, he was no worse than David Lee, Sergei Gotsmanov, Stuart Ripley, Frankie Bennett, Lee Powell or any of the other shite we had in the 90’s.

Stuart Ripley had the odd good game or two, but in essence you are right, we did have some dross at times

Ali Dia on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 813 viewsSaintsforeverj

Lee Todd was one of the worst players I ever saw in a Saints debut. He was so small, and remember the opposition just looping the ball over the top of him.

As for Ali Dia, I remember him having a good chance but obviously he missed. I don't remember him being noticeably bad, just not as good as what he was hyped up to be.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Ali Dia on 21:04 - Apr 27 with 803 viewsSaintNick

Ali Dia on 20:39 - Apr 27 by Saintsforeverj

Lee Todd was one of the worst players I ever saw in a Saints debut. He was so small, and remember the opposition just looping the ball over the top of him.

As for Ali Dia, I remember him having a good chance but obviously he missed. I don't remember him being noticeably bad, just not as good as what he was hyped up to be.

David Jones the manager came in and thought he was Billy Big Boots, he bought Lee Todd and gave him Benali's number 3 shirt, brought in Paul Jones and dropped Maik Taylor, he tried to make a statement and it almost cost us dearly

Login to get fewer ads

Ali Dia on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 779 views1teeminants

Surprised no one has mentioned Graham Potter, the worst I’ve seen in a Saints shirt . Then there was Paul Moody lol. We certainly have had some rubbish . I too was at the Ali Dia game and I agree he didn’t stand out as being that bad.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Ali Dia on 10:28 - Apr 28 with 698 viewsfranniesTache

Yeah Lee Todd for me too, the only player in my whole life i've seen another top flight pro take pit on during a game.

Think it was Arsenal away (though might've been home), he kept getting skinned and just looked like someone had let a fan on as a make a wish.

One of the Arsenal players, can't remember who actually put his arm round him and obviously told him not to take it personally, during the game.

Utterly woeful player and made Ali Dia look like prime Maradona
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024