Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not keen on Keane 17:59 - Jan 5 with 1995 viewsGRIM

Apparently Saints are considering bringing on Michael Keane on loan from Everton.
This would be just another mistake, I personally have never rated Keane, he was never good enough to be capped by England.
He's only featured once for a struggling Everton side this season.
Yes he's experienced which we need but he's just not reliable or commanding enough as a ctr back.
We probably be paying his wages for warming the bench.
Not keen on Keane on 18:06 - Jan 5 with 1708 viewssaint22

agreed another make weight
we should have got Coady last summer

plus we need to play a back 4 so it doesnt matter whether we sign Varane
Not keen on Keane on 18:14 - Jan 5 with 1699 viewsRon11

Not keen on Keane on 18:06 - Jan 5 by saint22

agreed another make weight
we should have got Coady last summer

plus we need to play a back 4 so it doesnt matter whether we sign Varane

We're never going to do anything until they get rid of that clown they've brought in as manager.
I can't believe he's still in charge today.
Not keen on Keane on 18:26 - Jan 5 with 1672 viewskingslandstand1

But we were all shouting that we didn't get Tarkowski (sp?) or Coady when both were available at the start of the season and look at Everton now
Not keen on Keane on 18:26 - Jan 5 with 1674 views1885_SFC

Great isn't it. We're linked with a bloke who can't get into Everton's very leaky defence... and put him in ours.

Maybe Keane is terrific at just hoofing it down the other end?

Old School is Cool

Not keen on Keane on 18:32 - Jan 5 with 1656 viewsScoot

Bargain basement again. Getting a player from another team looking at relegation and he can't get in that team. We have shiit owners who are asset stripping, Semmens will walk and we will still have Dave Croaker and this underachieving sheep worrier.
Do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

Poll: Should NJ go?

Not keen on Keane on 18:42 - Jan 5 with 1621 viewssaint22

Not keen on Keane on 18:26 - Jan 5 by kingslandstand1

But we were all shouting that we didn't get Tarkowski (sp?) or Coady when both were available at the start of the season and look at Everton now

fair point but i would take either over lyancoont
Not keen on Keane on 18:47 - Jan 5 with 1605 viewsGRIM

Not keen on Keane on 18:32 - Jan 5 by Scoot

Bargain basement again. Getting a player from another team looking at relegation and he can't get in that team. We have shiit owners who are asset stripping, Semmens will walk and we will still have Dave Croaker and this underachieving sheep worrier.
Do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

"Do you ever get the feeling you've been cheated"
YES !!!!!!
--------------
Not keen on Keane on 18:55 - Jan 5 with 1593 viewssolent_toffee

Not keen on Keane on 18:26 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

Great isn't it. We're linked with a bloke who can't get into Everton's very leaky defence... and put him in ours.

Maybe Keane is terrific at just hoofing it down the other end?

Other than the other nights shitshow, Everton’s defence hasn’t been leaky (think it’s the 5th best in the league).

Keane is mentally fragile and looked he was having a breakdown at the back end of last season. Lampard had to bring him off at half time against Spurs because his head was gone. Likewise a few weeks later he got sent off when it was clear he was cracking under pressure.

Saying that, if his head is right he can be good. He’s very good in the oppositions box and I would say he’s better than Lyanco.

He could be great but he could be utter gash.
Login to get fewer ads

Not keen on Keane on 18:58 - Jan 5 with 1588 views1885_SFC

Not keen on Keane on 18:55 - Jan 5 by solent_toffee

Other than the other nights shitshow, Everton’s defence hasn’t been leaky (think it’s the 5th best in the league).

Keane is mentally fragile and looked he was having a breakdown at the back end of last season. Lampard had to bring him off at half time against Spurs because his head was gone. Likewise a few weeks later he got sent off when it was clear he was cracking under pressure.

Saying that, if his head is right he can be good. He’s very good in the oppositions box and I would say he’s better than Lyanco.

He could be great but he could be utter gash.

I would personally pass on signing him then. We've got enough bottlers & shirkers as it is.

He'd be utter gash for us... which is why we'll probably sign him.

Old School is Cool

Not keen on Keane on 19:25 - Jan 5 with 1533 viewssolent_toffee

Not keen on Keane on 18:58 - Jan 5 by 1885_SFC

I would personally pass on signing him then. We've got enough bottlers & shirkers as it is.

He'd be utter gash for us... which is why we'll probably sign him.

Saints are desperate for a centre half. Everton are desperate for a striker. Both have appalling recruitment records.

A Micheal Keane/Che Adams swap is clearly on the cards.

See you in the championship!!
Not keen on Keane on 19:38 - Jan 5 with 1506 viewsmushinexile

Mentally fragile? He's in.
Not keen on Keane on 20:13 - Jan 5 with 1450 viewsHollywood56

Not keen on Keane on 18:14 - Jan 5 by Ron11

We're never going to do anything until they get rid of that clown they've brought in as manager.
I can't believe he's still in charge today.

