Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
July 1st 22:56 - Jun 30 with 996 viewsSaintNick

Almost there and the transfer widow will kick into life

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

July 1st on 23:03 - Jun 30 with 979 viewsSaintsforeverj

I hope we get some experience, established players in Nick. All this talk of 18 year olds from City and Chelsea, doesn't fill me confidence. By all means bring in some young players to develop, but we can't have a whole team of them. None of them have PL experience. We desperately need an established, experienced defender and likewise a striker. Mould the younger players around them, but without some experience, we are taking a.massive risk. These young players and a defence / GK with an average age of 20 could quite easily get torn to shreds in an unforgiving PL. I hope we arn't going to just bring in young players with no experience at all? They might take years to develop or might not even be up to standard.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 23:05]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

July 1st on 23:08 - Jun 30 with 964 viewsSaintNick

July 1st on 23:03 - Jun 30 by Saintsforeverj

I hope we get some experience, established players in Nick. All this talk of 18 year olds from City and Chelsea, doesn't fill me confidence. By all means bring in some young players to develop, but we can't have a whole team of them. None of them have PL experience. We desperately need an established, experienced defender and likewise a striker. Mould the younger players around them, but without some experience, we are taking a.massive risk. These young players and a defence / GK with an average age of 20 could quite easily get torn to shreds in an unforgiving PL. I hope we arn't going to just bring in young players with no experience at all? They might take years to develop or might not even be up to standard.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2022 23:05]

Totally agree with you, we still need a leader, an old head in the back four to organise and steer the youngsters in the right direction

July 1st on 23:13 - Jun 30 with 954 viewsSaintsforeverj

July 1st on 23:08 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

Totally agree with you, we still need a leader, an old head in the back four to organise and steer the youngsters in the right direction

Yes, a leader is a must. And leaders need some experience. But the sounds coming from the club just seem to be wanting to buy only young players. I'm a little apprehensive about the club's plans for this season. We could have a disaster of a season if they don't spend some money on a few established, experienced players. Defensively obviously but up front we are totally toothless too.

July 1st on 23:18 - Jun 30 with 949 viewsSaintNick

July 1st on 23:13 - Jun 30 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, a leader is a must. And leaders need some experience. But the sounds coming from the club just seem to be wanting to buy only young players. I'm a little apprehensive about the club's plans for this season. We could have a disaster of a season if they don't spend some money on a few established, experienced players. Defensively obviously but up front we are totally toothless too.

Thing is we have to ignore what the club say or dont say, the past few years have shown they say little until they have done it.

July 1st on 23:24 - Jun 30 with 945 viewsSaintsforeverj

July 1st on 23:18 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

Thing is we have to ignore what the club say or dont say, the past few years have shown they say little until they have done it.

Unfortunately, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa are already bringing in the experienced players that we might want, as they will pay more, so we will be left with the ones those teams don't want. Even Forest have signed a striker I think for 18 million but you're right we have to wait and see.

July 1st on 23:26 - Jun 30 with 931 viewsSaintNick

July 1st on 23:24 - Jun 30 by Saintsforeverj

Unfortunately, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa are already bringing in the experienced players that we might want, as they will pay more, so we will be left with the ones those teams don't want. Even Forest have signed a striker I think for 18 million but you're right we have to wait and see.

Newcastle, West Ham & Villa are on a level higher than us due to size of support and also the money that comes in because of that, we have to shop in a different market place.

Im optimistic, if we can finish comfortably 15th or above for the past 3 years, then we can only get better, as it stands at the moment yes we have lost Broja but he was worth only 6 goals , but we have improved the squad as a whole and there is a bit of wheeler dealing to be done yet

July 1st on 23:37 - Jun 30 with 915 viewsSaintsforeverj

July 1st on 23:26 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

Newcastle, West Ham & Villa are on a level higher than us due to size of support and also the money that comes in because of that, we have to shop in a different market place.

Im optimistic, if we can finish comfortably 15th or above for the past 3 years, then we can only get better, as it stands at the moment yes we have lost Broja but he was worth only 6 goals , but we have improved the squad as a whole and there is a bit of wheeler dealing to be done yet

But are we going to wheel and deal with just young players? Everything I have heard and read is that the new owners absolutely don't want to bring in players that don't have a sell on value. If that's the case, we could have a disaster. Hopefully, it's not true, but it doesn't seem like it so far.

July 1st on 07:52 - Jul 1 with 766 viewssaintwizzler

July 1st on 23:37 - Jun 30 by Saintsforeverj

But are we going to wheel and deal with just young players? Everything I have heard and read is that the new owners absolutely don't want to bring in players that don't have a sell on value. If that's the case, we could have a disaster. Hopefully, it's not true, but it doesn't seem like it so far.

Sorry state of affairs if this is what we’ve got to look forward to.
And I thought it was about winning things not seeing how much we can make on a player(s).

The game has officially gone 😔

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

July 1st on 07:58 - Jul 1 with 759 viewsPatfromPoole

How have we improved the squad as a whole?

Broja playing well was light years ahead of any of our other strikers.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

July 1st on 11:09 - Jul 1 with 683 viewssaints__fan__73

July 1st on 23:18 - Jun 30 by SaintNick

and then do little, yes?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

July 1st on 11:13 - Jul 1 with 672 viewsdirk_doone

July 1st on 07:52 - Jul 1 by saintwizzler

Sorry state of affairs if this is what we’ve got to look forward to.
And I thought it was about winning things not seeing how much we can make on a player(s).

The game has officially gone 😔

We are building a team to win a trophy this year: the Papa John's one.

But, even the top clubs' U21 teams struggle against League One and Two teams in that, which shows that no matter how talented they are, teams of youngsters rarely win against teams of older men. In last season's Papa John's Trophy, Man City's U21s lost 5-0 to Rotherham while Liverpool's U21s lost 4-0 to Rochdale and 5-0 to Port Vale.

In defence especially, you need a lot of experience. What I noticed last season was that teams, particularly the dirty ones like Leicester, targeted our youngsters and gave them a right good 'welcome to the Premier League' kicking. After the first few months, if they weren't out injured, their confidence had been shaken and their form had fallen off badly.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 11:34]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

July 1st on 11:21 - Jul 1 with 656 viewsSonicBoom

We are not club that can buy a player then let them go for nothing. If you want that then you need to support one of the odious top 6.
We can still buy players that are 22/23 even 24 and give them a five year deal. They can leave at 28 with a good resale value.
I agree with the other comments that we do need to bring in some experience. Kids are exciting but like Tino they don't sustain performances and when things go wrong it's good to be able to look to a wise head in the team for direction and confidence. We've all played in teams with players like that I expect.
Our defence looks exceptionally inexperienced with just Stephens to come in and he simply isn't good enough.
We do also need a striker or we are going to struggle for goals.
And everyone including our owners know that if you leak goals and cannot score enough there is only one outcome.

But lets not all start being hysterical. This is the first official day of the window. I imagine there are loads of things happening behind the scenes that we are completely unaware of. Judge it all at the end of the window and don't start panicking on day 1.
July 1st on 11:28 - Jul 1 with 640 viewssaintwizzler

We need to buy players to help us stay in the league.
If they are 21 or 31, that is the first objective.
Last season’s defence and keeper just about managed that even though they downed tools after the FA Cup exit.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

July 1st on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 606 views1teeminants

Broja scored 9 goals all comps.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

July 1st on 12:10 - Jul 1 with 584 viewssaints__fan__73

July 1st on 11:54 - Jul 1 by 1teeminants

Broja scored 9 goals all comps.

Our £15m man got two don't ya know!

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024