Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North 21:22 - Jul 24 with 5656 viewsPatfromPoole

Showing as unavailable for every game through to Christmas.

But usually somewhere that sells late each game rather than to ST holders.

Hearing there may be half-filling it with stewards, which is why it’s showing as unavailable.

Sounds a Lowe-esque thing for the club to do.

Won’t help the atmosphere at all.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:30 - Jul 24 with 4158 viewsSaintsforeverj

Hope that's not the case. We have apparently sold nearly 18 000 season tickets, so assumed it was just sold out there. On that note, I had a look and it does look busy in many blocks, some almost completely sold out to season ticket holders. All Northam blocks almost completely sold out.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:32 - Jul 24 with 4156 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:30 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

Hope that's not the case. We have apparently sold nearly 18 000 season tickets, so assumed it was just sold out there. On that note, I had a look and it does look busy in many blocks, some almost completely sold out to season ticket holders. All Northam blocks almost completely sold out.

Judging by the number of people on the internet boasting about not renewing season tickets I would be surprised if we had sold 18,000 but good news if we have.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:34 - Jul 24 with 4152 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:32 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Judging by the number of people on the internet boasting about not renewing season tickets I would be surprised if we had sold 18,000 but good news if we have.

If you have a look on the website and go to buy a season ticket, it says over 17 000 season tickets sold. When I last spoke to the ticket office, it's now nearly 18 000. Literally, only a handful of tickets available in the Northam for ticket buyers on the day. Covid returners, Gao gone?

https://www.southamptonfc.com/season-tickets
[Post edited 24 Jul 2022 21:38]

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:37 - Jul 24 with 4136 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:34 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

If you have a look on the website and go to buy a season ticket, it says over 17 000 season tickets sold. When I last spoke to the ticket office, it's now nearly 18 000. Literally, only a handful of tickets available in the Northam for ticket buyers on the day. Covid returners, Gao gone?

Glad to here it, from reading social media I was expecting the opening game attendance to be around 4,000 including away fans

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:40 - Jul 24 with 4128 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:37 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

Glad to here it, from reading social media I was expecting the opening game attendance to be around 4,000 including away fans

Don't underestimate the passion and love from the Saints fans, ha! We love our club but like a good moan too!

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:41 - Jul 24 with 4126 viewsPatfromPoole

If we have sold that many ST’s, I would expect there to be a fair bit of activity on the Ticket Exchange in the week of home games…….

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:54 - Jul 24 with 4089 viewskingslandstand1

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:37 - Jul 24 by SaintNick

That will be blamed on the first game being in the heat of the holiday season so ready made excuses
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 07:29 - Jul 25 with 3933 viewsBerber

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 21:34 - Jul 24 by Saintsforeverj

There is always a turnover of ST holders in every club, just much lower than those buying game by game. Maybe this year, they ones dropping out were more vociferous after a series of relatively poor runs.
Login to get fewer ads

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:14 - Jul 27 with 3689 viewsPatfromPoole

Looks like they have started chucking out lads in these blocks for the crime of standing…..

Beyond stupid by the club.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:19 - Jul 27 with 3679 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:14 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

Looks like they have started chucking out lads in these blocks for the crime of standing…..

Sounds like the club are being forced to do something by the police, Im not condemning anything, but last season it got popular and there was often some sort of episode in there.

I haven't heard anything but i would guess the police have suggested that they dont sell any more season tickets in there and sell empty seats in there last to try and stamp down on the trouble.

Ironically it comes when safe standing is now legal and going to happen next season

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:20 - Jul 27 with 3678 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:14 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

They were indeed throwing out fans left right and centre for standing up. The stewards were causing trouble.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:31 - Jul 27 with 3653 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:19 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

Sounds like the club are being forced to do something by the police, Im not condemning anything, but last season it got popular and there was often some sort of episode in there.

I haven't heard anything but i would guess the police have suggested that they dont sell any more season tickets in there and sell empty seats in there last to try and stamp down on the trouble.

Ironically it comes when safe standing is now legal and going to happen next season

The stewards were riling them all up Nick. There were no away fans. There were no problems. Just some young nippers standing up and getting behind the team, enjoying themselves. The stewards came steaming in, and throwing them out random fans who were standing up. This made the crowd sing stand up if you love the saints all the more, causing more problems. If you can't have a shout and let off steam at a football ground, where can you? Next we will be saying the atmosphere is bad.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 22:33]

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 3624 viewsfranniesTache

Those of us ahead of the curve have already moved out of block one/two as we knew it was dead, like Nick said it became too popular and attracted a bunch of nippers who wanted to play dress up.

Was always going to get the clubs attention when they did that, so now they've killed the atmosphere with their noddy songs, and killed the part of the ground that was actually different and unique.