AGREED
Not keen on Keane on 20:49 - Jan 5 with 1399 viewskingslandstand1

Not keen on Keane on 18:42 - Jan 5 by saint22

fair point but i would take either over lyancoont

Without a doubt, and I was saying about those 2 before he signed for the toffees, but the OP was making the point that if we are thinking about Keane, he was behind those 2

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing
Not keen on Keane on 21:59 - Jan 5 with 1327 viewsSFC_Referee

Our defence isn’t the issue though, as it’s the midfield and attack that’s are causing the problems.
As when you look at each player in our best back 4, they’re actually fairly decent, as we all know how great KWP can be, and one Livermento’s back, how great he is, and both our two best centre half’s, Salisu and Bella-Kotchup, went to the World Cup and have both had periods this season where they looked really good. And even then on the bench you’ve still got Parraud and Calleta Car to cover for any injuries or suspensions we could get.

It’s just the issue is that the ball is almost always with the defence, as even when we were attacking last night against Forrest, the ball was almost always with the defenders passing it around just inside the Forest half, as the midfielders weren’t open and the attack wasn’t creating anything. And many times when they were on the counter attacks, it was only Prowse getting back and defending, all the rest were practically invisible!
And with regards to the attack, well like they say, attack is the best form of defence, but when your attack can’t do or create anything, all it means is that we can never keep the ball in our opponents half, meaning that it’s in our half a majority of the time with the defence. As well as the fact that we can’t ever score multiple goals anymore, putting the game to bed and relieving the pressure on the defence.

As it’s not defenders we need to sort out, but the midfield and attack.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Not keen on Keane on 22:15 - Jan 5 with 1306 viewsGRIM

Not keen on Keane on 21:59 - Jan 5 by SFC_Referee

Our defence isn’t the issue though, as it’s the midfield and attack that’s are causing the problems.
As when you look at each player in our best back 4, they’re actually fairly decent, as we all know how great KWP can be, and one Livermento’s back, how great he is, and both our two best centre half’s, Salisu and Bella-Kotchup, went to the World Cup and have both had periods this season where they looked really good. And even then on the bench you’ve still got Parraud and Calleta Car to cover for any injuries or suspensions we could get.

It’s just the issue is that the ball is almost always with the defence, as even when we were attacking last night against Forrest, the ball was almost always with the defenders passing it around just inside the Forest half, as the midfielders weren’t open and the attack wasn’t creating anything. And many times when they were on the counter attacks, it was only Prowse getting back and defending, all the rest were practically invisible!
And with regards to the attack, well like they say, attack is the best form of defence, but when your attack can’t do or create anything, all it means is that we can never keep the ball in our opponents half, meaning that it’s in our half a majority of the time with the defence. As well as the fact that we can’t ever score multiple goals anymore, putting the game to bed and relieving the pressure on the defence.

Disagree with this post.
Our defence is DODGY.
Bella Kotchap + Lyanco + Salisu
are all very similar, very erratic, they all attack the ball & get to close to the players they marking, hence they get turned very easily. Plus they are all prone to making silly mistakes & conceding needless fouls.
We need a calm head at the back.
(ie. a Fonte or similar).
Caleta Car looks calmer on the ball but I've not seen enough of him to judge him yet, he just might not be good enough.
Quality ctr backs & proven goalscorers don't come cheap hence we're unlikely to get either.
Not keen on Keane on 23:10 - Jan 5 with 1248 viewsSFC_Referee

Not keen on Keane on 22:15 - Jan 5 by GRIM

Disagree with this post.
Our defence is DODGY.
Bella Kotchap + Lyanco + Salisu
are all very similar, very erratic, they all attack the ball & get to close to the players they marking, hence they get turned very easily. Plus they are all prone to making silly mistakes & conceding needless fouls.
We need a calm head at the back.
(ie. a Fonte or similar).
Caleta Car looks calmer on the ball but I've not seen enough of him to judge him yet, he just might not be good enough.
Quality ctr backs & proven goalscorers don't come cheap hence we're unlikely to get either.

Yeah but your gonna make mistakes when your opponents have got the ball for a majority of the game and the majority of the time you’ve got it, it’s with the defence. As it’s the same for Bazunu, as I’ve seen many criticise him (and rightfully so), although at the same time, for how much more he’s gotta do compared to other prem keepers/some of our past ones, it’s to be expected that he’ll make more mistakes. And the reason why he’s gotta do soo much more is because of guys in front of him, and it’s a very similar situation with the defence and the midfield/attack in front of them. And it’s only made worse by the lack of conference they get by how bad it keeps getting week on week and how nothing seems to be improving
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 23:52]

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Not keen on Keane on 23:27 - Jan 5 with 1221 viewsfelly1

Not keen on Keane on 21:59 - Jan 5 by SFC_Referee

Agreed, maybe we're short of another left back but overall our defence definitely has some quality .
With better players in front them I reckon they'll shine.
Not keen on Keane on 23:29 - Jan 5 with 1218 viewsfelly1

Not keen on Keane on 23:27 - Jan 5 by felly1

Agreed, maybe we're short of another left back but overall our defence definitely has some quality .
With better players in front them I reckon they'll shine.