A slow handclap to those dins who did it is due.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:36 - Jul 27 with 3623 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:31 - Jul 27 by Saintsforeverj

The stewards were riling them all up Nick. There were no away fans. There were no problems. Just some young nippers standing up and getting behind the team, enjoying themselves. The stewards came steaming in, and throwing them out random fans who were standing up. This made the crowd sing stand up if you love the saints all the more, causing more problems. If you can't have a shout and let off steam at a football ground, where can you? Next we will be saying the atmosphere is bad.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 22:33]

I agree with what you are saying, there was no reason for it, I was just saying why I thought they were behaving like that towards the fans there, a sign of things to come

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:38 - Jul 27 with 3601 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:36 - Jul 27 by franniesTache

Those of us ahead of the curve have already moved out of block one/two as we knew it was dead, like Nick said it became too popular and attracted a bunch of nippers who wanted to play dress up.

Was always going to get the clubs attention when they did that, so now they've killed the atmosphere with their noddy songs, and killed the part of the ground that was actually different and unique.

A slow handclap to those dins who did it is due.

That maybe the case, but these were only people loudly getting behind the team. They were forced to sit down and behave like they were in a library.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:39 - Jul 27 with 3592 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:36 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

I agree with what you are saying, there was no reason for it, I was just saying why I thought they were behaving like that towards the fans there, a sign of things to come

We knew last last season from a mate who's in the club that the club had eyes on the itchen north, to be honest it was like a creche at times over there and the amount of people wearing Stoney they'd bought on Klarna who thought they were the dogs b*llocks because they were in the itchen north was always going to kill it.

Shame really, for a couple of seasons pre-covid it was class, like being back at the Dell again, would've been great if the older lot had moved over instead of the fancy dress nippers.

But as always with Saints it'll move somewhere else, always been the way to be honest.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:40 - Jul 27 with 3578 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:38 - Jul 27 by Saintsforeverj

That maybe the case, but these were only people loudly getting behind the team. They were forced to sit down and behave like they were in a library.

As I said I agree with you, its a football ground you want fans to make some noise, there was no reason to clamp down on it last night other than it was pre season for the stewards as well so they were getting a bit of training in

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:41 - Jul 27 with 3561 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:38 - Jul 27 by Saintsforeverj

Yeah not the fault of the lads there tonight, but totally fair to blame those last season.

Most of the lot who were acting an embarrassment last season weren't even season ticket holders, they were the one a game lot and didn't look like they'd gone past puberty yet.
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:45 - Jul 27 with 3503 viewsPatfromPoole

Somebody has posted on social media that there is a new Head of Security who has come to the club from Millwall, and is overseeing this.

No idea if this is correct.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:48 - Jul 27 with 3463 viewsfranniesTache

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:45 - Jul 27 by PatfromPoole

Somebody has posted on social media that there is a new Head of Security who has come to the club from Millwall, and is overseeing this.

No idea if this is correct.

We've hired Trevor and John I heard, they're going to start integrating themselves in with the fans by drinking in the Plume to suss out the leaders, word has it that someone called Gumbo knows they're suspect though, but bob can smell bacon and thinks they're sound
Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:55 - Jul 27 with 3373 viewsBicester_North

How about the away fans who go in there when Liverpool or another big club are in town, and the away end who give it large all game, hope they all get chucked out as well

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:57 - Jul 27 with 3347 viewsSaintNick

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:55 - Jul 27 by Bicester_North

How about the away fans who go in there when Liverpool or another big club are in town, and the away end who give it large all game, hope they all get chucked out as well

Im not over there so cant comment, but from what i see most of the trouble comes from an away fan in there, so i assume they get kicked out as well given they are highly unlikely to be able to stay there without abuse

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:58 - Jul 27 with 3332 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:40 - Jul 27 by SaintNick

As I said I agree with you, its a football ground you want fans to make some noise, there was no reason to clamp down on it last night other than it was pre season for the stewards as well so they were getting a bit of training in

You're right about the training. They have been told to clamp down on bad behaviour there so they went in hard, starting as they mean to go on. But they took it literally and started chucking out young lads for having a shout and standing up to cheer. But this is an example Nick of how fans are being treated. They were only getting behind the team.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:02 - Jul 27 with 3297 viewsSaintsforeverj

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:55 - Jul 27 by Bicester_North

A great point. I had Liverpool fans cheering in my face and the stewards did nothing. Tonight young Saints Lads get thrown out for getting behind the team.

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 23:07 - Jul 27 with 3260 viewsBLEEDRED

Blocks 1 and 2 - Itchen North on 22:58 - Jul 27 by Saintsforeverj

You're right about the training. They have been told to clamp down on bad behaviour there so they went in hard, starting as they mean to go on. But they took it literally and started chucking out young lads for having a shout and standing up to cheer. But this is an example Nick of how fans are being treated. They were only getting behind the team.

Correct, this season the stewards will throw many more out for standing, Unless you are in the away end!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024