Lyanco would be benched obviously.
Not keen on Keane on 11:51 - Jan 6 with 929 views1885_SFC

Not keen on Keane on 19:25 - Jan 5 by solent_toffee

Saints are desperate for a centre half. Everton are desperate for a striker. Both have appalling recruitment records.

A Micheal Keane/Che Adams swap is clearly on the cards.

See you in the championship!!

I think the savvy West Ham fans have got it right regarding Keane...

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/southampton-move-to-save-david-moyes-from

Old School is Cool

Not keen on Keane on 13:36 - Jan 6 with 897 viewssolent_toffee

Not keen on Keane on 11:51 - Jan 6 by 1885_SFC

I think the savvy West Ham fans have got it right regarding Keane...

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/southampton-move-to-save-david-moyes-from

Do you know what, I think of there is one manager who can get the most out of Michael Keane, it’s Moyes.

When he was at Everton Moyes knew how to use his Centre halves, Everton were usually hard to beat with the likes of Weir, Stubbs, Unsworth, Watson. No of them great shakes but Moyes could get a tune out of them. Likewise at West Ham, he’s turned Craig Dawson into a decent defender.
Not keen on Keane on 13:47 - Jan 6 with 891 views1885_SFC

Not keen on Keane on 13:36 - Jan 6 by solent_toffee

Do you know what, I think of there is one manager who can get the most out of Michael Keane, it’s Moyes.

When he was at Everton Moyes knew how to use his Centre halves, Everton were usually hard to beat with the likes of Weir, Stubbs, Unsworth, Watson. No of them great shakes but Moyes could get a tune out of them. Likewise at West Ham, he’s turned Craig Dawson into a decent defender.

I agree totally Toffs... so much so that I am forwarding your post to David Sullivan right this minute.

Old School is Cool

Not keen on Keane on 14:08 - Jan 6 with 864 viewssolent_toffee

Not keen on Keane on 13:47 - Jan 6 by 1885_SFC

I agree totally Toffs... so much so that I am forwarding your post to David Sullivan right this minute.

Haha, I’m still hoping for a swap deal.

I’ve been coming on here for over twenty years and know how much this places loves a speculative swap deal and the fact that they never, ever happen!
Not keen on Keane on 14:32 - Jan 6 with 832 views1885_SFC

Not keen on Keane on 14:08 - Jan 6 by solent_toffee

Haha, I’m still hoping for a swap deal.

I’ve been coming on here for over twenty years and know how much this places loves a speculative swap deal and the fact that they never, ever happen!

When my warship paid a fortnight's visit to Mombasa, Kenya back in the mid 80's, I swapped a sealed box of Lifebuoy soap with a local old fella who had turned up one day at the dockside. He had no money, no nothing... except 3 huge carrier bags full of exotic fresh fruit - mangoes, paw paw, passion fruit, kiwi fruit, etc. He told me soap was like gold dust out there & so expensive no one could afford to buy it anyway. He probably walked off home feeling like a millionaire & hopefully made himself some great trades for that soap.

As for my part ; well me and my mess mates ate some of the finest fresh exotic fruits for the next several days which, believe me, was well worth more than a dozen bars of soap!

Nothing to do with a Adams/Keane deal of course - but probably the only swap I ever remember that actually worked out!

Old School is Cool

Not keen on Keane on 17:54 - Jan 6 with 684 viewsinthebox

I feel sorry for our defence, it must be very dispiriting to witness the number of chances Che and others have missed this season, how many times have we pressed well in the first ten minutes only for someone to miss a good opportunity. I know they've made silly mistakes including own goals but if we'd taken our chances we would be in stronger positions to absorb them.
Not keen on Keane on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 647 viewssolent_toffee

Not keen on Keane on 14:32 - Jan 6 by 1885_SFC

When my warship paid a fortnight's visit to Mombasa, Kenya back in the mid 80's, I swapped a sealed box of Lifebuoy soap with a local old fella who had turned up one day at the dockside. He had no money, no nothing... except 3 huge carrier bags full of exotic fresh fruit - mangoes, paw paw, passion fruit, kiwi fruit, etc. He told me soap was like gold dust out there & so expensive no one could afford to buy it anyway. He probably walked off home feeling like a millionaire & hopefully made himself some great trades for that soap.

As for my part ; well me and my mess mates ate some of the finest fresh exotic fruits for the next several days which, believe me, was well worth more than a dozen bars of soap!

Nothing to do with a Adams/Keane deal of course - but probably the only swap I ever remember that actually worked out!

Haha, remember when Tony Cascarino was signed for a load of balls, bibs and cones?

I wonder how many current Saints/Everton you could get for that bag of soap!
[Post edited 6 Jan 2023 18:27]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024